❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby Whispered Melody » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:45 am

Please read my mini novel!Darkness Risen:Conjured

Why do I write?

Writing helps me escape from the world. It lets me be creative and enjoy myself through writing. I'm also very bad at art?
Code: Select all
What POV is your favorite?:
Who do you take inspiration from?:
Have you ever tried writing a novel on Chicken Smoothie?;
Whispered Melody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BucketORandomness » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:27 am

What POV is your favorite?: Third limited, though I've been experimenting with first and second recently

Who do you take inspiration from?: Patrick Rothfuss and Dr. Seuss. ya, that's a weird combo

Have you ever tried writing a novel on Chicken Smoothie?; PTEN Yes? It's kinda faltered due to WB and school stuff, though...

𝕭𝖚𝖈𝖐𝖊𝖙

Not disclosing gender or age
Yes, I role play
Hey, I write! Coolio!
....Periodic Tales of an Elemental Nature
....More by Bucket
Open to making new friends!
It's my sig, but not my images
Mind. Blown. >^.^<

ImageImageImage
BucketORandomness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Whispered Melody » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:57 am

Third Omnicent. My teachers all say I'm very good at it, so it is my favorite. I also like to write in first sometimes

Who do you take inspiration from?:My teacher, Edgar Allen Poe, and ColdBowlofSoup

Maaaayybbeeee
Whispered Melody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:38 am

TheSongOfTheStars wrote:(A kitten??? What color is it? What's its name? Is it a boy or a girl?)
Yesss!! She's a girl, her name's Pūmā, and she's grey with really faint tabby markings and white socks/underparts :D

winged-backpack wrote:@ranger
the fact you had to google "crisps" made me really wonder how weird England is to the rest of the world
Then I realise we have a holiday that celebrates someone failing to blow up parliament by blowing stuff up (fireworks), and an annual TV show that sends celebrities to the Australian jungle and makes them eat bugs and face their fears (I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here! - google it, I look forward to it all year). Welcome to British culture guys ^^'
Oooh, yes I loVe Guy Fawkes day :D It is weird though, eh; I was just thinking about that while we were letting 'em off XD
I've kinda heard of that? I think? Sounds like the Hunger Games XD

What POV is your favorite?
Usually third-person limited, but first-person isn't far behind~

Who do you take inspiration from?
People who make me feel things

Have you ever tried writing a novel on Chicken Smoothie?
Nope, but I often post 'em c:
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winged-backpack » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:42 am

Ooh more questions!

What POV is your favourite?
I don't have a favourite really. I tend to write better in third person but I don't have any particular preference between omniscient or limited.

All the Romantic (movement, not genre) and Gothic authors because I just love the style and all of it. Shelley, Stoker, Poe - you name it. More modern inspiration comes from Stephen King and Margret Atwood. I loved the Handmaid's Tale when I studied it in English and it really got me back into writing properly because of all the discussions we were having and I just got really into it. That's about it really.

Nope, and I don't think I could given that I'm a horror writer and that comes with a lot of adult themes and not-cs-appropriate material. I couldn't even put my poetry on here because of the themes in it.

Gonna stick a new question in here to try to keep the thread alive :lol:
[b]Do you think you have a particular genre you stick to? Would you say you are a "(genre) writer"?[/b]

What I mean is like how I say i'm a horror writer, would you say you have a particular genre?
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
call me devon or dev (i'm a mess and so is my gender
they/them pronouns) I love Harry Potter, Star Wars,
and Tim Burton films. Birthday is 27th October ^^

Feel free to PM me about anything!

intj, chaotic neutral, ravenclaw, scorpio

my art shop//also I'm writing a book (16+)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby L.V.L » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:15 am

Do you think you have a particular genre you stick to? Would you say you are a "(genre) writer"?
    I would say I'm a horror/romatic writer.

I have, but then it started to turn into non-cs appropriate, so I had to switch over to Wattpad.

Why do you write?
    I write to let my emotions out easily. I also have so many scenarios running through my head that some of them are worth writing... if written correctly of course. I also love to see peoples reaction to what they read.
L.V.L

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BucketORandomness » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:34 pm

Do you think you have a particular genre you stick to? Would you say you are a "(genre) writer"?
Yes. I tend to write fantasy and have a ridiculously hard time with non-fantasy works. Like, seriously, how can I have five different fantasy plots bouncing in my head, but if I have to write one realistic fiction piece, it's all blank? >.<

𝕭𝖚𝖈𝖐𝖊𝖙

Not disclosing gender or age
Yes, I role play
Hey, I write! Coolio!
....Periodic Tales of an Elemental Nature
....More by Bucket
Open to making new friends!
It's my sig, but not my images
Mind. Blown. >^.^<

ImageImageImage
BucketORandomness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aliria » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:48 pm

Nope. I write everything. Usually adventure, and I tend towards spec fic (sci-fi and/or fantasy), but that's not exactly a tiny genre.

Yep, I did it a lot a few years ago. I mostly switched to posting my writing on Writer's Haven later, and more recently I haven't been posting much of anything online at all. You can find some of my old writing on here, but you should absolutely not go looking for it because it is terrible.

What POV is your favorite?
First person, but third person omni is a close second. Speaking of second, second person is pretty great to read, but I've never really written in it enough to have an opinion.

The author of... just about literally every book I've ever read.
I'll send out my soul
To worlds more beautiful

Aliria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:32 pm

Third person omniscient
Who do you take inspiration from?:
Everything.
Several times. They were epic fails.
Fantasyfantasyfantasy.....ooooh Sci-Fi.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Teya~ » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:56 pm

What POV is your favorite?: I don't even know what to call it, lol, but what I like to do is in the view (like their thoughts and their perspective) but is also kinda like a narrator over their shoulder. It's weird, but it works for me XD

Who do you take inspiration from?: J. R. R. Tolkien, basically. I started really writing for fun around the time I read The Hobbit and LOTR.

Have you ever tried writing a novel on Chicken Smoothie?; Technically, The Prince, the Soldier, & the Gifted is a novel, I'm pretty sure, with a total word count of more than 40,000 words (don't even ask how I managed that XDD).

Do you think you have a particular genre you stick to? Would you say you are a "(genre) writer"? Nah. Well, I mean, all I write is technically fantasy, because the characters I pretty much always use are viscets (a fictional species) but everything around them is like real life. I haven't done anything with magic, although now that I think about it one of the viscets is from space .. and has powers .. OKAY, never mind, I guess I do do fiction / fantasy XD I'm sorry, I'm a confusing person! Lol

I has a question ^.^
Did you teach yourself to write all on your own, or did you have help? (school n stuff or other writers, etc):

Only one writing book I had ever really inspired me to write, and it taught me a lot, but I have also self-taught myself some things to aid my writing as well, and also certain YouTubers who are writers. What did you guys do?
Sherlock, Downton Abbey, Once Upon a Time, Supernatural, Psych, and Doctor Who NERD. My Viscets RP
Image Image Image
I'm also a Viscet nerd c: If you haven't heard of them click here and tell them I referred you please ^-^
Check out my NEW and improved Art Shop! My prices are still negotiable c:
My WIP story, ♛ The Prince, ⚔ the Soldier, & the Gifted ☀ #2 <3
~Teya~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me