❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby Silver Pandorica » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:11 am

*falls into forum* I’M ALIVE
I haven’t posted here in so?? Long?? Oh my freaking goodness. Just...hi. Hello. Buenos Dias (I hate Spanish class guys). Nothing really interesting has been up with me, I was just too lazy to keep up with the thread and I got really distracted with some other stuff.

I think I finished like one chapter of CITR since I last posted here? I know, pathetic. Nevertheless, one is better than none. Anyway, don’t mind me. I’m just going to answer these questions here c:

Have you ever written fanfiction? If yes, what was it of? If no, would you consider it?
Yes. *dips head in shame* Every bit of fanfaction I’ve ever written, which really isn’t much, is always horrible. The only one I can really recall at the moment is a teensy little thing I did on Miraculous Ladybug. I didn’t get very far before the cringe was too much and I stopped. I’ve also done roleplay a that take place in the Percy Jackson universe, if that counts.

Honestly though, I’d love to do fanfiction of a video game sometime. Like a Mario or Animal Crossing game. That sounds like fun, heheh ^^

What is your favorite genre to write? Read?
Write: Realistic fiction, fantasy, adventure, dystopian.
Read: Realistic fiction, fantasy, adventure, dystopian.
I read what I write, I write what I read.

What is your least favorite genre to write? Read?
I absolutely despise horror, as I’ve got a weak stomach and can’t handle gore. Ah, and I’m a wimp. Yep. Scary stuff is not my thing. Also, I don’t like heavy romance and smut. Romance is fine, just not as the entire plot, and not as...well, something innapropriate for children.

What are your thoughts on werewolves and vampires always being "hot" or "sexy" in YA novels?
Never read a novel with either. I’ve seen the Twilight movies, lol. They were okay (don’t hate me). But the concept is just so overused that I prefer not to read it. It’s pretty much just the same thing over and over again.

Can you listen to music with lyrics, or can you only listen to instrumental music while writing?
If I listen to any music at all, it’s usually ones without lyrics. If I try to listen to music with lyrics when I’m writing, I’ll end up diverting too much attention to the song and get really distracted.

I need some help? How do you guys come up with good plotlines? Cuz I've only ever really come up with one and I don't know how to recreate that process. I have at least one character, and a couple of random ideas. Any advice would be appreciated!
A couple random ideas is all you need, dude. That’s all most of us can come up with, haha. Just take those ideas and shape and refine them. It’s a lot harder than it sounds, I won’t lie. I get a lot of little ideas for new stories all the time, but never really use them because I don’t take the time to plan anything out. I just wish ideas would come for the book I’m already writing and not always for a new story...

What's in your writer's survival kit?
My phone. That’s where I jot ideas down and even do some of my writing. And water, cause water keeps you hydrated. Idk.

Are there any stories you're putting off writing? Why?
YES please help me
I dunno, cause I’m lazy I guess. And it’s like, I think about my book all the time. What’s going to happen next and stuff. But by the time I actually get to where I have to write that part, Iowa interest. It’s like I get bored or something. Or I just draw a complete blank. *sigh*

What would you consider your magnum opus?
I guess CITR. I’m 30 chapters in and people seem to like what they’ve read. That’s pretty cool ^^

What are your favorite character tropes to use in your writing? To see in other writing?
Hm...I always have like the “loner” character. But, it’s done so often that it has to be done well. AND they have to be a loner for a reason, and that reason can’t be because they want to seem cool or edgy. I have used this character, probabaly one too many times. I just can’t resisg tbh. I should branch out more.

Do you prefer developing characters or plot first? Why?
Characters! In my story, the plot pretty much revolves around the characters. I mean, there’s other stuff too, but you know...I just think it’s more fun, to be honest. I loveeeeee creating new characters!

What do you do to help get you "in the mood"?
Pfft, I dunno. Usually I’ll just wait for a strike of inspiration and ride it out until it’s gone. It tends to get me through a chapter or two. If anyone else has a better method, please let me know. I will love you forever.
Hi, I'm Silver! Local socially
awkward English nerd, cat
lover, co-owner of floravits,
and Animal Crossing fan.
♡♡♡
art threadtrade thread
Silver Pandorica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby geto » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:38 am

Owo just discovered this thread and thought I'll post on it,,

I love answering questions so-

Have you ever written fanfiction? If yes, what was it of? If no, would you consider it?
Yea I have! My first was 2 years back on Antisepticeye and Darkiplier (which has been deleted because of the amount of cringe I've gotten looking back at it),,yea I know,,I'm such a nerd. But recently I've been coming up with a plot of a combination of The Purge x Dystopian/Hunger Games? We'll see how that goes, but knowing me I'll probably end up chugging the plot down a bin as I always do when I can't figure out an ending.

