Win a Corgi Store and more- writing challenge

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Shall I host another competition?

Yes!
83%
No way
17%

Total votes : 12

Re: Win a Corgi Store and more- writing challenge

Postby jupiter, » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:16 pm

Looking Back, My Heart Skipped A Beat. The Terror Was Behind Me, But I Dare To Look Again. My Heart Was In My Mouth And I Was Sailing For My Life. I Knew That If I Stopped I Will Be Dead. Rivers Of Sweat Ran Down My Ghostly Pale Face As I Sailed For Land. I Clenched My Dress With My Trembling Hand, Gaping For Air. I Couldn't Believe My Eyes! A Shark Like Wave Was Closing In On. Swallowing The Air, The Abnormal Wave Continued To Grow It Started To Speed Up! My Life Flashed Before My Eyes! "Its Swallowed Me" I Said To Myself. I Pushed The Current Further Away But It Just Ended Up Sucking Me Back In. I Thrashed Violently In The Waves, Making My Hardest Attempts To Survive, But The Just Dragged Me Down Into The Water. The Salty Water Invaded My Lungs, As I Gave My Last, Long Breath. "Goodbye World" I Muttered As I Went Into A Lifeless, Stone Statue.

Lovan456PlaysAJ,
Entry

167 Words 857 Characters
Paste Document For The Number Of Words Here:
https://wordcounter.net/
♥ ♡ ♥
|| jupiter || she/he/they || female ||
╔══════════════════╗
heyo, im jupiter <3 i live in the uk;
im genderfluid, so feel
free to use whichever pronouns you feel
most comfortable with, be that she/her,
he/him, and they/them too
ernie ~ 23/12/21 </3
i look forward to seeing you around <3

have an amazing day <3

ps distinctblitz is my boyfriend irl, please be
nice to him

links; artshop, th, bingus
╚══════════════════╝
|| 𓆏 || 𓆏 || 𓆏 ||
♥ ♡ ♥

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 2 people.
I have received 1 gifts.
jupiter,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .bluejay. » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:52 am

Username ;; honey & spice
Prompt ;; Two
Notes ;; Just for some background, Lavender is one of my ocs who was born coughing up feathers, and Primrose is her younger sister who was born with the wings of a sparrow.
Other ;; I hope this is long enough and fits your criteria. Just let me know if I need to fix anything.
Writing ;; Looking in the mirror, Lavender hardly recognized the person staring back. Her face was sunken and pale, dark rings circling under her eyes. Her light, chestnut-hued hair was thin and fine, looking scrappy and unkempt. Even her eyes, once a deep and vibrant blue, looked glassy and dull.

Letting out a quiet, resigned sigh, Lavender turned away from the mirror, not caring to look any longer. It only hurt, seeing what this disease had reduced her to. As if in response to her thoughts, she was thrown into a fit, coughing weakly until a few black feathers spilled from her lips, spotted with blood. Breathless, Lavender took hold of the edge of the marble countertop, supporting herself.

Once she had caught her breath, Lavender knelt to pick up the feathers. Wrapping them in a tissue, she took care to tuck them deep into the trash bin, hiding them from sight. If her sister were to see them, she would only worry more, fearing that the disease would take Lavender's life. She would be lying if she said hadn't thought the same thing from time to time, wondering when she finally would die at the hands of the illness. Though, Lavender learned to push those thoughts to the back of her mind, since fearing and worrying wouldn't change her situation, only make the life that she still had left miserable.

Gently shaking her head to clear her mind, Lavender left the dimly lit bathroom, heading to the kitchen. Primrose would be home soon, so she knew it would be best to start cooking dinner, acting as though nothing was wrong. Acting as though she wasn't slowly dying from the inside out. Because, no matter how miserable she was, there was no way she was letting Primrose suffer the same way.
wip!
.bluejay.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyra Ilver » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:33 am

Bump
Pyra Ilver

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Short story challenge

Postby jasp » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:50 pm

Hi, just letting you know you've missed my entree on page six. Thank you and have a lovely night c:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
hey im jasp and im a chaotic neutral LMAO
i like a bunch of things such as video games
like loz, danganronpa, ff7 and persona 5
music is cool as well, i play bass sometimes
you should check out my friends profiles too
tallest red, tallest purple, bucky, corgi, demi

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
jasp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyra Ilver » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:36 pm

Fixed it!
Pyra Ilver

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Greenleaf » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:50 am

removed to submit to Scholastic Art & Writing
Last edited by Greenleaf on Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

-------'-'------
Chinese ● queer
bi ace ● musician

------------''--
--------------------
#BlackLivesMatter
click here.

