❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby LonelyForestFae » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:47 pm

Thanks for the tips guys!

What is something that you are often inspired by when writing? How does it inspire you?

Actually, the fictional world where my story will be taking place is completely from lucid-like dreams that I have every so often. The last one I had was this morning. I could fully hear what my family was doing in the background, but I could also almost fully see a world unfold in front of me. I one it was a dream and it was like a choose your path story. I chose what the character would do. It was actually really fun.... until my mom woke me up.
LonelyForestFae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DeMaizu » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:54 pm

What is something that you are often inspired by when writing? How does it inspire you?
Just . . . life. Dreams, experiences that are entirely different from my normality, different points of view . . . just stuff going through my life. *shrugs*
DeMaizu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sparrow; » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:08 pm

Everything and anything.

I have an idea for a story I want to write, but all I really have is bits and pieces, as well as a basic premise. I'm thinking of writing random short scenes from all through it and maybe, if I really like it, making it into a proper story later on. I don't really care about creating a final book like a lot of people here do, I just write for fun, so it doesn't matter to me if I give up on this. But still, does anyone have advice for writing like this, or writing stories out of order in general?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
text text text text text
text text text text text
text text text text text

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
link goes here | link goes here
link goes here | link goes here
signature credit
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
text text text text text text text text text

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

sparrow;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ScarDolphin » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:05 pm

I just found this thread and this is me oml. I procrastinate my homework by procrastinating my writing to chilling on the web and doing nothing xD That being said, I do actually have some works that are currently on the table... I never seem to finish anything though xD

Honestly, I'm mostly inspired by what's around me. I have my own horse so I'm often at the barn, hence I write horse stories at times. I also watch anime and I've actually written a (short) story out from an anime I really enjoy, so I would say it kinda depends on the situation and what I feel like writing lol.
And if I'm completely lost for ideas I search google, who always helps me xDD
─── Image ─────────────

I'm Scar // She/her // Cancer // GMT+1 //
─────────────────────────────────────
My interests: My horses // Utapri // Hypmic // Idolish7 // Genshin

───────────────────────────────────────────
⧽ --- ⧼ Trade Thread ⧽ --- ⧼

────────── Image ───
ScarDolphin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:24 am

Foxwolf273 wrote:I just found this thread and yup. I belong here. I've been working on a story for months. I'm finally developing the characters in a way I find easier. I have most of the main characters of the first story(Its going to be roughly like a book series but made of shorter and sometimes never ending stories). Sometimes I get really into writing, but after a day I just forget about it. Any tips on be consistent with my writing schedule? I will be writng in here by the way.
Hey, welcome along! Watch out for carrots c; I'm not sure about schedules, tbh; in my experience, you just have to do it, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Emotions! The emotions I'm made to feel when I read stuff or watch a movie, and I want to emulate that c:

sparrow; wrote:I have an idea for a story I want to write, but all I really have is bits and pieces, as well as a basic premise. I'm thinking of writing random short scenes from all through it and maybe, if I really like it, making it into a proper story later on. I don't really care about creating a final book like a lot of people here do, I just write for fun, so it doesn't matter to me if I give up on this. But still, does anyone have advice for writing like this, or writing stories out of order in general?
I'd say give the bits-and-bobs a shot! I have a couple characters that I don't write for except in one-shots and poems and stuff, and it's actually really relaxing and freeing :D

Kia Ora, Scar! Welcome along and watch out for carrots! C:
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby anxious ghost » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:18 am

Welcome new peeps; stay away from carrots.

Haven't written anything new and don't feel like answering questions, tbh, but I do feel vaguely motivated to write? We're having some good writing weather, even if it is super cold

Ranger of the North wrote:
*subtropical brain does not compute*

look at this we have sleet. SLEET. It's nearly March and then this happens cries we're also having thunder and I'm the only person in my family that isn't terrified of it
╔════════════════════╗
ghost // they/it
nonbinary // queer
ghostkin // otherkin

just a gay lil ghost
not very active anymore

sig by me
╚════════════════════╝
anxious ghost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KawaiiPanda58 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:40 pm

A lot of people say they are inspired by dreams. I guess I could write about my dreams but that would be a pretty crazy wierd story from the crazy wierd mind of a crazy weird person and the story would be filled with things like wierdo people that kill whoever they find in their house and tiny golden armadillos with little stump horns.
these were actually some of my dreams but nvm that becuase I will write this tiny. and you are reading it well I failed

