homesick - a kal try-out form

Create a topic here to store adoptable/character competition forms.

Postby Dreamie » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:09 pm

username:: dreamie
    name:: lyra carmentis
    pronouns:: she/her or they/them

[ a few ] likes::
    space & aliens ;; they've always been interested about the rest of space because it's just .. so expansive and there's just so much to it. they've also always been fascinated by aliens; and it's been a dream of theirs to meet one !! so coming to earth and making friends was an absolute dream come true.

drinks ;; lyra just likes earth beverages. they're all just so delicious & refreshing. she rlly likes snapples with the facts on the caps ?? she's learning so much and she loves it. she could and would drink 17 snapples in an hour and collect the caps.

[ a few ] dislikes::
    mushy food ;; it's just sorta gross man, they don't like things with that gooey .. squishy texture. they'd much just prefer solid food or drinks please.

birds ;; birds are terrifying creatures.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

song choice:: youth - glass animals
    why::
    lyra has always had a strong bond with her mother-- they were family. they had a strong connection and deeply cared for one another as family do. father gone, lyra an only child, and ancestors presumably dead; they were the only kalons left in their family, as far as they knew. warfare broke out on lyra's planet and gradually things worsened. there was more violence and the fighting was slowly destroying her home planet. transportation ships were being prepared to take citizens off the planet and bring them elsewhere. anywhere that was.. quieter, more peaceful.

lyra only a kit then.. naive, though knowledgeable enough to know what has basically happening. there was a rush to get into the transport ship-- lasers and guns blasting. the ship would have to leave soon; couldn't have too many people and the shots were getting closer. many people were injured, and of those people were lyra's mother. running towards the ship, carrying and protecting her child; she was shot. she kept running-- and they were able to make it onto the ship. though on the duration of the trip, lyra's mother had passed..

now, they've got to learn how to fly without their mama. they've been pushed out of the nest; alone in the world. life is hard and painful, and they often wish they didn't have to worry about ... everything. they're only a kid .. they're still young. it's just unfair.

they were left at earth with a group of other citizens which were scattered by family around the planet. earth is an interesting place for sure. they love it-- it's filled with so much wonder. a different life, blank slate, a fresh start on a new planet. they're happy on earth, they find good friends, they like the assortment of beverages earth has, and so much more.. but they can't help but feel a part of themself missing.
Last edited by Dreamie on Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Dreamie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dreamie » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:46 pm

" boy, when i left you you were young
i was gone, but not my love
you were clearly meant for more
than a life lost to the war "

b e v e r a g e
[ was gonna make sketches for each ,, verse ?
but i ran out of time lol. that's all on me tho.
& i forgot the band-aid concealing their muzzle scar.]
Dreamie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dreamie » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:18 pm

logs [ incomplete whoops ] ::

"movies""
      today i watched the most interesting 'movie' on my friend's picture cube. it was about a man on a motorized chariot protecting his lands. it was very interesting 'movie' for sure! i.. forgot what the title of the movie was exactly, and i think i'll have to ask my friend again. but, it was something like paul cop?

drink with eggs
      today, my friend gave me this drink with weird gooey eggs in it and it almost ATE them. could you imagine that?? i thought that they had the intent to kill me giving me such a sick drink. the beverage was admirably good until suddenly i realized something else was in my mouth ... something that wasn't beverage. immediately i spit out these black eggs. my friend told me that they were supposed to be apart of the drink. and that they weren't eggs. i asked what they were and they said 'tapioca'. even they aren't sure what these 'tapiocas' are made of. so, i am still suspicious.

homesick
      life on earth has been so spectacular. living on this alien planet is indescribable and the aliens here-- are quite similar, but also extremely different. they are incredibly.. odd. they vary quite a bit. but, anyway.

often at night, i leave the house and look at the sky. wondering if i could see my own planet. and i in fact am able to find it. but, sometimes i wonder if i ever would lose sight of it. and that scares me. though the planet isn't as beautiful as it once was, i like to think back about it. and wonder, how would things be different if the war hadn't happened. there's a void in me.. a longing for something.. someplace.. or maybe someone?

homesick perhaps. although, my home planet is a ruinous place now. maybe, homesick for what it once was.. i also feel homesick for my mama. is that possible? to be homesick for a person? i'm actually not quite sure.. it's a very difficult thing to explain.
Last edited by Dreamie on Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dreamie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dreamie » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:20 pm

fun facts or somethin' ::

- love their mama 'cause their mama loves them a lot too.
    - got a scar on their muzzle from boarding the transport ship & they literally put a band-aid over it.
    - lyra enjoys earth a lot and is still learning earth culture.
    - first bird they had ever seen was a house sparrow. the small creature is capable of destruction, they can feel it.
    - she loves the beverages here honestly. so great, what a blessing.
    - talks abt alien conspiracies w/ an alien [ aka a regular kal ] ,,, ?
    - finds teeth interesting, like baby teeth? false. that cannot be true. it compels them.
    - also like watching movies with their friends !!
    - is also ,,, very homesick ,,,,,, or are they ??? [ hiraeth,, or is it ? ]
Dreamie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dreamie » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:20 pm

thank you so much for this opportunity !! uh, i am so sorry like a majority of my extras were ,, incomplete.
i had a pretty big goal here. and did i reach it? no, but i'm still proud with what i was able to get done!
i have so many ideas for lyra !! i tried to get whatever was currently in my mind down into this form. yeah.
thank you again for just the opportunity & reading my mess of a form !! <:

link back to main thread.
Dreamie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me