The Defiant Quill Competition thread

Find a competition to enter your artwork in, or create an art competition for others!
Forum rules
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

What sort of competitions would you like to see?

Image prompts
28%
Starting sentences
29%
Themed (holidays ect...)
9%
Poetry
7%
Song based
15%
Write what you like
11%
Other (pm me)
1%

Total votes : 82

Re: The Defiant Quill Competition thread

Postby saddlebredpride » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:51 am

Secondary Story - Welcome Home

You cannot explain what it’s like, walking through these woods. There’s something in the air that calms you. Maybe it’s the sound of a waterfall crashing in the distance, or the way that the leaves crunch under your feet. Maybe it’s the fact that you know, waiting not too far in the distance, is a place that you can finally call home.
There are others here, in the forest. You cannot see them but you can feel their presence. The path twists, marked by a single worn sign. Red flowers bloom alongside the worn walkway. A bird sings in the distance, the tune welcoming.
Through the low hanging boughs, you can see the cottage.
You smile and breathe in deep.
Finally, you’re here.
Finally, the quills will welcome you.
saddlebredpride

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .bluejay. » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:08 am

Secondary Contest Entry

Boots treading softly over the dark soil beneath your feet, you draw nearer to your destination, lured on by the sound of a rushing creek. The birds sing a lofty, lilting tune, threading through the sweeping branches of the willows you pass through. Breaking free of the tree line, you finally see the worn but cozy cottage, English ivy patiently climbing up it's stone walls. Hemlock and laurel grow to surround the little home, a stray blackberry thicket cropping up by the door. You take a step into the cottage, letting the door swing behind you with a soft creak. The air smells of dusty pages mingling with the fresh forest air. Taking a seat at the antique writing desk waiting for you by the ash-stained fireplace, you draw the owl feather quill into your hands, pouring out a pot of ink. And, at last, it is time to write.
wip!
.bluejay.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

merp

Postby rogan » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:34 pm

a sick day for an overly emotional person

// word count ;; 877

jeffthe sleek black car drove right past the cafe, as if on a specific queue. adeline narrowed her eyes at the vehicle, expecting someone to jump out and yell, but nothing came. it was almost a surprise that no one had come searching for her after she had left merely three hours ago. as much as a surprise as it was, it was rather nice being able to get out of the house once in a while.

jeffblack hair fell over her shoulder as she looked over the large street, cars after cars passing by. it was probably the busiest time of the day, if she had to guess. the sad thing was, none of them stopped for a squirrel. the squirrel sat on one side of the road, staring right at the other side, as if wanting to cross the road.

jeffadeline picked up the cup of hot coffee and walked out of the cafe and headed towards the street, where she stopped and looked over the vehicles, waiting for one of them to come to a stop and allow her to walk across and help out the little squirrel. but as soon as a car had stopped, the squirrel took that as the opportunity to run across the road itself. the small girl smiled at the sight if the squirrel making it safely across the street, and she turned around once more, walking towards the large cross walk that was not far from where she was standing.

jeffthe small girl pressed the button on the lamp post and stared at the other side of the road. a car stopped, and she began to walk across the road. in the middle of the road, she came to a stop, and she sneezed, stumbling backwards. shaking her head, she looked at the driver and waved her hand once, and saw the small dent in the hood of the car.

jeff"oh my god! is the car okay? the car is okay, right? wait, obviously it is. it's okay? sir!" adeline walked towards the drivers door and knocked on the window gently, watching it move down, revealing the face of her best friend. "you're car is alright, yeah? there's a dent in the hood, and, oh! the poor car. please let it be alright?" she continued, not even paying attention to the person that was driving, "it's running properly, right? the car is okay, and not in any danger?"

jeffthe driver chuckled, "adeline, get in the car. you're parents are worried about you."

jeffthe black haired girl jumped back in surprise, "what! you know my name. you know i'll scream, right? you could get arrested! why do you know my name? are you stalking me?" she gasped, "oh my god! you're stalking me! no, get away, talking is no bueno! get aaawaaay!"

jeff"are you drunk?" the male asked, "jesus, ade, get in the car."

jeffthe girl let out a loud squeak, "who are you and what do you want from me!? i don't understaaaaand!" she cried out, looking at the driver with fearful eyes.

jeffshaking his head, the driver lifted up the sunglasses covering his eyes, and looked at her. "adeline, it's me. i'm not a stalker. it's okay."

jeffadeline looked at the male, observing him before she relaxed. "oh, hi max," the girl moved towards the other side of the car, pulled the door open, and climbed in. she quickly fastened the seat belt, and looked back at max.

jeff"thank you," the red head said with a soft smile before he pressed the gas and the car rolled forward.

jeffade drew in a breath, but when she released it, it came out as a sneeze, and the lid of her coffee came off, and a small amount of the coffee dropped onto her pants.