I also often tell myself to write but then I just get to carried away with chickensmoothie O-O

Hi! I'm KawaiiPanda58, but you can call me Panda!
She/Her pronouns please.
I always enjoy trades so feel free to send me one!
INFP| ★ |♀️
[sig credit | pixel credit | characters | avatar credit]

KawaiiPanda58

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Teya~ » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:51 pm

What is something that you are often inspired by when writing? How does it inspire you? The complexity of the characters I have made (not that they're THAT complex :p). Or just, how much I can do while writing. Sometimes I get pretty proud of myself ;u;

Okay, guys, remember all those questions I asked you all, for a story I'm working on? Welp, I've finished the opening !! And I'd absolutely LOVE any critique you all have on it. Anything, good or bad! Do you hate it? XD I wanna know why. You love it? I wanna know why! You just think it's alright? I waNNa kNoW wHY (as you can guess xD) I'mma put it down here.. sorry it's a bit long. I couldn't resist. c: I used to be scared I wouldn't be able to get down even 10k words. Now I'm afriad I'm going to easily go off the limit XDD wow
Heh, so
Hope you like =D I have questions for after you read it! if anyone even wants to read it
And as reference, this is the bab who's viewpoint it is in, the rest of the story will be from his viewpoint, I just thought it'd be cool to start with a different charater for the opening that isn't the main char c:

STORY OPENING

The door opens slowly, scraping against the floor as the foul odor of cigar smoke hits the viscet’s senses. Older viscets sitting around multiple poker tables in the musty room turn to see who has entered; she holds her breathe, pausing for a moment, soon regaining her composure and striding towards the front desk straight ahead.
    A paw slams against the worn surface of the desk, holding a small stack of cash. The viscet positioned behind it raised his head from the strewn papers beside him, fixing his gaze on to the culprit.
    “It’s all there.” she remarks in the most confident tone she can muster, watching as the male takes the money from her.
    Silence fills the room, he counts the money slowly, as if purposefully to prolong the female’s anxiety.
    “There is only eight hundred here.” he responded, eying her suspiciously.
    “It’s all I could get.” rubbing the back of her neck, she carefully avoided making eye contact with the dishevelled looking viscet as he peered at her back. “Not good enough, missy,” he finally says, slipping the cash into a nearby drewer. “Hey! Then don’t I get my money back?” she exclaimed in protest. He raised an eyebrow, as if offended by the notion, “not necessarily.” he said with a sneer, revealing his mustard yellow teeth. She bit her lip, trying to hold back her growing impatience, “please sir, I need that money--”
    “What’s the dough for, anyhow?” turning her head, her gaze landed on a sleek, gray viscet leaning on the wall closest to her. She mind as well tell him, he appeared harmless enough. “I’m looking for someone to guide me up to the Igasho mountains,”
    “Now why would a lass like you want to go there? It’s dangerous, y’know.”
    “It’s none of your business,” she found herself quickly respond, turning back to the male behind the desk. “Kindly give me back what is mine.” she demanded, failing to mask her frustration now.
    “I can take you to Igasho,” the gray viscet persisted, walking over to her and holding out his hand to the one behind the desk. She watched in awe as the viscet hesitated, giving him a dirty stare but proceeded to hand him her money. “How did you . . . ?” her voice stammered as he smiled down at her. “Don’t worry your pretty little about it; follow me.” she obliged, accompanying him through the door of the building and outside.
    “Wait here,” he ordered, walking away and approaching another viscet close by but out of earshot.
    She shuttered; watching her warm breath evaporate into the cold city air, the sun was not yet out due to it being so early in the morning, plus, she was in an alleyway, so that didn’t help matters. Watching the two viscets talk, she attempted to make out what they were saying. “What am I doing?” she murmured nervously, her breathing becoming shaky. “Kajika probably isn’t even real.”
    Turning her head slightly, she glanced back at her vibrant colored wings, spreading them out wide and wrapping the feathers so that they closed around her arms and chest in an attempt to stay warm.
    “Time to go!” the gray male announced with a bright smile as he trotted back over to her. “Already?” she asked with a puzzled expression, only to have him motion her to follow.

A low humming of the truck’s engine helped calm her nerves as she sat in the backseat with the gray, they had been driving through the city of Treali and would soon be heading up the road leading to the mountains of Igasho, with little to no conversation.
    “I just realized something,” the gray remarked, breaking the silence. “I never asked for your name, although, I’m sure it won’t be able to match your remarkable markings.” she blushed, looking away from his eyes. “Thank you; I guess I’m just so used to them it’s hard to realize how different others think they look.” she responded with a small laugh, stealing a glance at her purple and sky blue paws. “Harmosa is my name, Harmosa Armonía.”
    “I think it fits,” he replied, then added after a small pause, “the names Quincy, you can call me Quince if you’d like.” Harmosa smiled, looking out the window as they turned onto the paved road away from the city.
    “There is just one thing I don’t quite get, Harmosa,” Quincy began, causing her to turn back towards him. “You have wings, something I’ve never seen before, why don’t you just fly to Igasho?” he asked in a genuinely curious tone. She laughed, saying, “well, even if I did manage to fly twenty miles there, I wouldn’t be able to carry much, or know where to go after that.” he shrugged, “I suppose you’re right; the Igasho mountains are very vast afterall.”
    “What did your parents think of you going off like this?” he questioned with a smirk, crossing his arms. “Uhm . . .” hesitating, her eyes shifted from place to place awkwardly. Quincy’s smirk grew bigger, “little rebel running off without telling the parents, eh?”
    Quincy seemed to ponder something for a moment, before adding, “just tell me one thing: Why do you want to go in the first place?” Harmosa felt like she owed him at least that much, what could be the harm in it? Except him thinking she’s a crazy broad of course. Taking a deep breath, she looked back towards the Igasho mountains as they began to grow closer. “I want to know if Kajika is real.”
    She could hear Quincy stiffen in his seat, and even the driver’s ears pinned back. “I’ve heard about Kajika,” Quincy said in a reserved voice, continuing. “He is said to move without sound; his blood colored, featherless wings assure maximum stealth when going in for an attack.” he now turned his head towards the mountains as well, “not to mention he has a greasy mane full of fleas and teeth so long they hang out of his mouth.”
    Harmosa sighed, “I just . . .” her voice trailed off as she started playing with her fingers. “It’s so hard to explain.” the viscets, and even the vehicle they sat in semed to turn into a sudden quietness as they continued down the road.
    “Try me,” Quincy urged, looking back towards her. Harmosa returned his gaze, resting her head on one of her paws. “Knowing that others are out there, like me . . . it would just, mean so much to me.” she responded in almost a murmur, Quincy nodded, his eyes falling away from hers.

Towering mountains with their highest points covered with snow from the previous winter along with a beautiful variation of trees and vivid wildflowers were now filling Harmosa’s eyes with their nearly sinful splendor. The road had gotten increasingly more rough with the last few hours, causing the truck’s going to be slow. But she didn’t mind, she had never in her entire life seen such a view. She was used to the city, full of fast moving cars and so many other viscets it was impossible to hear even your own thoughts, rarely venturing away from that life. But this, this made her want to stay here, regardly of Kajika’s existence, living out her days in bliss.
    The truck slowed to a stop at a small clearing, where all three of the viscets got out of the vehicle.
    “Nice, isn’t it?” Quincy asked smugly, causing her to whirl in his direction with a joyful grin. “Nice? Is that all you have to say about it?” she responded playfully, stretching her wings out to their full length after the long ride.
    “It’s getting dark; Joe, mind making the lady a fire?” Quincy inquired with a wink, the viscet, Joe, who had drove them all the way up here nodded, walking off to presumably find firewood. Harmosa watched as he disappeared into the forest, “Joe doesn’t talk much, does he.” she remarked, flapping her wings a bit. “Nope,” Quincy commented back a tad stiff, surveying their surroundings with a keen eye.
    Eventually, Joe came back close to dark with a large handful of firewood, and before she knew it a lively fire had been started. If took a little longer than she thought it would for him to come back, but she guessed it was just hard to find dry wood.
    “So, Harmosa, where do you think we’ll find Kajika?” Quincy questioned, the illumination of fire dancing off his coat and around him. “Well, I thought you might have some idea,” she began, laughing a little. It sounded so absurd; being here, doing this. “You’ll need all the help you can get,” he said with a smirk, “Kajika is known to steal sheep around here, and children.” Harmosa looked into the fire, rubbing her paws together. “It’s all rumours and speculation, no one knows if they did any of those horrible things.” she responded, taking a long breath in.
    “Is that what others would say, when viscets talked about your parents?” Quincy suddenly remarked in a completely stone cold tone.
    “What?” Harmosa responded, her eyes widening, taken aback.
    He ignored her, glancing off to her side and making some sort of paw gesture. Before she could look back, two large paws gripped the back of her shoulders firmly, she hastily began to flap her powerful wings to loosen their hold, only for another viscet to come help pin her down.
    An ear piercing scream echoed through the valley as they put a peculiar “thing” on her wings, somehow attaching each wing to her hind legs, making it extremely painful to move them.
    “Why are you doing this?!” she exclaimed angrily, snapping at the nearest viscet that held her down, just as a needle was jabbed into the side of her neck.
    “Nothing personal lass; purely business. You’re quite the prize, y’know.” Quincy responded with a disinterested look on his face. Her eyes began to close and her muscles weakened, but she refused to give up.
    There was a sudden thud to the side of her, Quincy turned swiftly, his claws unsheathed. A loud thud sounded a moment later as one of the viscets holding her down went flying through the air. Quincy took one look at the viscet now on the ground, and hurriedly ran in the opposite direction.
    Harmosa could just barely force her eyelids open, hearing the yells and blood curdling screams of viscets around her, managing to steal a glance at the fire close to her. She blinked, not trusting what her eyes showed her.
    He stared at her from the other side of the blaze; all she could focus on was his deep, blood red eyes and and gigantic wings, a commanding growl reverberated from his throat as her mind slipped entirely from consciousness.

Code: Select all
[b]Did you like my story opening? Does it make you want to read more?:[/b]

[b]Anything I could improve on (does anything seem off, boring, grammar mistakes, etc)?:[/b]

[b]Do you think it's a good or bad idea to start the story off from the not-quite-main-character's prospective to create a bit of mystery?:[/b]
Sherlock, Downton Abbey, Once Upon a Time, Supernatural, Psych, and Doctor Who NERD. My Viscets RP
Image Image Image
I'm also a Viscet nerd c: If you haven't heard of them click here and tell them I referred you please ^-^
Check out my NEW and improved Art Shop! My prices are still negotiable c:
My WIP story, ♛ The Prince, ⚔ the Soldier, & the Gifted ☀ #2 <3
~Teya~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KawaiiPanda58 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:08 pm

Did you like my story opening?:
I LOVED it! Harmosa is a beautiful character, being unique like that is really something I look for in a fictional story. I'm guessing the other one's Kajika? After seeing the character, you can definitely tell that's him from the story. Most don't have wings, so there's a big point. Kajika has featherless wings and at the end, you can tell its him AND he has blood red eyes.
I really picked up a lot from that!

Do you like it's a good or bad idea to start the story off from the not-quite-main-character's prospective to create a bit of mystery?:
I've never tried it before and I think it's a great idea! I've read multiple stories that switch between two characters every chapter.

Edit: Just read over the last bit again, and it reminded me of a story I read once. About a girl who lives in a village by a mountain where a dragon lives. To keep it from attacking and/or stealing sheep, they sacrifice a child of the village, the girl. I can't remember why her becuase I read it a while ago, but I remember there was a reason. So they tied her to a tree and left her there. She managed to grab I knife and cut the rope, and I can't remember what happened after that, but she ended up in the dragons cave and I think there was someone else there too.

Another Edit: Another note on changing perspectives, if you call the start the prologue, then it'd definitely make more sence. It's what people expect from a prologue, which usually says something about what happened beforehand, and why something is happening.
Last edited by KawaiiPanda58 on Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Hi! I'm KawaiiPanda58, but you can call me Panda!
She/Her pronouns please.
I always enjoy trades so feel free to send me one!
INFP| ★ |♀️
[sig credit | pixel credit | characters | avatar credit]

KawaiiPanda58

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:57 pm

anxious ghost wrote:
Ranger of the North wrote:
*subtropical brain does not compute*
look at this we have sleet. SLEET. It's nearly March and then this happens cries we're also having thunder and I'm the only person in my family that isn't terrified of it
Far out, that looks cold! Our Summer seems to be waning, too, but all we get is l o t sxo fxr a i n c':
Oh dear, poor family..

KawaiiPanda58 wrote:I also often tell myself to write but then I just get to carried away with chickensmoothie O-O
#relate

I'll check your piece out soon, Teya, and I'll PM you with my thoughts! c:
(or edit this later cx )

Do you think it's a good or bad idea to start the story off from the not-quite-main-character's prospective to create a bit of mystery?
I think it's alright! Just as long as readers aren't confused cx
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me