winter of sixteen-ten form submission

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

so what do you think of the concept?

holy heck!! its fantastic!!
85%
pretty good!
No votes
cool, but could be improved!
8%
it's fine
No votes
not for me, but i dont mind it!
No votes
not that great tbh
No votes
verry bad
8%

Total votes : 13

winter of sixteen-ten form submission

Postby nyota » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:20 pm

january seven, sixteen ten – galileo galilei first observes the four galilean moons of jupiter: ganymede, callisto, europa and io

this is a thread where anyone interested in being involved in my ongoing project, the winter of sixteen-ten can submit their kalons to be used/featured in the story, or submit their own works within the universe!
please fill out the appropriate forms below. there is no limit to the number of kals you can submit (and yes, your kals can be aliens)

click the divider below to see the main story c:

kalon submission:
    Code: Select all
    [list][size=85][img]insert reference of your kal here[/img]
    kalon name:
    kalon gender:
    kalon age:
    brief personality description:
    planet/place of residence: (options other than planets include the asteroid belt and beyond the solar system)
    suggested role:
    story ideas:
    location and event suggestions:
    anything else?:[/size][/list]

contribution to universe:
    Code: Select all
    [list][size=85]username:
    what you are submitting: (story, artwork ect.)
    work:[/size][/list]
Last edited by nyota on Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
nyota

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: winter of sixteen-ten form submission

Postby Rikugan » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:21 pm

kalon name: ryn hatanaka
    kalon gender: male
    kalon age: 24

ryn is very stoic and quiet, intimidating to a degree due to his silence. though he may seem to be a rather unapproachable and aloof individual, he is in fact very protective and caring of those he comes to know. ryn isn't the best at expressing emotions, and sometimes he can appear to not feel anything at all, this is not the case. ryn has trained very hard to appear to be apathetic, gaining such a control over his emotions that he could in fact lie on a polygraph and be undetectable.

all the same, this male does feel-- he just doesn't trust many enough to show it.

planet/place of residence: earth

suggested role: this is hard for me to determine-- i'm thinking he could be apart of some sort of universal law enforcement, to keep crime from occurring across the planets? i'm not really sure, some guidance on what roles are available if this isn't an option would be splendid!!

story ideas: i imagine that due to the colonization of space and its planets, there would be some organizations looking to explore beyond the solar system, but also a need for some type of law enforcement that is used to prevent disaster should aliens come around, or war break out between planets-- criminals hiding on planets etc.?

location and event suggestions: (i'm not sure what to put here)
    anything else?: nope! if anything needs to be changed i'm fine with being pm'd or whatever works ;v;'

my whole world
Rikugan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nyota » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:02 am

@prospecte accepted! all of that is great c:
nyota

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sicknasty » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:46 pm

kalon name:
    zachary aaron
    kalon gender:
    male
    kalon age:
    23-ish
    he's a needy, kind of over-emotional boy who just wants to be loved, ok? he's very extroverted and friendly towards his co-workers and people he meets, but tends to be overwhelming to those who are less outgoing. he means well!
    planet/place of residence:
    mars or venus
    suggested role:
    terraformer!
    story ideas:
    i don't have any in particular, but i guess there's all kinds of stuff that goes on during the terraforming of a planet
    location and event suggestions:
    rip idk
    anything else?:
    nope, hope this is all ok!
just not here anymore -
check out my da or add me on discord!

box - they/them or she/hers
about - my kalons - da

ImageImageImage
sicknasty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby migraine » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:18 pm

kalon name: Reina
    kalon gender: female
    kalon age: 38
    brief personality description: confident, studious, stern; she loves to learn and finds the universe fascinating and beautiful, but has a hard time interacting with other Kalons. She finds socializing exhausting and often pointless. You'll rarely see her smile, unless you catch her in her lab unawares.
    planet/place of residence: Venus
    suggested role: researcher/scientist of some kind. She is a doctor in my medieval AU, and can be a doctor on Venus, but I know you already have a surgeon character. She'd be interested in genetics! I can see her being someone who went through medical school and later got a higher degree in order to be a research doctor.
    story ideas: Reina was recruited to help research ways to either genetically enhance or create technologies for Kalons so that they could survive for short amounts of time on the surface of uninhabitable planets. This would aid in future explorations and in finding terraform-able places on Venus and Mercury.
    location and event suggestions: A technological conference where the best minds on Venus(in Galilei) present their new research and inventions. Reina presents an augment for Kalons who are bionically enhanced(I'm making all of this up as I go but I'm assuming at this point we have some Kalons who are "all natural" and some who are partially robotic). The augment allows such Kalons to survive in extreme heat, up to 900 degrees Fahrenheit. Something like that?? Just the idea of a technological conference is cool to me!!
    anything else?: this whole thing is so cool!! thanks for putting it together!! I may add another Kalon soon, but I wanted to go ahead and get my ideas down for Reina.
migraine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nyota » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:33 pm

@migrane accepted!! (and those are all such good ideas holy hecko)
nyota

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby migraine » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:30 am

kalon name: Celyn
    kalon gender: male
    kalon age: 22
    brief personality description: quiet, docile, passive, intelligent. Celyn is much the opposite of his sibling(the Kalon below), and helps mediate tense situations when they arise. He is very kind, but has a lot of social anxiety.
    planet/place of residence: His and Branwen's ship, The Vagabond(if this is cool?? like you have all these gorgeous posts set up for the individual planets, so let me know if you'd like me to just stick to one for now!!)
    suggested role: He and his sister are bounty hunters. Well, his sister does most of the physical work; Celyn is the brains of the operation, and uses his knowledge of computers and the government servers to track criminals and figure out how best to trap them.
    story ideas: Celyn and his sister travel from planet to planet, or floating city to floating city, on their ship. They are constantly moving, and compete with other bounty hunters to quickly track down high profile bad guys. Maybe somewhere along the way, they get a bounty for someone who did nothing wrong, and in doing so, unveil some sort of...government conspiracy? I dunno. Doesn't really matter, bounty hunting is a fun idea whether or not there's more to it, I think!!
    location and event suggestions: I'm sure they spend a lot of time at seedy bars over Venus. I really like the concept of an advanced civilization that still has run down, seedy places, with lots of neon lights and grime and high tech stuff. ~aesthetic~
    anything else?: both Celyn and Branwen need to be grown, they ain't supposed to be kits anymore!!

kalon name: Branwen
    kalon gender: female
    kalon age: 23
    brief personality description: brash, loud, extroverted. Branwen is a BIG, STRONG lady, who carries around a slew of weapons with her as she travels with Celyn(although her most trusty weapons are her big ol' fists). She genuinely cares about other Kalons and is normally very sweet, but she'll never say no to a fight. She is known to cause a ruckus now and then, which Celyn often has to diffuse.
    planet/place of residence: The Vagabond
    suggested role: THE BRAWN. Once Celyn finds a criminal, Branwen is the one who takes 'em down.
    story ideas: same as above!!
    location and event suggestions: SPACE WRESTLING? j/k...
    anything else?: I can make two separate posts for these guys if that'll help you with linking and stuff, just lemme know
migraine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nyota » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:44 pm

@migrane again that is all good! and ya they can live on a spaceship, can you just tell me where they were born/the main place they dock?? i will list them under that planet c:
nyota

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me