light & death ; loc tryout ; dnp

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

light & death ; loc tryout ; dnp

Postby Xhat » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:33 am

please give this playlist a listen while reading my form!

Hello and welcome to my tryout form! Today I will be trying out for lion #2, starry-knight's non-owner design. There's a lot of writing content to this, including my stories, so please give the table of contents listed below a look to find what you're looking for! I hope you enjoy it.

general information
elements and abilities
past life with the pride
involvement with the dream lionesses and lake cubs
relationship with the newcomers

Word count: 2,654 words
Art Count: 2
Last edited by Xhat on Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:06 am, edited 9 times in total.
Xhat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

the gist of it all

Postby Xhat » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:45 am

██████████████
██████████████
Name; Ajal, meaning "the assigned, appointed, or specified term or period; term or
appointed time; term or period of life; hour of death; death; fate, destiny."
Gender; Male.

Rank & Importance; Ajal serves the Old Pride as a fighter. He's not entirely content
with this, for he'd rather have been a regular member of the pride, but his element and
it's destructive power were too suited for battle. During his time as a fighter, Ajal didn't
just fight - he also worked on the inside. At some point or another he got in contact with
the rebels, sick of the pride's tyranny, and continues to feed them information to this day.
Nobody but himself knows this.
Personality; Before the war reached it's peak, Ajal was doggedly obedient, cowardly,
and afraid to stand up for himself. Although, with all the bloodshed and tyranny, he's
changed into a new lion. The current Ajal still retains some of his skittishness, but now
stands up for himself much more often. He seems to display small fits of loneliness, and
struggles to contain the hatred he has for the pride and it's tyrannical rule. Ajal would
be good at recruiting others to join the rebels if only he would tell all that he's been
through, but that would risk his position in the pride.
Last edited by Xhat on Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:07 am, edited 5 times in total.
Xhat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

with death comes a true light

Postby Xhat » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:50 am

Elements; Death & Light

Light Ability 1 - Burst
* A short burst of light intended to distract or
potentially blind foes.

Light Ability 2 - Blinding Stare
* Upon locking eyes with an opponent, Ajal
will give off a burst of light from his eyes,
directly blinding his opponent.

Light Ability 3 - Soft Glow
* The markings on his body and the glow from
his eyes/nose illuminate an area. Not to be
used for combat.
Death Ability 1 - Staunch
* Upon touching an open wound, the element
is used to kill all surrounding cells, preventing
the wound from healing quickly.

Death Ability 2 - Reaper
* An open wound must be present. A pulse of
the element is sent through the wound, causing
total organ failure if dealt with enough power.

Death Ability 3 - Soulseeker
* Allows the user to see the souls of lions long
lost. Cannot be deactivated.
Last edited by Xhat on Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:32 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Xhat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

ages ago

Postby Xhat » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:08 am

Mother was often absent, and didn't care much for
her only son, unless they were sparring. Father was
his main role-model in life. As he aged, Ajal found
that he was a talented warrior with a specific set of
skills, and yet he didn't like it very much. He realized
that he was being used as a tool.

Ajal looked up at the face of his mother, her face obscured in the shadows. If he were a different cub, he would've sought comfort in her presence, but he knew better. His mother, a dark lioness with spiraling markings, looked down upon him with glowing eyes.

"Ajal." Her voice was low - threatening. "Do not prove yourself to be weak. There is no room in this family for those who cannot defend themselves." Completely disregarding her cub, she stood, shaking her pelt and stalking out of the den. At the time, small Ajal did not understand, and so he followed. Her steps were much larger than his, and he found it hard to keep up. As if sensing his disdain, Ajal's mother sped up, quickly outpacing her son.

Giving a disheartened squeak, Ajal could feel himself deflating. "Mother..." he mumbled, watching her walk away. Ears flattened and mood shot, he turned, intending to head back to the den. That's when his father came lumbering from out of nowhere.

"Ajal! Now where have you been?" His father's voice was soft, and his tone was laced with worry. The warrior slowed, mane rustling as he came to stand beside his son.

"I was merely following mother," Ajal whispered, looking behind him. "She started walking and I followed, but she was going too fast for me to keep up." His father looked down on him, eyes softening and worry ebbing away.

"Do not worry, my son. Your mother is merely... having a bad day." He placed a paw upon Ajal's head, nudging him back to the den. "Now how about we go back to the den. I'll tell you a story, and we can forget about this."

----

Eyes dilating, Ajal found himself hopping to the side, avoiding a paw that had been swung his way. Several more times he dodged, avoiding the blows that threatened to send him sprawling. His mother - a force to be reckoned with - swung at him, attempting to slash across his shoulder or any other body part she could get to.

But Ajal was quicker; only because he learned the pain that would be inflicted if he were to let her hit him. Mothers utilized her own element during these training sessions, after all. And her element was death, just like his own. Oftentimes, during earlier matches, Ajal would come out of it all torn up. He was no longer a cub, after all. Due to his mother's powers, his wounds would ooze and ache until a healer was able to get to his side. Even after, the wounds would continue to ache.

So, here he was now, dodging every one of his mother's hits. Ajal, thinking on his feet, suddenly leaped to the side - only to fake a swipe and force his mother to duck away. Whilst she was distracted, he took his chance, ramming into her side and sending her stumbling. Mother staggered another moment or two, before regaining her posture and nodding tensely to her son. Her eyes trailed up, meeting the eyes of someone standing behind Ajal, and without another word she stalked off.

Ajal, curious, turned to see who was behind him. The lion, in all his glory, loomed over Ajal - and the latter's blood ran cold. "Alpha," Ajal murmured, dipping his head in respect. "What brings you here today?"

The air elemental's pupils thinned, and a somewhat dastardly grin had found itself onto his face. "I just came to see how my soldiers are doing," The large lion paced around Ajal. "And I see that you are doing exceptionally well. Keep up the good work, and I'm sure that you'll be able to face a hoard of rebels on your next venture out."
Last edited by Xhat on Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:47 am, edited 4 times in total.
Xhat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

a time of bloodshed

Postby Xhat » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:08 am

When the time came to rid the pride of certain lions, Ajal was involved a number of
times. His most notable, however, was the death of the dream lionesses. He was one
of the various lions sent to kill them whilst they slept. Ajal did not agree with it then,
and he does not agree with it now - but that doesn't mean that he was unafraid of the
alpha and what would be done if he disobeyed. Ajal himself almost killed one of the
lionesses, but let her escape.

As for when the lake cubs and their families were thrown into the waters, Ajal would
have no part of it. He made himself scarce during the whole event, for he couldn't sto-
mach the fact that there were cubs among the group, and they would be slaughtered
with the rest of them.

Even so, these deaths are what drove him to become a 'spy' of sorts for the rebels.
Silently, Ajal made his way around the rocks, keeping low enough so that his belly fur brushed the grass beneath him. Glowing eyes roved about, and then, muscles tensing, he gazed into the maw of a stone den. Several other lions brushed at his sides, their coats and markings all mashing together, and yet they were hidden by the darkness. Ajal presumed it was the work of an element, but he couldn’t be sure. Although, such thoughts were certainly not the task at hand. Closing his eyes momentarily and clearing his mind, Ajal began to think of what he had been told to do by his leader.

Kill the dream lionesses.

At first, he had been unsure. But under the guidance – and intimidation – of a lion exuding power, Ajal obeyed, joining the small group that was to help rid of the lionesses. Rid of. The words didn’t sit well with him. Murder is what it was. That thought made his fur crawl. Nevertheless, he was just being the coward he had always been; afraid of those more powerful than him. Even though one of his elements was death itself, and he had so much power welling within him, Ajal had little to no confidence in himself.

“Move forward!” One of the lions to his right hissed, albeit in a quiet tone, slinking forward. “And kill quickly. Do not allow them to fight back.” Ajal moved as one with the group, and in a few moments, they had taken to the awning of the den. Each separated to go their own way, to find a lioness of their own to kill. Then, in one movement, the group descended upon the lionesses.

Ajal didn’t see the first lioness go down, but he could smell her blood. Turning his head ever so slightly, he met eyes with the oldest of the dream lionesses, the life seeming to fade from her eyes. She looked at him in anguish. Lunaria – that was her name. Sorrow descended upon Ajal once he realized that she had no time to react, as one of the others had been upon her as soon as her head rose.

Pushed by the handful of lions surrounding him, Ajal continued on, for there was nothing else to do. He didn’t want to watch Lunaria’s life drain from her body, for he knew that he would lose what little motivation he had. And so, halfheartedly, Ajal went about, doing the task he had been ordered to do.

The next lioness he saw go down was Nisanyafia. She had risen from her sleep like a mad-lion, fury written across her features. Then, like a crazed animal she lunged forward, claws unsheathed and bright green eyes blazing. Ajal turned to meet her, rising up to meet her mid-way. Their bodies crashed, and the impact caused the lion to stumble away from the furious lioness. Although, before he could get a strike in, another assassin bumbled over and began to wrestle with Nisanyafia.

Ajal turned, and as a sorrowful cry rose into the air, he knew that Nisanyafia was done for. From the corner of his eye, Ajal had seen the lion take a swipe at her eyes, fully intending to blind her. Ajal turned further and could no longer look on.
Ajal’s paws took him further along this already bloodied path.

The last lioness he had come across had just risen from her sleep, seemingly disturbed. Ajal moved his head from side to side, praying that some other lion would come to take care of her. Alas, there were none to do such a duty. That meant that he must kill her himself.

Muscles coiling beneath him, he launched forward, claws extended and paws splayed. The lioness, who he remembered as Iokaste, rolled to the side, avoiding his touch. Ajal gave off a grunt as he landed, realizing that this lioness knew what his element was.

Death.

He spun to meet her, but he was too slow, and he could feel claws raking down his side. Roaring in fury, he reared up, slashed at the lioness. She too was surprised, and ramped up on her back legs, attempting to avoid his blow. Iokaste did not move quickly enough, and so Ajal’s claws met her snout with a resounding slap. That was when he chose to use his element.

And yet, in that split moment, Ajal hesitated. He could’ve used his power to its full extent, enough to kill Iokaste by shutting down her organs one by one. His element, instead, came at a weak pulse. It was enough to disorient her, for she stumbled back, but it was not a blow meant to kill. At most, she would experience great fatigue, but it was something that would heal over time. Slowly, Ajal dropped to his paws, moving no further.

He couldn’t do this, and Iokaste saw that too. She took one glance at him, the wound on her maw stinging, and then fled off into the night.

Ajal stood there, as still as a stone. Paws numb, he eventually turned and began to make his way back to the others that had killed the rest of the dreamers. Another lion met him, their fur standing on end. Curious, they gazed at the sullen Ajal.

“Most of them are now dead,” the near stranger began, voice quiet. “Did you kill that one?” Seeing that his question wasn’t going to be answered anytime soon, he skirted around Ajal and stalked over to where Iokaste’s body should have been. Upon finding no body, he turned on Ajal, anger clear on his face.

“You let her get away!” He crowed, stepping forward and forcing Ajal backwards. “You coward! That was your one job, and you could not do it? Disgraceful! Why, I should–” The lion talked no further, for Ajal had had enough. Complaining about not being able to kill another lion? Now that was disgraceful.

Instead of expressing his disdain within words, Ajal pounced, silent rage written in his eyes. Claws raking across the other lions face, he snarled, twisting until the two of them where writhing on the ground. The others present watched in horror and in surprise, making no move to separate the two lions. Ajal’s opponent attempted to let loose his elemental powers, but this time, Ajal was quicker. Power surged through his paws, seeping into the wounds running along the lions face.

Realizing what he had done, Ajal scrambled off of the other lion. The lion convulsed, stumbling about – dazed and confused. That was when the others began to move, began to summon their own elements. Ajal took that as his cue to leave. The lingering feeling of death crept back beneath his fur, and a lighter sensation across. Hissing, a sudden bright light filled the area, blinding all but Ajal.

And, just like that, Ajal bounded off into the night. No longer would he follow this tyrannical rule. No longer would he be a coward. From now on, he would make his own decisions, even after his alpha found out and he was punished for slaughtering a fellow soldier.
Last edited by Xhat on Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xhat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

redemption

Postby Xhat » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:18 am

Ajal would try to remain neutral upon meeting Ethereal
and the other lions from the future. But upon seeing the
good within them, and a chance to redeem himself from
all the things he's done within his life, Ajal would inevit-
ably side with Ethereal and his pride.

Ajal would also try his best to better himself. However,
that doesn't mean that he wouldn't regret his past
decisions - for the will stick with him... always.

Weary, golden eyes watched as unfamiliar lions seemed to pool before him. Watching from the shadows, Ajal observed the scene carefully. A lion suddenly coming into their home, proclaiming that he was an alpha? At first, Ajal did not believe it.

But there was a spark in this Ethereal's eyes. A spark of hope. Not only for him, but for those of the old pride; those who sought redemption. It was as if he was a beacon, calling others to him through darkness.

Ajal smiled at the thought.
Xhat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me