❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby Shrewd » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:24 pm

Did you teach yourself to write all on your own, or did you have help? (school n stuff or other writers, etc):
Well, I had small help. Not directly from a source, but from reading as a passion. School did assign many essays, but not
often to the point you would be improving or learning the main centerpiece of what writing is. So technically speaking, yes
I learned off the work of other writers.
╭ ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ╮
ㅤ* she/her ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ Image
ㅤ* intj
ㅤ* true neutral
ㅤ* trades
ㅤ* film & books
ㅤ* phantom thread (2017)
╰ ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ╯
Shrewd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yubel Fated » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:06 pm

Did you teach yourself to write all on your own, or did you have help? (school n stuff or other writers, etc):

I pretty much taught myself school, like someone above, didn't give too many essays to improve writing. Though I will admit my mom helped :3

I'm not your protagonist I'm not even my own
I don't know anything I don't even know what I don't know

And if you look outside you'll see disintegrating trees

╔══════════════╗
Name: Shadow
Profile: Judai/Jaden Yuki
Previous: Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
Call me anything though! So be creative!
~Credit~
╚══════════════╝

The artificial way the sunlight bounces off of
g̸̢̮̥̏͝l̷͔̘͍̑̍͝ì̶̛̠̖̒t̸̢̰̩̀̔̾̕c̴̨̘͌̄̈́̿h̶̡͙͔̫̆͜͝í̴̝̎͛̀n̵̡̘̰̈́̔ḡ̷̢̨̫̬̓̀ leaves

────────────────

Yubel Fated

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shrewd » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:13 pm

What POV is your favorite?:
I prefer writing or reading in first person perspective. It would tell us not just the scenario from their eyes, but the emotion, and the way they interpret the atmosphere.

Who do you take inspiration from?:
I take my inspiration from music. I use to close my eyes while listening to music and imagine how the music video would look like.
After that I turned to writing stories and plots from the amount of things happening in my brain.

Have you ever tried writing a novel on Chicken Smoothie?;
I am currently in the process of planning one. But I don't think I'll ever publish or start it from my horrible procrastination habit.
╭ ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ╮
ㅤ* she/her ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ Image
ㅤ* intj
ㅤ* true neutral
ㅤ* trades
ㅤ* film & books
ㅤ* phantom thread (2017)
╰ ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ╯
Shrewd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:06 pm

Well, my mom taught me how to spell and stuff... but I guess I taught myself to write and stuff? I mean I read a few books, but that was after I was really into it.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Teya~ » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:08 pm

WinterSerperior wrote:Did you teach yourself to write all on your own, or did you have help? (school n stuff or other writers, etc):

I pretty much taught myself school, like someone above, didn't give too many essays to improve writing. Though I will admit my mom helped :3

Oh, same! I'm homeschooled so I pretty much teach myself. c:
Sherlock, Downton Abbey, Once Upon a Time, Supernatural, Psych, and Doctor Who NERD. My Viscets RP
Image Image Image
I'm also a Viscet nerd c: If you haven't heard of them click here and tell them I referred you please ^-^
Check out my NEW and improved Art Shop! My prices are still negotiable c:
My WIP story, ♛ The Prince, ⚔ the Soldier, & the Gifted ☀ #2 <3
~Teya~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:13 pm

Do you think you have a particular genre you stick to? Would you say you are a "(genre) writer"?
I always stick with adventure, and almost always have fantasy, but I'm not sure if I could be classed as an adventure writer?

I began writing on my own, and then Mum got me the IEW grammar-books, which are great! My grammatical knowledge and more formal-writing knowledge I learnt from IEW (and a bit of observation), and a lot of my structural knowledge I actually learned here! I have this thing where I find so, so often that I know how to use things or do things or know things, but I don't know the correct label or name for it? Like the oxford-comma; I knew how to use it, but I had no idea it had a name — it's like having the knowhow and skill to fire a weapon, but not knowing the name XD Peeps on this thread (and Inklings) unwittingly gave me a lot of names for things :D

~Teya~ wrote:
WinterSerperior wrote:Did you teach yourself to write all on your own, or did you have help? (school n stuff or other writers, etc):

HOMESCHOOLERS FTWWWWWWW XP
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yubel Fated » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:48 pm

Ranger of the North wrote:
~Teya~ wrote:

[center]HOMESCHOOLERS FTWWWWWWW XP

I'm not actually homeschooled. I wish I was though xD It'dve saved me all of the trouble I went through due to my old Highschool.

Third. I write first sometimes. Riding the Waves is in first. but a lot of my others are in the third category.

My brain mostly. Though when it comes to Fanfiction, the world my characters are in. So I mean :T It varies.

Yes. Its still on here. I'm cringing over it though xD

Code: Select all
[b]For those who dont write fanfiction, do you consider Fanfiction to be writing?[/b]

I'm not your protagonist I'm not even my own
I don't know anything I don't even know what I don't know

╔══════════════╗
Name: Shadow
Profile: Judai/Jaden Yuki
Previous: Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
Call me anything though! So be creative!
~Credit~
╚══════════════╝

The artificial way the sunlight bounces off of
g̸̢̮̥̏͝l̷͔̘͍̑̍͝ì̶̛̠̖̒t̸̢̰̩̀̔̾̕c̴̨̘͌̄̈́̿h̶̡͙͔̫̆͜͝í̴̝̎͛̀n̵̡̘̰̈́̔ḡ̷̢̨̫̬̓̀ leaves

────────────────

Yubel Fated

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:20 pm

I don't really have one tbh. I use them all - except second.

Umm... lots of people. idk.

Yup. A couple.

Do you think you have a particular genre you stick to? Would you say you are a "(genre) writer"?
Not really... I tend to write fantasy/sci fi, but that's because I don't really have any good ideas for fiction based in the real world.

I've had a bit of help from Mum and things I've read but I mostly taught myself. I'm still learning really.
"An eye for an eye
Hello! I'm Wren! I'm in my mid-teens and live
in New Zealand. I enjoy writing, reading, watching videos,
cosplaying, and drawing occasionally! I'm a Christian,
and always up to meeting new friends!

~ P ~ M ~ A ~
| Stories| A03 | Wattpad |
| RWBY | Merlin | Doctor Who | HP |
| 🐦| 🐺 | 🔬 | 🦊 |
|

and the world goes blind."
Woogwoo Wren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Pandorica » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:33 pm

Sorry guys. Not in the best state right now, I just need a distraction from life.

First, hands down. Unless I’m roleplaying (which I use third limited), then I pretty much always use first person. Third omniscient really confuses me tbh, I get lost when reading anything written in that pov, and I’m not a huge fan of second either. First person pov just feels the most personal to me.

Ooh! My biggest writing inspiration is Rick Riordian! I love the way he writes, and he develops such strong and lovable characters. I even love the ones I hate. Except for Octavian. James Dashner has also had a huge impact on my style, and I aspire to create characters as well-developed and relatable as his.

Nah, not really my preferred site to write on. Besides, I don’t think that the direction I’m taking CITR would be very appropriate for this website.

Um...sort of, yeah? I mostly write realistic fiction or fantasy, and not much else. I’ve dabbled in sci-fi, but I’d rather read it than write it, to be honest. Same with dystopian. It’s hard to write dystopian, even though I love it so much.

Mostly self-taught. I’m sure I use tips from English teachers and stuff, and I’m always up for feedback, but yeah.

Ha, it’s kinda funny. Just a little side thing I thought of. My story CITR is very character-centered and focuses on development and relationships. All of those are things I suck at in real life. I suck at making friends, and I’ve never been in a romantic relationship, and I seriously doubt I’ll ever find someone who will love me like Kayel loves Villea c’: Guess the story is what I wish for in life. Well, some of it...definitely don’t want some of the things in there...
Hi, I'm Silver! Local socially
awkward English nerd, cat
lover, co-owner of floravits,
and Animal Crossing fan.
♡♡♡
art threadtrade thread
Silver Pandorica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arya22 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:47 pm

Ranger of the North wrote:
TheSongOfTheStars wrote:(A kitten??? What color is it? What's its name? Is it a boy or a girl?)
Yesss!! She's a girl, her name's Pūmā, and she's grey with really faint tabby markings and white socks/underparts :D

Aaaah she's adorable!!!

Technically mostly fantasy. ^^
Bookworm | she/her | bi & demisexual
I am Arya22 and I'm a female who likes reading
Pm me to chat about anything at all!
Signature coded by Amburned. Thank you!!
Arya22

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me