Fallenmoon--A Warriors Story

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Postby hummxs » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:54 am

Fallenmoon
A Warriors Story

---=={+}==---

ALLEGIANCES

StoneClan
Leader|Ashstar-a dark grey tom with lighter specks and spine; amber eyes
Deputy|Buzztail-a yellow tabby tom with strikingly black stripes and a full black tail; green eyes
Medicine Cat|Berryfrost-white she-cat with black and ginger specks; blue eyes
Medicine Cat Apprentice|Mosspaw-grey she-cat with large white splotches; blue eyes

Warriors
Gingerfur|dark ginger she-cat with darker spine; green eyes
Sandtail|pale ginger tabby tom; amber eyes
Smokefoot|grey tom with white specks on forehead and white paws; green eyes
Firefoot|white she-cat with ginger paw; amber eyes-Apprentice: Frostpaw
Mudrunner|lithe dark brown tabby tom; amber eyes
Dawnspeck|tortoiseshell she-cat; green eyes-Apprentice: Featherpaw
Redclaw|dark ginger tabby tom with white paws and tailtip; blue eyes
Greystorm|huge grey tabby tom; amber eyes
Poppyfur|pale grey she-cat, mother of Frostpaw and Featherpaw; blue eyes
Pinetail|large white tom with brown chest, belly, paws and tail; amber eyes

Apprentices
Frostpaw|fluffy pale grey she-cat; blue eyes
Featherpaw|pale grey tabby she-cat with white chest and paws; blue eyes

Queens
Bluetail|blue-grey she-cat with darker spine and tail; amber eyes-Kits: Russetkit, Sunkit
Brightcloud|ginger-and-white mottled she-cat; blue eyes-Kits: Jaggedkit, Wildkit, Lionkit

Elders
Silvertail|grey tabby tom; blind blue eyes
Winterfur|white she-cat; blue eyes

FlameClan
Leader|Flintstar--smoky grey she-cat with one light grey paw; amber eyes
Deputy|Ferretfur--dark brown tom with lighter chest and belly; amber eyes
Medicine Cat|Nightburr--old black tom with tangled fur; blue eyes

Warriors
Cindercoat|fluffy grey she-cat with white paws and tailtip; blue eyes
Ebonyclaw|dark ginger tabby tom; green eyes
Breezesky|white tom with ginger splotches; blue eyes-Apprentice: Fernpaw
Wasptail|pale yellow tabby tom with a strange black tail; green eyes

Apprentices
Fernpaw|pretty silver tabby she-cat with white underbelly and tailtip; blue eyes

Elders
Tangleclaw|dark ginger tom with matted fur, much like his brother Nightburr; green eyes

VineClan
will list soon
Last edited by hummxs on Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:27 am, edited 4 times in total.

█████████
░░░░░░░░░
to xbe
░░░░░░░░░
█████████

x
● ● ● ●
WITH YOU
█░█

█░█

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
█░█

█░█
┎━━━━┒
hey there! i'm
hummxs! i
don't actually
rly like darling
in the franxx

but the ani-
mation is rly
pretty so
yeah ♡
━━━━━━

carrd

┖━━━━┚

hummxs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hummxs » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:14 pm

PROLOGUE
    The wind blew roughly, shaking the trees with a force strong enough to knock them all down. A dark grey pelt slipped between the branches, staring down into his camp. Floodwaters swirled around inside, cats both big and small swimming their way through the tough currents. The tom's gaze flicked around the camp, looking for one cat in particular. "Buzztail!"

As the tom spoke, a familiar yellow tabby head appeared above the water, his paws struggling against the waters. He swam over to the grey cat, shaking his fur. "I think everyone's gone uphill. I couldn't find any cat in the camp," Buzztail rasped, taking one more glance behind him at the devestated camp. "Ashstar, what do we do now? This water isn't going to go down soon, and it's going to go higher and drown everyone if we don't keep moving."

Already the waters swirled a tail length below Ashstar's paws, rising quickly. "We need to head towards the mountain. There's a cave there that our ancestors hid when the camp flooded like this." The leader had been there only once, but he could remember the exact location. "You're talking about the Lightcave, aren't you?" Buzztail meowed, padding beside Ashstar as they made their way towards their Clan.

"Yes." The Lightcave's name came from how the cave was never pitch dark; There were two giant holes, one in the wall and one in the ceiling, light flooding in, even if it was night--the moon could fit right into the hole in the ceiling.

"Ashstar!" A voice broke the leader's thoughts, a small brown she-cat running over to him. She pressed against his side, and Ashstar almost purred at her sweet scent. "Poppyfur," he meowed, detaching from her. "We need to hurry. The waters rising fast." He faced the rest of his Clan, who were already staring at him with wide, fear-filled eyes. "We make our way towards the Lightcave!" he meowed, padding to the front of the large group, leading the way. "We'll be safe there. Berryfrost!" Ashstar called, a small white spotted she-cat padding up to him.

"When we get to the Lightcave, do you think we have enough poppy seeds to help the elders sleep?" Ashstar glanced behind him, where two of his cats, Smokefoot and Greystorm, carried small amounts of herbs. "I'm afraid not. We weren't able to grab any." Berryfrost glanced up at the leader. "There is a bush of them in front of the mountain. We could get them in the morning." "Good. I don't want my cats to suffer."

Ashstar stared ahead of them at the mountain, the cave visible. He and his Clan padded up the steep slope, padding into the lightened cave. Almost at once all of the cats collapsed with exhaustion, including Ashstar himself. He glanced at the entrance, sunlight peeking around the horizon, the warriors of StarClan disappearing. "StarClan, please don't let anything happen to my Clan. We are home for now."

CHAPTER 1
    Sunkit stared across the camp, eyes wide. I didn't know the camp was so big! She took a few steps out of the nursery, glancing around at the giant cave that laid before her. Her mother, Bluetail, had told her that this wasn't their original home, and that they had been there for a few moons. The floodwaters still hadn't gone down, and it was starting to look like the waters would be there permanently.

"Haha!" Another she-kit yelped, landing on top of Sunkit with a plop. "Russetkit! Get off!" Sunkit rolled over, pinning Russetkit to the ground underneath her. "Oof!" Russetkit puffed before crawling out from underneath her sister.

"Isn't the camp big?" Russetkit meowed. "Bluetail made me wait for you to open your eyes. Let's go! I've waited moons to explore the camp!" Russetkit pushed Sunkit forward.

"Now, now, Russetkit, Sunkit might not want to go too fast while exploring." Bluetail's motherly voice echoed through the camp. She padded out from the nursery, her beautiful blue fur reflecting the sunlight. She used her paw to gently separate Russetkit from Sunkit, and Sunkit breathed a sigh of relief. Her littermate's bony muzzle made her flank sore.

Sunkit flicked her ear as she noticed the familiar pelt of a large ginger tom padding towards them. "Redclaw!" She ran towards her father, darting around his legs. Redclaw grabbed the small kit in his large paws, placing her in front of Russetkit. "Now, now, Sunkit, now's not the time to play." He cast a glance over at Bluetail. "Can I talk to you for a moment?"

Bluetail narrowed her eyes, before following Redclaw down into the camp's entrance. Sunkit watched them, pricking her ears as she managed to hear what they were saying. "Winterfur's caught a case of greencough," Redclaw meowed, looking over to the elders' den. Sunkit could barely make out some coughing. "Berryfrost thinks she's going to join StarClan soon."

Sunkit stood up, running across camp into the elders' den. Winterfur, Bluetail's mother, had been Sunkit's favorite elder. She loved hearing the old cat's stories. "Winterfur!" Sunkit cried, rubbing against the she-cat.

Winterfur looked up, a purr rumbling in her throat. "Sunkit...StarClan is calling me," she meowed, brushing the she-kit's spine with her tail. "I hope...I can--" her sentence was abruptly interrupted by a bout of coughing. "I hope I can see you when you're made an apprentice." Sunkit's eyes teared up, and she pressed against the she-cat. She laid there for some time, before Winterfur's chest stopped moving.

