shady beach - the unknown force

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

shady beach - the unknown force

Postby ghostie, » Mon May 22, 2017 4:55 am

When an unknown force destroys America Stodden’s hometown of Shady Beach, the people who survive have to work to rebuild the entire village. The town’s population was whittled down from a small, yet large 1000 occupants to a measly 50 people. America and her twin sister, Ava, are the only surviving members of their family. They join forces with as many people as they can to save their entire village from falling apart, while simultaneously finding out who, or what, was responsible for it all.

---------------------------------

Hello! I hope you enjoy they story! I'll be doing this by chapter/post, so there will be at least 3 new chapters a week if I don't get too busy! Feel free to leave comments and stuff, but nothing rude, please. I know my writing isn't the best, but i'm doing this to improve it! Constructive criticism is fine, but please don't be too harsh!

---------------------------------

The post below will contain a brief description of the main characters or the "crew". You will be able to find out more about these characters while reading the story!
Last edited by ghostie, on Mon May 22, 2017 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
    x
    ghostie [❤] em
    they/she | art shop
    ━━━━━━━━━━
    "i do love nothing
    in the world so well
    as you- is not
    that strange?"
ghostie,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

the crew - descriptions of main characters

Postby ghostie, » Mon May 22, 2017 5:04 am

America “Ames” Stodden - 17 - Female - Straight
      - Smart, kind, determined, hard-headed
      - Loves to run, loves being outside
      - Ava is twin sister
    Ava Stodden - 17 - Female - Straight
      - Smart, hardworking, caring, fast-thinker
      - Loves to swim, loves being outside
      - America is twin sister
    Elijah “Eli” Bayer - 18 - Male - Gay
      - Fast-thinker, smart, kind of nerdy, computer geek
      - Loves computers, dislikes being outside
      - Is the “Gay Best Friend”
    Ashton “Ash” Ledford - 17 - Male Straight
      - has a big ego, kind, smart, quick-thinker
      - very sporty, loves being outside
      - Has a huge crush on Ava
    Madison “Madi” Fairfax - 18 - Female - Bisexual
      - caring, kind of snarky, smart, determined
      - book nerd, loves reading
      - lives with america + ava (parent’s missing)
    Casper “Cas” Altobelli - 18 - Male - Straight
      - shy, quiet, kind, hard-working
      - honest, very trustworthy
      - has a crush on america
    x
    ghostie [❤] em
    they/she | art shop
    ━━━━━━━━━━
    "i do love nothing
    in the world so well
    as you- is not
    that strange?"
ghostie,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

prologue

Postby ghostie, » Mon May 22, 2017 5:22 am

A child could be heard letting out a happy screech as his mother pushed her on a swing set. Another child, almost identical to the other, sat nearby, playing in the sand of the playground. A few birds flew overhead, their wings flapping across the clear blue sky. It was a cloudless day, and the sun was shining brightly. A light breeze rustled through the trees, and the hum of cicadas mingled with the laughter of the two children. A slightly older boy had wandered over to the small child in the sand. With a malicious smile on his face, he stomped on the little girl’s sand castle. She let out an ear-piercing wail, and kicked out at the boy. Giving a malicious cackle, the boy ran off to his sister, who was watching nearby with a similar expression on her face. The little girl’s mother rushed over to her, shushing the poor girl’s cries. She looked over the two older children, scanning the park for a parent. When she spotted no one, it dawned on the woman who they were. She quickly gathered her daughter’s toys, grabbing each one of the girl’s by their hands, and ushering them from the park. They two children resisted, crying. “America, Ava, stop that this minute!” the mother ordered, her voice full of worry and impatience. The children stopped their resisting at the sudden change in their mother’s voice. Silent, they let their mother hurriedly strap them into the car, their little faces full of confusion. The mother drove away from the park, checking her rear view mirror that the older twins were not following them. Heaving a sigh of relief, the turned back to the road. She shuddered, wondering what could have happened had she not recognized the two children. Pushing the thought out of her mind, the mother calmed down, laughing with her daughters. As far as she knew, they were safe. For now.
Last edited by ghostie, on Mon May 22, 2017 10:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
    x
    ghostie [❤] em
    they/she | art shop
    ━━━━━━━━━━
    "i do love nothing
    in the world so well
    as you- is not
    that strange?"
ghostie,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

chapter 1

Postby ghostie, » Tue May 23, 2017 1:33 am

13 YEARS LATER…

A loud piercing ring sounded in America Stodden’s ear. Groaning, she felt about with her hand, smashing the top of the alarm clock down. Rolling back over, she buried her face into her pillow. She could hear her sister Ava moving around across the room from her. “Could you be quiet!” America grumbled, lifting up her pillow and placing it over her head, attempting to muffle the noise. She heard her sister laugh. “Ames, i’m not even being that loud!” she said, laughing. Ava shook her head at her sister’s groans, resuming making her bed. “Ames, get up before mom comes in here and yells at you” Ava said, sorting through her closet for something to wear. “Ugh but I don’t want tooooo!” whined America, lifting her head from her pillow before letting it fall back down. “Fine, deal with her wrath then!” Ava said, giving up on trying to get her twin out of bed. America sighed, rolling out of bed and landing on the carpet with a soft thud. Ava snorted, amused at her sister. “Oh, shut up Ava!” America said, getting up from the floor and yawning. America trudged over to her closet, pulling out something to wear. She glanced over at her sister, making sure not to wear anything similar. Settling on jeans, a cropped tee and a light jacket, America quickly changed, before going to make her bed. As she reached her bed, the bedroom door opened, revealing their mother Adelaide standing in the threshold holding a steaming mug of coffee. “Morning girls!” she chirped, positive as ever. Ava rolled her eyes at her mother’s enthusiasm. America mumbled a greeting, yawning again. Their mother rolled her eyes. “Seriously, America, go to bed earlier so you won’t be this tired” she said, smiling. America looked over at her. “I go to bed plenty early enough, for your information!” she shot back. “It’s just that school starts so damn early” she added, smoothing out the covers on her bed. Ava looked at her mother, giving her a ‘she’s your daughter’ kind of look. Their mother laughed, leaving the two girls alone. “Whatever! Come downstairs when you’re ready, I made pancakes!” she called, going back downstairs. Ava turned and went to her vanity. She double checked her outfit. Black leggings, a graphic t-shirt and a bomber jacket. Satisfied, she went over to America. “Come on let’s go down” Ava said, ushering her sister out the door. “Yeah, yeah, relax” America responded, grabbing her phone off her nightstand before following Ava downstairs. The smell of fresh pancakes wafted up at them, and the rushed into the kitchen. Their mother turned around, laughing at how ridiculous they looked, fighting over the nutella. America checked the time. “Crap, Ava, we gotta go!” she said, stuffing the last bit of pancake into her mouth. Ava kissed their mother goodbye, grabbing her backpack from the front door and slipping into her shoes. America followed suit, shoving Ava out the front door. “Bye mom!” they called, shutting the door behind them. It was a dark, cloudy day. America exchanged sideways glances with her sister. “It’s going to be a long day.”
    x
    ghostie [❤] em
    they/she | art shop
    ━━━━━━━━━━
    "i do love nothing
    in the world so well
    as you- is not
    that strange?"
ghostie,

My pets
My items
My wishlist