❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby Ranger of the North » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:11 pm

winged-backpack wrote:@ranger
I meant would anyone else be doing some kind of advent challenge similar to what I'm doing?
I still haven't decided whether to do prompts or my book yet ugh
Ah, right! I getcha cx That sounds cool! I'm pretty sure I'd fail miserably, though XD I'll definitely read along with whatever you do decide to write, though! C;
I'm actually thinking of writing another Christmas-origin-kinda-piece this year. I did my first one in November, about... oh wOaH, it was only last year; okay then XD But yeah, I'm in the mood to do another one! I'm not sure how, though, so I'll have to ponder that for awhile :p
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mr.kingrichard » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:27 am

soooo guess who's failing super hard at nanowrimo this year 8')
ImageImage Image Image Image Image Image
mr.kingrichard

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:27 am

That advent thing sounds cool. Write a prompt every day. That should drive me completely insane.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:53 am

I might try an event type thing. I probably won't be able to keep it up as we're going away for Christmas. But I'll try to keep writing while on holiday. I need a new computer...
"An eye for an eye
Hello! I'm Wren! I'm in my mid-teens and live
in New Zealand. I enjoy writing, reading, watching videos,
cosplaying, and drawing occasionally! I'm a Christian,
and always up to meeting new friends!

~ P ~ M ~ A ~
| Stories| A03 | Wattpad |
| RWBY | Merlin | Doctor Who | HP |
| 🐦| 🐺 | 🔬 | 🦊 |
|

and the world goes blind."
Woogwoo Wren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winged-backpack » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:03 am

@ranger, song and wren
I'm loving the encouragement from you all. I've decided that I'm probably going to do a mix of prompts and writing my book, but I'm going to set it out so that I do a certain minimum word count for the prompts (I can never tell with the book tbh).

Also, I just wrote an published 2 more poems because I was bored and kind of inspired they're on my wattpad so feel free to read (slight language warning on the second one)
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
call me devon or dev (i'm a mess and so is my gender
they/them pronouns) I love Harry Potter, Star Wars,
and Tim Burton films. Birthday is 27th October ^^

Feel free to PM me about anything!

intj, chaotic neutral, ravenclaw, scorpio

my art shop//also I'm writing a book (16+)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aliria » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:14 am

mr.kingrichard wrote:soooo guess who's failing super hard at nanowrimo this year 8')

Me in the alternate dimension where I did nano this year
Okay, slightly more serious answer. Nobody. Nobody is failing at nano this year or really any year, because there's no such thing as failing at nano. Actually, that's not quite true. The only way to fail at nano is to write precisely zero words, but I doubt anyone who's claiming to be "failing at nano" has actually written nothing.
The point of nano is to write. 50,000 is an arbitrary number. Many books will end long before they reach 50k words, and many will be nowhere close. If you didn't write 50k, well, who cares? You still wrote. Maybe you only make it to 30k this year? Well, that's 30k words you might now have otherwise written. 15k? That's 15k you wouldn't have written. 5k? Then you've got 5k words you wouldn't have written. Even if you only wrote a single sentence, guess what? That's a sentence you wouldn't have written.
Don't judge yourself against arbitrary goals. Only judge yourself against what you had last month, before you wrote however much you did. By writing anything at all, you've won, because you've moved forwards, and that's what matters.

The advent calendar sounds like a cool idea, though I wouldn't personally do it because that sort of challenge doesn't work well for me. I bet other people would love it though!

