SeaClan [WIP] ☆ do not post

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: SeaClan [WIP] ☆ do not post

Postby winter solstice. » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:46 pm

(above posts are void. New iteration of this clan to start here~)

SeaClan
      Number of Cats: 1 (1 M | 0 F)

The sun shone as a sandy-brown tom stirred from the Moonpool. His green eyes opened with a start as he looked wildly about himself. Seeing no one else around, the tom shakily got to his paws. This was Leafstar of SeaClan.

He remembered his ancestor Thornstar's words whispering about in the air again: The sea will rise higher than ever before. But beware the eyes of the night feathers. Only swift paws and the call of owls will be able to aid you.

Shivering in anticipation, the tom stretched and headed out. He had promised to his warrior ancestors that he would rebuild their clan.

SeaClan would live again!

[Leafstar hunts in the Pine Copse.]
      [Leafstar patrols.]

(Prey are fish, squirrels, sparrows, mice, and rarely, hares. Fish are most common (sea urchin/sea stars would be grouped into fish I guess?)

Leader:
              Leafstar | 30 moons | Tom | X
              Lives: ★★★★★★★★★

Deputy:
              Name | Age | Gender | [url=link]X[/url]

Medicine Cat:

Warriors:

Apprentices:

Queens:

Kits:

Elders:
        Ally Clans:
        Clan Name | Username
        Clan Name | Username[/quote]

Enemy Clans
        Clan Name | Username
        Clan Name | Username

Borders
        North | Clan Name | Username
        East | Clan Name | Username
        South | Clan Name | Username
        West | Clan Name | Username

Medicine Store
        Herb | Usage
        Herb | Usage

Fresh-Kill Pile:
        Fish | x0 | 0 servings
        Squirrel | x0 | 0 servings
        Sparrow | x0 | 0 servings
        Mouse | x0 | 0 servings
        Hare | x0 | 0 servings
        Shrew | x0 | 0 servings

Mentors:
        Mentor | Apprentice | No. of training sessions | Moves

Deceased Cats:
        Cat Name | Cause of Death

Family:
        Name and Name | Kits
        Name and Name | Kits
╔═════════════╗

winter solstice.
Winter | Gale
She/Her | Korea | UTC+9hrs.

Links of Interest
My Offsite Trading Thread
How Much is This Worth in C$?
Character Storage

Other Sites
Flight Rising | Pokefarm Q

FRsona by NorthKorvus
(of Flight Rising)

╚═════════════╝

Hello! I'm winter! Hope you all have a great day or night, wherever you are ♡
winter solstice.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winter solstice. » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:53 am

SeaClan
Number of Cats: 2 (1 M | 1 F)
Next Moonpool Visit: November 20, 2017
Archive Thread: boop
Territory: boop

Leafstar poked inside the recently cleaned out warriors' chamber and smiled. It was early morning, long before most cats would be awake, but the young she-cat he had found on his patrol a few sunrises ago was already awake and alert. The tortoiseshell she-cat stretched, turned around, perhaps getting ready to come out of the cave chamber to go out to hunt, and stopped. She looked obviously startled as the young warrior squeamed, "Leafstar!" She seemed to regain her composure as she continued, "You are awame early this morning!" The leader of SeaClan chuckled, "Well, yes, I am. I was about to wame you up myself, Emberwhisker. You," he added, addressing his Clanmate, "are the one up early this morning, miss."

Emberwhisker mewed with a soft purr, "I was about to go out hunting, Leafstar. I was thinking, maybe I'd be able to go catch something better when I can actually see what I can catch in the sea." Leafstar meowed sternly, "Be careful while going through the Walkway. That place is treacherous, even for myself. And don't forget to stretch yourself well and test the waves before going for a swim!" He moved out of the way to allow the newest addition to SeaClan leave the chamber, adding, "And don't overwork yourself!" Emberwhisker chuckled and turned to face her leader and meowed, amusement obvious in her mew, "Leafstar; you sound exactly like a worried queen! Stop being so much of a worry wart and do what you are supposed to do!" Before Leafstar could retort, the younger cat meowed, "Oh yeah, um, Leafstar, please say my name when you are addressing me, I need to get used to being Emberwhisker; and not Ember." With that, the tortoiseshell she-cat bounded out of the chamber, and out of camp soon after.

