MODS PLEASE DELETE

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: [DNP] Tribe of the Shrouded Mist

Postby winter solstice. » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:55 am

Tribe of the Shrouded Mist
Number of Cats: 5 (3M / 2F)
Next Request: December 31, 2017
Archive Thread: Link

(One Moon Ago)

Stoneskipper sat silently in the camp after returning successfully with Twig, his ears alert and waiting for Needle and Flight to return with the prey. He stood up quickly as he heard the crackling of the brambles and twigs at the camp's entrance. He was welcomed by a newcomer, Needle and Flight just behind. "We found this one hiding in a vacant badger den, what should we do with him?" Flight spoke, Stoneskipper scanned the cat and nodded towards Flight, "Our ancestors have answered our prayers." He meowed and led the cat into camp.

(Now)
Stoneskipper sat in the clearing of the camp, listening to the howling of wolves from beyond the edges of his tribe's territory. Thr silver tabby tom's ears flattened as he forced himself to stand. He called, heading briskly to the large tree near the edge of the camp clearing and jumping up to a sturdy branch to sit on, "Let all cats who catch their own prey gather here, beneath the Meeting Branch, for a Tribe meeting!" The Teller of the Skipping Stones waited as the rest of his Tribe approached, curiosity showing on their faces.

Stoneskipper spoke, "Last moon, Twig and I found paw tracks near the Thunderpath by our borders. I want to make sure that they be checked out again. If they be friend, persuade them to join. If they be foe, chase them out of our territory." Twig and Sapling, the Tribe-guards, nodded grimly. To Needle and Flight, the silver tabby meowed, "Leaf-bare is almost at end. Please see if you can bring back as much prey as you can. I will join you myself," he added; Needle and Flight nodded as well. Stoneskipper meowed solemnly, "May the guidance of our Tribe ancestors be with us always." He leapt down from the Meeting Branch, and the meeting came to an end.

[ Stoneskipper, Needle, and Flight hunt. ]
[ Twig and Sapling patrol the borders (near the Thunderpath) to see if there are more paw tracks. ]
[ Stoneskipper looks for herbs after he comes back from his hunt. ]

Healer:
          Teller of the Skipping Stones (Stoneskipper) | 31 moons | Tom | X

Tribe-Healer To-Be:
          Name | Age | Gender | [url=link]X[/url]

Prey-Hunters:
          Needle of Pine (Needle) | 25 moons | tom | X
          Flight of Startled Quail (Flight) | 26 moons | she-cat | X

Tribe-Guards:
          Crackle of Twigs at Night (Twig) | 35 moons | tom | X
          Sapling That Bends Beneath Snow (Sapling) | 25 moons | she-cat | X

Healer to-be:

To-Be's:

Kit-Mothers:

Kits:

Elders:
    Ally Tribes:
    Tribe Name | Username
    Tribe Name | Username

Enemy Tribes:
    Tribe Name | Username
    Tribe Name | Username

Borders:
    North | Tribe Name | Username
    East | Tribe Name | Username
    South | Tribe Name | Username
    West | Branch's Last Stand
    Northeast | Tribe Name | Username
    Southeast | Tribe Name | Username
    Southwest | Branch's Last Stand
    Northwest | Branch's Last Stand

Medicine Store:
    Catmint x1 | Best remedy for greencoughs. Also works for whitecough.
    Poppy Seeds x1 | Calms a cat, lessens pain when eaten. Not recommended for pregnant queens.
    Borage Leaves x1 | Helps a queen's milk come; also brings down fevers.
    Juniper Berries x1 | Cures a cat's bellyache.
    Tansy x1 | Cures coughs; good for preventing greencough.
    Marigold x1 | Stops bleeding and infection; also used to ease inflammation of stiff joints.
    Chamomile x1 | Keeps a cat's strength up.

Fresh-Kill Pile:
    Mouse | x1 | 1 serving(s)
    Shrew | x1 | 1 serving(s)
    Squirrel | x0 | 0 serving(s)
    Frog | x0 | 0 serving(s)
    Fish | x0 | 0 serving(s)
    Rabbit | x0 | 0 serving(s)
    Hare | x1 | 3 serving(s)
    Hawk | x0 | 0 serving(s)

Mentors:
    Mentor | To-be | No. of training sessions | Moves | Training Position

Deceased Cats:
    Cat Name | Cause of Death | Residence

Family:
    Name and Name | Kits
    Name and Name | Kits
╔═════════════╗

winter solstice.
Winter | Gale
She/Her | Korea | UTC+9hrs.

Links of Interest
My Offsite Trading Thread
How Much is This Worth in C$?
Character Storage

Other Sites
Flight Rising | Pokefarm Q

FRsona by KKorven
(of Flight Rising)

╚═════════════╝

Hello! I'm winter! Hope you all have a great day or night, wherever you are ♡
winter solstice.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winter solstice. » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:03 pm

Number of Cats: 7 (4M / 3F)
Next Request: January 10, 2018
Serving Size: 3

(One Moon Ago)
Stoneskipper's hunt returned successfully, their patrol catching a shrew and a rabbit, Stoneskipper hoped that Twig and Sapling returned safely while he was out.
-
Twig's nose twitched cautiously, his ears alert, this was the spot where they found the pawprings, but now they were accompanied by larger pawprints, Twig eased forward faster and raised his nose to the air, Sapling stood not far behind, waiting for Twig. "One of the scents are cat, one is a foreign scent.. I'm not sure.." He meowed, gently padding forward. His eyes were more adjusted to the fog by now and he could make out the sight of a cat, and a larger figure. He padded forward slowly, the larger figure, now classified as a wolf by it's details and large stature was harassing the cat, her eyes were wide with fear, covering up two smaller figures with her tail as she swiped at the wolf with her claws, she was bleeding and her kits were afraid. Twig and Sapling glanced at each other momentarily and then leaped at the wolf, attempting to tackle it to the ground but it threw Sapling off with one swipe. Twig hissed, his tail puffing out and his back arching. He leaped for the wolf's face and clawed, hoping to hit home on it's eyes. The wolf yelped with pain, but refused to give up it's pride, it growled and pinned Twig down, it's gleaming yellow eyes staring into Twig. Twig struggled and waited for the bite that would end his life, but Sapling got up, jumping onto the wolf's back and biting it's spine, the wolf backed up, yelping. The mother cat still hid with her kits, but was a little by little bleeding to death. Twig looked back at the wolf, scratching it's stomach while it struggled to get Sapling off of it. The wolf snarled and backed away, shaking Sapling off it's back and backing into the fog, it's eyes gleaming with defeat.
Sapling and Twig were bleeding, not by to much, Sapling more than Twig. But their attention was focused on the mother cat, her wounds deep and threatening. She was crying, her fur wet and sopping and the blood gleaming on her pretty pelt, she wouldn't survive, Sapling and Twig knew, but they wouldn't leave her until she had gone. Twig crouched by her, licking her pelt softly and whispering calming thoughts into her ear, Sapling helping the two kits and shooing them away from their mother, trying to keep them from having to watch her death. Twig felt helpless, he couldn't do anything to help the mother she-cat, and the camp was to far away from the patrol to get herbs without her being lost while the herbs were on the way. All he could do was sit and watch her die, calming her. Twig looked into her eyes, he could see death, he could see her end, the mother cat looked up slowly, and whispered a few words almost to quiet to hear, "My k-kits... Ebony, Meadow-" She shuddered once, heaving a heavy sigh and letting out her last breath. Twig looked away, and bit back tears. He nodded to Sapling, who looked up from the kits and corralled them closer to her, walking along with Twig as he padded forward, he figured the mother cat had been living with her kits near there, and she had encountered a passing wolf who threatened her, and killed her. Sapling and Twig returned to camp, Needle and Flight immediately coming to the entrance, their eyes on the kits. "Where is Stoneskipper?" He asked, his eyes filled with worry. "He's out fetching herbs.." Needle's voice turned soft, "Twig... Sapling, you're bleeding!" She exclaimed, examining their wounds, "D-don't worry.. they're not tha-" Sapling collapsed into a coughing fit, blood flying from her muzzle.

