❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:50 pm

What are some of your characters' quirks?
They all drive me insane as a whole

Do you ever invent languages for your fantasy worlds?
Hmm, I have a few words that I have, but mainly if I want the characters to speak in another language I'll say something like
"Don't you get how dangerous this is?" he snapped, changing from the Common tongue to his native mountain dialect.

And lol, am I now the one-shot person?

Klain I shall be very disappointed in you if you do not immediately write a romantic Thomas the Train Engine fanfic.
Last edited by TheSongOfTheStars on Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WHEN'DHEGO?!?! » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:51 pm

I'M HERE NOW

Code: Select all
[b][color=#FF40FF]Are you better at writing silly or serious things?[/color][/b]
Merry Christmas from The Flowey Fanclub PLEASE JOIN
They/Them
Pet's name: The One and Only Ghost of Christmas Past
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
WHEN'DHEGO?!?!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby anxious ghost » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:58 pm

@Arya it is pretty fun, when it isn't devastating, lol.

@Ranger man we told you to stay away from the carrots! but seriously hope you feel better soon

THEY ALL MAKE ME SAD. And 99.99% of them have like really tragic histories and then there's Spencer, whose huge childhood trauma was that dog

I've been trying with WoK but for the most part, the Void translates for them totally not inspired by Doctor Who
Occasionally I'll make up a word or a phrase to put in the dialogue.

Are you better at writing silly or serious things?
I think I'm kinda good at both(?)
╔════════════════════╗
ghost // they/it
nonbinary // queer
ghostkin // otherkin

just a gay lil ghost
not very active anymore

sig by me
╚════════════════════╝
anxious ghost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CJClaire » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:08 pm

The Worst Username wrote:
      Ah, don't worry. This isn't a middle school cafeteria; nobody cares whether you're writing one-shots like Song or poems like Bucket or full-length novels like CJ or, I don't know, romantic Thomas the Train fanfictions. We're all writers who just want to chat and (possibly) write; that's why we're here.

Goodness, yeah! And don't feel intimidated just because someone has written long things or done poetry or has completed NaNoWriMo, etc! I've only written two things that I like in my entire life, and that's my two long stories. And I'm always super jealous of people who can write short-stories well! I mostly prefer to write long projects, but I can't write anything else, haha... (I've also only had two ideas for stories really... :( how do y'all come up with so many good ideas?!)

but everyone has different strengths when it comes to writing, so it's important not to unfairly compare yourself to other people!!!! :0

My main character Ben tends to stumble over his words and he always plays with the sleeves of his sweaters. His uncle yells at people to take their shoes off every time someone enters his house. Rin always makes other people help her put groceries away. Saer reorganizes the kitchen every month of so XD

OH GOODNESS NO
That would be so hard
kudos to everyone who does goodness

I think it kind of depends on my mood. I like writing silly scenes that are more lighthearted, but most of the things I write are pretty serious.
Hi! I'm CJ! I use she/her pronouns. I'm an adult.
I play ice hockey!
i'm working on publishing a YA urban fantasy novel, and am looking for beta readers, lmk if you are interested :3

toyhou.se
artfight
Art Shop
art instagram
CJClaire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:32 pm

I don't usually write silly things, but I don't do depressing, either? Like I've never written comedy, but there's got to be something amusing somewhere in m' work XP

Em is v impatient; it's great XD
Seventh is a lovable, sarcastic, jokey, down-to-earth or not kid. I probably luv him da best tbh c':
I have too many. And not enough developed. Ha. Idek *shrugs*

Worst, you like maths?! ...you is wan strange people, mah fren' XD
I do, actually! I don't really structure it or anything, haha, but I do like inventing random words to chuck in geybak, anyone? XD

Moriarty x. wrote:@Ranger man we told you to stay away from the carrots! but seriously hope you feel better soon
Oohh.. My bad.
XD
heh, thanks! c: Samee...
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:36 pm

I like to think I'm pretty equal at both. I suppose I'm a bit better at writing silly since my brothers are always doing silly stuff and I guess it's just a bit easier to handle, but I like serious, it gives the story a different layer of credibility.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Pandorica » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:33 pm

I kind of stay halfway in between. Like, a realistic tone. I'll write about serious topics, but in a sarcastic or lighter tone to make the reader laugh. Of course, it all depends on the character. If I had to pick one or the other, I'd probably go with serious!
Hi, I'm Silver! Local socially
awkward English nerd, cat
lover, co-owner of floravits,
and Animal Crossing fan.
♡♡♡
art threadtrade thread
Silver Pandorica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kolechia » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:04 pm

Serious for the win. No matter how hard I try my written work always seems to have
    a serious tone to it. I love writing serious things though, I find it fun. I wish I could
    write more silly things as my stories and characters are all really depressing but
    oh well-

Sergiu is very childish and immature. He isn't very bright and struggles to understand Victor's way of speaking.
    Despite this is very optimistic and friendly. He enjoys talking to people and will get along with pretty much anyone.

Victor is very stubborn and doesn't like admitting when he is wrong. Often keeps to himself, not very open to others.
    Very well spoken and intelligent. Deep down he isn't as grumpy as he seems and is actually really sweet and caring.
    He can actually speak a lot of languages but he only knows the curse words. He sort of picked them up very quickly.

I suck at writing fantasy so I never do. I do currently have a language that I'm working on structuring
    together but that's mostly just a few phrases only because I want Sergiu to flirt in his native
    tongue just to confuse people, it would be really funny.

Do you plan your stories before you write them?

Only really for a few chapters and then I don't :') It's a bad habit I'm trying to break.
    I get so picky when it comes to my writing, one chapter took me about 72+ of writing
    and rewriting...it was only about 2,000 words. I kept rewriting it because I felt like
    some things that happened were not natural or people were out of character-
    (mostly Victor...he is a really tricky character to write)

Put it this way what I planned for Chapter One I didn't end up following. I'm very glad
    I didn't follow the plan tho, it would have been really depressing if I did-

I'm currently drafting chapter 2 but I'm not sure what to write about yet, oh well
    I get there!
xxx
.✦ Charlie - He/They - Adult ✦.

.✦ There's No Night Without Stars ✦.

Hello! I don't tend to use this site much anymore but I'll still pop on every now and then. I hope to make some new friends regardless.
xxx
kolechia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bilaz » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:52 pm

I have a character who really hates the fact that he has the same first and last name as a famous ballroom dancer, does that count?
╔═════════{♥}═════════╗
And so all things, time will mend
So this song will end...

╚═════════{♥}═════════╝
x➤ My OC Erik, I love to write stories
x➤ Sasha - ISFJ - vegan - adult
x➤ Proud tea drinker and cat lover
x➤ Feel free to send me a message! ©

Image x Image x Image
Bilaz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Klain » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:41 pm

The Worst Username wrote:
Klain wrote:I am still feel so wrong in place, because I have the feeling that everyone is writing really long storys, with a lot of chapters. And I'm sitting here like "hey, this short story hit page four, time to end it!" XD

Ah, don't worry. This isn't a middle school cafeteria; nobody cares whether you're writing one-shots like Song or poems like Bucket or full-length novels like CJ or, I don't know, romantic Thomas the Train fanfictions. We're all writers who just want to chat and (possibly) write; that's why we're here.

Oki. :3

Definitly serious thing! Funny parts always turn out so no funny '3'
Klain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me