☾ 雨 天 ☽

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Mute button

Postby Gladis » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:26 pm

We used to be so close. What happened?

You used to tell me everything that was on your mind,
    & I would tell you the things on my mind.
    Our hearts came together like two matching pieces of a puzzle
    (or at least I thought it did).

Now only silence fills the empty distance between our minds.
    Why do I even bother?

I want to ask you what’s wrong. Why our spark became so sour.
    But I hold myself back. Perhaps you’re thinking the same too?

There is no serenity in this silence.
    Who knew silence could cut so deep?
Last edited by Gladis on Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gladis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Unorganized thoughts

Postby Gladis » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:48 pm

My thoughts are so unorganized. First page of this writing thread thingy is hella aesthetic & hot, & then the following pages are like wth lol. Even I don't understand what goes on inside my head. One moment, I want to spill my whole life story to the world, & then in the next I forget how to speak. Sometimes I reread my writing (usually cringeworthy because I regret being so emotional usually after a meltdown lmaooo) & I just think, when did I ever write this & why?

This is just a random thought though, with no meaning to it. (To add on to my unorganized spontaneous collection of thoughts)

What a day.
Gladis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Today's diary entry

Postby Gladis » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:13 pm

Taken from my comic diary thingy LMAO
Gladis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

A summary about my life:

Postby Gladis » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:26 pm

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Gladis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

A day in my life through a narrator's viewpoint

Postby Gladis » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:37 am

February 12 || A day in my life through a narrator's viewpoint
    It was freezing cold when she exited the building with her friend. Snow was fluttering down like soft down feathers. The two hurried towards the car.

It was funny how their names were so fitting. One of them was delicate and beautiful. The name Linnea fit her nature so well. She was motherly & kind, & she took care of the other girl like no one ever had. The other girl had a simple name almost as simple as her. It was rough around the edges. Liz was shorter for Elizabeth. Not quite as elegant, but it had a ring to it. Short & simple was how Liz liked it. There was a common stereotype that all Liz's was easy to get along with, & although Liz agreed with that, the name Liz wasn't enough to turn heads unlike the name Linnea. But Liz loved Linnea & Linnea loved Liz, & that was all that mattered.

Liz spilled her emotions onto Linnea as she drove towards the cafe. Why do I have to mess things up? What did he ever see in me? Linnea furrowed her brows as Liz dug deeper into her story.

"That's his loss. What was going on through his mind? To think that it was okay to send you something like that? & to suddenly cut you off like that?"

Linnea often made Liz repeat the words "I'm beautiful" to make her believe. & although Liz agreed to do so, she never agreed with Linnea's viewpoint. But for once, Liz agreed with Linnea. Though Liz hates to admit it, Liz is extremely naive. She always put herself under the ones she loves. & though it isn't always a bad thing, it sure sucked when the person she loved didn't return that love. Something clicked inside her, it was the realization that she had no love left for him. She was officially done with wasting her time & energy on the people who didn't return her feelings (for now LMAOOOO LIZ YOU FOOL).

"I know I know. I just... I feel so hurt right now."
    "Liz... You just gotta be the one to walk away first."

---------------------------------

& she was right. It hurts so much, to be honest. I'm not the type to purposely walk out of relationships like this, but I think it'd be better if we ended this unspoken contact between us. & even though it hurts like hell, I give myself the power to be myself.
Gladis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Goldfish love

Postby Gladis » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:11 pm

Goldfish love
    He spun around her,
    like she was pearls & gold.

He had so much to give,
    the ghost of his luminous reflection,
    & the soul of his goldfish eyes.

Life beyond the bowl was an endless journey,
    with more pearls he could ever offer.

But she's been belly up since the day he saw her.
    His love could never be returned,
    for she was frozen,
    lifeless & still.
Gladis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gladis » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:26 am

It's hard.
    It's so hard.

But one day I'll wake up to sunlight streaming through the edge of my window,
    to birds singing, & the smell of coffee.

& I'll know that it'll be okay.
Gladis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Hey look! The flowers are blooming again! (Ugly emotions)

Postby Gladis » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:44 pm

12:42 AM || April 4, 2018
    Anger.
    It was the only way she could describe that feeling. It is a killer who left no survivors. Guilt & regret followed closely behind. It coursed through her veins like hot poison & she wanted to spit it out. Angry at what? She didn't know for sure. Maybe because she would never live up to her expectations, or the expectations of others. Maybe it was anger at the harsh reality that she faced. Or the way her parents invalidated her feelings at times. Or maybe, it was just a lot of stress. Whatever it was, she couldn't stop herself. The idea of stopping herself from lashing out made her angrier.

