• ★ | Epi's Kalon #1200 Entry | ★ •

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

• ★ | Epi's Kalon #1200 Entry | ★ •

Postby Epiale » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:59 am

• ★ •

Username Log User// Epiale

Subject Appearance//

.°. : • ★ • : .°.

Basic Info wrote:Name//
    Left and Right

Gender//
    Male

Theme Species//
    Unknown ALIEN

Home Planet//
    Septa 88

Occupation//
    Janitor

Starship//
    The S.S. Crustacean
Further Info wrote:Abilities//
    Levitation -
    Appears to function through
    the removal of gravitational
    effects. Is somewhat
    controllable, but movement
    appears to be slow.

Further Observations//
    Bodily control appears to
    primarily work on a "first
    come first serve" basis.
    The head that dictates an
    action first will gain control
    of the body part until they
    stop consciously controlling
    it. The exception appears
    to be a slight preference
    in control for each head
    to better operate the
    opposite side of the body.
Trait List wrote:• ★ •

Standard
Custom Tail Shine, Hair Edit

Common
Backmane, Custom Tail

Uncommon

Rare
Extra Eyes, 6 Legs, Horns on Head, Reverse Munchkinism, Colorful Blood (The same brown as his shine)

Legendary
Multiple Heads, Multiple Halos, Levitation

Non-Rarity
Sclera Color

• ★ •

Hero//

Last edited by Epiale on Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:49 am, edited 10 times in total.
Epiale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Epiale » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:03 am

.°. : • ★ The Story of Left and Right, Unexpected Heros of the Kalaxion Galaxy ★ • : .°.

Last edited by Epiale on Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:44 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Epiale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

• ★ | Prologue - Getting Off Septa 88 | ★ •

Postby Epiale » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:07 am

• ★ | Prologue - Getting Off Septa 88 | ★ •

• ★ •

When Right and Left initially trekked their way across thousands of miles on their home planet Septa 88 to join the enlisting for the S.S. Crustacean they hadn't exactly had much of a plan. They weren't trained in combat beyond the fights they'd occasionally gotten in living in a dangerous part of the continent. They weren't trained to be pilots, or work navigation systems, or upkeep the biological components of the interstellar ships. They knew nothing of weapons, or cyborgs, or how to take them down.

But they hadn't had anywhere else to go. The millennium of fighting had left the galaxy a shell of its former self. Most planets were polluted with the remnants of war, and the chemical bombs of the cyborgs. People were sick, more species died with each passing day, the ground and plants rotted beneath peoples feet. Once gorgeous, diverse, beautiful worlds now existed as shriveled husks, life barely hanging on.

Their own planet had been struck by radiation bombings a few years before they were born. They weren't sure of the exact time-line, growing up with no real family they'd never had any way of figuring out exactly how old they were, but they knew they'd come after, and they'd grown up in the aftermath. Septa 88 was a diseased, rotting planet. They only knew the planet had once been different by finding old books and posters, all displaying a beautiful, vibrant world full of smiling faces, fantastic creatures, and life.

There wasn't much of that anymore. What population had survived was primarily sickly, violent, and strange. Most were mutants, with constantly oozing mouths, extra eyes, twisted limbs. Left and Right had gotten lucky, relatively stable especially for someone with two heads, but their limbs were long and gangly, and their extra set of legs were difficult to control, constantly getting tangled in their front paws. They often ended up floating to get around when they could spare the energy to avoid the hassle.

Right and Left had been driven forward by desperation, and hope. Each sighting of a once vibrant plant now pale and dying spurned on their determination, each glimpse of a sick child, of a kalon who wasn't lucky enough to get relatively stable mutations as they had in the wake of the radiation. Sure, it wasn't like they had anywhere better to go, but they really did want to help, and the S.S. Crustacean, a star-ship full of the greatest alien hero's in the galaxy, offered the chance to do just that, landing on their tiny, broken planet long enough to give them time to reach it.

They were going to get to the landing dock, find the person in charge, offer their services and become-

“Janitors?”

Left asked the question genuinely baffled, while Right looked about like he'd expected as much. The older woman sitting behind the desk pushed up her glasses and let out a heavy sigh, voice coming out in a nasally drone.

“Look, uh, Left and Right, it's nice to see some of you technicolor Septa 88 weirdos came out of the nuclear waste bombings with extra body parts instead of extra cancer, but janitorial duty is really about as much good as you could do for us. I'm generous to even offer you that much.”

Left took on an expression of dismay.

“B-but we can fly!”

“Barely. I'd call what you showed me controlled floating at best. Even if you could fly, so can half the crew. The S.S. Crustacean is the greatest ship in the Galactic Fleet, everyone aboard is an amazing hero in their own right, the cream of the crop, the best of the best. I'm sorry, but a two-headed, six-limbed “floater” nobody has ever heard of just isn't making the cut.”