Stoneskipper emerged into camp, carrying marigold and other various herbs he found. He dropped the herbs as he saw Twig, Sapling, and the kits. Sapling had fallen, her shoulders shaking while she was coughing. "Greencough..." He murmured, he was warned of this illness during his encounter with the Tribe of Endless hunting. He shook his head and rushed to his medical storage, dropping the fresh herbs and grabbing catmint, he urged the coughing Sapling into his den and laid her in a nest, then grabbing Twig, who had been bleeding and urged him into a nest, Twig disagreed, but Stoneskipper insisted. "The kits, their mother died of a wolf, we were in a fight with it, her kits, she said, Ebony, and Meadow." Stoneskipper glanced back from his herbs, "Ebony.. Meadow, Ebony where sparrow nests.. Butterflies who dance over meadow.." He meowed to himself, nodding silently.

Stoneskipper commanded, "Everyone, away from Sapling. Greencough is contagious," he warned. Flight herded the still-frightened kits under a large bush nearby where the Tribe had cleared for future kit-mothers, while Twig and Needle stayed on worriedly. The Tribe-Healer hissed, "Needle, away! Twig," the silver tabby's tone softened as he addressed the injured guard, "come to my den and I will treat you, but keep away from Sapling." Sighing, Needle followed after Flight, while Twig followed his leader wordlessly as the Stoneskipper coaxed the sick she-cat to move, worry evident in his eyes for the younger she-cat.

<At the Stoneskipper's den>
Stoneskipper meowed briskly, "Twig, wait for me while I take Sapling to another place, far from the rest of you so she can recuperate and not infect anyone else." Twig asked, "Can't you just cure green-?" The silver tabby tom interrupted, already heading out to help the cough-stricken Tribe-guard outside, "Greencough isn't just curable with herbs. It needs time and care. But everyone else can get sick if they get too close." Before Twig could say anything, the Tribe-Healer was already gone, leaving the brown-and-white tabby tom alone to himself. With a sigh, Twig contented himself to watching the herbal storage, where his leader had stored all the leaves and roots that helped better cats.

(Now)
The Teller of the Skipping Stones yowled, "Let all cats meet here, beneath the Meeting Branch, for a Tribe meeting!" Twig, scars still evident on his body, limped from the direction of the Stoneskipper's den, while Needle and Flight came from the direction of their dens. Even the two newest arrivals, Ebony and Meadow, came bounding out from the nursery, eyes wide with curiosity. Stoneskipper meowed solemnly, "Sapling is still ill. Please do not approach the den across the Pool of Shimmering Ripples at any cost." His tone took a lighter one as he added, "for a moon we have not had the chance to welcome our newest addition, as we were busy caring for our stricken members. Come, Ebony Where Sparrow Nests, Butterflies Who Dance Over Meadow." The two kits bounded over excitedly as the silver tabby mewed, "We fought claw and tooth against the mighty wolf to save these kits. While we did not manage to save their mother, our ancestors have deemed that these kits receive a proper upbringing as Tribe of the Shrouded Mist cats. And therefore," the leader concluded, "Ebony and Meadow, we properly welcome you to our tribe." The cats in the clearing cheered wildly, "Ebony! Meadow!'

When the cheers died down, Stoneskipper meowed, drawing the meeting to a close, "I will ask our ancestors tonight for a queen, hopefully so that she may be able to look after these two before her own kits come. Flight, Needle. I need you to follow me to my den for a special request. Twig," he meowed firmly, as the brown-and-white tabby guard started to move toward the camp entrance, "you need to stay in my den for a while. The mist that surrounds us will shield us from our enemies, I am sure of it." With that, the silcer tabby tom leapt down from his branch and disappeared into the trail that led to the Pool of Shimmering Ripples. Flight glanced at Needle and meowed, "Take Twig with you. I need to make sure those two don't come out of the nursery first." Nodding, Needle led the Tribe-guard forward, mewing, "All right big guy, let's get going." With a slight scowl, Twig allowed himself to be herded toward Stoneskipper's den.

<At Stoneskipper's den>
Stoneskipper helped to ease Twig into a nest as he addressed the two quick-footed prey-hunters, "Come. You must find catmint and tansy for me, as I cannot have any other cat catch greencough by going near Sapling." As Needle opened his mouth to protest, to say the two had no idea what they looked like, the silver tabby moved over to his storage and took out a sweet-smelling leaf. "This," he mewed, "is catmint. It smells sweet, does it not?" Flight nodded, "The Tribe of Endless Hunting had told me of the herb when I was chosen at first for my old tribe." Needle sniffed appreciatively and mewed, "Okay, that's catmint, got it. And feverfew?" Stoneskipper's ears seemed to droop somewhat as he mewed, shaking his head, "All I can give is a description, as I do not have an example to show you." Before he began to continue, Flight interrupted, "I know feverfew as well, Stoneskipper. We will find them," the gray she-cat promised, nudging a somewhat-bewildered Needle out of the Tribe-Healer's den. Stoneskipper watched as the two prey-hunters disappeared out of sight, before turning to Twig; he mewed gently, "Now, if you'll excuse me saying this, Twig, please keep as still as possible while your injuries heal. I know that it's hard," he added, "but guarding our camp can wait." Twig meowed, sighing, "Don't worry about me, Stoneskipper, worry about Sapling. How's she doing?" The Tribe of the Shrouded Mist's leader's mew was grim as he said, "She's young and strong, but her greencough is hard, even for her." Twig growled, his claws sliding out as he scratched at the moss under his body, "She will be better, right?" Stoneskipper nodded firmly, "Aye, I won't have her die, not under my care."

(That night)
Stoneskipper forced his exhausted paws to the edge of the pool he and his tribe held sacred and meowed, dipping his nose into the cold water, "Hear me, O great ancestors of the Tribe of Endless Hunting! Forgive me for not using the correct procedures tonight, but treating one of my Tribemates has been exhausting. I ask you to send us a queen, so that she may be able to look after Ebony and Meadow, orphaned by the cruel wolf we defeated." With those words, the silver tabby fell asleep.

[ The Tribe welcomes Ebony Where Sparrow Nests and Butterflies Who Dance Over Meadow. ]
[ Stoneskipper keeps Sapling in a separate shelter across the Pool of the Shimmering Ripples, away from his other patients. ]
[ Stoneskipper uses Catmint x1 and Borage Leaves x1 in an attempt to bring Sapling's fever down and treat greencough. ]
[ Stoneskipper uses Marigold x1 on Twig. ]
[ Stoneskipper uses Marigold x1 on Sapling. ]
[ Stoneskipper asks his ancestors for a queen. ]
[ Stoneskipper sends the prey-hunters to try to find catmint and feverfew instead of himself. ]
[ The Tribe consumes Hare x1. ]

Healer:
          Teller of the Skipping Stones (Stoneskipper) | 32 moons | Tom | X

Tribe-Healer To-Be:

Prey-Hunters:
          Needle of Pine (Needle) | 26 moons | tom | X
          Flight of Startled Quail (Flight) | 27 moons | she-cat | X

Tribe-Guards:
          Crackle of Twigs at Night (Twig) | 36 moons | tom | X
          Sapling That Bends Beneath Snow (Sapling) | 26 moons | she-cat | X

To-Be's:

Kit-Mothers:

Kits:
          Ebony Where Sparrow Nests (Ebony) | 4 moons | tom | X
          Butterflies Who Dances Over Meadow (Meadow) | 4 moons | she-cat | X

Elders:
    Ally Tribes:
    Tribe Name | Username
    Tribe Name | Username

Enemy Tribes:
    Tribe Name | Username
    Tribe Name | Username

Borders:

Medicine Store:
    Poppy Seeds x1 | Calms a cat, lessens pain when eaten. Not recommended for pregnant queens.
    Borage Leaves x0 | Helps a queen's milk come; also brings down fevers.
    Marigold x0 | Stops bleeding and infection; also used to ease inflammation of stiff joints.

Fresh-Kill Pile:
    Shrew | x2 | 2 serving(s)
    Frog | x0 | 0 serving(s)
    Fish | x0 | 0 serving(s)
    Rabbit | x1 | 2 serving(s)
    Hare | x0 | 0 serving(s)
    Hawk | x0 | 0 serving(s)

Mentors:

Deceased Cats:

Family:
    Name and Name | Kits
    Name and Name | Kits
╔═════════════╗

winter solstice.
Winter | Gale

Links of Interest
Character Storage

Other Sites

FRsona by KKorven
(of Flight Rising)

╚═════════════╝

winter solstice.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winter solstice. » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:30 pm

Number of Cats: 8 (4M / 4F)

(One Moon Ago)
Stoneskipper awoke, his breathing harsh. He stood up and brushed off his pelt, padding towards the den where Sapling was held, she was violently coughing, he quickly gave her the catmint and borage leaves and marigold to stop the bleeding. Sapling nodded her thanks, "I will get better.. will I?" she asked, her eyes drooped and her body limp in the nest. Stoneskipper hesitated, "Yes." He spoke one word before leaving the nest and returning to Twig, giving him the marigold and sighing deeply. "Sapling is getting better, she will live, hopefully.." With a resigned sigh, the Tribe-guard lay down in his nest again. The silver tabby mewed gently, "You may return to your duties tomorrow once we wake, your wounds have healed well." The brown-and-white tabby tom's expression brightened at once as he mewed, "Really? Thanks, Stoneskipper!" With a tired chuckle, the leader of the Tribe of the Shrouded Mist went back to Sapling's den to check on her one last time before he came back to rest.

It was the dead of night when hisses of fear and hostility awakened both Stoneskipper and Twig from their sleep. The Tribe-Healer and Tribe-Guard rushed down to the middle of the camp clearing, where a clearly-frightened she-cat was cowering behind Flight, who was wrapping her tail protectively against the cat's belly, which looked swollen. Needle's fur was bristling with hostility as the tom growled, "Flight, away from her, she is an intruder!" The light gray she-cat shook her head and meowed hotly, "She is with kits! We can't just turn her away!" Needle argued, "We can't just say yes or no without-" but trailed off as Stoneskipper came beside them. The Tribe-Healer's eyes gleamed in the pale moonlight as he meowed firmly, "Needle of Pine, Flight of Startled Quail. Step away from her." Flight opened her jaws to argue, but reluctantly did as told at her leader's fierce gaze.

Stoneskipper meowed, "I am Teller of the Skipping Stones, leader and healer of the Tribe of the Shrouded Mist. Are you the kit-mother we wished for from the Tribe of Endless Hunting?" The pale gray she-cat's blue eyes shone still with fright as she nodded, "I was told by shimmering spirits of cats to find a camp surrounded in mist. I was told I would find shelter and perhaps news of my mate, my friend, and her kits?" Blinking, the cats of the Tribe looked at one another, bewildered. Suddenly, Ebony and Meadow came running out of the nursery, shouting excitedly, "Dew!" The kit-mother turned around, and, upon seeing the two kits, she meowed, eyes wide with surprise, "Ebony? Meadow?" Ebony mewed first, seeing confusion in Stoneskipper's eyes, "This is our mama's friend, Dew!" Meadow mewed, adding as her and her brother's whiskers drooped, "Yes! We got separated when we were tracked by that wolf! He-" Dew interrupted, "...Wolf?" A thin wail escaped her throat as she moaned, "No! Not Whisper!" Stoneskipper quickly took control of the situation as he commanded, "Flight. Help me escort Dew into the nursery. Needle, help Twig guard the entrance while we speak. Ebony, Meadow," he finished, looking over at the kits, who had become silent, "you can come with us."

<In the nursery>
Stoneskipper eased Dew into a nest, made by the combined work of the kits and Flight, and meowed, "The Tribe-guards Twig and Sapling tracked Ebony, Meadow, and their mother to the old Thunderpath nearby. A wolf had mortally wounded the mother, and both guards were injured as they chased the wolf away. Before she died the mother told us her kits' names, and we have been taking care of the ever since." Meadow boasted, "Flight taught me how to catch a butterfly!" She held out a butterfly wing delicately with her paw as she said, "See?" Ebony said proudly, puffing out his chest, "I'm gonna make mama in the sky proud by being a great Tribe-guard, like brave Twig and Sapling!" Dew smilied weakly, "My kits aren't due for some time. My mate, called Dash, was escorting the two long before. He'd gone out to meet Whisper and her kits cross wolf territory." She shivered, "Whisper's mate was killed the same way some moons back too..." The kit-mother promised, "If you allow me to join, I will take care of these kits as if they were my own, until they grow old enough to fend for themselves." Stoneskipper mewed gratefully, dipping his head, "We are honored to have you. We will hold the ceremony tomorrow morning. We should leave you three to sleep in peace." Flight murmured, "Goodnight," before following her leader out of the nursery.

(The next morning)
Stoneskipper opted to crouch on the roots of the tree he used to climb for meetings, seeing as he was exhausted from caring for Sapling, who was admittedly getting better. The silver tabby called, "Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey meet here, under the Meeting Branch, for a Tribe meeting!" Flight and Needle came from their dens, while Twig followed them from behind. Dew came out and sat near the entrance of the nursery, keeping Ebony and Meadow from rushing out. Stoneskipper's gaze swept around the camp before he meowed, "Twig has recovered from his wounds and will be returning to his duties today." Twig's tail flickered in happiness as Flight and Needle cheered. "Sapling is recovering," the Tribe-Healer announced, "but we still can't be completely sure it is until all coughing stop." Needle murmured into Flight's ear, "What a relief! Glad she'll make it." Flight murmured, "Aye. She's young, like many of us. She'll make it." When the Tribe had settled down again, Stoneskipper meowed, "We are also gathered here to welcome a new member into our Tribe- our ancestors have heard our wish and led a kit-mother safely through the mist, to help our tribe thrive and help care for the young cats we already have!" All eyes trained on Dew as the Tribe-Healer mewed, "Dew, step in front of me please." Flight and Needle opted to move closer to the nursery to keep the two curious kits from bursting into the clearing as the kit-mother padded uncertainly in front of Stoneskipper. The silver tabby tom meowed solemnly, "From this day forth, within the Tribe of the Shrouded Mist, you shall be known as Dew That Falls at Dawn. May the Tribe of Endless Hunting grant you many happy seasons while you dwell within our Tribe." Twig respectfully stepped aside from the path to the Pool of Shimmering Ripples as Stoneskipper meowed, "Come, Dew. As per our Tribe's ancient tradition, you must choose your Heartstone." Dew asked, the word uneasy on her tongue, "Heartstone?" "Aye," the silver tabby replied, not turning to look back at the she-cat, "a Heartstone is a pebble that a Tribe cat will keep at his or her nest until death, which is only obtainable when a kit becomes old enough to become a to-be, or when a cat older than 6 moons joins our Tribe. When a cat dies, the Stoneskipper -in this case, myself- will use the fallen cat's Heartstone to skip across the Pool of Shimmering Ripples. If the pebble sinks without so much as to a skip, the cat's spirit is said to have been cast out of the Tribe of Endless Hunting, for he or she had offended them at some point in their life. However, if the Heartstone skips before sinking, we are to interpret it as a sign that the cat who died has been accepted within the ranks of our starry ancestors above." "But how do I know which one to choose?" The question was out of Dew's mouth just as Stoneskipper's explanation ended; the silver tabby tom replied, ears twitching, "Only you and our ancestors know."

<At the Pool of the Shimmering Ripples>
Stoneskipper meowed, pointing to a pile of pebbles nearby, "Dew That Falls at Dawn, please go and choose your Heartstone." The gray kit-mother looked slightly doubtful, but went to the pile. After nosing through some, Dew gave a soft cry of surprise before she took one in her jaws. Dropping the smooth gray pebble, the she-cat exclaimed, "I saw him! He told me to-" Stoneskipper meowed firmly, "What an ancestor has told you as you looked for your Heartstone must be kept secret. Have you found it?" The gray she-cat nodded, putting a paw on the pebble, "Yes, I did." A soft sigh echoed around the two cats as Twig, Flight, and Needle sighed in relief: their ancestors had approved Dew into their Tribe. Stoneskipper meowed, his eyes gazing across the serene pool, "Cats of the Tribe! She has completed the Heartstone Ceremony! She has been blessed by our ancestors, and will be guided in her paws by the ones who have gone before us!" The Tribe of the Shrouded Mist roared, "Dew! Dew! Dew!"