In other news, after a long time of having absolutely zero new ideas, I suddenly have about 20% of three different unconnected ideas running around my head and fighting for dominance. One has a setting, but nothing else; one has a system of magic and a touch of setting; and one has a partial system of magic and the beginnings of two characters. I'm expecting the third one to win, because characters.
I'll send out my soul
To worlds more beautiful

Aliria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Teya~ » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:11 pm

For those who dont write fanfiction, do you consider Fanfiction to be writing? Of course ! Even though the characters they are writing about are "premade" I don't consider them any less of a writer. You can do some pretty cool and original stuff with fanfiction c: ----and some pretty .. interesting stuff such as whole books dedicated to Destiel X'D

@Fairy Prince I have personally never done Nano but I totally agree with you ! ^^
--

Heyo! I just finished a 'lil story, and I'd love some feedback about it and how I can improve<3 Here is the link (:
Sherlock, Downton Abbey, Once Upon a Time, Supernatural, Psych, and Doctor Who NERD. My Viscets RP
Image Image Image
I'm also a Viscet nerd c: If you haven't heard of them click here and tell them I referred you please ^-^
Check out my NEW and improved Art Shop! My prices are still negotiable c:
My WIP story, ♛ The Prince, ⚔ the Soldier, & the Gifted ☀ #2 <3
~Teya~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:42 pm

Everyone's so fired up and inspired atm, it's great :.D
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Pandorica » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:58 pm

Yikes. I looked back at the earlier chapters of my current novel and had a weird mixture of cringe and nostalgia. Also...there’s some characters I threw in during more recent chapters *cough* June *cough, cough* Terrace *cough, sputter, cough* because I hadn’t thought of them until then, and I need to go back and add them into earlier chapters. Oh gosh. There are so many things I need to go back and rewrite and scrap and completely redo and change and fix and AGDKLRJKJL I can’t do that yet!

Somebody slap me. I need to write.

none of this exists. wrote:So I wrote a thing:
It's nighttime, and the sky is pitch black. The air is cold but it's grounding, sharpening your focus but dulling your surroundings. The ground is covered in snow, and so are the trees and houses and cars. The night is lit up with street lights and headlights and porch lights, lights on strands and strings. You can hear strangers calling to each other on the streets in good cheer. The homeless man on the corner is approached by a stranger and given food. Another approaches and gives him a blanket. Soon he's been swarmed by people. His stomach and heart are full. A child helps an old woman across the street. A teen plucks the stray dog from the gutter and wraps it in a towel.
Your heart is warm and so full of fondness that it hurts.
This is Christmas.

I totally forgot to respond to this, I’m so sorry. This is great!! It’s so descriptive, and I love the word choice :0

Ranger of the North wrote:
Everyone's so fired up and inspired atm, it's great :.D

HA not me. But I like seeing everyone else get inspired c’:
Hi, I'm Silver! Local socially
awkward English nerd, cat
lover, co-owner of floravits,
and Animal Crossing fan.
♡♡♡
art threadtrade thread
Silver Pandorica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby passione » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:45 pm

okAY SO
My creative writing class started a poetry unit and basically, our first assignment was allowing a partner to lead you all around the school while you are blindfolded. We had to touch, listen and smell to try and figure out where we were and write a poem about how we felt later on. I finished my poem, and I'm kinda proud of it so I'm gonna share. I'm also turning this in for marks so if anyone thinks there's anything to improve upon, please do tell!!

There is no moon amidst the darkness,
    But I feel light cascade down upon me
    As a wave of insecurity would do the same.
    I feel the walls rise higher and higher until they tower,
    But this deprivation is the only one to blame. Sensory,
    Gone.
    We traipse mindlessly.

There is dust lining the distance that spans ahead,
    But as my fingertips dance along a shelf ridge,
    Rustles, they tickle my ears and shape the picture before me. Railings
    span vaster and vaster until they dip with the staircase,
    They try to trip me, discreetly, dastardly. I climb—
    Heedlessly.

I cannot tell where I sit or walk or stand
    With only a singular force to guide me,
    I do not know whether it is sea or land because I can’t feel the texture of the ground through leather soles.
    I reach out into the maw regardless. Maws of teeth and thorn and sunken ships and broken dreams—

Pull
    Pull
    Pull
    The force of my only guide begins relenting relentlessly.

Stretch
    Stretch
    Stretch
    I am dauntless.
    Yet the darkness is daunting.
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