--------------------
-----'--'-------
Li 立 ● she/ze ●
student ● writer

-------'----'---
Greenleaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyra Ilver » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:37 pm

Bump
Pyra Ilver

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skyhawk » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:59 am

~ Skyhawk ~
~ 1,419 words ~

"Looking in the mirror, I barely recognised the person staring back."

I had changed. If I had been here a few days ago, I might have styled my hair in a braid to make myself look prettier but I wasn't her anymore so my hair hung in untamed, dull blonde strands. Not only did I look new, I felt new. So I stood there for a few minutes, looking in the mirror and accepting that I was now different than before.
A loud bang, coming from downstairs, reached my ears but I decided to stay a few more seconds.
I knew who was at the door.I knew they were coming to take me away. And I knew I had to go. Putting the toothbrush down, I walked calmly out of the bathroom and flicked the light off. The floorboards squeaked, as they always did, when I wandered towards the front door. My hands didn’t shake as I thought they would. This is the new me, I reminded myself.

"Hello Miss, I hoped you were informed of our arrival?" A man in a dark black suit stood outside. I nodded once. "Good and I also hope that you understand it is just protocol that we cannot tell you where you are going." I nodded again. His voice was emotionless and matched his appearance. I saw that not a single inch of skin could be seen on the man, apart from his face which didn't really look like skin at all. He was so pale, that I thought if I reached out to touch his face, my hand would go right through him, like a ghost. "Then, let's get on our way." He smiled and I realised that even his smile was unexpressive. I locked the door and walked up to one of the three black cars parked on the street. The man opened the door for me but before I slid in, I spoke for the first time since he had seen the man. "Sorry, what is your name?" I asked.
The man hesitated, "I'm afraid, like most things, that's classified at the moment." I narrowed my eyes then jumped in before he slammed the door shut.

After about an hour I decided to try the facilities out in the car. "Excuse me do you have Ed Sheeran's new album?" I looked at the mirror at the same time the chauffeur did and I saw his mouth curl up into a smile. "Of course, we have everything." He replied, "Actually, you're the first person to not ask for sweets or chocolate." He said the last sentence with disgust. I suppose he had, had enough of kids stuffing their faces with food and spilling most of it on the leather seats in the car. "I wouldn't want to be a nuisance." I spoke simply whilst returning the smile and looking out of the window again. We must have travelled a long way. Not only was it taking ages to get wherever we were going, we were driving through forests and moorland, nothing like back at home. The trees kept flying past and soon my eyelids were lowering and I was drifting off.

When I woke up, it was dark outside. I rolled down the window and inhaled the cold and slight salty air. As the car stopped, an enormous brightly lit golden gate loomed ahead of us. The chauffeur, who had insisted on me calling him Will, tapped some numbers into the key pad at the side of the gate. "Come in then." A voice boomed and instantly the gleaming gates slid open and the car crept forward. It took a few more minutes to reach the actual building but when we did arrive it looked as if everyone was asleep. All but one building had lights on in the windows. Will opened the main door for me and I wasn't hit with...silence. Being the girl from yesterday, I expected a warm welcome but I wasn't her. Instead of a lobby full of people I was greeted by three girls, each of them giggling.
"OMG!" One of them squealed.
"YAY!" The girl next to her laughed.
"AWESOME!" The last girl commented.
"NEW GIRL!" The chorused pulling me into an enormous hug.
"Stop this at once ladies!" A women, wearing very old-fashioned clothes shrieked from the top of a wide set of stairs. The 'ladies' were stunned into silence. Once the women had darted off the last step, she spoke again, "Hello, what a pleasure it is to meet you. My name is Miss Hawthorn and welcome." I could tell she had rehearsed those lines.
"Excuse me but where am I?" I asked nervously. Miss Hawthorn chuckled and I realised that even if she laughed for 10 minute straight, her voice would still sound posh.
"Your new school..for an academy which prepares young girls and young boys for their careers in adulthood." That also rolled off her tongue easily. Maybe the girl I used to be would've gasped and been completely shocked but I know I'm not her so instead my reaction was...in fact.. calm. Like I had expected this.

