❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby Arya22 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:30 am

@claire
I'm thinking.
What does Ben feel like in most of the story? Is he happy about his power, angry at all the things happening, does he feel sad to have left his mother, does he feel alone?
Bookworm | she/her | bi & demisexual
I am Arya22 and I'm a female who likes reading
Pm me to chat about anything at all!
Signature coded by Amburned. Thank you!!
Arya22

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BucketORandomness » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:53 am

@Claire, Imma just throw a bunch of things out here momentarily. Feel free to ignore any/all if you want >^.^<
Wizardry Palace
Conjuring Cantrol
Entourage Enchantment
Rune Tribunal
Thaumaturgy Clergy

𝕭𝖚𝖈𝖐𝖊𝖙

Not disclosing gender or age
Yes, I role play
Hey, I write! Coolio!
....Periodic Tales of an Elemental Nature
....More by Bucket
Open to making new friends!
It's my sig, but not my images
Mind. Blown. >^.^<

ImageImageImage
BucketORandomness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CJClaire » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:11 am

@Arya
Ben is most confused and scared for lost of the book. His power is very new to him and suddenly he has all these dangerous beings trying to take advantage of him

@Bucket
Thanks for the suggestions!
Hi! I'm CJ! I use she/her pronouns. I'm an adult.
I play ice hockey!
i'm working on publishing a YA urban fantasy novel, and am looking for beta readers, lmk if you are interested :3

toyhou.se
artfight
Art Shop
art instagram
CJClaire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arya22 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:13 am

@clair
Last question (or not):
Do you prefer titles with several words, or shorter ones with only things like "Alone" as a title?
Arya22

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CJClaire » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:15 am

Arya22 wrote:@clair
Last question (or not):
Do you prefer titles with several words, or shorter ones with only things like "Alone" as a title?

I don't really have a preference either way! Some of my favorite books are one word titles (Cinder, Winter, etc) but also some have very long titles (Aristotle and Dante discover the Secrets of the Universe, The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender) so I could go either way :)
I play ice hockey!
i'm working on publishing a YA urban fantasy novel, and am looking for beta readers, lmk if you are interested :3

toyhou.se
artfight
Art Shop
art instagram
CJClaire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arya22 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:22 am

@claire
Ok!
Ill brood on it for a few minutes, then come back and tell you if I thought of anything good. Or I might come back with questions.
Arya22

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:34 pm

How do you work around writing a character that's completely different from you (Or even a little bit different, something along those lines)?
Idk? I guess its a case of creating their history mainly, the world they live in, how their family treated and raised them.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CJClaire » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:51 pm

How do you work around writing a character that's completely different from you (Or even a little bit different, something along those lines)?

Ooh, this is an interesting question! For me, I tend to write characters that are very different from me. When I write characters that are too alike to me, they tend to loose any sense of individuality.

I think this is why my best characters are male and why I prefer to write male characters. It allows me to distance myself from my characters and focus on developing them? If that makes any sense? But for other aspects, I tend to do research. :]

But then again, I'm not very good at making characters that are fully developed and interesting. There's definitely room for improvement!

@Arya
Thanks! I appreciate you trying to come up with something. If you don't that's totally fine! I just thought that I would throw the question out there and see what responses I got. :)
I play ice hockey!

toyhou.se
artfight
Art Shop
art instagram
CJClaire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Pandorica » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:54 pm

Does anyone ever really want to write something, but you aren't quite sure what to write? I want a small break from my main story/stories, but I don't know what to write about. I kinda want to write something superhero-ish. I don't know. XD

Hm...I don't know. I quite enjoy writing characters that are different from me, actually. I find it a lot of fun, and sort of an escape ^^' As for actual advice, I guess I just take input from other stories I've read or things I've seen. Even people in real life serve as an inspiration for me sometimes. Where better to base your characters then real people? That'll make them seem more realistic. Just don't...make an exact copy...that's kind of creepy. Er...right. Just go with your gut, and be sure to develop your character and see them as a real person. What motivates them to act the way they do? What is their history? Hobbies? Strengths? Weaknesses? What caused those strengths and weaknesses?
Hi, I'm Silver! Local socially
awkward English nerd, cat
lover, co-owner of floravits,
and Animal Crossing fan.
♡♡♡
art threadtrade thread
Silver Pandorica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:53 pm

How do you work around writing a character that's completely different from you?
Imagination and drawing upon my experience with other people. c:

Silver, yes! I get that... well, not that often tbh. But often enough to sympathise XD
I usually find prompt-threads like the 100-one-shot challenges, or mope until inspiration strikes XD

Claire, I'll have a think about it for ya, but personally The High Courts sounds pretty cool! c: (although it might sound better without the 'the', maybe? c; )
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me