Left went to speak again, but was cut off by Right slapping a paw over his mouth, and answering first.

“We would love to take the janitorial position ma'am. Thank you for the offer.”

The woman behind the desk eyed both of them warily a moment, shaking her head as she pulled out a stack of papers.

“Just fill this out, and we'll get you registered to board the ship. Don't cause any problems and make me regret this.”

• ★ •
Last edited by Epiale on Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:11 am, edited 4 times in total.
Epiale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

• ★ | Ch.1 - A Stranger | ★ •

Postby Epiale » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:53 pm

• ★ | Ch.1 - A Stranger | ★ •

• ★ •

“I hate you so much right now, Right.”

The cleaning rag hit the window with a wet slap, Left taking out his annoyance by wiping the glass down hard enough any normal window would've shattered.

“We wanted on the ship, so I got us on the ship. I know it is not what you had in mind, but it is better than being stuck on Septa.”

Right ignored the pointed frown aimed his way, and kept up his half of the work. They were floating near the top of the window that made up one wall of the canteen, offering a view outside to space, trying to clear away a splatter of something someone had thrown off one of the suspended pathways leading through the upper section of the large room. Of the cleaning duties they could have been assigned wiping windows wasn't bad. They could float to the top to get spots others couldn't, and it was a relatively easy job. He was getting sick of Left's constant complaining though.

“The view is nice. You have to admit looking out on the stars is not a bad way to spend a day.”

“Wiping windows forever is.”

“You are just determined to be upset today aren't you?”

“I got you to contract a word, and that's the happiest I've been all day.”

“I could not think of a better way to phrase that without sounding pompous.”

“Too late, you already always do.”

Right actually looked hurt at that, and Left let out a sigh, voice dropping into an apologetic tone.

“Look, I'm sorry. That was mean, but I'm seriously just so done with this. Honestly I don't think I'd hate it as much if people weren't so stinking rude. We've been here for a US month and a half, we've met everyone on board, and every single freaking one of them has been awful.”

“That other janitor girl was alri-”

“Right. Right, look at me.”

Left turned to Right as dramatically as he could with their heads stuck so close together.

“Captain Strong-Arm called us a freak show. My biggest childhood hero is a jerk. Do you know how soul-crushing that is?”

“I told you anyone who calls themselves a captain while not actually being one was probably kind of a-”

The words were cut off by a loud rush of footsteps coming from one of the suspended pathways just behind them, and they struggled a minute to turn and look before Left gave up and turned to the right with the rest of their body. They just barely caught sight of a team dashing around the corner into the next room over, half of them speaking in languages they didn't understand.

“That looked like Sapphire’s group. That's serious right?”

“She is in charge of ship security. Maybe a fight has broken out?”

They went back to work, Left unusually quiet. They had nearly finished the job when Left next spoke.

“You know, I don't think I've ever seen that guy in the back before.”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean I've got a thing for faces. You never forget a book, or number, or code, right? You're good with that stuff. My thing is people. I never forget a face. We've seen everyone on board this ship at least once by now, and I'd swear on our life I've never seen that guy before.”

“I saw Sapphire, two of her subordinates, and Juggernaut, all people on board the ship.”

Left scrubbed at the window in awkward patterns, used to talking with the paws he had primary control over. Right hated it, as they each mostly controlled the half of the body opposite their own head, and the constant motion jostled him, but he knew Left was getting into a grove as his words sped up.

“Yeah that's what I thought too, right? The Kalon in the back with the white fur, looks a lot like Juggernaut, but it wasn't him. The face was off, and he had a weird limp in his back leg. I'm telling you something doesn't feel right. What if it's a spy?”

Right rolled his eyes, finally throwing his rag in the bucket held by their second set of paws.

“This is the most important ship in the Kalaxion Alien Alliance, I seriously doubt a spy could get on-board. Besides, there are bound to be alliance members visiting at points. If that was not Juggernaut then it was probably another member of the alliance, perhaps a family member of his.”

“You overheard them talking when we were mopping the west conference room, though, didn't you? Now that the ships got that Null Code mass weapon thing we've gone totally off the map. No communication with the outside world at all until the mission succeeds, cloakers always active, no shipments, no coming or going, nothing. There shouldn't BE anyone new.”

“You are being paranoid.”

“You don't believe that.”

Right was quiet a moment before letting out a sigh, nudging Left to work with him floating back down to the ground now that they had finished their work.

