2018 CAAA character development challenge! // open!

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: 2018 CAAA character development challenge! // open!

Postby sharklord » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:51 am

Username: Night
How many characters do you own? 7, tier 1
What challenge(s) will you be attempting? Detailed Description, Short Scenario, Soundtrack,
Link to the thread, website, sta.sh, etc. where you will be keeping your progress: xxx, writing
Any additional questions or information: adding the last four characters asap, this looks awesome!
aaaaaaaaaaa
sharklord

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixbane » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:01 am

Username: Sixbane
How many characters do you own? 381, Tier 4
What challenge(s) will you be attempting?"Detailed Description", "A Hundred Avatars", "Snapshot"
Link to the thread, website, sta.sh, etc. where you will be keeping your progress: My toyhouse
Any additional questions or information: I'll just do new stuff on top of whats already there. A significant amount have 'basic bios' but i'll add more about them to extend it anyway.

"Character Keeper" - already complete; theyre all on toyhouse.
aaaaaaaaaaa
I'm not really active here anymore, hmu @ Sixbane on TH/DA/Discord instead
Sixbane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solanum » Wed May 02, 2018 7:54 am

Might be tempted to try and do this properly... Since last year I just didn't want to do anything, and ended up completing only like 4 characters, if that.
The art stuff was particularly difficult, since I'm not an artist... But maybe I'll be less ambitious this time, and just try and do the stuff that I can do myself. Might work. I'll have plenty of time over the summer, once these exams are done...

Anyone else tempted to have a cleanout first though? haha X3

---

What the heck, I'll sign up. If I don't do it then I don't do it, like last year. No biggie.

Username: Solanum
How many characters do you own? I'll be in tier 2, but I'm not 100% sure how many characters I'll be counting? They're not all in one place currently, as well as I don't know if I'd be counting d&d ocs for instance... So probably about 40?
What challenge(s) will you be attempting? We'll see? haha (Probably: Character Keeper, Basic Bio, Personality Pro, Detailed Description, Short Scenario and Sound Track)
Link to the thread, website, sta.sh, etc. where you will be keeping your progress: It'll be on my challenge website, I'll probably rehash the 2017 one since this is the same (and I did very little on that haha) Link
Any additional questions or information: I'll probably be rehashing a bunch of already done personalities, histories, descriptions etc. Anything that doesn't need to be changed, won't be. Like if I did a description last year, there's no point in deleting it to write the same thing. Might see about getting some art stuff, but I won't do a challenge for it, because I know I'll fail.
aaaaaaaaaaa
♠ Character site
♠ Writing thread
♠ 2017 Character challenge

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _Image
I will be here
when you think you’re all alone
Seeping through the cracks
I’m the poison in your bones
My love is your disease
I won't let it set you free
Til I break you

You’ll never know what hit you
Won’t see me closing in
I’m gonna make you suffer
This hell you put me in
I’m underneath your skin
The devil within
You’ll never know what hit you

I tried to be the lover to your nightmare
Look what you made of me
Now I’m a heavy burden that you can’t bear
Look what you made of me
Look what you made of me
I’ll make you see
Solanum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby corrosive_limes » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:45 am

dont mind me, just casually super late to the party

Username: corrosive_limes
How many characters do you own? I'll be counting my Viscets, my normal characters, my trolls, my Space Squad characters, and some of my puppers from various AUs, so in total 6 + 49 + 24 + 16 + 20 = 115, so Tier 3
What challenge(s) will you be attempting? Basic Bio, Detailed Description, and I might lump Fifty Faces and A Hundred Avatars together to be "draw an avatar" in general, and I might combine Snapshot and Tag You're It to be "draw a tag of your character in a unique pose that fits and shows off their personality", though some may have the full completed scene. Depending on how things go, I might also do Character Keeper and/or Balancing the Books, but for now I won't be. Nero and Fritz will be the worst for Character Keeper
    - Basic Bio (statement of use)
    - Detailed Description (elaboration of Basic Bio)
    - Combination of Fifty Faces and A Hundred Avatars (doing this mainly so there's no size restriction on avatars)
    - Combination of Snapshot and Tag You're It (doing this because I love the idea of Snapshot but I know I won't be able to finish it in 6 months)
Link to the thread, website, sta.sh, etc. where you will be keeping your progress: Here
Any additional questions or information: Most of my Viscets already have 4-6+ paragraphs written for their personalities, but not many of them have a place I've gone and written down their backgrounds and history. If I get to Character Keeper, I've essentially already completed that for my Viscets as well, but I'll be participating in ArtFight this year as well so that'll certainly make that harder.
aaaaaaaaaaa
_
-

they/them
unfortunately almost entirely quit, this site just doesn't spark joy for me anymore. (no my stuff is not available. if it was i would've made a thread for it)
occasionally log back on to search for references or old posts for character information, but not much more
i'm on toyhou.se @corrosive_limes if you want to credit me for a design / art that you have
my discord is also corrosive_limes if you really really need me for something
corrosive_limes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me