-⊱ once and always : {no posting}

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

-⊱ once and always : {no posting}

Postby Rabbit » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:08 am

Image Image Image

"Love is our true destiny. We do not find the meaning
of life by ourselves alone - we find it with another."

- Thomas Merton

Here is my form for Kuro's readoption!
Thank you for the chance, and I hope you enjoy reading it.

Rabbit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

-⊱ just yesterday :

Postby Rabbit » Thu May 04, 2017 5:23 pm

"No, I can't do this anymore!

I'm sick of it. I'm sick of it all! I can't stand being horribly locked up in this place. It constricts me, makes me feel like I can't breathe anymore.

I'm out."

It's been years that I've lived with Pandorra. They're my guardian and lone parent. They do a great job, don't get me wrong. I don't want to come off as that super angsty teen that only wants to rebel 24/7. Although I'm sure that's exactly what I sound like right now. Whatever.

Point is, they mean well, but it's so annoying. I can't stand these stupid rules. "Be home by sundown", "you can't go out past midnight", "I have to talk to your friends' parents first", blah blah blah. It's so stupid. I feel like no one wants to hang out with me because of it. Most of the fun happens after the sun goes down anyways. What? You think I'm being crazy? Yeah, whatever. You'll see. Besides, I'm not in middle school anymore. I've just graduated high school and I'm staying home for a year before college. See, now you get it.

Okay, so maybe if I had a job I could just live somewhere on my own, and be rid of that issue entirely, but it's not as easy as it sounds. I have a bit of money saved up, enough for this small crappy place on the edge of town. Maybe I should have told Pandorra that I was out, maybe I should have packed up some stuff or left a note. I feel a little bad, but whatever, it's too late now. I'm out,
walking to the edge of town. I already signed the contract on the new place. I don't have any furniture but I don't care at this point,
I'll be alone, finally.

Tsk. It's starting to rain. Just what I needed. Whatever, I'll be back.

Ciao.

Last edited by Rabbit on Tue May 23, 2017 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rabbit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

-⊱ i saw you :

Postby Rabbit » Fri May 19, 2017 6:08 pm

"Okay, so maybe I was wrong."

Don't misunderstand me, I said maybe. That's not a yes.
I might have misunderstood just how empty it would be, living alone. Or the costs that go into it. Luckily I don't use too much water or electricity, so I don't have to worry about those costs skyrocketing. I prefer the dark anyways. It's starting to get to me, though. Just a little. Hear that? Only a little.

I wonder if Pandorra has begun to worry, or to search for me yet. They probably are, knowing them. Tsk, being such a worry wart. I guess I should have a little more sympathy, for they are my parent and it makes sense that they're worried, but I know if I think too "weak" like that, I'll just end up going home because I feel bad. Screw that, feeling bad.

For now, I'll just try to search for a job nearby. I don't think Pandorra is the type to call the police-- they're too passive to do anything so bold as that. Knowing them they'll just-- no, I gotta stop thinking like that. I'll just find work and live here, even though there's really no furniture or anything. One by one I'll earn everything, and then maybe Pandorra will be proud of me and understand, maybe just let me be a free being. Who knows, I can only hope.

Rabbit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

-⊱ and you were :

Postby Rabbit » Tue May 23, 2017 6:49 am

"Day two. No regrets here."

Honestly, this feels great. Freedom, no overprotective parent. I honestly wonder why I didn't do this sooner. Whatever.

New update-- I managed to speak to a few people and landed myself a job as a waiter at some small nearly-fast food restaurant. It's not much, but hey, it'll do. Enough to get me started. Maybe if I do well here, i'll be able to get a better job, you know? I need some experience first, so this will be just fine. Plus that means I get some food.

I'd like to think I have it all planned out, but who knows. I think I got everything down okay. I do admit, though, it kinda sucks living alone. There's no one waiting for me when I get home. My lack of furniture doesn't help this whatsoever. Sometimes I think about picking up the phone and asking Pandorra for help, but I decide against it each time. For the record, I left my cell phone at home, too. I'm not stupid, you know, I know the can track me by that. Pandorra at least knows I'm alive, though. I used a pay phone outside the apartment to leave them a message at some obscure hour of the night. I didn't want to risk them answering the phone, not yet.

Well, I start work tomorrow, at 7 o'clock sharp. I'm gonna go sleep now so I can at least wake up on time.

Rabbit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

-⊱ lost in thought

Postby Rabbit » Tue May 23, 2017 6:56 am

"Well, that was easy."

Who knew working as a server would be so simple. It's really just menial tasks, honestly. To be fair, though, they gave me the smaller tables to work at. I expect it to be a bit more difficult in the future. The tips aren't too bad, either. I think I could do okay with this. At some point, I'll make calculations to see exactly how much I have for what. Budgeting, is what Pandorra told me to do.

"Ugh, right."

I almost forgot about them for a moment. I was busy enjoying my accomplishment.

Anyways, I hope they're not missing me too much. Or, do I wish that they miss me a lot? I don't know. Either way, I won't be returning anytime soon. Maybe at some point I'll call them, see how they're doing, let them know that I'm accomplished and doing just fine on my own.

Speaking of, I'll probably not write in this scrappy journal every day anymore. I'll be working most of the time, anyways, so what else would I have to talk about? Whatever, it's not like anyone cares anyways.

Until next time.

Rabbit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

-⊱ thinking about

Postby Rabbit » Thu May 25, 2017 4:32 am

"I wouldn't say I'm wrong just yet."

Okay, so it's been about a week's worth of work. It's been... okay, I guess. Tiring, though. Maybe I did miscalculate just how tiring it would be. The diner's food got boring really fast, after eating it every day for lunch and dinner. I suppose I could use some of my spending money to get something different once in awhile, but with the money I have to save up for rent, there's not much left over.

Yeah, okay, whatever, say "I told you so," or something of the sort. I didn't expect it to be this difficult. To this day, I still don't know how Pandorra managed to raise me on their own, along with working at the same time. Maybe I'm starting to appreciate them more, sure, but that doesn't mean that I'm going home. Not one bit.

I'm gonna still try. Maybe I'll get a raise or somehow land a really nice tip, although that last part is unlikely as no one rich ever comes to town, or even to this diner in particular. I'm not giving up though or going home, since then this would all have been for nothing.

"Or would it?"

Rabbit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

-⊱ what, exactly?

Postby Rabbit » Thu May 25, 2017 4:39 am

"Day 20: Still loving the poor life."

Okay, that was a lie. I'm actually starting to hate it.

I found a place nearby that is hiring, and has a much better starting wage, but turns out they're only hiring those with either a diploma or working on getting one. What a bummer.

Technically, I could live like this. But would I really want to? I'm doing the same thing every day, working the same hours, eating nearly the same food, coming home to no one and nothing. I can't even take in a stray dog or cat on a whim because that adds to the apartment cost by $200. Plus I can't even pay for my own food, so no point in trying to pay for theirs.

I've considered going home now, but... I'm still not sure.
Maybe this might actually make Pandorra keep me at home even more, and tighten the restrictions. I probably should have thought this plan through a bit more, but it's too late for that now. Whatever happens, happens.

There's not much of a chance of me getting anything better than this for awhile, anyways.

Rabbit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

-⊱ you looked

Postby Rabbit » Thu May 25, 2017 5:08 am

"I...."

God.. What am I doing?

It's been nearly a month now, and I've done absolutely nothing. Just worked this entire time, just to pay for this crappy apartment that has barely any furniture. I haven't gone out or made friends, I haven't done anything new.

I should have just stayed home.

I'm going home. After I pay the rent for this month, I'm leaving. That is, if Pandorra will accept me back. What if they don't? What if they don't want to see me? Heck, at this point, I'll be fine if they want to keep me in the house more than before, and ridiculous hours. Anything is better than this musty, empty room.

God, Pandorra. It never occurred to me that Pandorra would have been coming home to an empty room, too, without me there. Why did I never really stop to think how they must have felt, when I was gone? Knowing Pandorra, they'd.. they'd blame themselves. I hope they're okay, and not wallowing themselves in guilt. I could never forgive myself.

"Please forgive me."

Last edited by Rabbit on Thu May 25, 2017 7:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rabbit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

-⊱ almost sad

Postby Rabbit » Thu May 25, 2017 5:31 am

Walking up to the front porch, Kuro nervously ran a hand through his hair. Stopping, he leaned against the wall, sighing.

"What am I gonna say?"

He balled his hands into fists, and quickly released them. Turning around, he peered through the window, and spotted Pandorra sitting at the dining room table, alone. Kuro felt a pang in his heart-- they looked so sad, just staring off blankly into space, listening to the wall clock tick monotonously.

Taking a deep breath, he knocked gently on the door-- two swift, short knocks-- and took a step back. Kuro heard the quiet squeaking of wooden floor in the foyer, and remembered just how many times he was caught running off because of that horrid sound.

Slowly, the door opened, and Kuro stepped forward opening his mouth.

"I'm sorry."

Last edited by Rabbit on Sat May 27, 2017 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rabbit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

-⊱ and because of that

Postby Rabbit » Thu May 25, 2017 8:02 am

Pandorra :: Being the only parent of Kuro, Pandorra has spent a lot of time and effort
into raising him to be the best he can. Unfortunately, Pandorra also has to work full-time in order to pay
for the bills, and thus doesn't always have time for him. Pandorra may not have been the most knowledgable
or the best parent out there, but they do give their best in everything they do. They can be a little emotional
and harsh at times, but with the best intentions in mind.

--

Kuro understands that Pandorra tries their best, and in turn does his best to respect them. While there's
a lot of times where Kuro has been completely shocked with Pandorra's affection and care, there has
been equally a number of times where Kuro has been disappointed. The relationship between the two
of them is quite unique, as both sides try their best, but often have a disagreement due to difference
in communication and showing their care. At the end of the day, however, they both still love each
other and appreciate what the other does for them.

Last edited by Rabbit on Sat May 27, 2017 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rabbit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me