Leafstar blinked and followed the energetic she-cat out, thinking of hunting in the Pine Grove again. Once he was done, he'd go to the Moonpool and ask StarClan, his warrior ancestors, to send a cat to his Clan. Who? he asked himself silently, as he made his way down carefully down the narrow Walkway, a deputy to help me decide things? Or a medicine cat to help our Clan with advice and healing? Or a warrior who can stock up on fresh-kill reliably and also protect our Clan?

(Sometime later)

The moon was shining brightly overhead as Leafstar made his way to the Moonpool. Once at the sparkling pool behind the waterfall, he lapped up some water and closed his eyes, waiting for sleep to take him. As he did so, he thought, StarClan, please send SeaClan a medicine cat, so that we may be able to hear your guidance much quicker than now, and so that we may have a healer who will take care of us in times of need.

[The Clan consumes 1x Shrew.]
[Ember became Emberwhisker!]
[Leafstar hunts in the Pine Grove.]
[Emberwhisker hunts in the sea.]
[Leafstar and Emberwhisker patrols.]
[Leafstar asks for a medicine cat at the Moonpool.]

Leader:
          Leafstar | 31 moons | Tom | X

Deputy:

Medicine Cat:

Warriors:
          Emberwhisker | 16 moons | she-cat | X

Apprentices:

Queens:

Kits:

Elders:
    Ally Clans:
    Clan Name | Username

Enemy Clans
    Clan Name | Username
    Clan Name | Username

Borders

Medicine Store
    Herb | Usage
    Herb | Usage

Fresh-Kill Pile:
    Fish | x0 | 0 servings
    Mouse | x0 | 0 servings
    Hare | x0 | 0 servings
    Shrew | x0 | 0 servings

Mentors:

Deceased Cats:

Family:
    Name and Name | Kits
    Name and Name | Kits
╔═════════════╗

winter solstice.
Winter | Gale

Links of Interest
Character Storage

Other Sites

FRsona by NorthKorvus
(of Flight Rising)

╚═════════════╝

winter solstice.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winter solstice. » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:24 am

SeaClan
Number of Cats: 3 (2 M | 1 F)
Next Moonpool Visit: November 20, 2017

Leafstar was so glad that StarClan had granted his wish of a medicine cat for his Clan. Looking over at the tabby tom, who was quietly sorting through the herbs he had found earlier, the SeaClan leader asked, "Hey, Honeytuft?" The SeaClan medicine cat's ears perked up as the tom turned to face his leader. Dipping his head toward the brown tom, Honeytuft meowed, "What can I do for you today, Leafstar?" Leafstar smiled softly and meowed, "I was thinking, I've worked Emberwhisker a little hard lately, with both hunting and patrols. Can I get you to patrol our borders today with her? You might find a few herbs in the Pine Grove portion of our borders." Thinking for a few moments, the thoughtful tabby tom meowed, "That might not be a bad idea."

Honeytuft added quietly, lowering his voice, "Thornstar came to me last night." Leafstar tensed, speaking quietly, "What did he say?" The honey-colored tabby shook his head and meowed, as if he were a little frustrated, "I couldn't hear much, due to the sound of the waves crashing on the shore, but he seemed to be warning us. Something to do with 'beware the night feathers', I think," the medicine cat finished; Leafstar blinked thoughtfully before replying slowly, "When I was made leader, Thornstar told me that the sea would rise higher than before, but it would be wise to beware the night feathers. Thornstar must be telling us not to put our guards down." Honeytuft's ears twitched as he mewed honestly, "I don't like the ambiguity of our ancestors..." Leafstar sighed, "I don't either. We all came from completely different walks of life before we joined this Clan, all because of their guidance. So far they have kept us safe; I think it's good enough reason to believe they are on our side. Besides," the SeaClan leader added, "they knew we were all descendants of the old SeaClan." Honeytuft nodded thoughtfully and replied, "Aye. I wasn't so keen when I first started to receive dreams from StarClan, but I am so glad they led me to you and the Clan. We may be only three in number, now" he added, "but I don't need to be a medicine cat to know that our Clan is going to prosper and grow for many seasons to come, knowing we have the protection and guidance of our ancestors." Both toms nodded in agreement, and padded out of the medicine cat's chamber together. Leafstar dipped his head to Honeytuft and he left, going to hunt in the sea. He needed a swim anyway, to put his mind off what he'd heard from the honey-colored tom.

