"I Express Myself Through You" - [flo's challenge]

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: "I Express Myself Through You" - [flo's challenge]

Postby munchqueen » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:23 am

@vicster
Alright, good. xD
munchqueen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sammmy » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:02 pm

Ok these are all amazing and they are all so different!! I love the character dynamics <3
sammmy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby munchqueen » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:11 am

@samo7777
Thank you so much! I'm trying to figure out the characters for my nest prompt. xD

Hey guys! sorry I've not updated in so long. I'm working hard to get another one out, but words aren't flowing as easily than with the others! ;-;
In the meantime, I would really appreciate it is you guys checked out my new story, Hell Song, over on Wattpad. If you're interested, click here for the prologue!
munchqueen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

"You can't leave! You'll die..." - [flo's challenge]

Postby munchqueen » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:01 pm

"I'm going," Tempest said, flicking his thumb across the joystick on the remote.

"No, you can't leave!" Samantha screeched, before realizing how strange she had sounded and quieting. "You'll die..."

Tempest just grunted a nonchalant reply, his eyes on the screen. "No," he disagreed, heading for the exit. Samantha let out an alarmed shriek, giving the man beside her a shove, as if it might knock some sense into him. As usual, it did not, and she sucked in a breath as he left the broken down building on the screen.

"Tempest, if you die, I swear..."

"I'm just getting the box," he snorted, about as close as he ever got to laughing on most days. "We need ammo."

At this, Samantha was quiet; this was true, they did need more ammo. But it wouldn't make much of a difference if Tempest died attempting to get it, so she voiced this, "It won't matter if you die."

"Just revive me," he replied, earning himself a quiet scowl.

"Then I'll die, too," the woman protested, taking the split second of a break she had to scoot back in her seat, resting her back against the chair.

Tempest did not reply, and the room was silent aside from the sounds emanating from the speakers on the right and left of the large television. A flick of a joystick, the sound of buttons being pressed, and of bullets being discharged from a two-dimensional gun. One opponent down, then two, then three. Samantha looked slightly nervous; she still seemed to think that Tempest was not going to make it back. A fourth opponent down, then a fifth, and then he finally reached the ammo box.

"See?" He said, a tone of amusement in his voice as he began making his way back to the building where Samantha was hiding. "Soul," he spoke, glancing over as she did not reply. She was glaring at him, and at this, Tempest made the rare sound of laughter. It was only three 'ha's, but it was more than was usually given.

Samantha gasped, fake shocked by the noise; or maybe she was actually shocked. Tempest's laughter was, after all, a rare sound. Samantha was likely the only one to have ever heard it. She was also the only one to have ever caused it.

"You just laughed," she blurted, her eyes fixed firmly on the man next to her. He looked back at the screen.

"No," he denied; he knew it bothered her when he pretended that it had never happened.

"Yes, you did." She pushed.

"I didn't."

"Tempest!" She howled, removing her hand from her controller to reach over and whip her hand across his shoulder. "You did! Stop denying it!"

And, at this, he could hold it in no longer. Every few months, he had to let it out. A roar of laughter erupted from his chest and he squeezed his eyes shut, throwing his head back. Samantha shrieked angrily, tossing her remote down and throwing herself at him.

"Tempest, stop laughing!" She commanded, accidentally letting a chuckle of her own slip out as he leaped up, just out of her reach. "I'm serious!"

And she gave chase, standing and following him around the room. He was very agile, though, and hopped over the couch easily, once again putting himself out of her reach. She chased him for quite a while longer; if there was one good thing about Samantha, it was her determination.

Alas; he was never caught.

Starring;
Tempest, a character of mine originally created for a roleplay known as The Beyond. He doesn't usually speak much, but through Samantha's determination and persistence, he's opened up quite a bit! Only to her, though... What can I say? Baby steps, guys. Baby steps.
Samantha, originally known as Soul, was created by AthenasArtz, and is a character part of the same roleplay as Tempest; although, I'm not sure if this was where her character was first played. She is a bit of a bully, and is sister to one of the characters to be introduced... You'll meet her soon. Even though she is quite rude to many, she has liked Tempest since the beginning. And, I must say; they've both become quite attached!

Word Count; 580
Last edited by munchqueen on Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:56 am, edited 4 times in total.
munchqueen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sugarkitza » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:05 pm

OHMERGURSH YASS
Sugarkitza

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby munchqueen » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:07 pm

@athena
YES. I love Tempest and Soul, such friends. Much ships.
You like??? xD
Last edited by munchqueen on Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
munchqueen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sugarkitza » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:09 pm

munchqueen wrote:
@athena
YES. I love Tempest and Soul, such friends. Much ships.
You like??? xD

Very much so!
Sugarkitza

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

"I was a fool to believe..." - [flo's challenge]

Postby munchqueen » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:22 am

"You know, you're more caring than you give yourself credit for," Lilith said, humming a bit at the end as she let her arms fall to her sides, after she had reached them up in a stretch.