What is your favorite genre to write? Read?
I lean more towards romance/fantasy/post-apocalypse and even occasionally, war. I'm more of a dark typed writer than those sappy happy stories.
Fantasy is definitely a yes though, not much of romance since all the plots are always the same thing over and over again.

What is your least favorite genre to write? Read?
Horror, I mean,,wattpad isn't exactly the best place to look for horror stories that suit to my liking. Never considered writing one either.

What are your thoughts on werewolves and vampires always being "hot" or "sexy" in YA novels?
Well,,in most books I've read, vampires are either stereotyped as "hot" or "dark and sexy", personally, I don't think vampires go well with high schools but hey, you do you;).
Personally fine with anything but just don't go too overboard with it, though werewolves could be considered (to me) more of a "dark typed" character than a hot and sexy one. Again, just an opinion here!

1. Plots
3. Lots of papers and imagination and inspirational music.
2. A bin to chug all plots down to when I lose the motivation:')

Gosh, tons. Way too many to count. Honestly I'm really disappointed in myself as I could always think up a good starting, and then never ever finding a way to end it cus I'll find it either 1. Very confusing, 2. Clashes with what the story should be focusing on and 3. Never finding the right words or phrases to describe a scene perfectly.
Anyone that wants to help me w that, I'll gladly appreciate it:'')

Nothing much really, but if I have to choose, it'll be my newest book that is in the making, 'Pure Blood'.

What are your favorite character tropes to use in your writing? To see in other writing?
Leaning more towards the loner/troubled one, idk it just seems to get to me as he/she tries to fight for something but no one listens and they lose everything that they have.
Something like the bad side of having immortality.

Plot honeslty, characters can then be developed to fit right into the plot later on so it would be a tad bit easier rather than twisting the story to fit your character's traits.

Other books or fantasy typed music to get my imagination flowing
nothing 2 see here! finally back after a long long while.

struggling college art student. he/him.
geto

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby faerie; » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:23 am

i have stuff to yell about that i'd love opinions on but i'd also love to answer some questions from the other members so here we go :b

have you ever written fanfiction? if yes, what was it of? if no, would you consider it?
i mean, it's in-between i guess? i've written 'fanfiction' of warriors, i guess, but involving my own characters. personally, i'm not the biggest fan of fanfiction involving the actual characters in a game or book.

what is your favorite genre to write? read?
i love fantasy, mystery and dystopian things. also, supernatural / folklore kind of things. history would probably be somewhere in there too!

what is your least favorite genre to write? read?
i don't read a lot, but i hate writing nonfiction based things for my classes, as lots of us feel the same :b

what are your thoughts on werewolves and vampires always being "hot" or "sexy" in ya novels?
not a big fan of them, but marceline from adventure time is a good character so :b i'd give them a 4/10

can you listen to music with lyrics, or can you only listen to instrumental music while writing?
i usually just listen to music that fits what i'm writing. i usually just use ambient sound, but if i find a song that fits a certain character or scene i'm writing, i'll play that on repeat.

i need some help? how do you guys come up with good plotlines? cuz i've only ever really come up with one and i don't know how to recreate that process. i have at least one character, and a couple of random ideas. any advice would be appreciated!
pinterest, lots and lots of pinterest! some call it procrastinating actually writing, but it helps. i have multiple boards for ideas and specific characters; making separate pinterest accounts for each major idea can keep it organized.

what's in your writer's survival kit?
my laptop, chickensmoothie, pinterest, the google docs app on my phone, and friends on in the background.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

okay, so i'm ready to yell! i have this story i've yet to write where theres a country where folklore creatures live. like demons,
werewolves, faeries, etc. they have powers too, which are identified by a ring that must always be worn. they can't leave the country, because outside of the walls are the normal people; regular humans. if the regular people saw a folklore creature, they could be harmed bc of the creatures powers. so with that out of the way, we have 8 teens who haven't entirely got their powers under control. but they think the government is pretty dumb and they want to see what's outside of the country walls, so they manage to escape with two vans and gas station fruit. since, again, theyre endangering the regular humans by being out and not having control over their powers, the police try to hunt them down. during all of this, they need to approach their inner struggles and learn how to have a hand on their powers so that they don't go all willy nilly whenever.

i have the 4 girl characters laid out, but i don't really like writing guys. but i also want it to be equal. u see the issue here? i have two werewolves (twins) a faerie and a demon. issue is, i also really want to have a siren .. and a nymph .. and a faun .. and an angel .. so much i wanna include but i dont think having 8 girls and 4 boys would be very helpful to me, since id have to write all of them ;____; but they do have a pinterest account for all my ideas, which you can find here. i'd love feedback on the idea and how to improve it. thanks so much!
faerie;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:22 am

Hey! Welcome, @Oaks! We're all a bit crazy here, so be warned XD. Watch out for carrots, they're deadly! But yeah, welcome and enjoy your stay!