(On patrol)

"So," Emberwhisker asked, her tortoiseshell coat seemingly shining in the sun's rays, "Leafstar asked you to patrol with me?" Honeytuft chuckled and mewed, "Yes, Emberwhisker. Just because I'm the medicine cat," he added, a twinkle in his yellow eyes, "doesn't mean I'm a defenseless cat. Just like you and Leafstar, I was a rogue. I fought tooth and claw to protect myself back then, and I'll do the same for the Clan now, if need be. Now," the honey-colored tom concluded merrily, "Let's go on and finish this patrol. I still need to find some of those herbs I need..." Emberwhisker nodded and sprinted ahead, calling behind her, "All righty! Let's go find those herbs, patrol, and be back to impress Leafstar!" Chuckling, Honeytuft followed her.

[The Clan consumes Fish x1]
[Honey joined SeaClan as a medicine cat!]
[Honey became Honeytuft!]
[Leafstar hunts in the sea.]
[Emberwhisker and Honeytuft patrols.]
[While patrolling, Honeytuft looks for herbs.]

Leader:
          Leafstar | 32 moons | Tom | X

Deputy:

Medicine Cat:
          Honeytuft | 35 moons | Tom | X

Warriors:
          Emberwhisker | 17 moons | she-cat | X

Apprentices:

Queens:

Kits:

Elders:
    Ally Clans:
    Clan Name | Username

Enemy Clans
    Clan Name | Username
    Clan Name | Username

Borders

Medicine Store
    Herb | Usage
    Herb | Usage

Fresh-Kill Pile:
    Fish | x0 | 0 servings
    Mouse | x1 | 0 servings
    Hare | x0 | 0 servings
    Shrew | x0 | 0 servings

Mentors:

Deceased Cats:

Family:
    Name and Name | Kits
    Name and Name | Kits
╔═════════════╗

winter solstice.
Winter | Gale

Links of Interest
Character Storage

Other Sites

FRsona by NorthKorvus
(of Flight Rising)

╚═════════════╝

winter solstice.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winter solstice. » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:08 am

SeaClan
Number of Cats: 4 (2 M | 2 F)
Next Moonpool Visit: Anytime

Leafstar dipped his head toward the older she-cat Emberwhisker and Honeytuft had found at the border. She had introduced herself as Lucy, a former kittypet who had turned to the life of a rogue after she ran away from her Twolegs. She had been staying around the area the Clan called the Pine Grove for sometime, but only had come across them recently. Lucy dipped her head in greeting to the SeaClan leader as well, meowing, "I would like to join the Clan then; I'd heard of the Clans, and I like the idea of cats working together to survive." Leafstar mewed gratefully, "SeaClan is honored to have you as one of our warriors. But," he added, "you must be okay with having to change your name?" The white she-cat blinked in surprise and looked toward Emberwhisker and Honeytuft in slight bewilderment. Honeytuft exolained, "You see, in a Clan, we have different kinds of names." Emberwhisker nodded, adding, "Don't worry! I'm sure Leafstar will give you a name that fits you perfectly!" Lucy turned to Leafstar and meowed steadily, "All right then, that is fine with me."