(Now)
Needle came into Stoneskipper's den to ask if he and Flight could go out training, seeing as it was slowly approaching sunhigh already. However, upon seeing the curled up form of his leader, the brown tom turned to leave, hoping he had not disturbed him in any form. As he did so, Stoneskipper leapt up in alarm behind him as he yelled, "Huh- what?" The prey-hunter quickly turned back to Stoneskipper and asked, "Are you all right?" The silver tabby's eyes seemed clouded with exhaustion as he nodded, "Yes, Needle, I am." The Tribe-Healer stifled a yawn as he asked briskly, "Now, how can I help you?" Needle meowed, only half-convinced, "If you say so... I was wondering if we could go hunt again, Flight and I," he corrected hastily, "since we are running low on prey?" After a few moments, Stoneskipper replied, "Of course. Go with the Tribe of Endless Hunting's blessing." After a moment's pause, the leader of the Tribe of Shrouded Mist added, "I asked Dew last night if she wanted to exercise outside." Needle asked, his ears twitching slightly at the mention of the pregnant queen, "What if dangers lurk when we aren't looking?" Stoneskipper mewed, "Twig will escort her." The brown tabby prey-hunter nodded, satisfied, "All right." The Tribe-Healer murmured as Needle padded out, "Leave the kits to me, I've got a story to tell.

<After the cats leave on patrol>
Stoneskipper padded into the nursery to see Meadow and Ebony play-fighting. Ebony was meowing triumphantly, "I'm Ebony Where Sparrow Nests, leader of the Tribe of Ebony!" Meadow retorted playfully, bowling into her brother, "And I'm Butterflies Who Dance Over Meadow, leader of the Tribe of Meadow!" Stifling a tired chuckle, the Teller of the Skipping Stones declared, scowling into a decidedly villainous face, "And I'm a hungry bear that likes eating kittens at sunhigh!" With delighted squeaks, the two kits turned to Stoneskipper and roared, "Let's go after the bear!" The two kits began to clamber onto their leader, all the while trying to let out what they thought were intimidating roars. The silver tabby tom mewed, his tail up in the air in surrender, "I give! I give!" Ebony and Meadow gave whoops of joy and let go of him. Stoneskipper curled hinself neatly into a lying position and invited Ebony and Meadow over; the two kits eagerly joined him as the silver tabby meowed, "Can I tell you a story?" Eyes wide with wonder, Meadow asked, "A story?" Ebony nodded giddily, "Yes!" Smiling, Stoneskipper mewed, "Well, let me tell you of how our Tribe was first formed, and why we have these traditions that we have today." He added, "I was told this by a wise and ancient ancestor of ours before I was chosen to start our Tribe once again." As the two kits eagerly pressed him to continue, the silver tabby began...

"Many, many moons ago... So many moons ago that no cat but the Tribe of Endless Hunting can recall... There was once a Clan of wild cats far from here, known as BirchClan. This Clan lived like us, with no Twolegs to control them. They worshipped their own ancestors, called StarClan. They were a proud bunch though, and one cat in particular in that Clan was prouder than any cat- their leader Wolfstar. Named for the fierce beasts that sometimes roamed the land, the large gray tom loved to challenge any and all trespassers and loved to punish any cat who had no right to be there. A cruel, proud cat, Wolfstar never asked for help when badgers, vicious beasts like wolves, came to attack his Clan. They all perished at the end, save for a cat named Rockfang. He was a brave fighter that was forced to run away when his father, Graytail, made him do so. He traveled away from his former home, asking constantly for help from StarClan. But they never answered him. Moons and moons passed, and eventually Rockfang gave up. He declared there was never such a thing as StarClan, as he never received help from them. He began to retrace his steps, and ended up here, in these mountains. Stopping to rest one night, Rockfang met a pale gray cat that made him change his ways."

"The cat," Stoneskipper meowed, "was called Mist That Shrouds the Mountains. He explained that he was a spirit, long dead to the living world. But he was there to help, along with the spiritual Tribe he was part of, called the Tribe of Endless Hunting. Rockfang asked if they were really there, and Mist answered yes. The tribal ancestors would guide him if he were to leave his Clan days behind him forever and start a Tribe in the mountains. If he did, Mist would become an all-encompassing mist that would protect his Tribe from the wolves that lived there." Ebony asked, eyes wide, "So Rockfang agreed?" Meadow asked, "How does an ancestor become the mist?" With a twinkle in his eyes, Stoneskipper meowed, "Yes, Rockfang did, and our ancestors can do anything if they want to help us. Now, when Rockfang agreed, the Tribe of the Endless Hunting gave him his new name- The Teller of the Skipping Stones, and that he would become a leader to his new Tribe, the Tribe of the Shrouded Mist. Mist That Shrouds the Mountains kept his promise, and even we, the descendants of the first Stoneskipper and his Tribe, can benefit from this now." Pausing shortly to draw breath, Stoneskipper concluded, "And to this day, the Tribe of Endless Hunting protects us by shrouding us in the protective mist of the ancestor who provided a cat with a traumatic past with a new lease on life." He gently lay his tail on Ebony's head, then on Meadow's head, saying, "Now, I have to check on Sapling. Be good kits and stay inside until Dew comes back. All right?" Meadow challenged, "Only if you promise to tell us more stories later!" Stoneskipper replied, "Of course I will!" Yelling with delight, the two kits went deeper into the den where they began taking turns pretending to be the first Stoneskipper and Mist That Shrouds the Mountains. Chuckling softly, Stoneskipper left the nursery, heading back to where Sapling was.

[ The Tribe consumes Rabbit x1, Shrew x1 ]
[ Kitting: Dew will kit in one moon. ]
[ Twig follows the hunting patrol as escort to Dew (he doesn't count as part). ]
[ Stoneskipper gives catmint x1 and feverfew x1 to Sapling. ]
[ Flight and Needle hunt. Dew opts to follow them to look for catmint and feverfew. ]

Healer:
          Teller of the Skipping Stones (Stoneskipper) | 33 moons | Tom | X

Tribe-Healer To-Be:

Prey-Hunters:
          Needle of Pine (Needle) | 27 moons | tom | X
          Flight of Startled Quail (Flight) | 28 moons | she-cat | X

Tribe-Guards:
          Crackle of Twigs at Night (Twig) | 37 moons | tom | X
          Sapling That Bends Beneath Snow (Sapling) | 27 moons | she-cat | X

To-Be's:

Kit-Mothers:
          Dew That Falls at Dawn (Dew) | 35 moons | she-cat | X

Kits:
          Ebony Where Sparrow Nests (Ebony) | 5 moons | tom | X
          Butterflies Who Dances Over Meadow (Meadow) | 5 moons | she-cat | X

Elders:
    Ally Tribes:
    Tribe Name | Username
    Tribe Name | Username

Enemy Tribes:
    Tribe Name | Username
    Tribe Name | Username

Borders:

Medicine Store:
    Catmint x0 | Best remedy for greencoughs. Also works for whitecough.
    Marigold x0 | Stops bleeding and infection; also used to ease inflammation of stiff joints.
    Feverfew x0 | Cures fevers.

Fresh-Kill Pile:
    Shrew | x1 | 1 serving(s)
    Frog | x0 | 0 serving(s)
    Fish | x0 | 0 serving(s)
    Hare | x0 | 0 serving(s)
    Hawk | x0 | 0 serving(s)

Mentors:

Deceased Cats:

Family:
    Name and Name | Kits
    Name and Name | Kits
╔═════════════╗

winter solstice.
Winter | Gale

Links of Interest
Character Storage

Other Sites

FRsona by KKorven
(of Flight Rising)

╚═════════════╝

winter solstice.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winter solstice. » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:47 pm

Number of Cats: 9 (5M / 4F)

(One Moon Ago)
Stoneskipper apologized as Dew came in slowly, in apparent pain, "I shouldn't have let you go out, Dew! I'm so sorry!" The gray kit-mother shook her head and meowed, dropping the feverfew leaves, "No, Stoneskipper, I needed the exercise." Wincing, the she-cat turned to leave; the Tribe-Healer meowed anxiously, "Are you sure you don't need anything?" Shaking her head she mewed, "Save any for cats who really need them, Stoneskipper." With a flicker of her tail, Dew That Falls at Dawn disappeared past the curve leading to the main camp. Sighing, he lay one of the leaves in his store before leaving for Sapling's den with the other in his jaws.

Flight sighed as the shrew got away from her, "Argh, I can't seem to catch anything to day!" Needle encouraged her, "Oh come on, I got a mouse. Let's-" He trailed off as the squeak of a shrew came from nearby. The two cats' claws unsheathed as Needle challenged, "Whoever it is that caught that shrew, you are in the territory of the Tribe of the Shrouded Mist!" The face of a young cream tabby tom startled Flight and Needle as he appeared from behind a tree, a shrew dangling from his jaws. "Tribe?" the young cat questioned; Flight explained, "We live in a group led by a wise healer, the Teller of the Skipping Stones." The young tom thought for a moment, then nudged the shrew forward. "If I can join you, I'll give this to you." Needle commented, "Nice catch, young 'un. Name?" The tom mewed, whiskers twitching, "My mama called me Sun." Flight looked about, "Where is your mama?" The cream tom hesitated, "D...dead. A wolf got her." Flight whispered, slowly coming to stand by the young cat, "Oh, you poor thing..." Needle meowed, "We should take him back to camp, Stoneskipper will be expecting us back as well." Flight questioned, "Twig and Dew?" The brown tom replied, "Already returned to camp." The wiry gray she-cat nodded and turned to Sun, "Follow us please."