"I do what I have to do," Jason answered from his place on the couch, his eyebrows raising a bit as he spoke. His eyes were fixed somewhere on the ground as she stared off, supposedly at nothing.

"No, you do what you think you have to do," Lilith corrected, turning her body where she stood, looking down at him. "You always have a choice, and you chose to do this. You chose."

The young man nodded, pursing his lips for a moment as he looked to the ground, then up at the woman across the room from him. There were several seconds of silence, while both people just stared at each other. Thinking, perhaps. Finally, Jason spoke;

"And what did I choose, exactly?" He asked, standing, meeting Lilith's gaze.

She turned to face him a bit more directly, angling her body so that they stood parallel to each other. They were metres away, and an empty floor lay between them. Lilith wanted that distance to be shorter, so she took a step forwards.

"The right thing," she answered, her chin angling up as she spoke.

A smile stretched across Jason's face, while her own stayed emotionless. "And what is the 'right thing'?" He asked, mirroring her movements and taking a step closer.

"What people and society generally accept as normal and good behaviours to practice," she told him, moving closer yet; he did as well.

"That's it?" He pried. "Just what everyone else thinks, the general population? What about what I think is right?"

"Listening to your morals may also help you determine what is right and what is wrong, alongside the integrity of your character." He took another step forward as she spoke.

"So, the 'right thing' is just what other people accept, and what you accept alongside them? The 'right thing' is just something that was all agree is well, an action performed in good-faith?"

"That is correct," Lilith confirmed. They were getting so close, only a little more than a metre away from each other, and she took yet another step. "But the right thing also depends on the person," She explained. "You've got to make decisions with both your head and your heart to do the right thing."

And he took the last step. The two of them stood chest to chest, their faces only inches apart. "What if my head is saying it's wrong," he asked, his voice growing quiet; now that he was so close, there was no need for him to speak loud. "But my heart says it's right? Who should I trust?"

Lilith stared up at him, studying the details of his face. After a moment, her eyes landed on his. "Depends," she started.

"On what?"

"On which answer you like better..." She breathed, glancing down a moment, away from his eyes. When she looked back up, however, their gazes locked, and for several seconds, it was just a silence. A very tense silence.

And then he kissed her. Lilith had kissed someone before, it was nothing new, but this felt like the first time. Whoever said that it felt like fireworks wasn't joking, because it did. Lilith felt like her chest was on fire, and it was shooting out sparks of pure, burning desire.

You might expect something powerful here, but it wasn't a deep kiss. It was lengthy and sweet and longing. Longing for more, longing for it to last. In that moment, Lilith had never loved someone so much; but even just the thought felt like a punch in the gut. So she pulled away.

One of her hands lay on his the back of his neck and the other on his head, and his arms were wrapped around her waist like they had been hugging. But their foreheads did not rest against each other's, and their eyes did not meet. The emotions that hung in the air were not good ones.

"Lilith?" Jason breathed. His voice was rough and raspy and laced with concern. Why had she ended their moment like that? What was wrong? "Lilith, are you alright?"

It took her several seconds to answer. For a few, she looked like she considered not answering at all. "I was a fool to believe..." she whispered. There was more silence as Jason waited, filled with a sense of sudden dread and anticipation, for her to continue. "I was a fool to believe that I could pretend I didn't feel anything, I was a fool to believe that I didn't care."

She stepped back, looking at the ground, her arms falling to her sides. When she spoke, her voice was pained and frantic. "I was a fool, Jason! How could I have believed, even for one moment, that I didn't feel anything? That this wouldn't happen? I should have known, Jason. I should have known."

Jason was quiet. "You should have known what?" He asked; slowly, carefully. Should he be frightened? It didn't matter whether he should or shouldn't. He was.

She waited a moment before she spoke. "I should have known that I couldn't get out of this without falling for you," she breathed. Lilith hadn't known it was possible to put so much emotion in one sentence, but she felt it, and Jason felt it. They both felt every single bit, like tiny shards of glass digging into their hearts. She couldn't take the silence anymore.

So she turned

And she left

And she didn't look back.

Starring;
Lilith, yet another character of mine. Lilith is also originally from The Beyond, like many of the other characters introduced here. She is a bit of a bad girl; flirty, smart. She's got the attitude and the attire, as I like to say. But she didn't get quite what she had bargained for when she met Jason.
Jason, or Ragnar, is a character created by, once again, AthenasArtz. And, once again, again, is from the Roleplay, The Beyond. He's generally a quiet kind of guy, and didn't like Lilith much at first. But things went further... and further... and ended up somewhere I don't think either of them anticipated.

Word Count; 952
munchqueen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sugarkitza » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:07 am

OMG OMG OMG