❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby Ranger of the North » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:13 am

none of this exists. wrote:I'm back, I guess. I haven't really written anything, but that's not new.
I just skimmed through cuz it was like ten pages.
Welcome baaaack!

none of this exists. wrote:@Ranger man, I'm sorry about your budgie. We have two; a green girl named Miss Lady (she's mine) and my sister's is a blue boy named Taq. I can't imagine losing Missy, I'm sorry.
Thanks, man. It's pretty tough :(

none of this exists. wrote:I really wanna write but I've been dead and really depressed so I've just been coding lol
Aw, poor Stevie *hugs*
Hope you feel better soon! c:

morioh wrote:I'm actually not sure if I want to continue the advent challenge anymore.
It was a good idea but I'm not too stable at the moment and I need time to myself because there's this thing I want to write, just to vent and stuff. It's a slam poem. I'm at a thousand words and I'm still going. Geez. There's a lot on my chest.
Oh wow, that's impressive! Hope you're okay <3

What's your biggest worry when writing a character of a different race/religion/culture to you?
That I'll do it wrong, or put too much of /my/ culture into it. I like to try and find people from said culture, so they can steer me in the right direction, haha :p But that can make it really hard, so tbh I mainly just invent my own XD

winged-backpack wrote:@Ranger
I'm glad you didn't notice, I felt like such an idiot when I realised :lol:
Hahahaha XD But hey, at least you did realise! C:

winged-backpack wrote:(little off topic, but guess who made their sig all Christmassy but still kept the same theme ^^)
(Ha-ha! Clever :p)
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Pandorica » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:23 am

@Ranger One of your birdos is gone? Aw fren, I’m so sorry :((

What's your biggest worry when writing a character of a different race/religion/culture to you?
Getting something wrong and offending those people. That’s kinda why I just tend to not right for other cultures...I would really love to, but I’m afraid I’d get something really wrong. I do have a Hispanic character though, so I mean? I suppose as long as I do my research it should be okay...
Hi, I'm Silver! Local socially
awkward English nerd, cat
lover, co-owner of floravits,
and Animal Crossing fan.
♡♡♡
art threadtrade thread
Silver Pandorica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby anxious ghost » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:02 am

@dev thanks! I'ma make a thread for prompts that I say I'm gonna do.

@Ranger thanks man. I appreciate it c:

Making them into a token character.

So I wrote a couple little things last night. They aren't edited and the run on sentences are pretty bad. They're also really self indulgent. I wrote the first one because I was sad after rereading the second one.
this is really shippy wrote:Spencer hated the snow.

It was cold and wet and slippery and reminded him of the leaky roof he'd slept under as a child.
But when it snowed, Toby lit up. His eyes sparkled and his smile met them happily and laughter bubbled out of him freely.
He'd never really gotten to experience it as a child, because, as a child who got sick easily, he was forced inside when it got too cold.
So even as an adult and having been around snow for a dozen years, he still lit up with this childlike wonder that made Spencer's heart stutter and hurt.
Toby would eventually turn that fascinated gaze upon Spencer, looking at him like he was something beautiful and worth watching.
Spencer would always turn like he was looking behind him and make a joke like "Someone catch your eye?" to try to deflect, and Toby would always tell him "Only you."

Spencer loved the snow.

this is shippy too and spoilery wrote:"Who made you so cold, jokrin?" She asked, black eyes searching purple.
"Life did, adertul. I've had everything I love taken away so many times. First my mother, then you, then my father, then my brother. I almost lost the two of you so many times. Even my kingdom, I lost. I lost myself. How can I keep warm when life is so cold?"
She was fading fast. The dead could only be brought back for so long, and she'd been wounded in the battle.
She kissed Delta for the last time.
"Light a fire, jokrin. Watch the world burn."

*jokrin meaning river lily and adertul meaning fire bird I didn't make those up, not at all...

I just looked up "does cannibalism still count if you eat a vegetarian" and "can you be a vegetarian and a cannibal"
Ah yes, the life of a writer
it wasn't for writing my sister wanted to know
╔════════════════════╗
ghost // they/it
nonbinary // queer
ghostkin // otherkin

just a gay lil ghost
not very active anymore

sig by me
╚════════════════════╝
anxious ghost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:23 pm

Silver Pandorica wrote:@Ranger One of your birdos is gone? Aw fren, I’m so sorry :.((
Yeah :( Thanks, man. Keith was the best ).:.)

none of this exists. wrote:@Ranger thanks man. I appreciate it c:
No worries c:

Wait, Delta has a love-interest?! :o
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yubel Fated » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:06 pm

Gah my internet is being a buttface.

this is really shippy wrote:Spencer hated the snow.

