❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby winged-backpack » Mon May 29, 2017 8:14 am

Hey everyone, I haven't been writing much since the thing I posted the other day. That was an actual thought process I was having in my common room and I'm glad you all liked it. It's probably not very on topic, bet the friend who I said doesn't care and I had an argument on Friday, and I'm feeling terrible about it (I couldn't even have much fun at comicon because of it). Anyway, I've written out a message that's part apology, part trying to be an adult about it, and I was hoping that some of you might PM me to have a look at it and see if it sounds mature or childish?

In an effort to keep this as on topic as possible, answer me this:
Code: Select all
[b]Do you write better when you're feeling strong emotions, or do you write better when you're feeling more neutral?[/b]
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
call me devon or dev (i'm a mess and so is my gender
they/them pronouns) I love Harry Potter, Star Wars,
and Tim Burton films. Birthday is 27th October ^^

Feel free to PM me about anything!

intj, chaotic neutral, ravenclaw, scorpio

my art shop//also I'm writing a book (16+)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BucketORandomness » Mon May 29, 2017 8:33 am

Do you write better when you're feeling strong emotions, or do you write better when you're feeling more neutral?
Well, I have a hard time doing anything with my strong emotions, so I work better when neutral. Of course, if I want to do something that ends up super moody/angsty, I have a bunch of private "rant diaries" I used to do that can provide fodder for it. Even tried turning one into a werewolf story, but that didn't turn out the greatest. So...ya. Off to some mind-numbing science writing *sarcastic rejoicing*

𝕭𝖚𝖈𝖐𝖊𝖙

Not disclosing gender or age
Yes, I role play
Hey, I write! Coolio!
....Periodic Tales of an Elemental Nature
....More by Bucket
Open to making new friends!
It's my sig, but not my images
Mind. Blown. >^.^<

ImageImageImage
BucketORandomness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Pandorica » Mon May 29, 2017 8:36 am

Do you write better when you're feeling strong emotions, or do you write better when you're feeling more neutral?

Hm. It's not really a matter of my emotions, it's whether or not I have the motivation. If I have motivation to write, it doesn't really matter what mood I'm in. Unless I'm angry, which is very distracting. If I'm angry, I can't very well write romance or happiness, can I?
Hi, I'm Silver! Local socially
awkward English nerd, cat
lover, co-owner of floravits,
and Animal Crossing fan.
♡♡♡
art threadtrade thread
Silver Pandorica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Mon May 29, 2017 9:40 am

Yeah, it's motivation over emotion for me too. I do evict emotions over certain pieces. When I get emotional I do think the quality goes down.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Worst Username » Mon May 29, 2017 9:58 am

[b]Have you ever tried to write a comic/graphic novel?[/b]

When I get emotional, I just end up ranting directly into the story. I know a lot of writers who can simply project their feelings into their characters, but I just end up writing about myself. Plus, I tend to be demotivated when I'm especially angry/depressed/whatever; I'd rather focus on my emotion than the writing, so they end up being a hindrance.
yeet
The Worst Username

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DeMaizu » Mon May 29, 2017 10:02 am

I'm not actually sure - most of the time, I'm writing when I'm feeling more neutral than emotional, and I can't really remember when I've written anything emotionally charged. So . . . I guess I'll go with neutral? Since that's how I write most often.

Have you ever tried to write a comic/graphic novel?
No. No way. I'd have to be able to a) draw well enough to get a good comic out, or b) know an artist good enough to do that, which I don't (sorry, Sis, but I don't think either of us consider each other where we want to be. Though you're definitely better than me, art-wise).

It's my brother's birthday! Technically, it was two days ago, but whatever. Happy Birthday to Mr. Pesticle!

[b]When/If you listen to music while you're writing, do you repeat one song for hours on end without getting tired of it or do you have a playlist? Do you switch between the two? Something else?[/b]
DeMaizu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Mon May 29, 2017 10:13 am

No, but I have an idea for one and I want to try it out sometime

When/If you listen to music while you're writing, do you repeat one song for hours on end without getting tired of it or do you have a playlist? Do you switch between the two? Something else?
Yeah, I have a playlist I like to listen to. Or sometimes I use a noise generator or just have nothing.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winged-backpack » Mon May 29, 2017 11:01 am

I've never tried, but I do have an idea for one that I talked about on V1, about an evil genius who lives on an island lair, who's plotting to do something bad, but rising sea levels start to flood his island, so he changes his plans to stop climate change, and is celebrated as a hero by the end. If I could draw humans, I would totally do this, but the most I would be able to do would be sketching it out with stick men tbh.

When/If you listen to music while you're writing, do you repeat one song for hours on end without getting tired of it or do you have a playlist? Do you switch between the two? Something else?

I tend to choose one of my vinyl collection and listen to that. It's good for me because I can focus on my work, as I don't have option of skipping songs and such which can be a distraction, and I can have small breaks when I need to turn the record over or change to a new one. If I don't have my record player to hand, then I will just leave my iPod on shuffle and try not to spend 3 hours skipping songs :lol:
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
call me devon or dev (i'm a mess and so is my gender
they/them pronouns) I love Harry Potter, Star Wars,
and Tim Burton films. Birthday is 27th October ^^

Feel free to PM me about anything!

intj, chaotic neutral, ravenclaw, scorpio

my art shop//also I'm writing a book (16+)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby anxious ghost » Mon May 29, 2017 11:07 am

It depends on what in writing about and what feelings are there. If I'm really depressed and writing about that, then yeah I write pretty well. But if I'm depressed in general and trying to write something unrelated, it sucks.

Nope. Can't draw. And graphic novels aren't my thing. Pictures distract me too much.

It depends on what I'm writing/my mood. Usually though, I have a playlist of 2-5 songs that I listen to on repeat and never get tired of.

guys listen to this song, my sister had me listen to it because it's like Yondu's song.
╔════════════════════╗
ghost // they/it
nonbinary // queer
ghostkin // otherkin

just a gay lil ghost
not very active anymore

sig by me
╚════════════════════╝
anxious ghost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BucketORandomness » Mon May 29, 2017 12:04 pm

I have once or twice for school assignments in the past. If I didn't have to draw people actually, you know, doing stuff I'd be fine.

I usually look up "1+ hours of instrumental ____ music" which can start on "adventure" music and then morph sometime to "medieval" and then into "celtic" somethingorother thanks to auto play. Yes. When I write, I can work for hours on end, though it's not straight up writing. I can also just get distracted by the amazing orchestral music coming from the speakers and loose my train of thought >^.^<

𝕭𝖚𝖈𝖐𝖊𝖙

Not disclosing gender or age
Yes, I role play
Hey, I write! Coolio!
....Periodic Tales of an Elemental Nature
....More by Bucket
Open to making new friends!
It's my sig, but not my images
Mind. Blown. >^.^<

ImageImageImage
BucketORandomness

My pets