(Now)
Stoneskipper watched as the Tribe cats gathered around the Pool of Shimmering Ripples. The silver tabby could even see the black pelt of Sapling's as she lay near the shore of the other side of the sacred pool. While she felt much better, Stoneskipper had deemed that she would need to stay alone for one more moon, just in case. The Tribe-Healer cleared his throat as three young cats came to stand in front of him, and meowed solemnly, "Cats of the Tribe of the Shrouded Mist, we see before you three young cats who have reaxhed the age to join the Tribe as tolbes. Sunlight Passing Through Mist, you will now come stand before me." The young cream tom, while officially having joined the moon before, had declined to take up to-be deuties until he had some friends in the Tribe. The young tom stood in front of his leader nervously as the silver tabby tom began to scrutinize him. After a few minutes, Stoneskipper meowed, "I, Teller of the Skipping Stones, Tribe-Healer of the Tribe of the Shrouded Mist, speak these words before all of the Tribe so that they may hear and approve of my choice. From this day forth, until he has proved his worth to the Tribe, Sunlight Passing Through Mist shall be a to-be, to train as a prey-hunter." As all eyes trained on the newly-appointed to-be, Stoneskipper commanded, "Go forth to the Pool of the Shimmering Ripples. There, pick a pebble that you feel as if you are connected to. It shall be your Heartstone, one that must be kept in your nest until you breathe your last." Some time passed before Sun returned with his Heartatone in his jaws. Setting it down in front of his leader, Sun bowed his head, as instructed to by Stoneskipper. The silver tabby tom swept his gaze over the Tribe as he declared, "Cats of the Tribe! He has completed the Heartstone Ceremony! He has been blessed by our ancestors, and will be guided in his paws by the ones who have gone before us!" Nodding toward Needle, standing next to Twig and Flight, he meowed, "Needle of Pine, you have proven to be a valuable prey-hunter of our tribe. You will be mentor to Sun. Train him well. Teach him well." Sun picked up his Heartstone and came to meet his new mentor, Needle. Mentor met to-be as the two cats touched noses with each other. When the two separated, the Tribe cheered, "Sun! Sun! Sun!"

Turning to Ebony, Stoneskipper meowed, "I, Teller of the Skipping Stones, Tribe-Healer of the Tribe of the Shrouded Mist, speak these words before all of the Tribe so that they may hear and approve of my choice." He looked the black-and-white tom over before declaring, "From this day forth, until he has proved his worth to the Tribe, Ebony Where Sparrow Nests shall be a to-be, to train as a tribe-guard." He then indicated to the Pool of Shimmering Ripples and meowed, "Go forth to the Pool of the Shimmering Ripples. There, pick a pebble that you feel as if you are connected to. It shall be your Heartstone, one that must be kept in your nest until you breathe your last." Ebony did as told, eventually picking out a small black pebble from the pile. Setting it down in front of Stoneskipper, Ebony bowed his head. The Tribe-Healer declared, "Cats of the Tribe! He has completed the Heartstone Ceremony! He has been blessed by our ancestors, and will be guided in his paws by the ones who have gone before us!" He then sought out Twig and meowed, "Crackle of Twigs at Night, you have proven to be a valuable tribe-guard of our tribe. You will be mentor to Ebony. Train him well. Teach him well." As the two cats touched noses with each other, the Tribe cheered, "Ebony! Ebony! Ebony!"

It was finally Meadow's turn in the ceremony as the tabby she-cat came to stand in front of Stoneskipper. The silver tabby tom meowed, "I, Teller of the Skipping Stones, Tribe-Healer of the Tribe of the Shrouded Mist, speak these words before all of the Tribe so that they may hear and approve of my choice." It didn't take long before he meowed, "From this day forth, until she has proved her worth to the Tribe, Butterflies Who Dance Over Meadow shall be a to-be, to train as a prey-hunter." He then indicated to the sacred pool as he meowed, "Go forth to the Pool of the Shimmering Ripples. There, pick a pebble that you feel as if you are connected to. It shall be your Heartstone, one that must be kept in your nest until you breathe your last." Meadow did as told, as she picked up a smooth, round pebble. All eyes rested on the to-be as Stoneskipper declared, "Cats of the Tribe! She has completed the Heartstone Ceremony! She has been blessed by our ancestors, and will be guided in her paws by the ones who have gone before us!" Nodding toward Flight, he went on, "Flight of Startled Quail, you have proven to be a valuable prey-hunter of our tribe. You will be mentor to Meadow. Train her well. Teach her well." The two she-cats met and touched noses as the rest of the Tribe cheered, "Meadow! Meadow! Meadow!"

As the ceremony drew to a close, and the Tribe cats began to disperse from the Pool of the Shimmering Ripples, a shriek of pain split the air from the direction of the nursery. Knowing what that meant, Stoneskipper rushed past the rest of his Tribemates and hurriedly headed inside the nursery, where Dew was beginning to kit. Having heard the shriek, Flight had rushed into the nursery, only to be stopped by Stoneskipper. The Tribe-Healer meowed urgently,, "Flight, you said you knew herbs. Get me chamomile from my stores. She needs strength!" The gray prey-hunter nodded and raced out.

<Outside>
Twig looked back at the nursery worriedly, but meowed instead to his new to-be, "For today's lesson, how about we patrol the borders, for you to get to know the scents?" The black-and-white tom nodded excitedly, "Okay!" The older tom chuckled and led his charge out the camp, toward the old Thubderpath.

Needle nodded to Sun and Meadow, "Flight will join us at the river. We'll start off by teaching you how to fish. The river provides us with fish every newleaf and greenleaf, after all." The two to-bes seemed excited and eager to learn, so the brown tabby tom led the two out toward the river.

[ The Tribe consumes Shrew x2, Mouse x1 ]
[ Kitting: Dew goes into labor. Father ]
[ Sunlight Passing Through Mist (Sun) joins the Tribe of the Shrouded Mist as a to-be! Stoneskipper deems Sun to be a prey-hunter and assigns him to Needle. ]
[ Ebony Where Sparrow Nests (Ebony) and Butterflies Who Dance Over Meadow (Meadow) are old enough to become to-bes! Stoneskipper deems Ebony to be a Tribe-guard and assigns him to Twig. Stoneskipper deems Meadow to be a prey-hunter and assigns her to Flight. ]
[ Stoneskipper gives Feverfew x1 to Sapling. ]
[ Stoneskipper gives Chamomile x1 to Dew to give strength to her during her labor. ]
[ Flight, Meadow, Needle, and Sun hunt at the river. ]
[ Twig and Ebony patrol by the old Thunderpath. ]
[ Stoneskipper stays close to camp, but decides to hunt for catmint and borage leaves himself. ]
[ Training: Twig teaches Ebony border recognition. ]
[ Training: Needle teaches Sun fishing. ]
[ Training: Flight teaches Meadow fishing. ]

Healer:
          Teller of the Skipping Stones (Stoneskipper) | 34 moons | Tom | X

Tribe-Healer To-Be:

Prey-Hunters:
          Needle of Pine (Needle) | 28 moons | tom | X
          Flight of Startled Quail (Flight) | 29 moons | she-cat | X

Tribe-Guards:
          Crackle of Twigs at Night (Twig) | 38 moons | tom | X
          Sapling That Bends Beneath Snow (Sapling) | 28 moons | she-cat | X

To-Be's:
          Ebony Where Sparrow Nests (Ebony) | 6 moons | tom | X
          Butterflies Who Dances Over Meadow (Meadow) | 6 moons | she-cat | X
          Sunlight Passing Through Mist (Sun) | 7 moons | tom | X

Kit-Mothers:
          Dew That Falls at Dawn (Dew) | 36 moons | she-cat | X

Kits:

Elders:
    Ally Tribes:
    Tribe Name | Username
    Tribe Name | Username

Enemy Tribes:
    Tribe Name | Username
    Tribe Name | Username

Borders:

Medicine Store:
    Catmint x0 | Best remedy for greencoughs. Also works for whitecough.
    Chamomile x0 | Keeps a cat's strength up.
    Feverfew x1 | Cures fevers.