“Even if by some impossibly slim chance some enemy did get on board, and say they did somehow miraculously deceive and work their way into the populace unnoticed... So what? They would be taken out the nano-second they slipped up. They could not possibly get past every single security system, and trick the ship's biology into finding their cybernetic parts non-hostile, and take down an entire interstellar ship full to the brim with the most skilled people in all of the galaxy. The S.S. Crustacean has on board a weaponized code the alliance believes will end the war for good. They would not let something as easily predictable as a spy jeopardize that.”

Left's voice came out soft when he responded as they made their way down one of the back hallways, buckets held awkwardly in their second set of paws.

“Right, you know I really really want that to be true, but you haven't just been hanging off our body unconscious this entire time. You aren't dumb, you aren't blind. You've seen how this ship is run same as I have cleaning up after these buffoons. The alliance itself may be incredible, but they assigned people here based on heroics, and fame, and we've seen for ourselves most of them are idiots. They're good in a fight, sure, but they're cocky, and sloppy, and I really really don't think most of them understand fully what they're doing. They aren't taking this seriously. The few who are get ignored. Lady Jasmine's brilliant, but that doesn't mean jack if nobody will listen to a word she says here. It's like they were handed that code, put on this ship, and assumed immediately we'd already won the war.”

Left looked Right's way, for once in his life looking serious, and, Right noticed, scared.

“I know they wouldn't notice a spy, and you do to.”

Right didn't like how serious Left was being. Left was never serious. He was loud, and brash, and a constant stream of over-excitable energy. He felt a cold shiver run down their spine, as they made it to a janitorial closet, gently nudging the door open.

“Look, Left... It... It was just a stranger. Or maybe not even that. We did not get a good look at him, and who knows, maybe the limp you saw was simply the result of a stubbed toe, or a knee accidentally run into a table's edge. It is not worth worrying about.”

His voice sounded shaky to his own ears, and Left clearly wasn't buying any of it. They put their equipment up in silence, and pulled out their assignment chart, starring a long while as neither of them really read the words.

“How about this. We tell someone what we saw, and report we believe there is something that should be looked into. They are unlikely to believe us, but it is the best we can do right now. Is that okay?”

Left frowned, responding in a voice Right knew meant he wasn't really happy with the solution.

“Yeah, okay.”

• ★ •
Last edited by Epiale on Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Epiale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

• ★ | Ch. 2 - Attack | ★ •

Postby Epiale » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:13 am

• ★ | Ch. 2 - Attack | ★ •

• ★ •

They’d reported what they’d seen that evening when handing in their daily time slots. The boss had laughed in their faces, telling them they were paranoid morons.

“Just leave the actual hero work to the big boys. Trust me, we know what we’re doing.”

They’d felt silly that night, returning to their rooms. Left was pointedly quiet for once, embarrassed.

The embarrassment had faded, though, and over the next week they’d kept at things, and slowly forgotten about the whole debacle. It was hard to focus on paranoia when someone had actually gone the lengths of throwing a bucket at their heads, and some crew members suddenly found it horrifically funny to dump all the mop water and ship goo out when their back was turned.

They were in one of the maintenance ducts, cleaning up the ooze the ship's biological components tended to produce, when they heard the first scream and it all came rushing back.

Both their heads shot up in unison, before glancing nervously at each other.

“You, uh, you hear that?”

“Yes, I heard that. I imagine it is probably some group playing around.”

“You know that sounded like a terror scream, Right. We should go look and see what it is.”

“I think that is how people die in horror movies.”

Left rolled his eyes, and tried to force them to turn to head for the hall door. Right held onto control of their left legs, though, and they simply fell over onto their side.

“I swear to God, Right, I would be so mad at you if the ground wasn’t soft.”

“I really think it is a bad idea to investigate screaming.”

“What if someone’s hur-”

His words were cut off now by another scream, quickly followed by yelling, the sounds of scraping metal, and orders barked in several languages, most of which Left and Right did not know.

“I… I think I heard the word cyborg.”

They pushed themselves up, both easily agreeing to race for the emergency alert switch. By the time they pulled it, activating the ships loud, wailing sirens, the sounds of battle outside had raised dramatically in volume and scope. The ship's emergency hatches automatically slammed shut, leaving them stuck in the section of maintenance tunnel they’d been working…

The doors slid back open.

“Why isn’t this thing working?”

“It is working. The sirens have activated. It would seems something overrode the door controls.”

A particularly loud scream echoed out through the wall to their side before two figures locked in battle came crashing through it. Left let out a scream, surprised, as they jumped and started floating by pure reflex. They recognized one of the figures, as well as a third that came chasing after the first two. Julia and Mark of Echo7, two of the more formidable soldiers on their ship, were locked in a battle with a massive, eight legged cyborg, and they looked to be losing.