jeffthe girl looked down at her pants, and her eyes began to water. "no! i can't believe this! i just ruined my favorite pair of pants! noooo! max, help me! there's a small drop of water, on my pants. h. e. l. p!" she cried, tears streaming down her cheeks. "i just ruined my pants! max, this is the worst thing ever! help!"

jeffmax turned into a driveway, her driveway, and pressed the brakes, and busted into laughter.

jeff"adeline, it's fine! all you did was get coffee on your pants, all you did was sneeze. we can wash your pants and they'll be fine."

jeff"no!" she shouted, leaning her head back and released another sad cry, "i ruined my pants! they're ruined! there's no turning baaaaaaaaaack!"

jeffmax laughed, patting the steering wheel gently as he looked at her. "adeline, it's alright. lets get you inside and you can change your pants. your pants can be washed, it'll be all right. all we have to do is wash your pants and they'll be back to normal." the male looked over at her, "i promise."

jeffadeline looked at max with a tear stained face, "you promise?"

jeffhe nodded his head.

jeffthe girl nodded her head softly, wiping away the tears that were streaming down her cheeks. "lets go." she grabbed the lid to her coffee, and placed it back on the cup. she pushed the car door open, and stepped out, as if nothing had happened.

jeff"i absolutely hate being sick."
rogan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby graec » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:18 am

Secondary Story.

You walk further onward, your feet dragging at every step. You've been walking for 2 and a half hours now, trying to find it. Jack is still eager with excitement. He is now about 30 meters ahead of you. You are just beginning to lose all hope of finding this place when something catches your eye. A waterfall, on a hill. It's not a very high hill, so you decide to take a quick look. Just a quick one, there's probably nothing there anyway.

You're climbing up the hill when you see a shadow. A figure perhaps. You call Jack to heel. You take a few steps forward and notice a slight buzzing sound. Was it buzzing? Or was it humming? You have always been curious about everything. Always questioning everything you see or hear, so it wasn't surprising when you walked closer. Now, you're staring straight at, a cottage.
░░hey, i'm grace sky░░
░░i like art and music sky░░
░░my pm's are always open if you need somebody to talk to sky░░
░░ have a great day <3sky░░
@
graec

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jasp » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:23 pm

I'll just bump the thread as it's been inactive for over ten days.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
hey im jasp and im a chaotic neutral LMAO
i like a bunch of things such as video games
like loz, danganronpa, ff7 and persona 5
music is cool as well, i play bass sometimes
you should check out my friends profiles too
tallest red, tallest purple, bucky, corgi, demi

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
jasp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyra Ilver » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:23 pm

9 days left on the secondary comp. If you still want to enter that be quick!
Pyra Ilver

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SnowyAshes » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:16 pm

Secondary Competition Entry:

You can feel the gentle pat on your shoulder as dry foliage brushes against you. With no given path, you are free to wander wherever you please in this forest, for it exists for you, though that makes the terrain wild and unexpected, and you find yourself yet again having to carefully adjust your balance on the coarse, uneven tussocks beneath your feet as you press on, purpose firm in your heart but adrift in your mind. The secret whispers of the river to the West, and the murmurs of the green leaves above you seem to tell of compelling tales in a forgotten language. The gnarled bark of the many trees who call this forest home is contorted like an inscription of ancient lore and many mysteries are woven in the landscape, just waiting to be unfurled by a drop of ink and bloom, seeping through page after page.
The monotonous crunch of leaves beneath your feet as you traverse this land finally ceases as you realise you are where you are meant to be. The river dips over a ledge in the form of a small waterfall. Beside it, cast in a green mantle of ivy and guarded by the trees who nestle around it, humbly stands the most important building in this tiny world. Each stone like the words of a book, rough and unique, combine in a unified story to form shelter, a base for creativity. This is it. Welcome to the home of the Defiant Quills.
Last edited by SnowyAshes on Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
╔══════════════════════════╗
INFJ-T ~ It/Its ~ Asexual ~ Sapphic
──────── ──────── ────────
Interests: Folklore, Robots, AI.
──────── ──────── ────────
Likes: Transformers, Mushi-Shi, Kuroshitsuji, Ayakashi + Mononoke Tales, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Studio Ghibli, Nurarihyon no Mago and many others.
╚══════════════════════════╝
SnowyAshes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyra Ilver » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:51 am

Point for the secondary are up! We'll done everyone!
Pyra Ilver

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyra Ilver » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:28 pm

A new secondary competition is up!
Pyra Ilver

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jasp » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:34 pm

okay this is too cringy to stay on this thread im sorry
Last edited by jasp on Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:07 pm, edited 5 times in total.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
hey im jasp and im a chaotic neutral LMAO
i like a bunch of things such as video games
like loz, danganronpa, ff7 and persona 5
music is cool as well, i play bass sometimes
you should check out my friends profiles too
tallest red, tallest purple, bucky, corgi, demi

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
jasp

My pets
My items
My wishlist