It was cold and wet and slippery and reminded him of the leaky roof he'd slept under as a child.
But when it snowed, Toby lit up. His eyes sparkled and his smile met them happily and laughter bubbled out of him freely.
He'd never really gotten to experience it as a child, because, as a child who got sick easily, he was forced inside when it got too cold.
So even as an adult and having been around snow for a dozen years, he still lit up with this childlike wonder that made Spencer's heart stutter and hurt.
Toby would eventually turn that fascinated gaze upon Spencer, looking at him like he was something beautiful and worth watching.
Spencer would always turn like he was looking behind him and make a joke like "Someone catch your eye?" to try to deflect, and Toby would always tell him "Only you."

Spencer loved the snow.

I loved how Spencer changed his feelings about winter due to Toby looking so happy in it. Its so cute and fluffy and just help me i'm drownin in the fluff over here. Despite his former hatred of it. (Though tbh it could be the in the moment things. Where even though you hate something it comes back whenever that special someone isnt around)

Its also interesting how they only speak at the end. But gah! So cute! (Excuse me fangirling lmao)

this is shippy too and spoilery wrote:"Who made you so cold, jokrin?" She asked, black eyes searching purple.
"Life did, adertul. I've had everything I love taken away so many times. First my mother, then you, then my father, then my brother. I almost lost the two of you so many times. Even my kingdom, I lost. I lost myself. How can I keep warm when life is so cold?"
She was fading fast. The dead could only be brought back for so long, and she'd been wounded in the battle.
She kissed Delta for the last time.
"Light a fire, jokrin. Watch the world burn."

..... I also ship it. Jokrtul. ... Is the only words I can think of right now. But I'm just a sucker for sad scenes I guess.

That and my love for people telling other people to go burn things when they die. But if all else fails. Blow it up and hope that whoever told you to light the blaze is watching with amusement and pride. Though the slowburn. The slow burn relationship. I havent even read the book and I ship it!

But at the same time. Taking a step back here from Shadow the fangirl. Just those dialogue choices really set off a lot of red flags. Not the bad ones mind you. More of, Oh gog. They're dying. Its really happening. Its for real. You can tell, or at least make an educated guess at the tone of which they're speaking, whats happening before the narrator even says anything.

The

friggen

feels.

I love it! Aka oop welp I dont need feels.

I had written and posted a little part of my story that I was questioning then noticed that my responses were short and very not helpful...... How do words.... So I deleted the post and typed this up again...... Because its 11 pm and things are not interesting.

I also felt bad about answering with those short and horrible answers before asking people to read mine. :T It was horribly rude in my opinion. Not only that but I still feel a bit awkward asking for stuff like this. Bc I'm strange. Yay.

But Ive also added more.... So hopefully that... helps. I guess..

Tempting Fate wrote:"What was that?" A voice startled Ari out of his thoughts, "Why'd you black out yesterday?"

The white haired male thought for a moment for a good cop out answer, "I didn't have enough to eat yesterday." He fumbled while beating himself up mentally. What else could he have used?

Cheren frowned and his ocean eyes narrowed, "It isn't more than that?" The male propped himself up on his elbows, "Arianna Hyuuga."

He flinched at the use of his full name, "No nothing more than that Cheren." Ocean eyes narrowed more and Ari sighed. "Look Cheren. Its nothing to worry about. Its just me being me."

The ravenette looked livid at the answer he'd been given. "Its nothing to worry about? Its just you being you?!" He spat, "Do you have any idea how many times I've heard that inconsiderate bull from you? The last time I heard that from you Arianna, you left the damn country! For two years. Two years!"

Ari opened his mouth to answer but was silenced with a hand in the air.

"No phone call! No transceiver! Nothing! You act like you're all high and mighty with your grown up things when in reality you're only a 19 year old with too many secrets! What are you hiding from us today Arianna? Your real gender? Maybe the fact that you've been playing God all this time and plan on using us in your little game. Hm? Why are you still here?! So you can play with our emotions?"

Bianca whimpered and curled up into a ball, her hands over her ears as she tried to drown out Cheren.

Ari on the other hand sat on the bed, watching his friend quietly. He knew Cheren was right, so why bother running away or denying the truth of his words?

Cheren was quick to jump on his silence, "Why aren't you answering?! Is it because i'm right?" He growled, "Are we your worthless pawns to throw away when the convenience arises? Why were you gone for so long? Can't you have the decency to answer my question?!"

"Cheren stop." Bianca whispered her body trembling. "He- he wouldn't do that."

The ravenette rounded on her, "How would you know that Bianca?" he snapped in frustration. "He's lied to you as much as he's lied to me."

For a minute the room fell silent. An uncomfortable silence that made Ari's nerves coil. He'd never wanted to hurt his friends. He lied to keep his friends safe... But at what cost?

Finally, Ari got up. "Then i'll leave." He murmured making Cheren freeze and Bianca bolt to her feet.

"Leave?" The blonde asked anxiously her green eyes flicking between the two males. "You're... You're going to leave? But... But..... But Ari you promised that you'd travel with us."