Left and Right took off running in the opposite direction, forced to enter the main hall when they reached one of the lock-down panels that hadn’t opened back up.

It was chaos outside. Heros, and fellow crew members of all sorts locked into battle with what looked to be a small army of cyborgs, all unique and horrible, with knives for legs, guns embedded in their skulls, extra robotic appendages that fought off the alliance alien forces easily. Oil and organic goop drenched the area, screams rang through the halls.

It was incredible the speed with which things descended into a war-zone, and Left and Right found themselves thinking that if there was a Hell it probably looked something like this.

• ★ •
Epiale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

• ★ | Ch. 3 - Janitors | ★ •

Postby Epiale » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:21 am

• ★ | Ch. 3 - Janitors | ★ •

• ★ •

They considered it a miracle that they’d managed to go unnoticed, quickly slipping back into a vent, trying to reach the front of the ship. Everywhere it was madness, and they realized just how doomed they were when the ship-wide broadcasting system went live and started rattling off code.

“They… They made it to the control deck.”

“Yes.”

“We’re f-”

“Shhh. I am trying to make out what they are saying.”

They sat quietly a moment, before Right spoke up.

“I do not know much of their language, the remnants of computers on Septa only offer so much information, but from what I could understand and infer it seems you were right. There was a spy on-board who was able to gain access to the control deck and drop the Crustacean's shields, letting external forces aboard. They are under orders to attack, presumably every living thing they see.”

Left just pointedly glared, frowning at the wall.

“If everyone had just LISTENED to me we wouldn’t be in this stupid mess.”

“Well… we are. What are we going to do about it?”

Relative silence fell again, as they moved to look out through the slits of a nearby air filter. The fighting was dying down, and they were not winning. As things moved deeper into the ship, the cyborg army left a wake of destruction.

“Why do you think they’re taking prisoners? Wouldn’t it be more efficient to just mow through us?”

“I suppose they have their reasons.”

“… Hey, Right?”

“Yes?”

“We need to do something.”

Right gave him a wary look, moving them further back against a corner, out of sight and hearing distance from the main halls.

“What do you mean by 'something'?”

“I think we need to help. We need to save-”

Right cut in, a shrill, nervous edge to his voice.

“Stop. Just. Just stop. We are not getting into some hair-brained scheme because you want to play hero. We have NO qualifications to help. We CANNOT do anything about it. This is NOT our problem.”

The words were practically barked into Left's ear, the scrape of teeth felt with each syllable.

“WE. ARE. JANITORS.”

Left stayed silent a moment, head hung low as Right huffed next to him. Right near immediately felt bad, he hadn’t meant to be so harsh, but the reality of the situation was sinking in, and he was terrified. When Left finally spoke up his voice came out hardly above a whisper.

“We don't have to be you know.”

Right tried to cut in, but Left was starting to talk fast, words coming out louder and more confident with each passing second.

“We didn't trek halfway across the continent back home to clean up other people's messes. We didn't fight our way onto this ship to be bossed around by jerks. We didn't spend so much time and effort to just roll over and die to the enemy, because the people in charge are too full of themselves to fight properly. This isn't just about us, Right, this is about EVERYONE. This is about the people back home, the people on other worlds like ours. There are families, and friends, and good people who have no idea what nightmare is heading right for them, and we have a chance to stop it right here, right now. I don't care if I have to fight you for control the entire time, I will drag us to the bridge of the ship, I will plug in the null code, and I will take down this army trying to destroy everything if it's the last thing I do.”

Right paused a moment once it was all out, starring at the ground as Left caught their breath.

“You know we are just going to-”

“We're as good as gone anyway as soon as the cyborgs realize we're still here. Might as well go out with a bang.”

Silence hung between them in the cramped, dark air vent. The cold was seeping into their fur badly, but Right was pretty sure it wasn't what was causing either of them to shiver.

He finally looked up with a sigh, and Left was surprised to find a half-smile on his face.

“Well... I guess cleaning up after the mess these guys made letting a bunch of cyborgs on the ship is technically still taking out the trash.”

Left blinked and then let out a genuine laugh, playfully nudging at the side of Right's face.

“I knew you still had a soul in there somewhere! I mean, we’re the same person, you’d kind of have to-”

“Okay stop talking. We need to figure out a way to get to the bridge, and then find a way across.”

• ★ •
Last edited by Epiale on Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Epiale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

• ★ | Ch. 4 - The Bridge | ★ •

Postby Epiale » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:28 am

• ★ | Ch. 4 - The Bridge | ★ •

• ★ •

They hadn’t had too hard a time making it to the bridge. The ships ventilation system ran almost everywhere, and was wide enough they easily made it through.

