Demon Wolves Information

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Demon Wolves Information

Postby Simonpet » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:10 pm

DEMON WOLVES

About wrote:The Draco Canis lupus or Demon Wolf, as it is more commonly known, is a recently-discovered hybrid between a dragon and a wolf. Though wolf-like in basic appearence, they have longer necks and draconic bat wings, and some even have horns. They are able to use elemental magic and two distinct varieties have been found: the single-element, who commands only one element, and the mixed-element, who commands two. Demon Wolves live in packs with a hierarchy far more complicated than a regular wolf pack. The alpha pair are usually of the same element, and their offspring often succeed them.

Demon Wolves are extremely intelligent and in addition to communicating in a true language, they are capable of problem-solving beyond any ordinary canine. However, they seem to have no trouble communicating with other canines. Unlike regular wolves, Demon Wolves commonly live for about twenty years and retire from active life at around sixteen. Like regular wolves, though, they mature at two years old and demonstrate the remarkable ability of ignoring the urge to mate. Another oddity is their armor, for each Demon Wolf has its own set of customized armor made of metal, given to them when they mature.

Rarities wrote:Common
dragon or ram horns, upright ears

Uncommon
antlers or horn stubs, half-flopped or flopped ears, minor fur or size edits, small mane

Rare
hair, tail edits, major fur or size edits

Legendary/Event
missing limbs, three or four elements
Last edited by Simonpet on Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Simonpet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Physical Traits and Personalities

Postby Simonpet » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:18 pm

Demon Wolves are wolf-like in appearance with longer necks and draconic bat wings, with some having horns. In order to fly, they supplement the action of their wings with magic. Physical appearance differs slightly for each element, mostly affecting the size of the body, wings, and tail, and whether or not a Demon Wolf has horns. Within each element, there are at least two subtypes reflecting different portions of the element.

Air Demon Wolves are the tallest and slimmest, with the largest wings for speed and no horns for aerodynamics. They are divided into the two subtypes of “breeze” and “wind.” The breeze subtype is weak in combat, better for hunting or scouting because of its speed. They are often calm and notoriously hard to anger. The wind subtype can hold its own in close-quarters combat although is better at magical combat or hunting. They are known for being temperamental and moody. Most air Demon Wolves avoid close-quarters combat, preferring to use magic or drop heavy objects on their enemies from above.

Earth Demon Wolves are the smallest, though strongest, with large horns and greater body strength to compensate for their smaller wings. Though the strongest, they are less agile due to their bulk. They are divided into the two subtypes of “mud” and “rock.” The mud subtype is swift on its feet, often using the earth to speed its movements. They use magic more than the rock subtype and are well-rounded, although tend to avoid scouting. The rock subtype is bulkier and stronger than the mud subtype and often focuses on hunting or fighting. They can overpower smaller Demon Wolves using brute strength and use magic only when they must.

Fire Demon Wolves are the most similar to gray wolves in height and build. They have horns and are the strongest, second only to earth Demon Wolves. They are divided into the two subtypes of “blaze” and “ember.” The blaze subtype is more volatile, quick to anger but just as quick to forgive. They often become masters of battle magic and the masters are feared on the battlefield. The ember subtype is calmer and warmer, some learning healing magic and making good battlefield medics. Fire Demon Wolves are the most well-rounded of the elements, although prefer hunting, fighting, or making armor.

Water Demon Wolves are tall and slim, though smaller than air Demon Wolves, with a large tail and no horns for hydrodynamics. They are divided into the two subtypes of “stream” and “rapids.” The stream subtype is slightly smaller and often makes a better hunter or healer, as they are calm, gentle, and level-headed. The rapids subtype is larger and makes a better fighter, and like the name1 fire Demon Wolves, are quick to anger but quick to forgive. Both subtypes are able to hold their breath for hours, and often serve as advisers within the various ranks.
Simonpet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Powers

Postby Simonpet » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:20 pm

Air Demon Wolves have the ability to control the wind, and will use gusts of wind for extra life and speed when flying. They sometimes use this as a hunting strategy, being able to fly faster than their prey can run. In periods of drought, they will work together with water Demon Wolves to bring extra rain.

Earth Demon Wolves have the ability to control rocks, soil, minerals, metals, and plants to a limited degree. They work together with fire Demon Wolves to create their characteristic armor. Using plants, they have been able to make healing concoctions with effects similar to human medicine, though lack the ability to restore missing limbs or revive the dead. As hunters and fighters, they often use rocks to trip up their enemies or prey, dust to blind, and plants to hinder.

Fire Demon Wolves are able to start, stop, and control fire, with some being able to suck moisture out of the air. They work with earth Demon Wolves to create their characteristic armor. They are good hunters and will sometimes start controlled fires to flush out their prey. They are among the best fighters, and masters are able to set other Demon Wolves aflame and keep the fire steady.

Water Demon Wolves control water as a solid, liquid, and gas. As their talents are often considered less useful, they are the last line of defense, although fighting near large bodies of water is generally avoided to prevent them from gaining an advantage.
Simonpet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Hierarchy and Aging

Postby Simonpet » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:54 am

Alpha
The alpha pair are mates and lead the pack. The position is usually passed down from parent to pup, though fights for dominance aren’t uncommon, especially if the alphas have no heir.
Beta
The beta pair are usually mates, and help the alphas lead the pack. Oftentimes, one will be a previous beta’s pup or the alphas’ pup.
Bard
In large packs with a rich history, the recitation of stories falls upon the bards, who are given the task of keeping legends and history “alive.”
Healer
Healers help to heal members of their pack. The lead healer supervises the others and is often the eldest and most experienced.
Hunter
Hunters hunts for their pack and double as reserve fighters. The lead hunter supervises the others and is often the eldest and most experienced.
Fighter
Fighters fight for their pack and double as reserve hunters. The lead fighter supervises the others and comes up with battle plans, and is often the eldest and most experienced.
Metalsmith
Metalsmiths make armor for their pack. The lead metalsmith supervises the others and is often the eldest and most experienced.
Scout
Scouts check the borders of their pack and act as ambassadors. The lead scout supervises the others and is also the head diplomat of the pack, and is often the eldest and most experienced.
Apprentice
An apprentice is a young Demon Wolf training to become a part of a rank.
Pup-Mother
Pup-mothers are nursing females.
Pup
Pups are young Demon Wolves too young to be apprenticed.
Elder
Elders are often Demon Wolves sixteen years or older, or have a disability or illness that makes them unable to serve their pack. Traditionally, they recite stories and the pack’s history unless there are bards.
Omega
Omegas are either mixed-elements or Demon Wolves that have committed a serious crime not worthy of exile.

Pup
0 years - 1 years
Apprentice
1 year - 2 years
Pup-Mother
2 years - 16 years
Healer/Hunter/Fighter/Metalsmith/Scout
2 years - 16 years
Lead Healer/Hunter/Fighter/Metalsmith/Scout
10 years - 16 years
Alpha
death, retirement, or exile of previous alpha - death, retirement, or exile