♛ - an eternal conundrum - ♛

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

♛ - an eternal conundrum // ensconce

Postby King Andre » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:56 pm

╓────────────────────╖

───────────────────────────────
              ❝ as an autumn leaf, i fall every single day
              hold me tight, like the earth, yet divine❞

╙────────────────────╜
King Andre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♛ - an eternal conundrum - // 91

Postby King Andre » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:49 pm

The rain was still pouring when we left, less heavily so.
      I didn't realize it but i held her hand as we walked, perhaps unconsciously clinging to any warmth i could find.
      Suddenly no longer cold, but warm, very warm in my cheeks. She must have realized it to when she looked up at me, a hint of amusement in her eyes.
      Of course, that only made me more flustered, and she giggled, smiling briefly. I never noticed she had dimples.
      Why exactly did she, comfort me then, as the rain fell, on that bench. She didn't have to; but she did anyway.
      And i;;
King Andre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♛ - an eternal conundrum - // 92

Postby King Andre » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:50 pm

"will you stop time should this moment pass?"

hold my hand because i'm afraid our faces will be blurs

hold my hand because its the only thing i can cling to

hold my hand because its the only thing im certain of

don't say a word, don't promise; just hold my hand for this moment,

so i know that through rain, sunny days, through autumn leaves falling, through snow

i'll be by your side
King Andre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♛ - an eternal conundrum - // 93

Postby King Andre » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:41 pm

"i was wondering when you'd give up on me."

"when time gives up on the universe, when gravity gives up on earth-"
King Andre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♛ - an eternal conundrum - // 94

Postby King Andre » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:02 pm

" if this life is a movie, then darling you're the best part."
King Andre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♛ - an eternal conundrum - // 95

Postby King Andre » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:18 pm

What is love?
      Something everyone wants, but more often than not never understands. The word love is too often falsely used. Love is not a feeling, affection is a feeling. I can feel affection for something i don't love, just as i can love something or someone i don't feel affection for often. Love is a state or condition you have in relation to another thing; whether that be a person, object or place.

Love asks for nothing, love needs nothing. Love does not require to be loved back, and it doesn't turn on or off based on how you're feeling. Love is accepting a person, knowing who they are, and not wanting to change them.

There are different types of love. eros, philia, ludus, pragma, agape, philautia and storge, as defined by the greek. Eros is the desire of the body & lust, philia the love of a close friend or family member, ludus of playfulness, of butterflies, flirting and euphoria, pragma of mutual understanding and long standing, agape the universal love of humanity and the world, the compassion for strangers, philautia the love of our self, and storge, the love of a child felt by a parent.

The love of lovers is often built on eros and ludus, of primal desire and playful feelings. But love that is to endure needs more, love that does endure is already more. Pragma is the love that is consistent, when ludus and eros fade, pragma remains. Pragma is the love based on neutral understanding, of knowing a person, of being compromising and patient. It is the love of partners. Pragma does not fade, and it is not conditional. It is the love of those who have known each other for a long time, or those that understand each other better than any other soul on the planet. But pragma without eros is flameless, and pragma without ludus is boring. However, neither eros or ludus are permanent, but so long as the love of pragma remains, they can always return, stronger than before.

King Andre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♛ - an eternal conundrum - // 96

Postby King Andre » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:51 pm

" of all the things i love about you, your brain is the most beautiful. "
King Andre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♛ - an eternal conundrum - // 97

Postby King Andre » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:27 pm

i started down what seemed like an autumn path that led straight, straight into darkness. It was the darkness of uncertainty, the uncertainty of what manner of beast lay ahead of me. But having no where else to traverse, i chose the slightly worn path. I'd passed a friend, not too long ago, who looked forlorn and lost in endeavors I'd hadn't the time to ask. Now im walking, every so carefully, down the path.
King Andre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♛ - an eternal conundrum - // 98

Postby King Andre » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:28 pm

The sound of horse hooves clicking steadily along a gravel road gradually grew louder as they approached the castle. The air was crisp and visible with every breath, while the sun was weak and hardly shone, despite it being mid-day. The horse rider pressed along urgently, panicking and wild in his expression but was stopped by armed guards at the gate of the stone home. “Jean what are you doing here?” The guards parted as the lord of the estate strode through, the coats of a wolf and bear adorning his shoulders. The shaken rider hopped off the horse and rushed to hand the lord a document.

“The lord in the south,” Jean sputtered, out of breath. “-Has declared war unless you swear fealty to him.” The lord of the manor crumpled the paper and tossed it on the ground, sighing as he did. “Yes, I can read Jean.” Jean gulped, looking at the discarded declaration. The raven haired boy looked up at the lord, who was no more than half a decade older than him. “Lord Andreas, lord Kai will invade us without a second thought.” The young man nodded grimly; “Aye, I know him well, I was friends with the power hungry heathen once. Come, we’ll discuss this more privately.”

Several people were seated in the lord’s room; his wife, noblemen and women, experienced knights, and Jean, the lords right-hand. Windows, white with snow, let pale light into the room, which was quiet with anticipation. “We plan to submit right? We can’t possibly afford conflict, there’ve been too many since the king was assassinated, everyone’s bidding for power.” An aging noblewoman named Thea finally spoke, though her sister Elizabeth disagreed; “I think we should fight them.” The women were well-dressed, gems and jewelry around their necks and clothing made from fine fabric.

Andreas looked to Jean and the senior knight seated to his right for their opinion. “My lord, it is winter, we hardly have enough food and grain stored to feed the village as it is. The peasants have been hard at work in the fields so we do have enough to last, however we can’t risk this confrontation. Disease is common around this time of year which could spell disaster, even if we do win, should a bunch of men with wounds return home. Most importantly, my lord, you’re expecting children.” The graying senior knight glanced briefly at the lord’s wife Nara.

Andreas stood up, looking out the window which oversaw his estate. Below he saw peasants in thin wool clothing, chopping wood in the distance to fuel the fires in their small homes. One coughed, obviously ill but still continued to work away at the tree. Then he noted knights who guarded his castle and oversaw the estate. They were better clothed, and stoic in their features, he noticed. Andreas folded his arms behind his back, face inexplicable as he turned to the people in the room.

“That’s why we’re going to fight.” Everyone looked shocked but he continued on, resolute as he spoke. “We have the support of the church so the people will rally behind us. Most importantly, whatever we’re risking, our enemies are risking just as well. My father entered the race for the crown and I’m going to see to that goal for him, not just for me, but for the good of everyone. Winter is a terrible time for warfare, however if that’s what they want, it is what they will get.”
King Andre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♛ - an eternal conundrum - // 99

Postby King Andre » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:26 pm

and he said

"to get to your heart."