The problem was getting across it.

As a security measure the ship had been designed so that the control deck was entirely disconnected from the rest of the ship, only a long, thin path connecting it to the rest of the ship. The path itself was built obtusely, meant to be difficult to cross, and the vast open air in the room around it had been layered with protective measures, set to go off automatically at the first sign of trouble.

The bridge was a mess, the fighting here obviously already over. Left and Right tried to ignore the state of things, instead focusing on the challenge ahead. On the bridge itself were two cyborgs, standing guard. Both were imposing in and of themselves, their organic bodies obviously trained for war, but their cybernetic enhancements made them formidable monsters. The cyborgs attack had also triggered the rooms security system. The space around the bridge writhed with Wyrms, hideous creatures cultivated from the depths of C37ALPHA, a planet whose name could work a shudder out of even the bravest soul. They encircled the bridge, held back by some device the cyborgs had set up, waiting for the chance to strike.

“I’m gonna puke.”

“Please refrain.”

“We heard the stories about those things but GOD.”

“I know. I am… honestly kind of blown away myself.”

“This is messed up, those things have been on the ship this whole time.”

“Well now they are free in this room. I do not think they are our primary concern, as the cyborgs technology seems to have created a field around the bridge which deters them. I am much more concerned with how we will get past the guards.”

They sat a moment, silent, thinking, before Left spoke up.

“You were paying attention to that old lady soldier who used to talk about animals a lot back in the radiation zone, right?”

“Yes, I found her rather informative.”

“What was is that she said C37ALPHA animals can’t stand?”

“Baking soda. It reacts negatively with some chemical found in their tissue.”

“I think I’ve got a plan.”

Sound did not travel well in this space, the cyborg guards had noticed early on. The air had a strange, organic frequency to it, and the malformed creatures encircling them let out a constant, hideous wail, burning in their auditory receptors. Their vision had been poor as well, damaged partly in the fight that had gained them control over the bridge on a biological level, and distorted by the Wyrms presence on a computing one.

These factors, along with the momentary surprise when the gravity was very suddenly turned off, were what ultimately lead to their bullets missing the tall, two-headed alien charging them covered in white powder when it made a beeline straight for the generator powering their shield. The amount of power they’d been able to build up in their swing was impressive for a zero-G environment, and when the mop held in the left one’s mouth made contact with the generator it crumbled like tissue paper.

The ensuing chaos lasted long enough anyone onlooking would have declared all three creatures dead, before shakily, slowly, the two headed kalon floated into the door to the control deck. It took a moment to activate the security systems manual override, and flood the room with a gas that forced the Wyrms back into their containment cells.

There may have been a long minute where the kalons two heads simply sobbed at the door before opening it, and pressing forward, but anyone who might have seen would find it hard not to sympathize.

• ★ •
Last edited by Epiale on Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Epiale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

• ★ | Ch. 5 - The Null Code | ★ •

Postby Epiale » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:55 am

• ★ | Ch. 5 - The Null Code | ★ •

• ★ •

Once past the door, they knew they had to act fast. There wasn’t anywhere to hide in the front of the ship, the control deck specifically built to be impossible to sneak into. They’d managed to grab two legs off one of the cyborgs standing guard out front, and strapped them onto themself, splattering their own face and sides with enough oil and whatever else they’d found out on the bridge to hide they were lacking cybernetics as well as they could. Sure, the robot legs were left hanging, but their own freakish leg length was finally coming in handy, and the hang looked intentional, simply the result of the limbs not being long enough to touch the ground.

They slapped on their best stony expressions, squared up, and marched forward like they had every right to be there. They’d watched enough cyborgs in their lives they hoped they had the basic mannerisms down, and, when they walked into the control room, controlled by several cyborgs operating the machines, they seemed to go unnoticed.

The room looked the same as it always had aside from a few discolored smears they decided not to think about too hard. There weren’t as many cyborgs as they’d been expecting, only three, with one at each of the main terminals in the room. A small one, with a computer making up a little over half their head, was stationed at the front, plugged into the S.S. Crustacean’s computer as code swam up the screen.

Left and Right glanced at each other and silently agreed, walking up to yet another terminal in the room, taking station at it the same as the three cyborgs. They could do this. They could pretend well enough to get the code plugged in, and with the commander hooked up it should-

Three pairs of eyes starred their way.

Right moved as fast as he could to slam the cube into the computers port, missing the mark by mere millimeters. The cube bounced a few inches to the side, landing on the consoles keyboard, as the two cyborgs to their side tackled them to the ground.

The cyborg at the head carefully turned, careful not to disconnect herself from the main terminal. The screen continued to flash behind her, uninterrupted as the organic part of her face leered down at them with a crooked grin.

