❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby NyxxofStars » Sat May 27, 2017 1:14 pm

Ranger of the North wrote:
Hey guys, quick question: If you were in a strange country and met up with natives of the land, like nomads or whatever, what would be a few of the first things you'd want to ask or do or see or learn, do you think?
*zips away*

Honestly I'd ask about the bathroom, food, water, and shelter if I were lost. If I was just wandering through, I'd probably ask about the culture's food (because as we know the quickest way to the heart is through the stomach!)
Surviving
ImageImageImage

Gabriel aka the most problematic fav
NyxxofStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winged-backpack » Sat May 27, 2017 7:28 pm

Hey guys, quick question: If you were in a strange country and met up with natives of the land, like nomads or whatever, what would be a few of the first things you'd want to ask or do or see or learn, do you think?
*zips away*

I would just want to learnt their language and understand their culture. I would want to know all about how I cold not be a huge obstruction. I'm on their land, I shouldnt be in their way.
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
call me devon or dev (i'm a mess and so is my gender
they/them pronouns) I love Harry Potter, Star Wars,
and Tim Burton films. Birthday is 27th October ^^

Feel free to PM me about anything!

intj, chaotic neutral, ravenclaw, scorpio

my art shop//also I'm writing a book (16+)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sparrow; » Sat May 27, 2017 8:02 pm

*zips away*

I'm not sure... depends on how I got there. I'm not the kind of person who likes exploring, so I'm not sure how I would find myself in a place I knew nothing about.

@Worst - I've started creating loads of creatures, and kinds of magic. I want to make this world quite detailed so every little unimportant character has a huge backstory and way too many details about their life. I'm currently working on odd little things like customs, food, the education system, and kinds of jobs. So pretty much everything! I haven't finished any part because I'm just doing whatever I feel inspired to do. It's fun c:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
text text text text text
text text text text text
text text text text text

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
link goes here | link goes here
link goes here | link goes here
signature credit
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
text text text text text text text text text

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

sparrow;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby minimire » Sat May 27, 2017 8:55 pm

@bucket and @worst and to the others who've replied:
    alright once we're done we'll post the character sheet here (: i'll post the others along with it as well (
Last edited by minimire on Sat May 27, 2017 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

minimire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WHEN'DHEGO?!?! » Sat May 27, 2017 11:07 pm

@Ranger
I'm not sure how to answer this. The only 'strange land' I plan on going to is the pacific islands, but I don't think of that as a strange land because I want to live there, and I'm already googling all I can about it. Even anywhere I'd vacation to would be somewhere I have extensive knoweldege of already (unless someone else plans it and drags me along, I guess. I mean I went to the British Virigin Islands thinking it was still a British territory, therefore just a part of Britain. I was wrong. But I never asked any natives anything, and we didn't interact with any but our driver.)
In any other situation, I don't think I would ask anything or interact at all- this scenario would make it even more stressful than it already is to interact with people.
Merry Christmas from The Flowey Fanclub PLEASE JOIN
They/Them
Pet's name: The One and Only Ghost of Christmas Past
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
WHEN'DHEGO?!?!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bilaz » Sat May 27, 2017 11:41 pm

I don't really know what to answer either. I'm from Europe, we drive to another country for any reason, wether something we want to buy is cheaper there, or there is an event we want to go to or if we just simply want a change of scenery. I personally adore traveling all over Europe and beyond and I've met people from so many different countries and well really they are just people, doing people things like we all do. XD
╔═════════{♥}═════════╗
And so all things, time will mend
So this song will end...

╚═════════{♥}═════════╝
x➤ My OC Erik, I love to write stories
x➤ Sasha - ISFJ - vegan - adult
x➤ Proud tea drinker and cat lover
x➤ Feel free to send me a message! ©

Image x Image x Image
Bilaz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Megaguirus » Sun May 28, 2017 6:02 am

Ahh, I should really be more active on this thread. At least I'm back to writing, haha.

Do you have any favorite authors or quotes?

Rick Riordan, C.S. Lewis and Rudyard Kipling are the best three I can think of off the top of my head. As for quotes, well, I actually can't remember most, but I do like a lot of Lewis' quotes, and there is one that Mom found in a bookstore and snapped a pic of.

"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and few to be chewed and digested." Francis Bacon.

@Ranger

Well, firstly, I'm introverted and cannot approach people for the life of me, and secondly I haven't traveled to many places out of state or even country. But, those aside, I would first wonder if they speak my language. If not, it would be difficult asking them anything. If yes, I'd first ask for food if it was an especially long trip, and then once I got comfortable, I'd want to know more about their culture. I love learning about other cultures, and being able to experience one would be amazing.
Megaguirus gets distracted by a butterfly. So pretty.

