Applewing's Choice (Warriors FanFic)

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Applewing's Choice (Warriors FanFic)

Postby w i n t e r. » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:53 pm

Hey guys! This is the thread for my Warrior's fanfic "Applewing's Choice". It's kind of like a standalone novel like Yellowfang's Secret and Firestar's Quest. I came up with the idea a few months ago, and decided to post them here. Feel free to critique and add suggestions! I don't plan to publish it, but I might use it for school if we need short stories, so all suggestions are appreciated! I will make a thread on the roleplay forum for character storage, so you can quickly find characters without reading a whole ton of my crappy writing! I'm a terrible writer, just so you know. Still, I'm excited to share this with you guys!! I'll post the first two chapters tonight/tomorrow.
w i n t e r.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Applewing's Choice (Warriors FanFic)

Postby w i n t e r. » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:16 pm

Prolougue

Applewing looked up at the somewhat familiar cat through her pain. As the pain subsided for a moment, she recognized him. Why was he here? She thought he had died many moons ago. “Let go, Applewing.” His tone was soft and gentle. She felt the most violent pain in her chest she had ever felt, and then she let the darkness she was trying to fight overwhelm her.

When she was aware of her surroundings, she realized she was no longer in WindClan territory. She saw the familiar cat, looking younger than he had when he had died, as well as his son. They looked at her with mixtures of sorrow and love. “You shouldn’t have died the way you did, Applewing. You could have lived much longer .” She looked at him in horror. “You mean I’m….” She trailed off. His son, no, their son, nodded sadly.
“Yes, you’re dead. But you’re in StarClan now, where you’re safe.” He rubbed his muzzle lightly against hers. She looked and saw she was fully not in StarClan, for there, in the grass, was a golden heap of fur that looked like… her. Her white underbelly was stained with blood. She started choking up with grief when she saw Eaglepool and Windsong, her remaining siblings, carefully picked her body up and put it under a bush. They then launched themselves into the battle with such ferocity that the enemies soon began to retreat. Her mate rubbed her back with his tail, and after awhile, she stood up and continued on her way to StarClan.

(How do ya'll like it? Please leave constructive criticism, if you want to!)
w i n t e r.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Swirlshine » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:06 am

Wow! :o
Okay, it's obvious that you are a VERY good writer!

*Cat art in siggy made by ShablyGiraffe on RedBubble*
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

*NOT VERY ACTIVE ANYMORE, I just come on here to get monthly and event pets! I’m @swirlofserendipity on IG if you want to keep up with my art (it’s much better now, I promise lol)! <3*

Swirlshine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby w i n t e r. » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:10 am

Swirlshine wrote:Wow! :o
Okay, it's obvious that you are a VERY good writer!

Thank you so much!!!! ❤️❤️

Sorry I haven’t been able to post chapter one. Cheer is really demanding and I also have piano lessons so I’m usually very busy. We have tomorrow off at school, so I will try to put chapter two up tomorrow sometime. Here’s chapter one!!!!

Chapter One

spaceApplekit opened her eyes slowly, listening to her mother breathe. She looked around, and saw two grey and one golden ball of fluff not much bigger than herself. She slowly tried to remember their names. The golden one was Lionkit, she told herself. The grey kits were a bit different in color, and she soon remembered Eaglekit was darker and Windkit was a lighter grey. She slowly stretched, then scooched towards her mother’s belly. Slowly, she fell asleep, warmed by her litter mates.
space“Wake up!” A paw jabbed her side gently, and the voice hissed it again. “Honestly Applekit! Do you want to explore?” Applekit opened her eyes, and saw Windkit and Eaglekit hovering over her. Just as she was opening her mouth to say yes, a strong, handsome warrior pushed his way into the den. He had the same golden fur as Lionkit had, with some black stripes on his back.
space“Who are you?” Applekit asked. She knew he must be well respected, for the other queens nodded their heads to him. The strong warrior let out a deep laugh.
space“I’m Beestar, your father.” Applekit remembered this cat! She launched herself at him. He stumbled over, unaware of the little golden bundle jumping at him, and landed with an “Oomph!” into the side of the wall. He shook his head in disbelief. “Have you started eating mouse already?” He looked her over.
space“She was born with your strength, Beestar.” Her mother spoke with laughter in her voice.
space“Lemonbreeze, are you absolutely sure?” Her father looked at her again. Lemonbreeze nodded her head, and Beestar was quite pleased. “Well, let me give you a formal tour of the camp then!” Applekit bounded up and down in excitement. Lionkit was still asleep, so she would show him later. Applekit, Windkit, and Eaglekit followed their father out into the clearing.
space“This is the fresh-kill pile. Don’t play in it, because then it would get very dusty. Then the warriors wouldn’t be happy.” She looked at it, and then memorized that she should never play in it. As her father took them around, she was introduced to Hareshine, the deputy, Moonleaf, the medicine cat, and Owlpaw, the medicine cat apprentice. He nodded at Applekit, who felt the jitters when he did so. He was really scary looking, she thought. Then, Beestar introduced her to Rainpaw, a brand new apprentice. Applekit realized she didn’t like him either. Too nosy in her business. As she padded away, she saw Moonleaf staring at her curiously, and then another new apprentice named Twilightpaw looking at her with an annoying glare. What got into her fur?

I don’t know why the spaces for a new paragraph aren’t there, but at least you can still read the story!!!

Come back soon to follow Applekit on her journey!!!
Last edited by w i n t e r. on Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
w i n t e r.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Grey_Hoodie » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:44 pm

I'm excited to see where this goes c:

Also, if you're talking about TAB spaces, you'll have to input those manually. You can use this code:
Code: Select all
[color=transparent]space[/color] Your paragraph goes here.
spaceexample example
Grey_Hoodie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby w i n t e r. » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:06 pm

Grey_Hoodie wrote:I'm excited to see where this goes c:

Also, if you're talking about TAB spaces, you'll have to input those manually. You can use this code:
Code: Select all
[color=transparent]space[/color] Your paragraph goes here.
spaceexample example

Thank you Gray_Hoodie! I will remember that!!!
w i n t e r.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby w i n t e r. » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:26 am

Sorry it took forever to get chapter two up! We had homecoming, and I was busy decorating and getting ready. Here is chapter two!!

Chapter Two

xxxxApplekit was wandering back to the nursery, lost in her own thoughts, as suddenly she ran into someone.
xxxx"Sorry!" She squeaked. It was Twilightpaw.
xxxx"'Sorry' doesn't cut it! I'm older than you, so when you become an apprentice you'll have to do the smellier chores. Don't get in my way again, little runt." Twilightpaw sniffed and turned away. Applekit was trembling with fear. She thought Twilightpaw was nice, because she was always around Rainpaw and she looked happy then. Oh well. Applekit shook her fur and tried to compose herself. When she got to the nursery, she collapsed into the nest she shared with her littermates, and fell asleep.
xxxxThe next morning, she woke up sleepily and hungry. She moved to her mother's belly, and she fell into a half sleep. She began to hear two voices talking outside.
xxxx"But Rainpaw!" Who was that?
xxxx"I don't want a relationship with you, I'm sorry. I'm just not attracted." Rainpaw spoke gently.
xxxx"Well then, you asked for it. And if you're ever close to death, I will only stand by and enjoy watching you die." Sounded like Twilightpaw! Applekit shuddered in fear. "I hope she is only kidding." She thought. She then fell asleep, troubled by her new discovery.

So does Twilightpaw like Rainpaw? What's her deal with Applekit? You'll just have to find out!
w i n t e r.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me