❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby Aliria » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:37 am

Did you teach yourself to write all on your own, or did you have help? (school n stuff or other writers, etc)
I'm mostly self-taught, but I do read advice from other writers and stuff sometimes.

For those who dont write fanfiction, do you consider Fanfiction to be writing?
Absolutely. It's words, put together by a person to tell a story. Sure, maybe it's not 100% original, but what is?
I'll send out my soul
To worlds more beautiful

Aliria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shrewd » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:42 am

Ah, yes. I do. You put thought into the scenarios in which can be the same universe as the
characters or a different universe. In a different universe of characters, fanfiction authors would have to
use their own imagination to somehow shift the gears and make everything go into plan or
just make sense, overall.
╭ ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ╮
ㅤ* she/her ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ Image
ㅤ* intj
ㅤ* true neutral
ㅤ* trades
ㅤ* film & books
ㅤ* phantom thread (2017)
╰ ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ╯
Shrewd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:01 am

Certainly! That person is using their creative skills to make a story, even if it's within another story.

(Ooooooh, Puma's soooo cute!)

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby passione » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:56 am

I said I was going to be off of forums to focus on my writing but I keep getting distracted.
At least my muse is back so I can excuse myself from everything for a little bit.
I'm almost at 40k!!
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
I WISH I COULD
I WISH I COULD
I WISH I COULD
I WISH I COULD

┌────────────────┐

yo. i'm xia. gone from cs but never
forgotten. find me on fr!

i like jjba, lunch club and bts.
suffering from jschlatt brainrot.

they/them pronouns please

└────────────────┘
LOVE MYSELF
LOVE MYSELF
LOVE MYSELF
LOVE MYSELF
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
passione

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:49 pm

For those who don't write fanfiction, do you consider fanfiction to be writing?
'Course! Just a different level. And most of the ones I've read are bad, so I'm a lil bit prejudiced now :p But they're still definitely writing c:

WinterSerperior wrote:
Ranger of the North wrote:
HOMESCHOOLERS FTWWWWWWW XP
I'm not actually homeschooled. I wish I was though xD It'dve saved me all of the trouble I went through due to my old Highschool.
Hehehe :p It's still p challenging at times tho c;

Silver Pandorica wrote:Sorry guys. Not in the best state right now, I just need a distraction from life.
Naw, hope everything's alright!

Silver Pandorica wrote:Ha, it’s kinda funny. Just a little side thing I thought of. My story CITR is very character-centered and focuses on development and relationships. All of those are things I suck at in real life. I suck at making friends, and I’ve never been in a romantic relationship, and I seriously doubt I’ll ever find someone who will love me like Kayel loves Villea c’: Guess the story is what I wish for in life. Well, some of it...definitely don’t want some of the things in there...
That's actually kinda cool! :.D

Arya22 wrote:
Ranger of the North wrote:
TheSongOfTheStars wrote:(A kitten??? What color is it? What's its name? Is it a boy or a girl?)
Yesss!! She's a girl, her name's Pūmā, and she's grey with really faint tabby markings and white socks/underparts :D

Aaaah she's adorable!!!
TheSongOfTheStars wrote:(Ooooooh, Puma's soooo cute!)
IKR :D :D

morioh wrote:I said I was going to be off of forums to focus on my writing but I keep getting distracted.
At least my muse is back so I can excuse myself from everything for a little bit.
I'm almost at 40k!!
Oh wow, that's awesome! Go you!! C:
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winged-backpack » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:53 am

Did you teach yourself to write all on your own, or did you have help? (school n stuff or other writers, etc)
I mostly taught myself. I mean, my mum taught me how to read and write before I was 2 years old, so she's definitely a big help in the actual articulation of writing. As for creating a plot and characters, and putting a story together I mostly taught myself. I did have a few influences at school, as creative writing was a part of my GCSE English course (got an A* for my story so woo), but apart from those, I've mainly just been independent.

For those who don't write fanfiction, do you consider fanfiction to be writing?
I used t write fanfiction, and I do consider it to be writing. Though, I prefer to think of it as a gateway to writing better stories with more interesting plots. That's not to say you can't do that with fanfiction, it's just when it's based on an existing story or people, there's very little creative control.

Just realised I haven't updated 10,000 Doors for over two weeks I am slipping so much ughh

I'm thinking about doing some kind of advent challenge. I did one last year with my art, where I did a new piece each day leading up to Christmas, and I'm thinking that maybe this year I'm going to do the same, but with writing. I'm still debating whether I should do a different prompt each day, or just try to update my book every day. What do you guys think? Also, do you think it's a good idea that you might possibly consider stealing :lol:
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
call me devon or dev (i'm a mess and so is my gender
they/them pronouns) I love Harry Potter, Star Wars,
and Tim Burton films. Birthday is 27th October ^^

Feel free to PM me about anything!

intj, chaotic neutral, ravenclaw, scorpio

my art shop//also I'm writing a book (16+)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby anxious ghost » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:02 pm

Mk I skipped around a lot, but oh well.

@Ranger omg she's so cute. We actually got a kitten too???
His name is Mason c: look at him he's too much

What POV is your favorite?:
I write from third person, but I think my fave to write is actually second?

Who do you take inspiration from?:
I take inspiration from everything.

Have you ever tried writing a novel on Chicken Smoothie?:
I had my story on here for awhile but took it off.

Do you think you have a particular genre you stick to? Would you say you are a "(genre) writer"?
Fantasy with some sci-fi.

For those who don't write fanfiction, do you consider Fanfiction to be writing?
Yeah, of course.

So I wrote a thing:
It's nighttime, and the sky is pitch black. The air is cold but it's grounding, sharpening your focus but dulling your surroundings. The ground is covered in snow, and so are the trees and houses and cars. The night is lit up with street lights and headlights and porch lights, lights on strands and strings. You can hear strangers calling to each other on the streets in good cheer. The homeless man on the corner is approached by a stranger and given food. Another approaches and gives him a blanket. Soon he's been swarmed by people. His stomach and heart are full. A child helps an old woman across the street. A teen plucks the stray dog from the gutter and wraps it in a towel.
Your heart is warm and so full of fondness that it hurts.
This is Christmas.
╔════════════════════╗
ghost // they/it
nonbinary // queer
ghostkin // otherkin

just a gay lil ghost
not very active anymore

sig by me
╚════════════════════╝
anxious ghost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Pandorica » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:51 pm

Omg congrats on the precious little fluffs. Kittens are so sweet <33

@Ranger- Thanks! Everything going better now, actually. Today was pretty good. And yeah, I suppose it is pretty cool. Subconsciously, some of the things I’m writing about are things that I would love to have in my life...LIKE KAYEL. Does anyone else want a Kayel? I want one. I need one please rip.

Hey, if anyone has any short stories (nothing violent or gross or scary tho please I’m a wimp) that need critique or ya just want someone to read them, I’m down for that.

Not really looking to read anything long, just a lil snippet or short story, ya know? I’m still kinda busy, but I will have some time over the next couple days :D

(Totally missed this one sorry) Of course! I just prefer not to write it unless I absolutely need more of the storyline. Of course, then I just join a fandom rp. I don’t really do that anymore though. But yeah, it absolutely counts as writing. You’re putting words on a page, aren’t you? c:

Uh...I wanted to say something else I think, but I can’t remember so I’ll say this instead. I’ve been doing a lot of character development (instead of writing c’:) for a while, especially on minor characters like Terrace and June and Christina, so my progression hasn’t come to a complete halt, at least. I just thought that, even if it isn’t revealed, those characters should still have a history and motivation. I mean, they’re people too, right? It’s not just about the main characters.
Hi, I'm Silver! Local socially
awkward English nerd, cat
lover, co-owner of floravits,
and Animal Crossing fan.
♡♡♡
art threadtrade thread
Silver Pandorica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:44 pm

winged-backpack wrote:I'm thinking about doing some kind of advent challenge. I did one last year with my art, where I did a new piece each day leading up to Christmas, and I'm thinking that maybe this year I'm going to do the same, but with writing. I'm still debating whether I should do a different prompt each day, or just try to update my book every day. What do you guys think? Also, do you think it's a good idea that you might possibly consider stealing :lol:
So like a challenge for you? Or you're thinking of challenging other people? c:

none of this exists. wrote:@Ranger omg she's so cute. We actually got a kitten too???
His name is Mason c: look at him he's too much
aaaah, he's sO cUTE! <33 How old is he, he's so teeny! :D <333

none of this exists. wrote:So I wrote a thing:
It's nighttime, and the sky is pitch black. The air is cold but it's grounding, sharpening your focus but dulling your surroundings. The ground is covered in snow, and so are the trees and houses and cars. The night is lit up with street lights and headlights and porch lights, lights on strands and strings. You can hear strangers calling to each other on the streets in good cheer. The homeless man on the corner is approached by a stranger and given food. Another approaches and gives him a blanket. Soon he's been swarmed by people. His stomach and heart are full. A child helps an old woman across the street. A teen plucks the stray dog from the gutter and wraps it in a towel.
Your heart is warm and so full of fondness that it hurts.
This is Christmas.
Dude, that is actually amazing. It's so beautiful! It captures the essence of Christmas beautifully, that's really great :.D *applauds*

Silver Pandorica wrote:Omg congrats on the precious little fluffs. Kittens are so sweet <33

@Ranger- Thanks! Everything going better now, actually. Today was pretty good. And yeah, I suppose it is pretty cool. Subconsciously, some of the things I’m writing about are things that I would love to have in my life...LIKE KAYEL. Does anyone else want a Kayel? I want one. I need one please rip.
Ikr <3

Well that's good!! (:
Hahahaha XD What about poor neglected Indigo, Little Miss Crushing-writer? XD

Silver Pandorica wrote:Hey, if anyone has any short stories (nothing violent or gross or scary tho please I’m a wimp) that need critique or ya just want someone to read them, I’m down for that.

Not really looking to read anything long, just a lil snippet or short story, ya know? I’m still kinda busy, but I will have some time over the next couple days :D
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winged-backpack » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:13 pm

@ranger
I meant would anyone else be doing some kind of advent challenge similar to what I'm doing?
I still haven't decided whether to do prompts or my book yet ugh
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
call me devon or dev (i'm a mess and so is my gender
they/them pronouns) I love Harry Potter, Star Wars,
and Tim Burton films. Birthday is 27th October ^^

Feel free to PM me about anything!

intj, chaotic neutral, ravenclaw, scorpio

my art shop//also I'm writing a book (16+)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me