Leafstar began, looking up into the sky, "I, Leafstar, leader of SeaClan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this cat. She seeks to learn and understand the ways of your noble code and join us as a member, and I commend her to you as a warrior in her turn." Turning his gaze to Lucy, who was sitting in front of him, the sandy brown tom asked, "Do you promise to uphold the warrior code, and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?" The white she-cat shivered at the question and glanced at Honeytuft, who was sitting nearby with Emberwhisker; the SeaClan medicine cat nodded in encouragement and mewed quietly, "Say 'I do'." The former kittypet nodded and faced Leafstar. She meowed firmly, her steady gaze meeting the leader's green gaze, "I do." Leafstar replied, "Then, by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. Lucy, from this moment on, you will be known as Whiterose. StarClan honors your courage and thirst for knowledge, and we welcome you as a full warrior of SeaClan." He then stepped close to the newly-named Whiterose and rested his muzzle on her head, whispering, "Now you will lick my shoulder." The warrior did as told, at which Emberwhisker and Honeytuft began chanting, "Whiterose! Whiterose! Whiterose!"

(A few days later)

Leafstar meowed, "Now that you have had time to learn the territory and the camp better, I'd like to take you to the borders. We patrol the bordersdaily and redo our scent markers, so that other cats know that this territory belongs to the cats of SeaClan," he explained. Whiterose nodded and got to her paws, meowing, "Well then Leafstar, what are we waiting for?" The sandy brown tom purred, "All right then!" He padded out to the main chamber, with the white warrior right at his heels; the SeaClan leader spotted Emberwhisker coming from a morning swim and meowed, "How's it going, Emberwhisker? Is the water too cold?" The young tortoiseshell she-cat replied, "Well, I think I got my swimming skill improved a lot! And the water is a lot colder," the warrior admitted, "but not too bad yet." The leader smiled and meowed, "That's certainly good news indeed! If you aren't too tired or cold," he added, "can I get you to go hunt for us in the Pine Grove? We should keep the fresh-kill pile stocked up." The young warrior nodded and started out, mewing, "You can count on me, Leafstar!"

[Leafstar and Whiterose patrols.]
[Emberwhisker hunts in the Pine Grove.]

Leader:
          Leafstar | 33 moons | Tom | X

Deputy:

Medicine Cat:
          Honeytuft | 36 moons | Tom | X

Warriors:
          Emberwhisker | 18 moons | she-cat | X
          Whiterose | 45 moons | she-cat | X

Apprentices:

Queens:

Kits:

Elders:
    Ally Clans:
    Clan Name | Username

Enemy Clans
    Clan Name | Username
    Clan Name | Username

Borders

Medicine Store
    Borage Leaves x1 | produces more and better milk (used by queens); brings down fevers
    Burdock Root x1 | used to treat ratbites
    Catmint x1 | best remedy for greencough
    Cobwebs x1 | stops bleeding, binds wounds
    Comfrey Root x1 | used to soothe wounds, stop inflammation, and bind broken limbs
    Juniper Berries x1 | cures bellyache, soothes a cat's nerves
    Poppy Seeds x1 | helps a cat sleep; soothes shock or distress; eases pain; not recommended for nursing queens

Fresh-Kill Pile:
    Fish | x2 | 0 servings
    Mouse | x1 | 0 servings
    Hare | x0 | 0 servings
    Shrew | x0 | 0 servings

Mentors:

Deceased Cats:

Family:
    Name and Name | Kits
    Name and Name | Kits
╔═════════════╗

winter solstice.
Winter | Gale

Links of Interest
Character Storage

Other Sites

FRsona by NorthKorvus
(of Flight Rising)

╚═════════════╝

winter solstice.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winter solstice. » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:34 pm

SeaClan
Number of Cats: 5 (3 M | 2 F)
Next Moonpool Visit: December 9

It had been a few sunrises since another cat, a gray tom, had joined SeaClan. Leafstar purred as he thought about it, knowing he was keeping his promise to Thornstar. The leader then looked up as the white-furred form of Whiterose came into the chamber he made home. The sandy brown tom meowed pleasantly, "Whiterose, how may I help you this morning? You are up quite early," he added, as Whiterose flicked her tail in greeting. The white warrior meowed, "It's been a moon since I've joined this Clan, Leafstar. And it's been great," she emphasized, "but I feel like we are missing... something..." The SeaClan leader replied, admitting, "We have yet to see a queen or a young cat, I know, apart from Emberwhisker. But StarClan will guide them to our Clan soon," he added, determination in his green eyes, "but I will ask for a deputy when I go to ask StarClan at the Moonpool. We will need a cat who can organize things and help with Clan activities." The older she-cat nodded, "That sounds good, Leafstar." After a little while, she added, "I'll be going hunting in the sea, I don't want to have Emberwhisker catch a cough." Leafstar meowed, "Be careful, Whiterose. You'll get a cough too if you aren't." With just a flicker of her tail, the warrior disappeared back into the tunnel. Sighing, Leafstar headed out as well.

Emberwhisker was stretching in the leaf-fall sunlight outside as her new denmate, Stormfang, and Leafstar, the leader, came out of the camp entrance. The young tortoiseshell she-cat dipped her head to the older cats as the sandy brown tom meowed, "Emberwhisker, Whiterose went to the sea to hunt. Can you hunt in the Pine Grove today?" After a moment, he added, "We should be stockpiling for the leaf-bare." The warrior nodded and made her way inside the camp, heading to the back entrance, to the Pine Grove. Turning to the gray tom next to him, Leafstar explained, "We will go on a border patrol. I showed you the Pine Grove side of our boundaries yesterday, so I will show you the seaside today. Look," he added, pointing to the narrow path with his tail, "The Walkway is a narrow, treacherous place. Thornstar, the leader who came before me countless moons ago, told me of the many cats who fell to their deaths traversing the path." Stormfang replied, studying the path carefully, "Aye, I can see what you mean. The way the path slopes, and how narrow it is... It's going to be a challenge." The tom licked a paw daintily and mewed, "I'm ready." Stormfang made his way down cautiously, followed by Leafstar.

Honeytuft was busy in his chamber, sorting through the herbs he had in store. The honey-colored tom murmured to himself, "Best to go hunt for herbs before leaf-bare. Tansy and catmint for coughs..." he trailed off as the medicine cat realized something. He shook his head and said to himself, "Honeytuft, you mouse-brain!" The SeaClan medicine cat looked about in the storage and said, "forgetting about the juniper berries eh?" Sighing and shaking his head, Honeytuft made his way toward the Pine Grove.

(That night)
Leafstar picked his way carefully toward the Moonpool, beyond the slippery path and the waterfall. A sigh of relief came from him as the sandy brown tom spied the precious pool. Sitting comfortably at its shore, Leafstar lapped up some of the water and mewed, "StarClan, please send us a deputy, a cat who is determined and knowledgeable about the world, so that he or she may help me making important decisions when the need arises."

[Leafstar and Stormfang patrols. (The seaside)]
[Honeytuft goes herb hunting.]
[Emberwhisker hunts in the Pine Grove.]
[Whiterose hunts in the sea.]
[Leafstar requests for a deputy.]

Leader:
          Leafstar | 34 moons | Tom | X

Deputy:

Medicine Cat:
          Honeytuft | 37 moons | Tom | X

Warriors:
          Emberwhisker | 19 moons | she-cat | X
          Whiterose | 46 moons | she-cat | X
          Stormfang | 35 moons | tom | X

Apprentices:

Queens:

Kits:

Elders:
    Ally Clans:
    Clan Name | Username

Enemy Clans
    Clan Name | Username
    Clan Name | Username

Borders

Medicine Store
    Borage Leaves x1 | produces more and better milk (used by queens); brings down fevers
    Burdock Root x1 | used to treat ratbites
    Catmint x1 | best remedy for greencough
    Cobwebs x1 | stops bleeding, binds wounds
    Comfrey Root x1 | used to soothe wounds, stop inflammation, and bind broken limbs
    Juniper Berries x1 | cures bellyache, soothes a cat's nerves
    Poppy Seeds x1 | helps a cat sleep; soothes shock or distress; eases pain; not recommended for nursing queens

Fresh-Kill Pile:
    Fish | x1 | 0 servings
    Mouse | x2 | 0 servings
    Hare | x1 | 0 servings
    Shrew | x0 | 0 servings

Mentors:

Deceased Cats: