❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby AriDeZu » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:37 am

How to get rid of writers block

. . . . . . . . Um. I aply the seat of my pants to the seat of my chair.
Hi there! I love anime and manga. Mainly Fairy Tail, Psycho Pass, From Far Away, SNK, Akagami no Shirayuki-Hime, and Akatsuki no Yona.
I really like talking to other people so feel free to pm me :)
I'm open to most trades, so again, feel free to send me one :)
Image Image

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:16 pm

AriDeZu wrote:How to get rid of writers block

😂
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:16 am

AriDeZu wrote:How to get rid of writers block

I do that, but then I'm suddenly on chickensmoothie....

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winged-backpack » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:36 am

How to get rid of writers block? -_-

Do some writing exercises. Choose a random object, bring it to life, take it on a journey. Choose a boring life event and make it exciting! Literally just write something crazy and hopefully you'll get inspired to write.

(I just published door 7!)
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
call me devon or dev (i'm a mess and so is my gender
they/them pronouns) I love Harry Potter, Star Wars,
and Tim Burton films. Birthday is 27th October ^^

Feel free to PM me about anything!

intj, chaotic neutral, ravenclaw, scorpio

my art shop//also I'm writing a book (16+)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sxtxrn » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:26 am

Oh good lord, have any of you heard the first chapter of John Green's book, Turtles All the Way Down? Its so good, but that's off topic.
I really want to start posting something here everyday to improve my writing, so here we go. Critique would be loved.
Micheal continued running, aware that if he stopped for even a moment he would be made to run another mile. He learned that mistake from the poor freshmen who went to their first gym class and decided to stop for a few seconds to catch their breath.
It was a shame really, gym was normally his favorite class, but with the new teacher that the school hired, he absolutely hated it.
"Hey Micheal, what's up?" Micheal looked up and furrowed his eyebrows. They were told that if you talked you'd have to run an extra mile. He shrugged, a lot was on his mind. "Be quiet, we'll have to run more." He whispered and sped up his pace upon seeing the final mark. "Alright. Boys on that side. Girls on that side." Their teacher yelled, not in an angry tone, more so demanding. "What are you doing? I said girls on that side." He yelled to someone who was standing off to the side awkwardly. "Uh, sir. Sam is non-binary." Max, the quarterback of our football team, spoke up. It was good to see someone standing up for them for a change. "Well, Sam can either go to the office for not obeying the rules or go on the girl's side.." Sam's face fell as they took a step to the girl's side,they were obviously upset. "Sam wait. You don't have to go to the girl's side. Let's go to the office and tell them how much of an ass he's being. And anyone else who believes that splitting up teams by genders can come with. I'm tired of this 'Oh they cant play together, they are different genders.' bull crap. It's annoying, and frankly stupid. A lot of girls are stronger then most guys. Whether it be physically, emotionally, or mentally. It's stupid." Max yelled, jogging over to Sam to comfort them. Micheal stepped out of the line and slowly went over to join Max. "Jones, where the hell do you think you're going?" The teacher yelled, tone laced with venom. The teen sneered in response. "Standing up for Sam's rights. That's where."

Eh, not to bad for 13-ish minutes I guess.
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

mikey | gay | he/they | astrophys major
hi, im rarely on here. i love to code

[ toyhouse ] ▼・ᴥ・▼ ⋆。°✩ [ trade me ]

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
sxtxrn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:25 pm

.Cherry Blossoms. wrote:Oh good lord, have any of you heard the first chapter of John Green's book, Turtles All the Way Down? Its so good, but that's off topic.
I really want to start posting something here everyday to improve my writing, so here we go. Critique would be loved.
Micheal continued running, aware that if he stopped for even a moment he would be made to run another mile. He learned that mistake from the poor freshmen who went to their first gym class and decided to stop for a few seconds to catch their breath.
It was a shame really, gym was normally his favorite class, but with the new teacher that the school hired, he absolutely hated it.
"Hey Micheal, what's up?" Micheal looked up and furrowed his eyebrows. They were told that if you talked you'd have to run an extra mile. He shrugged, a lot was on his mind. "Be quiet, we'll have to run more." He whispered and sped up his pace upon seeing the final mark. "Alright. Boys on that side. Girls on that side." Their teacher yelled, not in an angry tone, more so demanding. "What are you doing? I said girls on that side." He yelled to someone who was standing off to the side awkwardly. "Uh, sir. Sam is non-binary." Max, the quarterback of our football team, spoke up. It was good to see someone standing up for them for a change. "Well, Sam can either go to the office for not obeying the rules or go on the girl's side.." Sam's face fell as they took a step to the girl's side,they were obviously upset. "Sam wait. You don't have to go to the girl's side. Let's go to the office and tell them how much of an ass he's being. And anyone else who believes that splitting up teams by genders can come with. I'm tired of this 'Oh they cant play together, they are different genders.' bull crap. It's annoying, and frankly stupid. A lot of girls are stronger then most guys. Whether it be physically, emotionally, or mentally. It's stupid." Max yelled, jogging over to Sam to comfort them. Micheal stepped out of the line and slowly went over to join Max. "Jones, where the hell do you think you're going?" The teacher yelled, tone laced with venom. The teen sneered in response. "Standing up for Sam's rights. That's where."

Eh, not to bad for 13-ish minutes I guess.
I don't think I have, to be honest; might have to check it out! C:
I want to hear what happens with this instructor! Is he/she actually misunderstood, and just wants the kids to do their bestest? Or just plain abusive? o: Also, isn't 'Micheal' spelt 'a-e', rather than 'e-a'? o.o
Also! While I'm here, I thought I'd let you know that I'm trying to work on responding with the critique, but this week has been vERY BUSY... but I haven't forgotten you! :D It's on my list c;
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ! honeysuckle ! » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:53 pm

Sorry to butt in here, but I'd really appreciate some critique on a story I'm working on for a competition. The thing that's bugging me is the first paragraph; it doesn't have that.. um, how do I describe this? that oomph that really impacts the reader. My goal is to make it clear just how much Francis has changed, and she doesn't feel emotion after the tragedy. I have to keep the first sentence, for it's the prompt. I'd just really like some critique and suggestions on how to make this more impactful. I'm also trying to make it interesting by weaving first and third person (the old Francis, and her changed self), does it flow? Get what I mean?

Here's the paragraph:

Looking in the mirror, I barely recognised the person staring back. The scars alone set my former self and her worlds apart. But it was the eyes that divided us completely. Those eyes… they used to be so bright, so real. Now they were grey, barren wastelands. No life, no emotion. Honestly, it was a tragedy caused by a tragedy. These eyes didn’t shed a single tear though, after all, they possessed no emotion.

Oh, by the way: does 'reverend' require a capital? mystery solved
Lil' edit; scars are psychical
Last edited by ! honeysuckle ! on Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
! honeysuckle !

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winged-backpack » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:22 am

tuttifrutti000 wrote: -snip-

Here's the paragraph:

Looking in the mirror, I barely recognised the person staring back. The scars alone set my former self and her worlds apart. But it was the eyes that divided us completely. Those eyes… they used to be so bright, so real. Now they were grey, barren wastelands. No life, no emotion. Honestly, it was a tragedy caused by a tragedy. These eyes didn’t shed a single tear though, after all, they possessed no emotion.

Oh, by the way: does 'reverend' require a capital?

Hi, reverend only needs a capital if it's being used as a title, i.e. if it's "the church is looking for a new reverend" then no, but if it's "Reverend Lovejoy" then yes.

As for your paragraph, it's very interesting. I'm not sure I see what you mean about changing between third and first, because it doesn't seem to change from my reading of it. It does seem to be a bit rough, but I can offer some ideas?

1. If you combine your second and third sentences, it might have a better flow to it. "The scars alone set my former self and her worlds apart, but it was the eyes that divided us completely."

2. I also think splitting up your last two sentences might make them more impactful. "These eyes didn’t shed a single tear though. After all, they possessed no emotion."

I can't think of anything else to say really, it's pretty good on its own!

(I finally told my irl friend about 10,000 Doors and he literally made a wattpad account so he could read it (and possibly make fun of my very old fanfiction writing) He's actually trying to get a short story published, so he's much more of a productive writer ya know)
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
call me devon or dev (i'm a mess and so is my gender
they/them pronouns) I love Harry Potter, Star Wars,
and Tim Burton films. Birthday is 27th October ^^

Feel free to PM me about anything!

intj, chaotic neutral, ravenclaw, scorpio

my art shop//also I'm writing a book (16+)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Worst Username » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:11 am

Meg wrote:Well shoot, look at what I've gone an done. You know that novel I've mentioned a couple of times, the first one I wrote that I dropped halfway through because the main character was a Mary Sue? Well, now it's in India (or an Indian-like climate and culture)! I mean, I really shouldn't have, I shouldn't plan a story I don't plan on writing for years (or however long it takes me to finish The Story of Dante). But I just had to. It's one of the few stories that deals with human characters, and making it based in Indian culture, climate and mythology (except for the Lycans, but there are European-based kingdoms in it, so they brought along their mythology. And because Lycans are an integral part of the story). Of course, that means more researching because I have little experience in Indian things. But hey, at least it could count as credit for my last year of homeschooling! LOL.

Ooh, that sounds really cool! Hope you don't get overwhelmed with all those stories, goodness. Which Indian cultures are you basing it on, by the way? Also dude, that's a cool scene.

How to get rid of writers block? -_-
    If you've already got a story going and you can't seem to find the motivation to keep writing, then you just have to do it. Set aside some time and just write whatever you can. Make a new document if you're worried about tarnishing your previous work, and write something. Write about the fight scene between a flea-ridden cat and a sentient pint of ice cream. Describe the chair you're sitting on. Do a one-shot. And once you're warmed up, you can work on your story.

@Ranger
    ...did someone say birds
    I'm going to go check that out, right now. Birds are the best.

@Dev
    was that a simpsons reference
    I can't wait to read door seven! Your friend sounds pretty cool, by the way.
yeet
The Worst Username

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WildCat :3 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:52 am

*Deep breath*
I'm back.
Yep no-one noticed but I left for a bit, but I'm back.
NaNoWriMo is soon,so I'm planning some kind of post-apocalyptic thing. That's all I've got.
Also, ,I've been writing somethin'. It's about a girl, who's an introvert and moved to a new school, she always has her headphones on and everybody kinda just hates her. I'm letting myself write a book about myself wow. But, she goes to a music club where she has a bond with her ukulele.
Yeah it's boring but anyone have some stories which could do with a kick?
I'm planning to give her the ability to see ghosts, but clearer than anyone else, and hear them clearly. She makes friend with shadow figures in the library and has to end her own life to save the school, who, keep in mind hate her, but gets stopped.
That's all I have so far, but I also have some messed up si-fi novel.
Theres three types of "important" people.
The robots and all their followers.
Scientists.
The ones against the robots.
And then the rebels, no-one speaks of them, or makes friends with them. They only hurt them, this is where the main character, Ivy, is placed.
Nothing else, really!
still in use! back after a break :D
WildCat :3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me