"Go ahead reveal yourself,
As you were born to do,
Their fathers killed the prophets,
Hallelujah! They're going to kill us too."
Children 18:3 - Final

Female/Christian/Homeschooled/INFP/FNaF/Godzilla/Writer/Bugs/Cockroaches/Markiplier
"I'm wearing no disguise, a Jesus Freak 'til the day that I die. And I will not compromise, throw every stone but you can't take my life." 7eventh Time Down - Alive in You
Megaguirus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WHEN'DHEGO?!?! » Sun May 28, 2017 9:52 am

@Meg
My favorite quote is a CS Lewis quote.
"When I grew up I learned to let go of childish things like the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
Merry Christmas from The Flowey Fanclub PLEASE JOIN
They/Them
Pet's name: The One and Only Ghost of Christmas Past
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
WHEN'DHEGO?!?!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Sun May 28, 2017 12:26 pm

BucketORandomness wrote:Edit: Sorry! Missed Ranger's scenario. It would depend on if the encounter was alone, friendly, antagonistic, or with friends. Heh.
+ Alone/Friendly: Attempt to figure out who they are, what they're like, probably stick to a small group of them and try to make a couple friends/allies
+ Alone/Antagonistic: Well, if they attacked me, I would immediately surrender, follow orders, and curl up into a ball of panic, then eventually gain enough sense to work out words and see if they are open to negotiation on their attitude. If I, on the other hand, was the one to attack ((as unlikely as that might be)) I might attack verbally, but there's a good chance I'll listen to them if they wanted to be on more friendly terms
+ Group/Friendly: I would greet them with pride and walk into their camp with them, probably chatting about nothing or just hanging back with one of my original group.
+ Group/Antagonistic: If they attacked, I would be more likely to try to defend myself with others to back me up. If we attacked them, I would be less likely to listen to appeals for friendship, what with the mob mentality kind of thing.

Hope that helped >^.^<
The Worst Username wrote:
Ranger of the North wrote:Hey guys, quick question: If you were in a strange country and met up with natives of the land, like nomads or whatever, what would be a few of the first things you'd want to ask or do or see or learn, do you think?
*zips away*

*zips in*
      I'd probably ask where the hotel is, look for the library, and try to learn how the people's lives are different from mine. Depends on who your character's personalities and what their motives are--is your protagonist a reclusive artist who got lost or a quirky dragonslayer just stopping by?
Moriarty x. wrote:Edit; forgot to answer this
*zips away*

I'd ask about food options and water, and of course, about the bathroom. Like where it's located and what the word for it is and such. Then I'd ask about history and stuff, cuz I'm a nerd.
Silver Pandorica wrote:
*zips away*

I'd probably want to know where and how they live, whether or not they have clean water, is their food gluten free, and where they go to the bathroom. I'm a very paranoid person and must know exactly how to get to each of the above necessities X3 Besides that, I'd be curious about their religion and daily activities ^^
NyxxofStars wrote:
*zips away*

Honestly I'd ask about the bathroom, food, water, and shelter if I were lost. If I was just wandering through, I'd probably ask about the culture's food (because as we know the quickest way to the heart is through the stomach!)
winged-backpack wrote:
*zips away*

I would just want to learnt their language and understand their culture. I would want to know all about how I cold not be a huge obstruction. I'm on their land, I shouldnt be in their way.
sparrow; wrote:
*zips away*

I'm not sure... depends on how I got there. I'm not the kind of person who likes exploring, so I'm not sure how I would find myself in a place I knew nothing about.
RocketTheNot-Raccoon wrote:@Ranger
I'm not sure how to answer this. The only 'strange land' I plan on going to is the pacific islands, but I don't think of that as a strange land because I want to live there, and I'm already googling all I can about it. Even anywhere I'd vacation to would be somewhere I have extensive knoweldege of already (unless someone else plans it and drags me along, I guess. I mean I went to the British Virigin Islands thinking it was still a British territory, therefore just a part of Britain. I was wrong. But I never asked any natives anything, and we didn't interact with any but our driver.)
In any other situation, I don't think I would ask anything or interact at all- this scenario would make it even more stressful than it already is to interact with people.
Lunar Kitty wrote:I don't really know what to answer either. I'm from Europe, we drive to another country for any reason, wether something we want to buy is cheaper there, or there is an event we want to go to or if we just simply want a change of scenery. I personally adore traveling all over Europe and beyond and I've met people from so many different countries and well really they are just people, doing people things like we all do. XD
Megaguirus wrote:@Ranger

Well, firstly, I'm introverted and cannot approach people for the life of me, and secondly I haven't traveled to many places out of state or even country. But, those aside, I would first wonder if they speak my language. If not, it would be difficult asking them anything. If yes, I'd first ask for food if it was an especially long trip, and then once I got comfortable, I'd want to know more about their culture. I love learning about other cultures, and being able to experience one would be amazing.
Eeee thanks for all the replies, guys! I have a few more ideas for my story, now ! :D It's kind of amusing how many of you pointed out toilets, when it never even entered my mind for a second XD

Welcome back, Sparrow! Sorry for not acknowledging you the other day; I had to be quick :p

The Worst Username wrote:@Ranger
Happy birthday! What did you do for it--eat cake, hide in your room?
Thank you! :D I actually went to work.... Haha, but it was okay; my job is cool cx I just hung around with my fam for most of it, to be honest cx <3 But we had mince pie for tea and baked alaska for pudding! So yes, cakee~! XD and for the first time ever I got to stay up 'til the time I was born, yeeeey!! :D 11:36pm :D

Moriarty x. wrote:@Ranger happy belated birthday!
Thanks! :D

Moriarty x. wrote:I made a signature instead of writing. Again. I really should be writing guys we saw gotg2 yesterday and I cried
why you do this now i'm sadd
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Sun May 28, 2017 3:52 pm

Ehhh, I have an idea for one of Floki's prompts, but it's really really mean to one of my characters. I'm going to write it as soon as I have enough energy

guys we saw gotg2 yesterday and I cried

Me too. A little bit anyway

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me