“So, you were the ones to cause the disturbance on The Bridge of this ship. It was a clever idea, releasing the Wyrms. How did you survive?”

Left made a move to answer and right nipped the side of his face, turning to the cyborg with a defiant glare.

“We do not have to tell you anything.”

The cyborg maintained her expression, appearing frozen, as if it’s face were stuck that way in an eerie freeze-frame.

“Very well. I see you do not wish to cooperate-”

Left raised his head, voice coming out a bit shrill in his urgency.

“No wait! We do wanna cooperate. Right’s got paw in mouth real bad, he’s practically bred to be defiant,” he rolled his eyes, laughing in his best show of making a joke of it,”In fact that’s part of why we want to join you! We know cybernetics can help steer thought, we figured you might be able to help us get Right’s head under control if we offered our services in joining you.”

Right shot Left a look like he was mad, before it sunk in what he was playing at. He’d seen other passengers arrested instead of outright killed. He was biding time.

The cyborg looked between them, slowly, before speaking again.

“Yes, we can… adjust. Thought… Did you say his name was… Right?”

“Yeah, he’s Right, and I’m Left.”

The cyborg seemed to pause a moment, thinking that over.

“Your names are… Left and Right? You do know what that mea-”

Left rolled his eyes.

“Yeah, yeah, we know. We never really got named, people just started calling us that, at least we’re named after the side we’re on from our perspective, but that’s seriously not important, and I don’t like talking about it.”

“… You are correct. It does not matter. You shall receive new names. What powers do you posses?”

Left put on his best charismatic smile, and went into a spiel, as Right looked around as subtly as he could, trying to find a solution, a way out of this. His eyes eventually fell on a godsend, and he let out an exaggerated, fake groan.

“Ugh, this floor is hard, and I feel like my shoulder is going to pop out of its socket, can we be let up?”

The leader nodded and the cyborgs to each side of them let up, still maintaining grip of their front limbs. That wouldn’t matter, it was enough. He glanced Left’s way, making sure they made eye-contact, before slamming his secondary legs paw into a button barely within reach, and they worked together to twist out of the cyborg’s grasp.

The room filled with oxygen heavy steam released in a sudden, overwhelming hiss, the gravity shutting off entirely. They’d managed to launch the two guarding cyborgs to the far ends of the room in their move, the leader looking baffled before them, as Right hastily started trying to shove the cube containing the Null code into the computer properly, getting it to lock with a subtle ‘click’ just as the leader barreled into their side.

They were able to stop themselves from moving any further easily enough, their own levitation abilities infinitely magnified in efficiency in zero-G. The leader, though limited in her movement range by the wires connecting her to the main terminal, had small air vents in her legs that allowed her to control her movement in the room, though not as quickly. They relied on that speed as Left ripped off one of the stolen legs and slammed it into her head as hard as he could, knocking her back and apparently disorienting her.

Right acted fast, moving them back to the terminal now asking for a code to finish the code upload. He struggled to remember every bit of code he’d scoured through back on Septa 88’s junkyard computers, as he went to work figuring the computer out.

“Right, you’re gonna need to hurry, she’s coming back.”

1’s and 0’s, 0’s and 1’s, Right worked frantically to type at the terminal, praying to whatever might be listening that his memory was serving him well. He barely caught the enter key with the halo around his wrist as the leader barreled into their side, raising an arm, now morphed into a sword. Her face was as expressionless as could be possible, as unmoving as stone, as she looked down at them, preparing her final blow, swung down, scraping the side of Right’s neck-

There was a trill of acceptance from the computer terminal. The Null Code scrolled across the main terminal’s screen, flooding her circuits. Left and Right backed slowly towards the door, watching with bated breath as she froze in place, processing the new code.

There was a moment of absolute silence, their heartbeat racing in their ears, when the screen returned to normal. The leader looked their way, before the exact same smile as earlier plastered itself on her face.

It didn’t work. The Null Code had failed.

Left and Right didn’t have to speak a word to each other as they slammed their paw into the doors scanner, forcing it open in a quick hiss. They ran from the room as fast as their legs would carry them, knowing the cyborgs would be hot on their tail as soon as they made it past the anti-gravity of the control deck. They raced into a maintenance hall, the sounds of metal and flesh pounding the hall floors behind them, gaining with every step, their own breath so loud and fast they could barely make out the sound as they rounded a corner laid out with cleaning carts, the sounds almost inaudible to them when they caught up-

There was a crash, loud, and the sounds of thick liquid splattering into the ground. Thick brown oozed out over the necks, and most of the side of the two-headed alien, thickest where their fur parted in broken chunks, their eyes watching nothing, frozen starring forward, wide with fear. The cyborgs watched a moment, not sensing any breath, before turning to return to the control deck.