& at that point, she gave up. Her actions held no regard for her well-being.
    She noticed that the green light on the dashboard indicated that it was almost 2AM as she sped recklessly across the empty streets. Normally, she'd never leave the house after 9PM. But this isn't the same girl that is controlling her body, it was what the 9-year-old version of herself called "a monster". It was the same feeling that coursed through her veins whenever her mom took her anger out on her as a child & adolescent. But her life was different now. Her mother became calm & understanding, & she was no longer a child. So why was she angry? She hasn't locked in her small closet anymore, but she still felt trapped. & that's the painful reality she has to swallow. Her momma was no longer possessed by that monster. Instead, it found its way inside of her daughter. Her hands tightened on the steering wheel as the familiar feeling of fear gripped her. She had nowhere to go. She had to turn back. Her home was empty & cold, just like her heart.

She was sitting in class the next day, nails digging anxiously into the soft flesh of her arms. Her dad had driven her to school. She was no longer allowed to drive, a punishment she knew she deserved. Anger was quickly brooding inside of her like fire in a dry forest. Her dad's ignorance was the wood that fed the fire. Her dad did nothing, & yet she was angry. She screamed at him despite the extreme guilt that followed. It made her realize why her momma used to scream & hurt her all the time. It was the childlike helplessness that pissed her off. When the boy next to her tried to start a conversation with her, she almost lashed out at him. The anger was pouring out of her like water in an overflowing cup. She had to leave in the middle of class so others wouldn't see her cry. Anger is disgusting. Anger is ugly. It was what she feared the most, but it was also the emotion she knew too well.

She didn't know who she wanted to be when she was young, but she knew who she didn't want to be. She didn't want to be her momma. In her mind, she imagined how she would treat her future children with nothing but love. But what she didn't know was that she wasn't "normal". Her family was far from "normal." She never understood why she was always the reason why counselors & teachers have class talks about abuse. She never understood why teachers were so concerned about her. She never understood why her parents fought every day, or why her dad would leave so that her momma could take her anger out on someone else. Ironically, it was almost like a curse that was passed down to her by her relatives. Her momma suffered from unloving & bashful parents, & so did all her cousins on her mom's side. Her momma probably wanted to raise her child well too. Her momma's deepest regret was letting her only child down, but regretting doesn't change the past. The biggest tragedy is that despite the fact that she hated the person her momma used to be, she was exactly like her momma. & that's what she feared the most. It took her momma over 40 years to defeat her monster. How many years would it take her to overcome it?

Her momma greeted her with a warm smile when she came home that day. Her momma didn't raise her voice when she had lashed out at her in the morning. Her momma never raised her voice anymore. When her momma wrapped her arms around her, she felt all her anger disappear. & though it felt a little unfair that she had to wait 16 years for her mom to love her, she was grateful for her love. Her momma, who had never been loved as a child, was able to change & love her. It was all she wanted.

& yes, she was still terrified of what the future had in store for her. But with her momma's newfound love for her, she felt a little bit better.

It was all she wanted.
Last edited by Gladis on Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
Gladis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☾ G l a d I D i d n ' t ☽

Postby Gladis » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:36 pm

You suffocated me with your dirty hands over my mouth.

I still remember that night where you laid by my side with your arms wrapped around me.
    I was young & naive. So naive that I believed that you had to love someone to have them under your fingertips.
    & you took advantage of that. Lied to me & told me love was false hopes & meaningless promises.

Breaking girls was the only way you could feed your self-esteem. You spoon fed me poison & laughed as I broke.
    I was just one of many.

But I know now what love feels like. I know now what love is.

I can finally breathe again.
Last edited by Gladis on Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gladis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☾ 雨 天 ☽

Postby Gladis » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:17 pm

SHOUTOUT TO whoever reads this thread & shoutout to the amazing person who complimented me :”)) ily a lot ❤️
    Dedicated to YOU all cuz you guys are amazing
    I know this is going to sound cheesy, but I feel so grateful & happy to have you guys!!

----------------------------------

Sometimes I'm so focused on myself & my own problems I forget about the people around me.
    & despite this, they don't call me selfish, or laugh at my problems that seem so insignificant.
    Random compliments from strangers, gifts from amazing users on here, & people who tolerate my emo-ness (esp on this site lmaooooo) make my life 10000% times better.
    & this is not limited friendly strangers & friends who help me grow & move on in life.
    Even criticism has benefitted me because it has helped me grow & improve.

I always thought I was alone in this struggle against myself, but I now realize how many people have stood by my side.
    Thank you for supporting me & loving me.

I'm nowhere close to being perfect. I have a short temper & I barely think before I act. But the fact that you guys can see past my flaws & still love me really brings me joy.

& I know this is very tacky & messy, but I just wanted to let you guys know how much I appreciate the things you guys do for me <3
Last edited by Gladis on Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gladis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me