☾writing challenge - with prize!☽

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Should I do another writing competition?

Yes!!
100%
No thanks!!
No votes

Total votes : 7

Re: ☾writing challenge - with prize!☽

Postby Pyra Ilver » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:38 pm

Username- Pyra Ilver

(May edit before deadline)

Fatal Flaws

It was getting closer. That time when I would have to choose between the two parts of me. I am the one too dark for the light, but too light for the dark. I am the freak half-breed, torn by two worlds- I am both demonic and angelic- I am Alium.

This, of course, means nothing to you. It means nothing to any mortal eyes who learn my story. But allow me, if you would, to shed some light on the subject. For, well, eternity the universe has been controlled by two forces, over time these forces have fallen under many different names- but in the most simple of terms they are called good and evil.
Centuries passed, and over time, these forces became incarnated in flesh. Incarnations present in almost every religious text- angels and demons. And from their first breaths they were at war; an eternal tug-of-war between basic nature. Then came the truce. Terms set in stone by the leaders of their kind. No contact, no war, and a single term that would change the face of the world forever.

Humanity.

The precedence being the perfect blend of good and evil, something both could have an equal claim to. And it worked, the good and the bad balanced in equilibrium. Still, some were unhappy, they felt cheated of the power they thought was theirs for the taking. These few created passages into the world, to influence and affect the balance, and it tipped- over and over. War, peace, love, hate- now as changeable as an Autumn breeze. Humans guided and tricked by beings beyond their scope of belief. It was wrong, most definitely wrong, and it was going to go wrong. No one thought this of course, no one ever does, and no one ever will. But it inevitably happens.

It started as all bad things do, in the winter rain. Rain that can no longer be described as drops, but rather deadly sky-bullets. Anyone with half a mind would be hoping to get out of this kind of weather, an angel though? They would rather be in hell than have to dry their wings- because I can tell you right now, it takes at least forty-eight hours and is a pain in the- never mind I’m getting off topic. Anyhow- in this rain on this most unusual of nights, an angel came to earth. Not fallen, not in the 'we denounce you as one of our kind way', but just really bad at landings. And upon noticing the barrage from the sky, she ran into a hotel.

This particular hotel was hosting a celebratory masquerade ball for the Queen’s Jubilee- and it involved ballroom dancing. Unfortunately, any dance is sure to attract a few demonic spirits. Whatever you think about demons- you cannot deny they are amazing dancers- and their passion for it is indefinable.
In a cruel twist of fate, a demon and an angel met that night. Dancing until daybreak. Nothing would have come of it of course, until the announcement that the angel was pregnant.

Everyone expected a worthy legacy to my mother’s name, but instead there was me. Half-demon, half-angel, with wings darker than sin, eyes as red as rose- with the thorns to match. I was a flaw in the perfect plan of angelic happiness, I was what they had feared all these years. And to further ostracize this wolf in sheep’s clothing, they named me Alium- other.

Eighteen years I lived a stranger in my own home. Eighteen years I felt whispers follow me with malicious intent. Eighteen years to choose what I was going to do. I couldn’t stay here, no, I had barely lasted, only a mask of forced laughter had kept me going. But Hell? I couldn’t fathom what life would be like there. I couldn’t belong. At least not in the purest form.
And so the cycle repeated. A being in equilibrium, designed to create peace, failed again. Because I was not pure, not in either way, and I never would be. Because I was grey, neither definitively good nor evil, but in the middle and moved by the temperance of fate.

I am both demonic and angelic. And perhaps I could learn to be human too.
Last edited by Pyra Ilver on Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:30 am, edited 6 times in total.
Pyra Ilver

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BananaSocks » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:15 pm

hey I'm so sorry, I'm withdrawing from this competition because I don't think I can finish in time. Good luck to everyone though!
Last edited by BananaSocks on Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    xxx
    xxx
    xxx
    xxx

im electric, a romantic cliché
    heather • löded diper fanatic
    im an art student, hoping to do
    something that i like. talk to me
    about film books music anything.
    i listen to a ton of rock and indie
    bands, if you like declan mckenna
    wolf alice nothing but thieves
    lorde the strokes florence + the
    machine we are friends, it is the
    law. uh i wish i had some fish
    discord [#6740] insta spotify
xxxxxx
BananaSocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☾writing challenge - with prize!☽

Postby Skyhawk » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:10 am

Great! I look forward to reading these!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
──── 𝘥𝘰𝘯’𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘳𝘶𝘯 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘴, 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳
𝙗𝙚𝙘𝙖𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙖𝙬𝙣 𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙗𝙚𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙪𝙣
𝙧𝙞𝙨𝙚𝙨 𝙞𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙖𝙧𝙠𝙚𝙨𝙩
───────────────────────
xx

iii
ix- 𝘣𝘵𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘹𝘵 𝘧𝘢𝘯
- 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘰 𝘢𝘳𝘵, 𝘮𝘶𝘴𝘪𝘤 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘧𝘪𝘭𝘮𝘴
- 𝘮𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘢𝘨𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘰𝘱𝘦𝘯
- 𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦

ix
𝘸𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯
𝘧𝘳𝘦𝘦 𝘱𝘦𝘵𝘴
𝘥𝘳𝘢𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘨

[color=transparent]ix

Skyhawk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skyhawk » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:30 am

bump!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
𝙧𝙞𝙨𝙚𝙨 𝙞𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙖𝙧𝙠𝙚𝙨𝙩
───────────────────────
xx

iii
ix- 𝘣𝘵𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘹𝘵 𝘧𝘢𝘯
- 𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦

ix
𝘸𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯
𝘧𝘳𝘦𝘦 𝘱𝘦𝘵𝘴
𝘥𝘳𝘢𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘨

[color=transparent]ix

Skyhawk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skyhawk » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:44 am

bump
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
𝙧𝙞𝙨𝙚𝙨 𝙞𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙖𝙧𝙠𝙚𝙨𝙩
───────────────────────
xx

iii
ix- 𝘣𝘵𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘹𝘵 𝘧𝘢𝘯
- 𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦

ix
𝘸𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯
𝘧𝘳𝘦𝘦 𝘱𝘦𝘵𝘴
𝘥𝘳𝘢𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘨

[color=transparent]ix

Skyhawk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skyhawk » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:10 am

bumpooooo entries?
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
𝙧𝙞𝙨𝙚𝙨 𝙞𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙖𝙧𝙠𝙚𝙨𝙩
───────────────────────
xx

iii
ix- 𝘣𝘵𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘹𝘵 𝘧𝘢𝘯
- 𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦

ix
𝘸𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯
𝘧𝘳𝘦𝘦 𝘱𝘦𝘵𝘴
𝘥𝘳𝘢𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘨

[color=transparent]ix

Skyhawk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Devoured~Space » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:25 am

"What is it? What's bothering you?"

(Marie and Diana are two characters of mine from a larger story I'm working on. They go to a school for magic. This is just a little scene I thought up while out walking earlier! I found some interesting sticks that fit together nicely, and stuck a flower between them. Instant wand!)

Marie could feel Diana's eyes on her. The taller girl thought she was being sneaky, but Marie felt wired. The cold mountain air tended to do that to her.
Rocks slid and crunched under the feet of the two girls, the only sound in the cool, cloudy area other than a bird scolding from one of the short willows growing near the path. Marie's eyes were drawn to the bird, but she didn't stop. Likely a rosy finch. No point in going after it, it was nothing special. Marie sighed, and felt Diana glance over at her again. She swung her wand like a child swings a toy as they walk along, which made Diana flinch slightly. Marie wasn't bothered. If she lot the flower pinned between the two parts, then she could always find another. Wildflowers grew abundantly to each side of the path, and if she so desired, she could pause and pick one. Or simply collect the fallen flower to put it back in it's place- pinched between the two twisty dry willow stalks that formed the y-shaped wand. Marie couldn't help but sigh again. Diana was a traditionalist, of course, being an Aurfinch, and would find Marie's carelessness bothersome.
But the two were out here to be pushed out of their comfort zone, so Marie didn't make a comment.
The fluffy tuft of cottonflower fell when Marie swung her makeshift wand again. Diana took a short, hissing breath.
"Watch it! You never know who else might be up here!" Diana said, finally.
Marie bent to pick up the cottonflower and place it back in it's spot.
"Cottonflowers are not the best for defence." She said simply, and Diana stiffened.
"Then pick something else! Like fireweed, or monkshood!" Diana exclaimed, exasperated.
Marie looked up at her friend.
"Does it look like there's any fireweed or monkshood around here?" Marie said.
She was right. There was no blooming fireweed plants, and certainly no monkshood.
"You found a cottonflower! You can find fireweed if you can find a cottonflower. Or use putchkee if you must! I don't want to encounter Will with nothing but a cottonflower and willow wand." Diana said, crossing her arms. Partly from the chill, partly out of defiance to her willful friend.
"What is it? Is it our lack of proper defense what's bothering you?" Marie said. "I don't fancy getting putchkee all over my hands just to get a flower that might not help us."
"Of course it's what's bothering me! I don't want to get putchkee on myself either but we're practically sitting ducks out here! We're a day into our training and all we've got to show is an improvised wand, a good stash of crowberries and salmonberries, and an eagle that has it in for us!" Diana exclaimed. "And I have to wear PANTS!"
Marie's expression softened at her friend's outburst.
"Is that what's been bothering you?"
Diana hung her head, but nodded.
"I don't like it. I know we're supposed to be out here to learn and to push our comfort zone, but I'm just uncomfortable." She mumbled.
"Just think of how much colder you'd be in a skirt, plus, with all the bushwhacking through putchkee we had to do yesterday, your legs would be a mess." Marie said. "And if you want me to make you a wand that's better for defense, I can do that. We'll have to go downhill though."
Marie looked down the path, and hummed.
"Shame. We did find this path after a day of bushwhacking. I'd love to see how high up it goes, but we'll need some driftwood to make a proper defense wand."
"Or we could just find some fireweed." Diana said.
"Or monkshood. But we'd have to wash our hands after." Marie said, nodding in agreement.
"Then we can go back and shoo off that eagle."
"If we steal a feather we could make a really good defense wand. That way if Will tries to bother us..."
Diana broke into a toothy grin.
"Or, imagine if we caught a fox! He'd really not want to mess with us if we had a foxwand."
Marie bumped against her friend playfully.
"Alright, come on. Maybe this path leads down as well as up. I'll try and find some fireweed until we can make you a proper wand." She said, then in a quick decision, picked a few buttercups, and lunged at Diana. Diana squeaked in surprise, but Marie only tucked the yellow flowers into her friend's hair.
"There you go! I can't get you a skirt, but you'll still look pretty with some flowers. Now come on! Let's find some fireweed."

