❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby winged-backpack » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:24 am

How many characters have killed? And have you brought some back to life in another story just to be eventually killed again?
I have one human death planned for my project on hold right now, and in 10,000 Doors, I plan to write a really painful death scene (not for Femie, sommat else) that I'm not going to talk about bc spoilers and it's pretty graphic. My writer friend (who I talk about a lot on here I need to chill) has killed a lot of characters, including a 5 year old boy. Yeah, I haven't read his story, but from what I've heard/advised him it's not a very happy book ^^'

I have done absolutely heck all on 10,000 Doors since I published door 7. I need to get on with that or I'm going to end up losing track and never finishing lmao.
Also, I'm not going to be doing NaNo, I will not have time for it in amongst all the stuff I have going on this year ^^'
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
call me devon or dev (i'm a mess and so is my gender
they/them pronouns) I love Harry Potter, Star Wars,
and Tim Burton films. Birthday is 27th October ^^

Feel free to PM me about anything!

intj, chaotic neutral, ravenclaw, scorpio

my art shop//also I'm writing a book (16+)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:35 am

For those of you who have done Nano, what's the best way to prepare?
Umm.... Well, one year I had a huge portfolio full of character development, world building, maps, short snippets and plot outlines. The other year I had some characters and a brief outline.
Outside writing, I stocked up on cup-a-soups, lollies and other food (my birthday is very early on in November, so I got most of my 'nano fuel' on my birthday.)
I don't think it overly matters - it depends on how you usually write. I do suggest you have at least a bit of an idea of the plot of the story and some characters.

How many characters have killed? And have you brought some back to life in another story just to be eventually killed again?
Ah... *counts* nope, too many. Let's just say I've killed lots. And have at least one more death planned for the book I am currently writing *grins evilly at Ranger*
As for bringing them back in another story, I have never reused any characters. I may end up doing that because there are a few characters I really like. Idk if I'd kill them though.

Edit: Oops, forgot to ask, SILVER CAN YOU SEND ME THE NEXT CHAPTER OF CITR PLEASE I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS.
"An eye for an eye
Hello! I'm Wren! I'm in my mid-teens and live
in New Zealand. I enjoy writing, reading, watching videos,
cosplaying, and drawing occasionally! I'm a Christian,
and always up to meeting new friends!

~ P ~ M ~ A ~
| Stories| A03 | Wattpad |
| RWBY | Merlin | Doctor Who | HP |
| 🐦| 🐺 | 🔬 | 🦊 |
|

and the world goes blind."
Woogwoo Wren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:58 am

Hmm, let's just go with main/semi main characters...
So about 13-14 main characters die 'on screen' so to speak in my one project, but I've killed, mangled, and destroyed countless minor ones.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Pandorica » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:29 am

@Ranger and @Wren- Sure thing! I'll be sure to send 'em to you guys as I go along ^^

@Winter- I do hope to publish it someday. That's a huge dream of mine :D

I don't think I've killed any characters. Just Nathan, but that was just a flashback, not an actual death during the story. You know?
Hi, I'm Silver! Local socially
awkward English nerd, cat
lover, co-owner of floravits,
and Animal Crossing fan.
♡♡♡
art threadtrade thread
Silver Pandorica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Simonpet » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:32 am

Hello! I'd like to join this club. I'm Simonpet, a person who is currently writing several fanfictions which will probably be in progress forever, as well as writing a book.
Status wrote:The end is coming. I can see the
light at the end of the tunnel. It's
almost here!
Dragon Cave wrote:Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image
Simonpet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:00 am

Simonpet wrote:Hello! I'd like to join this club. I'm Simonpet, a person who is currently writing several fanfictions which will probably be in progress forever, as well as writing a book.

Hey! Welcome! You sound like you'll fit right in. :) Watch out for carrots. (You too, Free. Man, you are mean to those poor woodchips)
"An eye for an eye

~ P ~ M ~ A ~
| 🐦| 🐺 | 🔬 | 🦊 |
|

Woogwoo Wren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Spaceman. » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:11 am

I've been pretty inactive on here, but I'm planning on doing Nano and I'm very excited! I'm doing the story that I was working on the last camp, which I only got about 500 words done for. (Those 500 words were scrapped and the whole story changed so I'm starting over lmao) I might share snippets but I won't be posting the whole thing online because this is one of my more serious projects that I hope to get published before I graduate^^

@Simonpet - Welcome! Be sure to avoid carrots c:

Ahh, I just have like a plot outlined and also some character sheets?? Ooh, I also did a basic overview of the world and other little fun facts about the story. Whatever works for you :D

uhhhm. I had counted a long time ago, but let me think... not all were main characters, but I killed off multiple families amounting to several hundred to maybe close to one thousand. And I tend to bring back Felix, but he's probably died 3-5 times tbh. He's basically become an easter egg to see if the reader can spot his cameo.
you did well, Jonghyun.
Rest in peace angel <3
.Spaceman.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:57 am

*whistles innocently*
Wait, what has Ranger told you?