Can you listen to music with lyrics, or can you only listen to instrumental music while writing?
I can listen to music with lyrics. Sometimes it even helps me get into the world I'm writing in.

I need some help? How do you guys come up with good plotlines? Cuz I've only ever really come up with one and I don't know how to recreate that process. I have at least one character, and a couple of random ideas. Any advice would be appreciated!
I honestly don't know sorry... the last big story I started I had no idea where I was going, just that I wanted to start with a character waking up with no memory. So I started writing and almost a year later I have the first draft of three books done and some great characters and I honestly have no idea how that happened... sorry, I'm not very helpful.

Laptop, Spotify, headphones, snacks (crackers of some kind, shapes are the best, beef cup-a-soups (they're exactly what they sound like) maybe some nuts and/or pretzels), maybe a notebook and pen.

A couple of fanfictions that have been floating in the back of my mind... none really tbh.

Regrets. I wrote it like two years ago, so it's probably not as good as I remember it, but I am still really happy with it!

What are your favourite character tropes to use in your writing? To see in other writing?
The stern commander/authority person who seems all rough and angry on the outside but cares for his underlings a lot and becomes kinda a father figure. I know it's cliche, but I really like the tough, badass guy (or gal) who is actually really insecure and struggling with a lot. And my favourite is the steadfast friend who never gives up on his friends and is really loyal. (Honestly, like all of my favourite characters are like this. Sam Gamgee. Leo Fitz (my bby) and other)

Kinda both at the same time tbh. I usually write the whole story and develop characters as I go.

Durning nano I would clean my desk space, lay out food, maybe make a drink, put on some music, and close the browser.

Do you ever have ideas that you feel that you're not 'good enough' as a writer to start yet? How would you overcome this as a barrier?
I haven't really... but I have felt like I'm not the right person to tell the story I've thought of. The story I did for Nano a few years back was about Arthur Pendragon coming back, and as a New Zealander I really didn't feel like I should be the person writing the story. (It turned out bad, so that's fine)

winged-backpack wrote:(I have some not-writing-related good news that I just need to get out somewhere but I got offered a place my dream university!! I'm super excited!! Sorry, bit off topic but I just need to get it out ^^')

Dude! That's awesome! Congratulations!

Silver Pandorica wrote:What would you consider your magnum opus?
I guess CITR. I’m 30 chapters in and people seem to like what they’ve read. That’s pretty cool ^^

It is a good story my friend. A very good one :)

faerie; wrote:okay, so i'm ready to yell! i have this story i've yet to write where theres a country where folklore creatures live. like demons,
werewolves, faeries, etc. they have powers too, which are identified by a ring that must always be worn. they can't leave the country, because outside of the walls are the normal people; regular humans. if the regular people saw a folklore creature, they could be harmed bc of the creatures powers. so with that out of the way, we have 8 teens who haven't entirely got their powers under control. but they think the government is pretty dumb and they want to see what's outside of the country walls, so they manage to escape with two vans and gas station fruit. since, again, theyre endangering the regular humans by being out and not having control over their powers, the police try to hunt them down. during all of this, they need to approach their inner struggles and learn how to have a hand on their powers so that they don't go all willy nilly whenever.

i have the 4 girl characters laid out, but i don't really like writing guys. but i also want it to be equal. u see the issue here? i have two werewolves (twins) a faerie and a demon. issue is, i also really want to have a siren .. and a nymph .. and a faun .. and an angel .. so much i wanna include but i dont think having 8 girls and 4 boys would be very helpful to me, since id have to write all of them ;____; but they do have a pinterest account for all my ideas, which you can find here. i'd love feedback on the idea and how to improve it. thanks so much!

That sounds cool! Why not make the siren, nymph, faun and angel boys then? Unless you already have creatures set out for them...

So in two weeks, I shall be starting High School for the first time! I've been homeschooled all my life until now, and it's going to be a bit of a change! So idk how much writing I will get done this year, and I wanna ask you guys for some ideas.
I want to enter a competition that closes at the end of February. The prompt is the story has to start with 'there was a knock at the door.' I have a few ideas, but I honestly don't know what to write about...any suggestions for coming up with an idea?
"An eye for an eye
Hello! I'm Wren! I'm in my mid-teens and live
in New Zealand. I enjoy writing, reading, watching videos,
cosplaying, and drawing occasionally! I'm a Christian,
and always up to meeting new friends!