╔═════ ∘◦ ☆ ◦∘ ═════╗
dA
FR
*.☽ .*
Trades and DMs welcome
★they★them★
╚═════ ∘◦ ❉ ◦∘ ═════╝

Devoured~Space

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cosmic-quark » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:36 pm

Are you okay with lgbt characters and romance?
          ImageImageImageImageImageImage
          ╭━━━━━━━╮
          ╰━━━━━━━╯
          ╭━━━━━━━╮
          cosmic-quark
          she/her aro ace
          future astrophysicist
          Buying characters!
          Design Contest!
          ╰━━━━━━━╯
cosmic-quark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FloofSylvester » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:27 pm

Username: FloofSylvester

Secrets

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Espen Forest - 11:13 PM - July 16th, 2017~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"What is it? What's bothering you?" Dawn asked, staring at Piper.
"It's nothing" Piper said, shrugging off the question.
"Piper, you're lying. I know it, and you know it. It's better to just spill it right here, right now." Dawn argued, grabbing Piper's face and forcing her to look at Dawn.
"Look, I said it's nothing. Just leave it at that." Piper growled, grabbing her bag and storming off. Dawn held her head in her hands,not wanting to face the raven haired girl. She's been acting really strange lately, and it's beginning to bother Dawn. Her crush was going through something, and Dawn only wanted to help.
Dawn glanced up, the only thing that Dawn could see was Piper's phone, guiding her out of the forest. Dawn was about to get up when she felt something. Her hands grazed across a small book with a leather cover. Dawn grabbed a hold of it, and stuffed it in her bag.Piper must have left it here in her rush to leave. At least Dawn would have the opportunity to give it to Piper tomorrow. This is probably the only time that Dawn would be grateful for school.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Bridgewood High - 6:30 AM - July 17th, 2017~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dawn scanned the heads in the cafeteria. Straightened hair, curled hair, shaved head, and pigtails. There wasn't a single raven haired girl with her hair up in a ponytail with two small braids in her hair. Piper always had her hair like that, but maybe today she changed it up? Dawn was becoming worried. Piper was always early to school, and always texted Dawn on her whereabouts. Today, Dawn hadn't received a single text.

"Hey Pip, you almost here?" Dawn texted
Read at 6:37 AM
"Piper, I know you saw that text."
Read at 6:37 AM
"Why are you ignoring me?"
"Is it because of last night?"
Read at 6:38 AM
"No, I'm just at home" Piper said. Finally, Dawn had gotten a response.
Read at 6:40 AM
"When are you coming to school? You're alwys early"
"*Always"
Read at 6:42 AM
"I can't go. I'm sick"
Read at 6:42 AM
"Like, legit sick or 'I don't wanna go to school so I'm using my cold as an excuse' sick?"
Read at 6:45 AM
"No, I'm actually sick. Why's it so important?"
Read at 6:46 AM
"You left your journal in the woods yesterday"
"I can go over to your house after school and give it to you if you want"
Read at 6:49 AM
"It's fine"
"I'll get it later"
Read at 6:49 AM
"?"
Read at 6:50 AM
"What?"
Read at 6:50
"It's just, you're usually super possesive over your stuff"
"*possessive"
Read at 6:51 AM
"I can get that one later. I have my personal one with me"
Read at 6:52 AM
"K, now get some rest"
Read at 6:55

If this isn't Piper's personal journal, then what's so important that she would need a second journal. She could just put everything in one journal. Well, I guess we all just have our secrets, and some are meant to stay secrets.
~Floof

(CRYptidAlien)
FloofSylvester

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skyhawk » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:44 pm

loving the stories so far - great ideas guys!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|