So... I'm thinking of putting up a fanfiction on here, it'd update maybe, but if anyone wants to like... be an accountability partner would ya pm me? Nothing big, just reminding each other to write or put up a chapter and stuff..

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Worst Username » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:29 pm

Winter wrote:...... I actually had to look up the word Reverend and all I can find are things about churches.... I'm so confused.

Oh yeah--that's because "reverend" means someone who's part of the clergy in a Christian church, oftentimes a pastor. (I definitely get how religions you weren't raised in can be very confusing; I'm embarrassed to say I don't even know who leads a Muslim congregation and what such congregations entail.)

@Bert
    If you divide 50k by the 30 days in November, it's about 1,667 words per day. Good luck with Nano!

@Silver
    Congratulations on the chapter! Yeah, story theft...that's probably one of the worst things that can happen to an online author. Good luck with keeping up CITR (and those writing memes, holy heck, #3 is the best).

Oy vey, I don't even know where to start. Ummm...outline everything down to the last scene, keep your outlines on hand, make character development arcs, make character sheets, and stock up on candy in October if your country celebrates Halloween.

I'm actually not all that into killing characters? Probably because I have casts of four people max; everyone else either disappears after a scene, or is only mentioned by the characters and never really appears. So that amounts to me killing...one named character in a three-story series. I need to get with the murder program. I sometimes kill people in one-shots, and thousands/millions die in natural disasters and wars and stuff, but there's not much else.

Code: Select all
[b]Are you doing Nano? What'll your story be about?[/b]

@Simonpet
    Heyo, welcome to the echo chamber of reclusive school- and college-age storytellers that we call the Lazy Writers. Do you have any nicknames? (Also, avoid carrots and smoteners.) What's the book about, by the way?

Also hey who wants to read me trying to get out of writer's block by writing some one-shot about a fox/it's actually not so bad for writer's block? just kinda rambly:
why don't I ever post my stuff wrote:The barren trees flash past her, the trail between them opening wide like a great cougar’s maw. She kicks up dust as flecks of snow start to fall from the clouds; perhaps they’ll thicken into a blanket that’ll cover her tracks come morning.
She so badly wants the snow to cover her pawsteps, her little stamps in the dirt. Then, she would be like a shadow, a phantom, gone without a trace, so her captors wouldn’t know whether she ran, whether she sprouted wings and flew, whether the ground split and ate her up. They would simply know that she had gone.
They’re her captors no more. She, little red fox, grandmaster of trickery, bearer of deceit traveling on small black paws, has run. Never again will she be with a roof of concrete over her head. Never again will she be trapped in darkness during daytime. Never again will she cower before one of those disgusting, furless, pink-flesh creatures. Never again.
She races away, the trees thickening around her, the path dwindling into dark shadows and low branches and stabbing underbrush. It’s all for the better; she, little red fox, grandmaster of trickery, can doge such branches and leap over such underbrush. She wears the darkness as a cloak, letting it envelope her, guide her, to freedom.
She’s never been in this place before. Some of the scents are familiar, almost: the smell of rabbits thinned by wintertime, the smell of voles and birds and trees and dirt, but many are new. None of it matters. She is off. She is running. She, little red fox, is free.

*jumps into shame corner*
yeet
The Worst Username

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:44 pm

Are you doing Nano? What'll your story be about?
I don't knoooow. I reaally want to but I just don't know if I have time to with school and exams and everything...It's a month away, I guess. If I work really hard then maybe I can have time to do nano...
If I am going to do Nano, I'm probably not going to write a story. I'll try to finish the one I'm working on I have so much to do send help and work on world building/plot/characters etc. and maybe write some short stories about women from history.
"An eye for an eye

~ P ~ M ~ A ~
| 🐦| 🐺 | 🔬 | 🦊 |
|

Woogwoo Wren