Left and Right continued holding their breath as long as they could, straining to keep their eyes frozen as well. They prayed the cyborgs were far enough away when they finally sucked in a breath, blinking rapidly as their eyes stung. They quickly moved to crawl into one of the nearby vents, wiping off the thick dirty goo water as they did so. They’d gotten extraordinarily lucky. As much as they’d been mocked for it, their blood looked exactly like the brown waters that came from cleaning the ships vascular chutes, and they’d managed to time things just so that the cyborgs blow had smeared it along as it ripped at the outer layers of their fur. Their play at being dead had been enough to convince their attackers, and they’d managed to escape alive.

They crawled to a corner of the vent, trying to catch their breath, and process what had just happened.

They’d done it. They’d gotten the Null Code to the control deck. They’d loaded it into the computer. They’d gotten it into the cyborg leading the ship.

The Null Code didn’t work.

• ★ •
Epiale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

• ★ | Ch. 6 - Forming a Plan | ★ •

Postby Epiale » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:58 am

• ★ | Ch. 6 - Forming a Plan | ★ •

• ★ •

The two stayed curled in the corner of the vent, starring blankly at the wall.

It hadn't worked. The Null Code, the savior of all alien life in their galaxy, didn't work.

Left starred in shock, trying to fight off the urge to scream. Panic and cold fear surged through him as the depth of just what that meant hit him. The war would be ending soon, yes, but they would not be the victors. His claws dug into the vents thin lining as he broke out in shivers, finally prompting right to speak.

“Stop panicking. It is making it hard to think.”

Left's voice came out a whimper as he shoved his face against the wall.

“Stop panicking? Stop. PANICKING? Right, I don't know if you've noticed or not, but we're com-PLETELY F-”

A paw was slapped over his mouth, Right speaking in a harsh whisper.

“I have an idea, and if you do not stop making so much noise we will be discovered before we can execute it. Shut up and let me talk.

“The code did not work, yes? From what I could tell the problem lies in the type of coding. The Null code was written in a different language than the system the cyborgs are using at the present. If I had to guess, we were researching outdated technology, and made a virus for the incorrect system.”

Left pushed the paw away from his face, rolling his eyes.

“No, really? I hadn't noticed.”

Right shot him an unimpressed look, and rolled his eyes.

“Whatever. The code failed, yes, and I do not think I could make a replacement, even with the limited programing knowledge I gathered in the dumping yards, but I did get a look at their present coding system when we were up there, and saw how their robotics were trying to funnel information. Combine that with the bits of conversation we overheard, and our existing knowledge that the cyborgs answer to some higher power called The Eye, I think they are all connected to one base source, like a hive-mind.”

Left laid his head down dejectedly, letting out a sigh.

“So? What good does that do us? It’s not like we’ve got a code to funnel into a mysterious central computer even if we did find it somehow.”

Right spoke matter-of-factly, shoving them into a sitting position and pulling the robotic limb they’d grabbed forward to paw at.

“Oh, that is easy. We commandeer one of the ships they used to get aboard the S.S. Crustacean, use it to fly to their mothership, find this mysterious ‘Eye’ they speak of, and destroy it with good, old fashioned, brute force.”

Left turned to look at him, face blank as he starred for a long moment.

“Who are you and what did you do with Right?”

“I am allowed to come up with stupid ideas too, you know.”

“This is literally the dumbest idea ever.”

“Do you have a better one?”

Left thought a moment before letting out a dry laugh.

“Well, at least if we’re gonna die we’re gonna die trying to save the universe. How are we gonna do this?”

• ★ •
Epiale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

• ★ | Ch. 7 - Escape | ★ •

Postby Epiale » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:02 am

• ★ | Ch. 7 - Escape | ★ •

• ★ •

The crawl through the ventilation shaft was a long, and miserable one. They could hear the scattered fighting still taking place on the ship, and continued to pray the cyborgs wouldn’t think to double check the “blood pool” they’d left behind.

Carrying the cyborg leg they’d managed to grab without making an obscene amount of noise had proven to be an incredibly awkward and obnoxious chore, making all the other scattered janitorial supplies they’d decided to bring along “just in case” seem light and easy to manage in comparison, and the frustration coupled with the dread and misery hearing so many of their comrades outside called for frequent breaks to regain their composure. They’d nearly gotten to the docking station when Left let his half of the body collapse completely.

Right was proud of himself for not letting out a surprised yelp when he found his head hurtling towards the ground, and managed to catch them in a float, hovering just above the ground. He nearly snapped at Left when he saw the tears streaming down his face in strange brown streaks. His voice came out hitched and shaking.

