❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby Wired » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:06 pm

@The Worst Username

You can call me Wind! That's what I usually go by.
Books with abusive and incestuous stuff is just eww to me,, so unsavory. I'll probably only read something like that if the author calls it out in the story as wrong. For example, FSoG is just disgusting to me tbh

And you've probably seen her from Riverdale! The character in my pfp is Cheryl Blossom, portrayed by Madelaine Petsch.
She/her adult
PM me if inactive

Wired

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunnyJustice » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:08 pm

How far do you think you're going to get into Nano?
(Saving most of the other questions in a document to post on my "Q&A" coming soon, but this one is currently relevant so I'll answer it now.)
I'm pretty confident I'll reach the goal or achieve over it. I'm an extreme optimist with a probably unhealthy level of determination. Even if I messed up and forgot about NaNo for half the month, I'd just work twice as hard and refuse to give up. It would probably take a toll on me physically but I'd be better by early-mid December!
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby polysaccharide » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:29 pm

to try to keep writing, i am fully willing to complete any prompts anyone throws at me. pm me with one and i'll write you something short, be it a poem or a short scene.

Do you do any other arts besides writing (e.g., visual art, knitting, photography, acting, et cetera)
    yep. i draw a lot and want to get into voice acting once i go on testosterone become comfortable with how i sound.

the whomst

If you had to write a story in another author's style, who would you choose and why?
    good old willy shakes! i know, i'm a loser. i've always admired the way he wrote, the diction and way the sentences flow. maybe also mark z danielewski, author of house of leaves. i love the way his sentences switch from meticulous and factual to erratic and wandering in that book.
polysaccharide

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:39 pm

Do you do any other arts besides writing (e.g., visual art, knitting, photography, acting, et cetera)
Well, I do some drawing but it's awful so I'm not pinning anything on that. It's stress relief and gives me a sense of fulfillment since I can do a sketch, line, and color in pretty quick then never have to come back to it. I did a bit of drama a while ago and honestly I actually really like it, as long as I can get along with the other people. Recently I've been doing photography for 4-H and really like it. It's frustrating though, I want to take pictures of dragons. And dragons don't exist DX.

I want to get all the way through the first draft. I have a full outline, a good grasp on the plot, and pretty good characters. I really think I could get to 60k if I try.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby master of spaz » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:41 pm

I have actively written anything of substance (voluntarily at least) really since a year ago. Life sucks when you're in a slump.
announcements:
light off

tRaPpEdBiRd wrote:you truly are:
Spazzy
as in:
spectacular
you got spunk
your full of spaz! (good type!)
master of spaz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby danheng » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:50 pm

welcome new friends <3

yes : D I adore water color and piano, and I think stage craft and costume creation is very interesting.

let's be honest- not far at all. I'll try, and that's what counts <3
danheng

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:51 pm

I do a bit of drawing, both traditional and digital. Also acting (I'm not super good at it though. XD)

Idk... I want to finish but realistically I'll be happy if I get three-quarters of the way through... I've just got so much school and my time management skills are crap. XD
"An eye for an eye
Hello! I'm Wren! I'm in my mid-teens and live
in New Zealand. I enjoy writing, reading, watching videos,
cosplaying, and drawing occasionally! I'm a Christian,
and always up to meeting new friends!

~ P ~ M ~ A ~
| Stories| A03 | Wattpad |
| RWBY | Merlin | Doctor Who | HP |
| 🐦| 🐺 | 🔬 | 🦊 |
|

and the world goes blind."
Woogwoo Wren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby anxious ghost » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:57 pm

Welcome new peeps! Stay away from carrots.

If you had to write a story in another author's style, who would you choose and why?
I really like Maggie Stiefvater's writing style, and I've been trying to incorporate parts of it into my own writing.

Ranger of the North wrote:
wHY THO
I want to see more of Octavia I feel like I hardly know her yet aaaaah noooo

It has to be done. I don't want her to go I love her so much
Hopefully I'll do good enough job of getting readers close to her before she actually dies though.
Also, your interests were fine before, and they're still fine now ^-^

The Worst Username wrote:@Steve
    Holy heck for some reason I really like your handwriting
    What's going on? And what are you going to do if an innocent classmate finds your murder plot?

I'm glad you do cuz half the time I can't read it
I'm planning a death. None of them are innocent so who cares
I'm at like a continuation type school cuz it's smaller so it's easier on my anxiety

Nope. Unless coding on here counts?

I'm really pessimistic but I'm hoping I can finish this year.

So I have my story is up in a google doc, and I'm rewriting. I think I'm just about done with the prologue. Could someone tell me what you think? hopefully this link works
Last edited by anxious ghost on Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
╔════════════════════╗
ghost // they/it
nonbinary // queer
ghostkin // otherkin

just a gay lil ghost
not very active anymore

sig by me
╚════════════════════╝
anxious ghost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ! honeysuckle ! » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:03 pm

Yes, I do a lot of traditional drawing, and if I had a camera maybe I'd try photography.

Wind -

Aah, that writing was really interesting and elegantly written! I can tell you're a very sophisticated writer.

Ranger -

Nope, your interests are really cool!

Welcome new peoples <3
Last edited by ! honeysuckle ! on Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
! honeysuckle !

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winged-backpack » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:08 pm

I do a lot of digital art, most of it goes onto my deviantART (same user), and I also play the ukulele. Recently I've been learning Sound of Silence by Simon and Garfunkel, which is a lot more difficult than any other song I've ever learned because it involves picking the whole song rather than strumming, which is something I've never done before. It really confuses me when I've got to pick in time and sing it as well. I'm not good at multitasking in that respect. It's actually out of my vocal range slightly, but I'm practicing as best I can!

Nowhere because I'm not doing it! :lol:

Hey, it's past 4am. Why am I not even close to being tired? Tempted to try and write something but I guarantee it will be worse than the time I tried to add to an essay I was writing when I was off my head on prescription painkillers (it was very funny, ngl).

Know what? Imma try and write something Edgar Allan Poe-esque. Why not? I'll update with what happens yo
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
call me devon or dev (i'm a mess and so is my gender
they/them pronouns) I love Harry Potter, Star Wars,
and Tim Burton films. Birthday is 27th October ^^

Feel free to PM me about anything!

intj, chaotic neutral, ravenclaw, scorpio

my art shop//also I'm writing a book (16+)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me