Sighing, his gunmetal blue eyes left the stunning sight of the ground. He almost wished he'd never looked up into Bianca's devastated face. "Obviously I'm not wanted here. So. Its the best option to keep the peace. So goodbye Beebs.... Cheren."

Beautiful green eyes filled up with tears as she tried to hold them back.

Collecting his things, Ari paused in the doorway to look back at Cheren. "Take care of her." not waiting for the male to answer, Ari slung the pack on his back while closing the door.

"Stop him!" he heard Bianca plead as he walked away from the hotel room they'd shared. He was too far away to hear Cheren's answer. Though he suspected it was something having to do with Ari having his own decisions.

Who knew with him?

Ari slammed his hand into the button and sighed as the elevator whirred. Why was running the only thing he could do? He growled at himself as he stepped into the elevator scaring the trainer girl already inside. Sending a small smile her way in apology he pressed the first floor button. There were many things he could have done differently. There were many ways to deal with things.

He always chose to run away.

Ari flinched as Sevvy popped out of his pokeball comfortably sitting on his backpack. A confused look crossed his face as he tilted his head. There was nothing he could really do besides moving forward. With or without his friends - ex friends(???) - he'd see Unova. He'd see the sights. Smell the smells.

By Arceus what was he doing...?

I'm not your protagonist I'm not even my own
I don't know anything I don't even know what I don't know

And if you look outside you'll see disintegrating trees

╔══════════════╗
Name: Shadow
Profile: Judai/Jaden Yuki
Previous: Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
Call me anything though! So be creative!
~Credit~
╚══════════════╝

The artificial way the sunlight bounces off of
g̸̢̮̥̏͝l̷͔̘͍̑̍͝ì̶̛̠̖̒t̸̢̰̩̀̔̾̕c̴̨̘͌̄̈́̿h̶̡͙͔̫̆͜͝í̴̝̎͛̀n̵̡̘̰̈́̔ḡ̷̢̨̫̬̓̀ leaves

────────────────

Yubel Fated

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NopesaurusRexx » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:08 am

Wow I haven't been on here in forever! Hi, again lol

Pretty much what other people have said. I've never had experience as a different race or culture so I feel as though I cannot adequately write about that. I would love to e able to write diversely, but I do not want to offend anyone of those races or cultures by not getting them right. I try and do extensive research before writing anything other than what I am and what I know.

"You wanna make yourself useful?"
"Not particularly."

ALL PETS IN THE GROUPS MARKED TRADE GROUP ARE CURRENTLY FREE
NopesaurusRexx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:48 pm

Naw, that's really sad, Winter. I want to know more about these characters and what on earth is goin' on wi't 'em 0,0 That was really tense, and you portrayed it well! c:

'Eyy, welcome back, Rexx! :.D
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Teya~ » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:22 pm

What projects are you working on right now? A 'lil somethin' c;

What's your biggest worry when writing a character of a different race/religion/culture to you? The most obvious thing is, you don't want to mess up. It'd really suck to misrepresent ^one of the above^
I'm doing a story right now and the character is Japanese and and also lives in Japan, but since I've never been there, the best I can really do is look up interesting things about their culture and incorporate them into the story. cx

I haz a smol question ;00
Code: Select all
[b]Since it's getting mighty close to Christmas, has anyone written a Christmas / Hanukkah / other type story?[/b]
Sherlock, Downton Abbey, Once Upon a Time, Supernatural, Psych, and Doctor Who NERD. My Viscets RP
Image Image Image
I'm also a Viscet nerd c: If you haven't heard of them click here and tell them I referred you please ^-^
Check out my NEW and improved Art Shop! My prices are still negotiable c:
My WIP story, ♛ The Prince, ⚔ the Soldier, & the Gifted ☀ #2 <3
~Teya~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:30 pm

Since it's getting mighty close to Christmas, has anyone written a Christmas / Hanukkah / other type story?
Nope! I was keen to redo my christmas short-story from last year, but I think I've run out of time now cx
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yubel Fated » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:43 pm

Since it's getting mighty close to Christmas, has anyone written a Christmas / Hanukkah / other type story?

Pfft no. I did awhile back though was a songshot and was cringy xD

I'm not your protagonist I'm not even my own
I don't know anything I don't even know what I don't know

╔══════════════╗
Name: Shadow
Profile: Judai/Jaden Yuki
Previous: Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
Call me anything though! So be creative!
~Credit~
╚══════════════╝

The artificial way the sunlight bounces off of
g̸̢̮̥̏͝l̷͔̘͍̑̍͝ì̶̛̠̖̒t̸̢̰̩̀̔̾̕c̴̨̘͌̄̈́̿h̶̡͙͔̫̆͜͝í̴̝̎͛̀n̵̡̘̰̈́̔ḡ̷̢̨̫̬̓̀ leaves

────────────────

Yubel Fated

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes