Py's October Writing Contest (winners announced!)

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: Py's October Writing Contest

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:04 pm

Username: TheSongOfTheStars
Prompt used: Leaves
Submission: Here

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .bluejay. » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:13 am

Username: honey & spice
Prompt used: Spooky
Submission: Charlotte shivered, drawing her cloak tighter over her shoulders. She sent a glance up at the sky, the milky moonlight streaming down through the thinning autumn leaves above. It was getting late, later than Charlotte was comfortable staying out. Though, it wasn't as if she could do anything about it. She was stuck, wandering the woods until she found her way again. An owl screeched in the branches of a lofty maple before leaping from the tree, silent wings carrying it off in search of some mouse or bluejay to sink it's talons into.

A cold prickle running down her neck, Charlotte couldn't help but wonder if she would fall to the same fate as the bird's prey, left bloodied and lifeless by some silent killer. She tried to push the thoughts from her mind, forcing her feet to keep moving, taking one step after another. The crunching of the leaves under her boots set her on edge, the noise sounding too loud in the eerily quiet woods. Something rustled in the dying patch of hemlock behind her, forcing her pace faster. Though she wandered without direction, Charlotte walked with a purpose, trying to escape the oppressive darkness, the spooky sounds, and the foggy haze all around her. The forest seemed to close in around her, somehow so confining and trapping while being unimaginably vast. With each tree she passed, Charlotte only got more turned around, twisting in circling paths, doubling back and looking for landmarks, trying to keep any sense of direction she could manage. Though, she only plunged herself further into the unknown, destined to wander for eternity, hopelessly, desperately lost. With waning hope and rising panic, Charlotte locked herself deep within her fears, slipping through reality's fine gaps into a world of long forgotten mysteries.
wip!
.bluejay.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:54 am

Username: Woogwoo Wren
Submission: Here!
"An eye for an eye
Hello! I'm Wren! I'm in my mid-teens and live
in New Zealand. I enjoy writing, reading, watching videos,
cosplaying, and drawing occasionally! I'm a Christian,
and always up to meeting new friends!

~ P ~ M ~ A ~
| Stories| A03 | Wattpad |
| RWBY | Merlin | Doctor Who | HP |
| 🐦| 🐺 | 🔬 | 🦊 |
|

and the world goes blind."
Woogwoo Wren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby raey » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:43 am

Username: raey
    Prompt used: spooky
    Submission: There you go
    (I do hope that my entry is still at a "reasonable length" - I was a bit uncertain of what would be considered a reasonable length xD)
raey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyjaks » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:35 am

Ranger of the North wrote:
Pyjaks wrote:Just one entry per person (though you can change your entry as many times as you want before the due date)! And yep, poems are allowed :D
Oki doke! :.D So that's one story or one poem, yes?

Yep, one poem or one story! :>

raey wrote:
    Username: raey
    Prompt used: spooky
    Submission: There you go
    (I do hope that my entry is still at a "reasonable length" - I was a bit uncertain of what would be considered a reasonable length xD)

The length looks great, no worries! :)

Also, just a reminder that the deadline is just over a week away!
Pyjaks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Megaguirus » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:25 pm

Alright, check my first post, my story has been finished!

I do hope the length is okay, as usual, I get very carried away with my stories.
Megaguirus gets distracted by a butterfly. So pretty.

"Go ahead reveal yourself,
As you were born to do,
Their fathers killed the prophets,
Hallelujah! They're going to kill us too."
Children 18:3 - Final

Female/Christian/Homeschooled/INFP/FNaF/Godzilla/Writer/Bugs/Cockroaches/Markiplier
"I'm wearing no disguise, a Jesus Freak 'til the day that I die. And I will not compromise, throw every stone but you can't take my life." 7eventh Time Down - Alive in You
Megaguirus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyjaks » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:39 pm

The length is a-ok! :)
Pyjaks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby passione » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:59 pm

username: caejose
    prompt used: leaves
    submission:
      XXX

There was always some sort of distinct sound wherever you went. I found it to be quite intriguing how your teeth tore at seaweed. If we closed our eyes, I would think that the noise was the crinkling of a candy wrapper or the crunch of leaves beneath our booted feet every Autumn because someone like me could never differentiate noises with such similarities. My mind was simply not cut out for such a task... But now, when Autumn rolls along, I find that I overthink every decision and every word I speak.

Ah, yes. Autumn. While the days were gloomy, I tend to reminisce about the late dawns and early sunsets, how aromatic your hair and skin was with the scent of pumpkin spice, and the baskets of dried maple leaves you insisted on keeping in our room because it apparently had spiritual healing properties.

"You may be confusing this with maple wood, dummy."

You chuckled, and I couldn't help but relax and let myself smile. Because in the Spring, you would sing and let the words and notes blossom on your tongue while you had blossoms in your hair and blossoms in your hands. In the winter, the snow got caught in your eyelashes and melted into your marshmallow jacket, but the purity of an untouched blanket along our driveway could never match up to the beauty of your pearly, waxen skin.

I could never forget our long walks at stupid o'clock, flowers growing along each and every surface you touched because, from a certain view, you could have been Idun. A goddess of youth, shrouded in mystery. One who laid their eyes on you would wonder how a living thing could be so quintessential. When I saw you, I only asked myself how I got so lucky. Your aura brought life to the world around you, even as the trees died off slowly, dropping leaves like the clouds cry tears.

Crunch. Crunch. Crunch. I watched your expression as you savoured the satisfaction of stomping on the leaves below you. They had fallen like soldiers, laying along the ground, crushed by the weight of a responsibility; crushed by the weight of those booted feet. The sound was crisp in my ears as I watched your eyes reflect the marmalade sunset.

Was I supposed to remember the flurry of leaves that whirled around my ankles for every passing car? I only stood still as time stopped. The one day you went on a walk without me, I stood on the curb, waiting, waiting, waiting for you to come home.

Yet, you never did.

I don’t even think I remember the last time I spoke to you. I couldn’t even register what was going through my head when I dialed your phone number and the only thing that came out from the other end was a voicemail and a prolonged beep. It was when that first leaf brushed by the tip of my nose that I realized Fall had started. It had started without you next to me, for the first time in three years. The cerulean sky of a late summer evening reminded me that the life within everything had started to fade away. Your touch brought vivacity to your surroundings no longer. Happiness existed no longer. You existed no longer.

Come to think of it, I should have thought of something to say before visiting you, but instead, we sat soundlessly across from each other, with your name etched into the polished headstone, coated in dust. I blamed myself for thinking that the scenery here was beautiful in any way. How could it be that you were still so graceful after death? How could you have brought life to this world even as you were now forever the opposite? A maple tree loomed over you. It had been there for a while but I didn't even notice until today when a falling leaf brushed the tip of my nose.

One by one, they were fallen soldiers once again. But maple leaves had healing properties, right? Maybe they could bring you back. I never forgot about what you said that day— I never forgot your smile, either.
Last edited by passione on Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:53 pm, edited 7 times in total.
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
I WISH I COULD
I WISH I COULD
I WISH I COULD
I WISH I COULD

┌────────────────┐

yo. i'm xia. gone from cs but never
forgotten. find me on fr!

i like jjba, lunch club and bts.
suffering from jschlatt brainrot.

they/them pronouns please

└────────────────┘
LOVE MYSELF
LOVE MYSELF
LOVE MYSELF
LOVE MYSELF
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
passione

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jasp » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:02 pm

Username: Navy Blue
Submission:

The leaves crunching beneath my feet
As the trees swayed
Colours cascaded
From rich shades of crimsons' to deep tones of beech green
Birds sing in perfect pitch
Words of beauty they chime
It must almost be Winter time
Last edited by jasp on Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
hey im jasp and im a chaotic neutral LMAO
i like a bunch of things such as video games
like loz, danganronpa, ff7 and persona 5
music is cool as well, i play bass sometimes
you should check out my friends profiles too
tallest red, tallest purple, bucky, corgi, demi

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
jasp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:14 pm

I edited my entry a little bit, just tied off the ending a little :)
"An eye for an eye
Hello! I'm Wren! I'm in my mid-teens and live
in New Zealand. I enjoy writing, reading, watching videos,
cosplaying, and drawing occasionally! I'm a Christian,
and always up to meeting new friends!

~ P ~ M ~ A ~
| Stories| A03 | Wattpad |
| RWBY | Merlin | Doctor Who | HP |
| 🐦| 🐺 | 🔬 | 🦊 |
|

and the world goes blind."
Woogwoo Wren