~ P ~ M ~ A ~
| Stories| A03 | Wattpad |
| RWBY | Merlin | Doctor Who | HP |
| 🐦| 🐺 | 🔬 | 🦊 |
|

and the world goes blind."
Woogwoo Wren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:34 pm

winged-backpack wrote:!I have some not-writing-related good news that I just need to get out somewhere but I got offered a place my dream university!! I'm super excited!! Sorry, bit off topic but I just need to get it out ^^')
WOOP WOOP!!! That's so exciting, congratulations!! :D :D

Do you ever have ideas that you feel that you're not 'good enough' as a writer to start yet? How would you overcome this as a barrier?
Yes, sadly :I I had to tell myself every time I thought about the story: 'It's bad now and that's okay, because I'll rewrite it later. This is the start, not the end; I jut need to get the bare bones down, and that's all I'm doing.'

Silver, you live!

Welcome, Oaks! I see you've been warned away from carrots ;p

Welcome back, Fae! Maybe you could write several books all set in the same world? Then you could have however many characters you want!
Last edited by Ranger of the North on Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Pandorica » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:11 am

@Wren- Heh, thank you <3
@Fae- All you need is a van and some gas station fruit and you’re good to go 👌🏻 Haha. But seriously, you could make those characters guys. Sirens, angels, etc. they don’t have to be girls. Eight characters is quite a lot to handle, as well. You might want to consider cutting it down, but that’s not necessary. It can work if done right. It’d be really cool if you switched between POV’s of the characters. Oh, and maybe they could each have different reasons for rebelling and leaving the city. Not just, you know, cause they don’t want to follow the rules. Maybe they have a very personal reason for going. Perhaps a family member ventured out and never came back, or they really want to see a human and interact with them, or just because they want to see the outside world. It sounds like a really cool idea so far and I’d love to see what you come up with <3
@Ranger- Yay, life! XD
@Backpack- How did I not see this before?? Congrats, man!! That’s awesome!
Hi, I'm Silver! Local socially
awkward English nerd, cat
lover, co-owner of floravits,
and Animal Crossing fan.
♡♡♡
art threadtrade thread
Silver Pandorica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:15 pm

Silver Pandorica wrote:@Ranger- Yay, life! XD
Wootwoot! XD
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby danheng » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:25 am

woo I'll answer questions later
heyo I wrote three dialogue prompts to develop a pair of ocs and honestly, it's so fun

and welcome, new friends <3
danheng

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby anxious ghost » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:46 pm

Welcome new peeps! Stay away from carrots. I'm Quincy c:

Thank you to everyone for answering my question! I'm gonna hunt around pinterest for some prompts for ideas.

@Dev congrats! That's awesome c:

@Ranger it's HP? It's red, idk. I honestly know nothing about computers, lol.

@Silver man I thought you died too, lol. Welcome back c: your avatar's cute; Ten is adorable

@cosmic quark *screeches* you like Raven Cycle?? And PJO? Feel free to scream at me whenever

@faerie; it's your story, you can do whatever you want! There's nothing wrong with having more female characters than male, if that's what you're comfortable writing.
You can do all of those, and put twists on the original myths (like sirens were almost always female, but no one's stopping you from having a male siren, etc).
But yeah. Your story sounds really cool, btw c:

Laptop, character development notebooks, drinks + snacks, youtube, pinterest, and NO FAMILY MEMBERS/PETS.

*laughs for a million years*

The story I'm working on right now. It doesn't have a title (lol again, the poor thing) but I've posted about it here a lot.

I don't really know?

I use character development as an excuse to not write, so probably that...
And, I mean like, you can (for the most part) put one character into any number of stories with little issue. But what's a plot without those specific characters?

I just... don't.

I always think this kinda stuff? I struggle with this every day, so I can't really help there.
╔════════════════════╗
ghost // they/it
nonbinary // queer
ghostkin // otherkin

just a gay lil ghost
not very active anymore

sig by me
╚════════════════════╝
anxious ghost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winged-backpack » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:07 am

@Oaks
Welcome! (Bit late, sorry)

Guys, guys I found the notebook where I first started brainstorming 10,000 Doors and it's really weird. It looks like I originally wanted to do 4 doors each chapter but aside from that not a lot has changed. My notes say "f'd up s Beijing each door" and that's pretty much it

Apparently I almost named Femie "Elfleda" because I used to be an Edgy Character Namer™. She could also have been Ricki lmao

That's all really
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
call me devon or dev (i'm a mess and so is my gender
they/them pronouns) I love Harry Potter, Star Wars,
and Tim Burton films. Birthday is 27th October ^^

Feel free to PM me about anything!

intj, chaotic neutral, ravenclaw, scorpio

my art shop//also I'm writing a book (16+)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me