Christmas CaC raffle entries

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Christmas CaC raffle entries

Postby Chinchy » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:07 pm

I couldn't think of a creative name like other people XD
But this is where I'll post my entries.

#10 - Snow and Flake - Winter's Kin
#11 - Roxx (I'm entering)
Last edited by Chinchy on Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:54 am, edited 5 times in total.
Chinchy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Winter's Kin

Postby Chinchy » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:41 am

A black and white queen propped herself up on her front paws, licking the tiny white bundles of fur, curled up on a blanket in the warmth of a human home, away from the biting cold of a particularly bad winter outside. They squirmed and mewled, pressing up against one another as they suckled. It had been the first snow of Autumn when she had met the kits' father. White as fresh snow his breath was and his pelt seemed like he was himself made of snow, yet his breath was warm, his icy blue eyes like jewels that shone with compassion and kindness...She hadn't seen him since. Not from close up. It was always just a flash of movement in the snow of a pristine white pelt that she saw from inside, yet it always left her questioning if it was real or not as the tom would simply disappear like that. He had never left her mind after all. And she remembered his name, but only through fog, causing her to second-guess herself each time.

Now the two kits tumbled around the garden like unmelting snowballs in the new warmth of Spring. Snow was deaf, but that was an unfortunate result of a blue-eyed white cat. The kitten still had little trouble getting around. His brother helped him, as they had worked out their own sort of sign language to communicate as effectively as possible.
Flake, as the humans called him, with one green, one blue eye, had found a crack in the fence behind a bush, calling his brother over. They just barely slipped out, leaving some stray fur on the twigs and on splinters that laced the crack, but they were free to roam a far larger world out here now. They ran around, splashing in puddles, wrestling, exploring, all the while bouncing around the feet of humans who hardly noticed the kittens.
Very quickly they grew cold and grew tired of their once pristine white fur being stuck in dirty brown clumps.
"Flake? I wanna go home. Do you remember the way?" Snow asked his brother. Flake merely waved it off with his tail, responding by assuring Snow that their mom would find them later or they'll find the way home on their own. Before Snow could respond, his brother turned away, pointing out a large fat rat by a large stinky box. They both hurried over to it while in shotty hunting crouches, pouncing on it nearly in unison. The rat was knocked down on its side by the kittens who bit at it. Unfortunately, Flake was in the range of the rodent's powerful teeth, them meeting in his throat. Flake was now the one struggling and trying to get away as Snow began to panic and shriek. That definitely caught the attention of a human who came over and picked up both kittens upon having freed the one caught in the rat's jaws. Blood was gushing from the wound in Flake's throat and Snow was still panicking, but still, the human hurried somewhere.

It all happened so fast and Snow was terrified, unsure where his brother was or if he was even alive. The deaf twin was stuck at home with his mother now, feeling lost and scared without the other. His mother licked his head as he curled up next to her, intending to join her for a nice afternoon nap. He hoped the nightmares wouldn't come back. Oh how he did.
To his surprise, in his dreams he saw another white cat, just like himself. If it wasn't for the single green eye, he would have thought it to be a reflection. He could feel himself squeal in joy instinctually as he ran to his brother and tackled him. It was odd, but he could now...seem to feel relief and joy like waves from his brother, threatening to sweep him off his paws. Though what did knock him down was an excitable little furball known as Flake who bowled him over, wrestling with his twin. Their pelts were quickly covered in the snow of their dream landscape. They tumbled in leaves and pine needles, rolling around on the grass for what seemed like hours.
Yet when Snow woke up, he was alone again, save for his mom who he was curled up next to still. A realization hit him, but he shoot it away quickly. No way could that have been his brother. White, fluffy tail over his nose, the tom drifted back to sleep.

Flake was overjoyed and could tell his deaf brother was struck with disbelief as he returned home from the strange human place filled with other animals. He didn't care what that place had been, really. Who would? Especially when you have the chance to play and reunite with your twin after so long. The black and white molly noticed her normally quite vocal son seem awfully silent, breaking the two up as she picked up her now mute son, curling around him and grooming him, begging for him to say something, but he merely wiggled and moved in awkward, squirmy ways. Except for Snow. No, he alone was used to this, understanding completely what his brother was saying and trying to convey it to their mother somehow...

It had been a few months and the kits, now nearly full grown still acted largely the same. They had fled into the city and roamed the streets, then the suburbs. Finally, they had found forest. They looked around in amazement, their white pelts melting into the snow as they tread through the land, seemingly not at all bothered by the biting cold all cats would hide from. Instead, they embraced it, practically loved it. Flake sometimes told of a white tom he thought he had heard their mother speak about in the past now, telling his brother that he was sure he was near somewhere as winter approached. They set out to find him. But however many times he tried to tell his brother he was bound to be near, he could feel it, they spent days more without a single glance. One day, they stumbled upon a large ground of cats. They tried to see what was going on, yet as they got closer, all attention turned to them and many coats bristled, hissing coming from many. Snow felt the hostility, the anger and pressed up to his brother, who watched with interest and amusement, curiosity dancing in his eyes as he scanned the place with his eyes and felt so much all at once, saw so much, so many stories, merely flashes that teased him to find out more. As Flake attempted communication, it was clear that confusion danced between the cats who could see clearly, this odd, squirmy movements of a cat that moved fluidly, dancing almost like leaves in the air tossed about by a breeze. Snow's fear turned to amusement as he stood up straight, forcing his fur to lay flat. "He's trying to say he's excited to meet you all."
Chinchy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me