Walking up the tiny stairs in the common room, the words 'cute' and 'boy' hit me. I heaved my bags into the only room with girls in it and met my three roommates. "Hi..." I started awkwardly, fidgeting with a zip on my suitcase. I'd seen them last night but we hadn't had time to get to know each other before going to bed.
"HEY!" They all screamed together before giving me the most suffocating but adorable hug ever. The girls introduced themselves. Bella was the girl with hazel coloured hair, Hermione was the one with golden hair and Tris had dirty blonde hair like me.
"Tris?" I asked, "Like Beatrice from Divergent?"
She nodded enthusiastically, "FINALLY, someone gets it!" I laughed and Bella turned to me.
"Guess where I got my name from?" I furrowed my eyebrows, raking my brain for any memory of a Bella. "I'll give you a clue, my last name is Swan!" She rubbed her eyelid which dislodged a bit of her mascara. I was surprised at the fact that all of them were wearing a full face of makeup. It looked as though they were about to waltz off to a ball.
"Oh! Twilight! Bella Swan from Twilight!" I gasped.
"And let me guess Hermione in Harry Potter?" Hermione nodded, bouncing on the bed. We all giggled.
I unpacked my bags which were mainly just full of clothes. All my belongings were still in my house, I doubted that I would ever see them again. They would soon be incased in a layer of dust.

The common room was deserted when crept onto one of the sofas at half nine. I couldn't sleep because I couldn't stop thinking. What was this school? Why had I been taken here? Suddenly the door to the room flung open and a couple of boys waltzed in. One of them stopped and turned to me. "Hi, you're the new girl right?" His voice was sweet and gentle and I felt lulled by his presence. I put those thought behind me. If I wasn't the person I was now, I would have squished up next to him on the sofa and gazed into his eyes dreamily. I might have flirted with him and played 'hard to get'. But I wasn't her so I didn't.
"Yes, I'm Ellen." I murmured half-heartedly introducing myself. My eyes found themselves gazing back into the roaring fires. The flames licked up the wood and the warmth it was giving off was nearly unbearable.
"That's a nice name." He complemented, slowly wandering over to me and then sitting down. “I’m Zach,” He laughed.
"Where am I?" I sighed angrily, rocking my head back and forth in frustration. I pulled my knees to my head and tucked my toes onto the sofa.
"In an academy which prepares young girls and young boys for their careers in adulthood," The sentence rolled easily off his tongue but left me more confused. He smirked.
“What! What is this place?" My legs were cramped now but I didn't move them. He stopped grinning, straightened up and then stood up. Facing me, his voice turned serious yet I could still see a twinkle of amusement in his eyes. He spoke,

"I've been here three years and I still don't think I can answer that question."
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
──── 𝘥𝘰𝘯’𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘳𝘶𝘯 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘴, 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳
𝙗𝙚𝙘𝙖𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙖𝙬𝙣 𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙗𝙚𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙪𝙣
𝙧𝙞𝙨𝙚𝙨 𝙞𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙖𝙧𝙠𝙚𝙨𝙩
───────────────────────
xx

iii
ix- 𝘣𝘵𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘹𝘵 𝘧𝘢𝘯
- 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘰 𝘢𝘳𝘵, 𝘮𝘶𝘴𝘪𝘤 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘧𝘪𝘭𝘮𝘴
- 𝘮𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘢𝘨𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘰𝘱𝘦𝘯
- 𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦

ix
𝘸𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯
𝘧𝘳𝘦𝘦 𝘱𝘦𝘵𝘴
𝘥𝘳𝘢𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘨

[color=transparent]ix

Skyhawk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ! honeysuckle ! » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:44 am

Username: tuttifrutti000
Prompt: Sentence
Word Count: 883
Note: This is an extract from a bigger story I'm writing

Looking in the mirror, I barely recognised the person staring back. The prominent scars alone set my former self and her worlds apart, but it was the eyes that divided us completely. Those eyes… they used to be so bright, so real. Now they were grey, desolate, barren wastelands. No life, no emotion. Honestly, it was a tragedy caused by a tragedy. These eyes didn’t shed a single tear though. After all, they possessed no emotion.

The hair. The long, curly, golden locks. The last connection between me and her. It had to be severed, she decided, rummaging around the bathroom’s cabinet drawers for the razor. She didn’t think twice as patches of golden hair drifted to the ground. After the long locks had been reduced to a buzzcut, she returned the sharp-edged tool to the exceptionally messy drawer. I wasn’t looking in the mirror anymore - she was. Every bit of the old Francis had been erased. Glowering at her reflection, the new Francis stood there silently. But she couldn’t face so much hard, cold reality at once. Like her life, her reflection shattered as she brought her fist to the delicate surface of the bathroom mirror.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anxiously, I strode into the crisp morning air. Birds chirped, the massive sun shone, and fallen leaves skittered across pavements and front yards with the gentle wind’s aid. A serene start to the day. The wooden soles of my boots clicked and clacked on the hot tar road as I made my way to the reverend. He was situated across the road, waiting for me outside the town’s quaint little church. Despite my jolly surroundings, I could sense something not good was going to occur. And the reverend bore a very solemn expression on his face. My stomach started to twist into nervous knots.

Francis heard the door creak open. In the shattered mirror, she could she a distorted version of her foster mother, Kiki, coming towards her.

Anger! Her face was overflowing with anger! Red-hot, uncontrollable fury! Eyes were intense with pupils as wide as full moons, wrinkled fists hung by her sides clenched ever so tightly, and lips quivered with the thousands of curses about to be screeched and spat out… Except they didn’t; Kiki had become the ultimate master of controlling her feelings. Well, controlling them enough so that she didn’t fling herself at Francis and rip her limbs apart in a bloody mess. Chosen alternative: she fixed Francis with an ice-cold stare. A freeze-you-to-death stare. “I have had enough of this, Francis…” she began ominously.

“Good morning, Reverend Bluejay,” I greeted him, attempting to remain as tranquil as possible. “Oh, h-h-hello, Miss A-Arkham,” wheezed the aged reverend in reply. He gripped my hand, and I shivered, for his ancient fingers were as cold as winter winds. Looking at me sorrowfully, he croaked, “I am afraid I have to present to you some difficult news… Miss Arkham… y-your m-m-m…” he trailed off, breaking into sobs. I took a deep breath. I wanted to be strong. “Just tell me and get it over with,” I urged. Wiping away tears with his freezing hand, he nodded. “Y-y-your… Your mother has died.” And that was how my life came crashing down.

“It has been one week, just one mere week, and you’ve destroyed my back door, and the passenger seat of my car, and now my mirror! You’ve also made your gorgeous hair hideous! You can’t just destruct things on purpose. Money doesn’t grow on trees, you know! And I’ve had enough of it. You’re 16 in two days. Go get a job! You’re gonna work until you have enough money to pay for full repairs to my door, car seat, and my mirror,” Kiki ordered. Francis just rolled her eyes.

“Did you hear me?” Kiki growled in a low voice. Francis rebelliously muttered, “Sure.”
“Aren’t you even going to say that you’re sorry?!” Kiki wailed, almost at breaking point. Francis shot her an icy glare. “Oh, I’m so sorry,” she snarled sarcastically. The tears brimmed in Kiki’s eyes. “Just go,” she whispered desperately. “Go. Find. Work.”

“No.”
It was the only word I could muster. The birds had ceased chirping. The sun crept behind a grey cloud. The fallen leaves stopped dancing along the footpaths and rushed to dark corners. Happiness was gone.

Reverend Bluejay understood that no amount of words could soothe my pain, so he awkwardly patted me on my shoulder and shuffled feebly back to the church. Why had he been the one to tell me this? Well, I suppose he and Mum’s step-mother had always been good friends… Oh no… Mum. A single syllable that sliced deeper than a knife. What would I do without her? She was the last family member I had. The world began to swim and spin as billions of concerns and questions seeped into my head.

The streets had been replaced with a carnival silly-mirror reflection, swirling and swaying. I barely felt my knees as they buckled and I tumbled. As my face and body met the tar road, the world began to transition into a gloopy blackness. With a spinning brain, I watched it consume my surroundings. As my mind shut down like an obsolete computer, it closed in on me.

! honeysuckle !

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me