Fresh-Kill Pile:
    Shrew | x0 | 0 serving(s)
    Frog | x0 | 0 serving(s)
    Fish | x0 | 0 serving(s)
    Hare | x0 | 0 serving(s)
    Hawk | x0 | 0 serving(s)

Mentors:
    Twig | Ebony | 0 | Moves | Tribe-Guard
    Flight | Meadow | 0 | Moves | Prey-Hunter
    Needle | Sun | 0 | Moves | Prey-Hunter

Deceased Cats:

Family:
    ??? and Whisper | Ebony and Meadow
    ??? and Dew | unborn kit(s)
    Name and Name | Kits
╔═════════════╗

winter solstice.
Winter | Gale

Links of Interest
Character Storage

Other Sites

FRsona by KKorven
(of Flight Rising)

╚═════════════╝

winter solstice.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winter solstice. » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:19 pm

Number of Cats: 13 (7M / 6F)
Serving Size: 4

(No motivation to write this post xP not sure what to make of the prophecy.)

[ The Tribe doesn't eat for a post. ]
[ Flight, Meadow, Needle, and Sun hunt by the Silverleaf Forest, under the Tribe-guards' watchful gaze. ]
[ Twig, Ebony, and Dragonfly patrol the border near Silverleaf Forest, while providing protection for the hunting patrol. ]
[ Stoneskipper goes looking for herbs. Sapling follows him to refamiliarize herself with the territory + stretch her limbs properly. ]
[ Training: Twig teaches Ebony tracking. ]
[ Training: Flight teaches Meadow hunting. ]
[ Training: Needle teaches Sun hunting (Tribe style). ]

Healer:
          Teller of the Skipping Stones (Stoneskipper) | 35 moons | Tom | X

Tribe-Healer To-Be:

Prey-Hunters:
          Needle of Pine (Needle) | 29 moons | tom | X
          Flight of Startled Quail (Flight) | 30 moons | she-cat | X

Tribe-Guards:
          Crackle of Twigs at Night (Twig) | 39 moons | tom | X
          Sapling That Bends Beneath Snow (Sapling) | 29 moons | she-cat | X
          Dragonfly Skittering Across River (Dragonfly) | 25 moons | tom | X

To-Be's:
          Ebony Where Sparrow Nests (Ebony) | 7 moons | tom | X
          Butterflies Who Dances Over Meadow (Meadow) | 7 moons | she-cat | X
          Sunlight Passing Through Mist (Sun) | 8 moons | tom | X

Kit-Mothers:
          Dew That Falls at Dawn (Dew) | 37 moons | she-cat | X

Kits:
          Feather That Drifts Through Air (Feather) | 1 moon | she-cat | X
          Mist That Covers Mountain (Mist) | 1 moon | tom | X
          Quiet Bird That Sings | 1 moon | she-cat | X - deaf

Elders:
    Ally Tribes:
    Tribe Name | Username
    Tribe Name | Username

Enemy Tribes:
    Tribe Name | Username
    Tribe Name | Username

Borders:

Medicine Store:

Fresh-Kill Pile:
    Shrew | x0 | 0 serving(s)
    Frog | x0 | 0 serving(s)
    Fish | x0 | 0 serving(s)
    Hare | x0 | 0 serving(s)
    Hawk | x0 | 0 serving(s)

Mentors:
    Twig | Ebony | 1 | Border Recognition | Tribe-Guard
    Flight | Meadow | 1 | Fishing | Prey-Hunter
    Needle | Sun | 1 | Fishing | Prey-Hunter

Deceased Cats:

Family:
    ??? and Dew | Feather, Mist, and Bird
    Name and Name | Kits
╔═════════════╗

winter solstice.
Winter | Gale

Links of Interest
Character Storage

Other Sites

FRsona by KKorven
(of Flight Rising)

╚═════════════╝

winter solstice.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winter solstice. » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:28 am

Number of Cats: 15 (8M / 7F)
Next Request: anytime

(One moon ago)
Stoneskipper sighed. It would take the Tribe a while to develop and learn a system of communication for Bird, Dew's deaf she-kit. The silver tabby tom abesentmindedly began to sort his herbs one by one, until Sapling's voice came from outside, "Stoneskipper, I think you should come into camp. There are two cats that Twig, Ebony, and Dragonfly brought." The Teller of the Skipping Stone sighed and came out, following the black she-cat back into the main camp, where, sure enough, a brown tabby tom and a light brown bengal she-cat standing near the entrance, looking awkward. Ebony, looking proud, announced, "These are the cats we found near the border, Stoneskipper!" Dragonfly nodded, "They were fleeing from the wolves when they got lost in the mist that shrouds our territory." Stoneskipper turned to the two cats, who looked young, and meowed solemnly, "Welcome to the Tribe of the Shrouded Mist. My name is the Teller of the Skipping Stones, or Stoneskipper for short. I lead this Tribe so that we follow the noble ways of our ancestors, whom we call the Tribe of Endless Hunting. I also am the Tribe's healer, taking care of my Tribe when I am needed." Nodding toward the cats surrounding the newest arrivals, he continued, "We are much like a big family here. The Tribe of Endless Hunting protects us from wolves by shrouding in the very mist that you became lost in." The silver tabby concluded thoughtfully, "Perhaps you were meant to find us. Our ancestors work in mysterious ways, after all." The dark brown tabby tom dipped his head respectfully before meowing, "My name is Howl, and my sister is Shine. We became lost in the mist after running into it when we heard the howling of wolves." The she-cat nodded, "Aye, Stoneskipper. If it isn't too much trouble..." she added hesitantly, "may we join your Tribe? We havd heard of cats living wild in these mountains..." At several Tribe cats' nods, Stoneskipper dipped his head, "Of course. Come, and you shall be properly allowed into the Tribe." The silver tabby tom leapt up onto the Meeting Branch and shouted, "Let all cats gather beneath the Meeting Branch for a Tribe meeting!" The Tribe cats began to gather, including the little ones. Ebony and Meadow seemed protective of the three kits, as the two to-bes sat near the kits and Dew. Sun, always wanting to impress his mentor, sat next to Needle, glancing at the tabby for assurance. Flight and Dragonfly sat together, while Sapling and Twg were near the front of the group. Stoneskipper gazed at his cats before meowing, "Today, our ancestors have led two cats to our Tribe, for Howl and Shine have expressed their desires to join us." The Tribe cats fixed their gazes on the new cats as they murmured to each other excitedly. Once this settled down, the Tribe-Healer spoke again, "Come here, you two." Howl and Shine padded in front of Stoneskipper as he leapt down from the Meeting Branch. The silver tabby tom meowed, "Howl, from this day forth, your full name shall be Howl of Hungry Wolf. You shall be a prey-hunter, to help find prey for our Tribe and be known to all as having the fleetest paws in the land." To Shine, he meowed, "Shine, from this day forth, your full name shall be Shine of Stars at Night. You shall be a Tribe-guard, to guard and protect our cats at all cost and be known to all as having the surest of all paws in the land." The Tribes cheered appreciatively, but they knew that the most important ceremony of all, the Heartstone Ceremony, was still ahead of them. Stoneskipper meowed solemnly, "Come, follow me to the Pool of Shimmering Ripples, for it is time for us to conduct the Heartstone Ceremony." The Tribe cats filed out to the path that led to the sacred pool, as Howl and Shine looked at one another in confusion. Shine asked, "Heartstone Ceremony?" Dragonfly was passing by the two when he overheard. The Tribe-guard meowed, "It's where you get to choose your own Heartstone, according to Stoneskipper. I didn't believe a thing when he told me last moon after I joined, but after that..." The tom trailed off, a slight faraway look in his eyes, "I believe him, and in our ancestors. Trust me." The two cats nodded, still only half-convinced.