“This is messed up, Right. We can’t just leave everyone here.”

“We have to go if we want any chance at saving them.”

“Right, you can hear them too. They’re out there fighting those monsters, and-”

Left had to take a moment to steady his voice, taking a deep breath before continuing.

“Nobody deserves that. These guys were all jerks, yeah, but they… they don’t deserve THAT.”

Right could hear the gut churning sounds just beyond the vent wall just as well as Left could, and had to fight down his own emotions, forcing out a much less calm reassurance.

“Left, you know I am not an emotionless husk. I can hear it too. I know what is happening, and it horrifies me just as much as it horrifies you, but we MUST keep going if we want any chance at making sure this atrocity ends. If we cannot win this, this… Hell you hear outside will be the fate of every planet still harboring non-cybernetic life in the galaxy. We are not abandoning them. We are doing what we can to help them.”

Left kept his head under his paw for a minute, fighting to make himself stop crying. They simply hovered a moment before Right decided to pat at Left’s head, earning a small chuckle.

“What are you doing?”

“Comforting you?”

“You’re super awkward, you know that?”

Right frowned his way, but when Left finally wiped his face and lifted his head he had a small smile back on his face.

“Okay, let’s get going.”

The final couple steps to the vent entrance into the docking port were nerve wracking as they strained to hear anything. Their hearing was much worse than their eyesight, but they couldn’t help but try, and their heart was pounding furiously in their chest when they finally got to where they could see out the slats.

Nothing.

The docking zones fight had clearly already been fought. The remnants of God only knew what, metal, and oil were strewn across the floor, nearly coating the enormous room, and everything in it, but nothing stirred. They could faintly hear fighting in other parts of the ship, but beyond drips this room held only silence.

“See anything?”

“Nope, nothing. You think they’ve got traps or something?”

“I guess we will find out.”

They carefully pushed the vent open, floating into the room to avoid stepping in anything. The silence continued, and they couldn’t see any hint of life even floating near the ceiling to scan the room.

“I can’t see anything. I think we’re in the clear. I guess they just assumed nobody would make it past their main invasion force?”

“It would be stupid, but we have confirmed nobody high ranking in this war seems to be particularly bright. I can see their ships over there.”

Right nodded his head in the direction of a fleet of ships noticeably cyborg in origin, all sleek design, and dead metal. They floated near the ceiling over before dropping to where the ships closed door sat several feet above the ground. There they found a scanner they had to wipe off with a rag, flashing symbols they didn’t recognize.

“So, uh, how do we make it work? It doesn’t look like a hand scanner.”

Right was about to answer when his second set of eyes scanning the room caught sight of movement. He saw the cyborg racing towards them before they heard it, and grabbed their own stolen cyborg limb, pressing it to the scanner.

“Do not know, must go quick, we do not have time.”

Left looked back panicked.

“Unbelievable, we’re about to die and you’re still not contracting words. Let me face this guy.”

Right reluctantly let them turn, continuing to more and more frantically try to get the scanner to work. Left pulled his mop from the things strapped to their back, growling around it’s handle as the cyborg grew closer. Right shot him a look that plainly said he found this course of action insane, now slamming the mechanical arm into the scanner.

“WHAT THE” -CRASH- “DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING LEFT?! WE ARE NOT FIGHTING! NOT EVERY PROBLEM CAN BE SOLVED BY HITTING IT WITH A MOP!”

The scanner finally let out a distorted beep, as the arm broke clean through the screen, the door to the ship sliding open. Right tried to force them on immediately, but Left held fast, preparing a swing as the cyborg gained on them at a breakneck pace. Right turned to look away-

A loud, meaty thump. The sound of metal and flesh hitting the floor. Nothing.

Right finally turned back to look, finding an unconscious cyborg.

“W-”

“Remember that time we got in a fight with that ship of Therians at that diner? I remembered they go down instantly if you can hit the weird bulb on the back of their heads.”

“But why?”

“Didn’t need someone raising the alarm.”

Right couldn’t argue with that, shooting a last, nervous glance at the creature now sprawled awkwardly on the ground, before they both hopped into the ship, closing the airlock behind them.

It took them longer than either was really happy with to find a way to actually get the thing into the air. They didn’t recognize what sparse controls there were, most of the ship apparently controlled through a cybernetic plug-in dock, but they did eventually puzzle out that there was a button near the exit, located in an emergency box, that would take them straight back to the mothership.

They both hesitated a long moment, glancing at each other, before pushing the button. They settled down into a sitting position on the ground. They were heading to the cyborg mothership. They needed to be prepared.

• ★ •
Last edited by Epiale on Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Epiale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me