<At the Pool of Shimmering Ripples>

Stoneskipper indicated to the pile of pebbles at the edge of the Pool of Shimmering Ripples as he meowed, facing Howl and Shine, "Go forth to the Pool of the Shimmering Ripples. There, pick a pebble that you feel as if you are connected to. It shall be your Heartstone, one that must be kept in your nest until you breathe your last." Howl and Shine glanced at each other before hesitantly making their way to the pebble piles. The two began to nose around the pile, until, at last, they held their Heartstone in their paws. Howl and Shine then hurriedly made their way back to where the Teller of the Skipping Stones and the rest of the Tribe were. Nudging the Heartstones toward the Tribe-Healer, the two newest members stood there, heads bowed, as Stoneskipper declared, "Cats of the Tribe! They have completed the Heartstone Ceremony! They have been blessed by our ancestors, and will be guided in their paws by the ones who have gone before us!" The Tribe of the Shrouded Mist welcomed Howl of Hungry Wolf and Shine of Stars at Night warmly with shouts of joy.

(Now)
Dew nudged Bird awake and indicated toward the entrance of the nursery with her tail as she mewed, even if she knew her daughter could not hear her, "Let's head out, we need to see Stoneskipper." The white she-kit stirred and opened her brilliant blue eyes, watching her mother with curiosity. After a moment, Bird rose to her paws and began to walk out of the nursery, necessitating her mother to hurry out behind her. Once outside, Dew guided her deaf daughter to the path leading to the Pool of Shimmering Ripples.

<At Stoneskipper's den>
Stoneskipper was sorting through his herbs as Dew and Bird came in. The silver tabby tom hurried to greet the kit-mother and her kit. Dew asked, "You said you wanted to see us?" The Tribe-Healer nodded and meowed, "I was hoping to teach Bird, you, and later, the rest of the Tribe, a system of signs to help us communicate with her." Dew's blue eyes lit with relief as she meowed, "This means that Bird can stay with us for as long as she lives!" Stoneskipper nodded, "The Tribe would never reject a cat because of a weakness or inability. But now she can go through regular training as a to-be and later, as a full member of our Tribe." Dew dipped her head and mewed, "Oh thank you, Stoneskipper!"

Stoneskipper curled his tail around Bird reassuringly as he took the little kit back to the main camp. Going to the fresh-kill pile, the silver tabby tom indicated to a fish and made a motion with his paws and jaws, at which Bird took notice of, and she began to listen intently to what the Tribe-Healer was saying.

[ The Tribe consumes Hare x1, Mouse x1. ]
[ Flight, Meadow, Needle, Sun, and Howl hunt by the old Thunderpath. ]
[ Sapling, Dragonfly, and Shine patrol by the river. ]
[ Twig and Ebony stay at camp, guarding. ]
[ Stoneskipper looks for herbs. ]
[ Training: Twig teaches Ebony basic combat. ]
[ Training: Flight teaches Meadow tracking. ]
[ Training: Needle teaches Sun tracking. ]

Healer:
          Teller of the Skipping Stones (Stoneskipper) | 36 moons | Tom | X

Tribe-Healer To-Be:

Prey-Hunters:
          Needle of Pine (Needle) | 30 moons | tom | X
          Flight of Startled Quail (Flight) | 31 moons | she-cat | X
          Howl of Hungry Wolf (Howl) | 20 moons | tom | [url=link]X[/url]

Tribe-Guards:
          Crackle of Twigs at Night (Twig) | 40 moons | tom | X
          Sapling That Bends Beneath Snow (Sapling) | 30 moons | she-cat | X
          Dragonfly Skittering Across River (Dragonfly) | 26 moons | tom | X
          Shine of Stars at Night (Shine) | 20 moons | she-cat | [url=link]X[/url]

To-Be's:
          Ebony Where Sparrow Nests (Ebony) | 8 moons | tom | X
          Butterflies Who Dance Over Meadow (Meadow) | 8 moons | she-cat | X
          Sunlight Passing Through Mist (Sun) | 9 moons | tom | X

Kit-Mothers:
          Dew That Falls at Dawn (Dew) | 38 moons | she-cat | X

Kits:
          Feather That Drifts Through Air (Feather) | 2 moon | she-cat | X
          Mist That Covers Mountain (Mist) | 2 moon | tom | X
          Quiet Bird That Sings (Bird) | 2 moon | she-cat | X - deaf

Elders:
    Ally Tribes:
    Tribe Name | Username
    Tribe Name | Username

Enemy Tribes:
    Tribe Name | Username
    Tribe Name | Username

Borders:

Medicine Store:
    Tansy x2 | Cures coughs; good for preventing greencough.
    Burnet x1 | Keeps a cat's strength up.

Fresh-Kill Pile:
    Mouse | x0 | 1 serving(s)
    Shrew | x0 | 1 serving(s)
    Squirrel | x0 | 2 serving(s)
    Frog | x0 | 1 serving(s)
    Fish | x1 | 2 serving(s)
    Rabbit | x0 | 2 serving(s)
    Hare | x1 | 3 serving(s)
    Hawk | x0 | 3 serving(s)

Mentors:
    Twig | Ebony | 2 | Border Recognition, Tracking | Tribe-Guard
    Flight | Meadow | 2 | Fishing, Hunting | Prey-Hunter
    Needle | Sun | 2 | Fishing, Hunting | Prey-Hunter

Deceased Cats:

Family:
    Name and Name | Kits
╔═════════════╗

winter solstice.
Winter | Gale

Links of Interest
Character Storage

Other Sites

FRsona by KKorven
(of Flight Rising)

╚═════════════╝

winter solstice.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winter solstice. » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:42 pm

Number of Cats: 16 (8M / 8F)

(One moon ago)
Stoneskipper was successful in teaching Bird how to respond to signals, and how to use that for herself. The silver tabby tom nodded engouragingly at the she-kit as Bird pointed to her mother enthusiastically and made gestures with her tail. Dew, Bird's mother, nodded, tears of joy in her blue eyes. Turning to the Tribe-Healer she meowed, "Oh, thank you!" The gray kit-mother then nudged her daughter back toward the nursery. Stoneskipper watched her go as he whispered, "May the Tribe of Endless Hunting be merciful on her." The silver tabby tom then padded back to his den.

(Now)
A few days ago, the Tribe-guards had found a wandering she-cat lurking about near the old Thunderpath. They had accepted her as a member of the Tribe of the Shrouded Mist, and she was declared a prey-hunter, and now carried the Tribe name Call of Soaring Raven, going by the nickname Raven. The gray-and-white she-cat dipped her head to Stoneskipper as the Tribe-Healer came from the direction of his den and the Pool of Shimmering Ripples, and meowed, "Morning, Stoneskipper!" The silver tabby tom mewed, "Morning!" Seeing Needle, Sun, and even the Tribe-guards Sapling, Dragonfly, and Shine at her side, Stoneskipper meowed solemnly, "May our ancestors watch over you today. Go with the blessing of the Tribe of Endless Hunting." Dipping their heads, the hunting and border patrol cats left, leaving Stoneskipper to check the nursery. Inside, the tom checked up on the three kits there, then nodded in greetings to Dew, theb came out. Meeting Twig taking Ebony to the training grounds near the camp, the silver tabby tom meowed, "You two will be guarding camp today?" The tabby-and-white Tribe-guard nodded as his to-be nodded proudly, "He's going to teach me how to defend all of our Tribe!" Chuckling softly, Stoneskipper mewed, "I'm off to hunt for some herbs. Please keep a watchful eye on the nursery for me." Twig nodded, "Count on us, Stoneskipper." Ebony added, a fierce light in his eyes, "I won't let anyone touch even a hair on Dew or her kits." Nodding, the somewhat-surprised Tribe-Healer headed out.

[ The Tribe consumes Fish x1 and Rabbit x1. ]
[ Flight, Meadow, and Howl hunt by the river. ]
[ Needle, Sun, and Raven hunt by the Silverleaf Forest, under the watchful gaze of the Tribe-guards. ]
[ Sapling, Dragonfly, and Shine patrol by the Silverleaf Forest. ]
[ Twig and Ebony stay at camp, guarding. ]
[ Training: Twig teaches Ebony basic defense. ]
[ Training: Flight teaches Meadow swimming. ]
[ Training: Needle teaches Sun climbing. ]

Healer:
          Teller of the Skipping Stones (Stoneskipper) | 37 moons | Tom | X

Tribe-Healer To-Be:

Prey-Hunters:
          Needle of Pine (Needle) | 31 moons | tom | X
          Flight of Startled Quail (Flight) | 32 moons | she-cat | X
          Howl of Hungry Wolf (Howl) | 21 moons | tom | [url=link]X[/url]
          Call of Soaring Raven (Raven) | 25 moons | she-cat | X

Tribe-Guards:
          Crackle of Twigs at Night (Twig) | 41 moons | tom | X
          Sapling That Bends Beneath Snow (Sapling) | 31 moons | she-cat | X
          Dragonfly Skittering Across River (Dragonfly) | 27 moons | tom | X
          Shine of Stars at Night (Shine) | 21 moons | she-cat | [url=link]X[/url]

To-Be's:
          Ebony Where Sparrow Nests (Ebony) | 9 moons | tom | X
          Butterflies Who Dance Over Meadow (Meadow) | 9 moons | she-cat | X
          Sunlight Passing Through Mist (Sun) | 10 moons | tom | X

Kit-Mothers:
          Dew That Falls at Dawn (Dew) | 39 moons | she-cat | X

Kits:
          Feather That Drifts Through Air (Feather) | 3 moos | she-cat | X
          Mist That Covers Mountain (Mist) | 3 moons | tom | X
          Quiet Bird That Sings (Bird) | 3 moons | she-cat | X - deaf

Elders:
    Ally Tribes:
    Tribe Name | Username
    Tribe Name | Username

Enemy Tribes:
    Tribe Name | Username
    Tribe Name | Username

Borders:

Medicine Store:
    Beech Leaves x1 | Used to carry other herbs.
    Cobwebs x1 | Helps stop the flow of blood from a wound.

Fresh-Kill Pile:
    Squirrel | x0 | 2 serving(s)
    Frog | x0 | 1 serving(s)
    Fish | x1 | 2 serving(s)
    Hare | x1 | 3 serving(s)
    Hawk | x0 | 3 serving(s)

Mentors:
    Twig | Ebony | 3 | Border Recognition, Tracking, Basic Combat | Tribe-Guard
    Flight | Meadow | 3 | Fishing, Hunting, Tracking | Prey-Hunter
    Needle | Sun | 3 | Fishing, Hunting, Tracking | Prey-Hunter

Deceased Cats:

Family:
    Name and Name | Kits
╔═════════════╗

winter solstice.
Winter | Gale

Links of Interest
Character Storage

Other Sites

FRsona by KKorven
(of Flight Rising)

╚═════════════╝

winter solstice.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winter solstice. » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:28 pm

Number of Cats: 16 (8M / 8F)

Stoneskipper smiled. Bird had so much progress in the past moon. Now she was almost indistinguishable from the other kits, minus the fact that she did not speak. The white she-kit padded over to Stoneskipper and indicated toward the silver tabby tom. Knowing she wanted to see him, the Tribe-Healer nodded. Bird nosed a pebble forward and made motions with her head, indicating she wanted to learn more about their traditions. Smiling softly, Stoneskipper nodded and touched his tail to her nose, telling her to follow him. The young she-kit happily followed him to his den and the Pool of Shining Ripples.

<At the Pool of Shining Ripples>
Stoneskipper led Bird to the pile of pebbles and meowed, knowing she couldn't hear but hoping she would understand his motions, "This is where the pebbles used in both the Heartstone Ceremony and the Interpreting of the Signs are stored." Urging the kit forward, Stoneskipper pointed to the pile. The white she-cat nosed through the pile and picked out a smooth stone. Nodding, Stoneskipper explained, using his paws as means of communicating with the deaf kit even as he spoke aloud, "During the Heartstone Ceremony, a cat picks out a pebble that they feel connected to." Clearing some dirt from the stone floor, Stoneskipper sat down and explained, gathering leaves around him like a nest, "When you do, you will keep your Heartstone with you in your nest." He dropped the pebble within the small pile of dried leaves in front of him in demonstration. Bird nodded, her blue eyes bright with curiosity. "When a cat dies," Stoneskipper continued, playing dead in front of the kit, "the Stoneskipper, myself currently-" he pointed at himself with a paw after sitting up again, "will throw the fallen cat's Heartstone into the Pool of Shining Ripples." He finished with pointing at the pool and gave a swinging motion with the paw holding the pebble. Stoneskipper continued after a short pause, seeing understanding in Bird's eyes. The silver tabby made a motion with his paw holding the pebble Bird had taken out, as if the pebble was skipping across the surface of the pool, mewing, "If the stone skips, the cat is thought to have been accepted into the ranks of the Tribe of Endless Hunting." He pointed at the sky while nodding. Bird made a soft mewling sound as if in agreement, and fell silent. Stoneskipper shook his head and laid the pebble on the ground, where it rested flatly on the floor, and mewed, pointing at the pebble while shaking his head slowly, "if it doesn't, it means the cat is not welcome among our ancestors' ranks." Bird made the mewling sound again, this time sounding somewhat sad. Laying his tail gently against the white kit's head, Stoneskipper mewed gently, leading her back to the main camp, "We will make a fine Tribe member out of you yet." The deaf kit did not hear the comment, but seemed to sigh in contentment at the lesson she had learned that day.

<Back at camp>
Dew was waiting for Bird as she and the Tribe-Healer came back into camp. The gray queen seemed relieved as she wrapped her tail protectively against her daughter's body. Dew mewed gratefully, "Thank you, Stoneskipper." The silver tabby shook his head, "I promised I'd make her a proper member of our Tribe. I plan on doing that, and it starts with lessons regarding our traditions."

[ The Tribe consumes Fish x1 and Rabbit x1. ]
[ Needle, Sun, and Raven fish at the river. ]
[ Flight, Meadow, and Howl hunt by the Silverleaf Forest, under the watchful gaze of the Tribe-guards. ]
[ Shine, Twig, and Ebony patrol by the Silverleaf Forest. ]
[ Sapling and Dragonfly stay at camp, guarding. ]
[ Training: Twig teaches Ebony advanced combat. ]
[ Training: Flight teaches Meadow climbing. ]
[ Training: Needle teaches Sun swimming. ]

Healer:
          Teller of the Skipping Stones (Stoneskipper) | 38 moons | Tom | X

Tribe-Healer To-Be:

Prey-Hunters:
          Needle of Pine (Needle) | 32 moons | tom | X
          Flight of Startled Quail (Flight) | 33 moons | she-cat | X
          Howl of Hungry Wolf (Howl) | 22 moons | tom | X
          Call of Soaring Raven (Raven) | 26 moons | she-cat | X

Tribe-Guards:
          Crackle of Twigs at Night (Twig) | 42 moons | tom | X
          Sapling That Bends Beneath Snow (Sapling) | 32 moons | she-cat | X
          Dragonfly Skittering Across River (Dragonfly) | 28 moons | tom | X
          Shine of Stars at Night (Shine) | 22 moons | she-cat | [url=link]X[/url]
          Name | Age | Gender | X

To-Be's:
          Ebony Where Sparrow Nests (Ebony) | 10 moons | tom | X
          Butterflies Who Dance Over Meadow (Meadow) | 10 moons | she-cat | X
          Sunlight Passing Through Mist (Sun) | 11 moons | tom | X

Kit-Mothers:
          Dew That Falls at Dawn (Dew) | 40 moons | she-cat | X

Kits:
          Feather That Drifts Through Air (Feather) | 4 moos | she-cat | X
          Mist That Covers Mountain (Mist) | 4 moons | tom | X
          Quiet Bird That Sings (Bird) | 4 moons | she-cat | X - deaf

Elders:
    Ally Tribes:
    Tribe Name | Username
    Tribe Name | Username

Enemy Tribes:
    Tribe Name | Username
    Tribe Name | Username

Borders:

Medicine Store:
    Beech Leaves x1 | Used to carry other herbs.
    Cobwebs x | Helps stop the flow of blood from a wound.
    Chickweed | Cures greencough, but not as well as catmint.

Fresh-Kill Pile:
    Squirrel | x1 | 2 serving(s)
    Frog | x0 | 1 serving(s)
    Fish | x1 | 2 serving(s)
    Hare | x1 | 3 serving(s)
    Hawk | x1 | 3 serving(s)

Mentors:
    Twig | Ebony | 4 | Border Recognition, Tracking, Basic Combat, Basic Defense | Tribe-Guard
    Flight | Meadow | 4 | Fishing, Hunting, Tracking, Swimming | Prey-Hunter
    Needle | Sun | 4 | Fishing, Hunting, Tracking, Climbing | Prey-Hunter

Deceased Cats:

Family:
    Name and Name | Kits

Last bumped by winter solstice. on Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:28 pm.
╔═════════════╗

winter solstice.
Winter | Gale

Links of Interest
Character Storage

Other Sites

FRsona by KKorven
(of Flight Rising)