Sunkit straightened up, poking Winterfur. "Winterfur...?" she meowed, pressing an ear to the elder's chest. Nothing. "Winterfur!" Sunkit wailed, shoving her muzzle into her grandmother's fluffy white fur. She heard cats coming up behind her, and she caught the scent of Berryfrost, StoneClan's medicine cat.

"Sunkit! Get away from Winterfur!" Berryfrost meowed, shoving the kit away. Sunkit pressed against Berryfrost's paw. "Let me see Winterfur!" she cried. "Sunkit," a voice meowed behind them. Mosspaw, Berryfrost's apprentice, padded towards them. "Can I tell you a story?"

CHAPTER 2
    Sunkit sat in the nursery entrance, watching her sister get groomed by Bluetail. Today was their apprentice ceremony, about two moons after Winterfur's passing. Luckily, Sunkit only caught whitecough. Mosspaw had taught her a lesson about grief, and she thought that Bluetail was handling it better than she did. She saw some movement, and looked up to see Redclaw. He lapped his tongue over Sunkit's ear, before meowing, "Are you ready? Ashstar is about to come out."

Sunkit nodded, before seeing Ashstar pad from his den onto the Highledge. "Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather beneath the Highledge for a Clan meeting!" As his call rang throughout the cave, most of the cats were already gathered beneath the Highledge. Redclaw led Sunkit into the small clearing that the cats had made in the crowd. Russetkit followed behind.

"Russetkit, step forward." Russetkit padded forward beneath the Highledge. Ashstar padded down so he could stand in front of her, and meowed the words that had been spoken for moons. "Do you promise to uphold the warrior code, and to listen to your mentor at all times, even at the cost of your life?" "I do," Russetkit squeaked.

"Then, by the powers of StarClan, I grant you your apprentice name. From this moment forward you will be known as Russetpaw." Ashstar looked for a cat in the crowd--before his eyes landed on one. "Greystorm," he meowed after a few moments. "You will be Russetpaw's mentor."

As he was called, a giant grey tom padded forward, touching noses with Russetpaw. He looks like a giant compared to Russetpaw! Sunkit thought, purring at the thought in amusement before calling Russetpaw's name. "Russetpaw!" She almost didn't hear her own name called. "Sunkit, step forward."

Sunkit gulped, stepping forward slower than Russetpaw did. Even though she was the bigger kit, Russetpaw had much more courage than she did. Her fur grew hot as she felt the eyes of all her Clanmates on her. Ashstar stepped before her. "Do you promise to uphold the warrior code, and listen to your mentor at all times, even at the cost of your life?"

Sunkit thought. Do I? After a moment, she replied. "I do." Ashstar seemed to smile, noticing that Sunkit had thought about it. "Then, by the powers of StarClan, I grant you your apprentice name. From this moment forward you will be known as Sunpaw." Ashstar did the same as he did with Greystorm, his eyes scanning the group of cats before his gaze landed on one. "Pinetail," he meowed. "You will mentor Sunpaw."

Sunpaw looked behind her, seeing the large white tom padding forward. His odd brown chest seemed to reflect the sunlight that poured in through the entrance, and for a moment Sunpaw was in a trance. Pinetail bent down, touching noses with Sunpaw. He didn't move, he only meowed, "I'll teach you so you can be the best warrior that StoneClan's ever seen."

Sunpaw purred as the Clan called out her name. Redclaw padded forward first, his purring drowning out everybody else's calling. "You'll do great, Sunpaw," he meowed. Redclaw had always been Sunpaw's favorite parent, even though she'd spent more time with Bluetail. Bluetail's attention was all on Russetpaw, and Sunpaw was jealous until her father started doing the same to her. She shook the thought away, her gaze on Bluetail, who was circling around Russetpaw. I'll show you one day. I'll show you that I can be a better warrior than Russetpaw could ever be!

CHAPTER 3
    Sunpaw huffed, trying the hunter's crouch again. This was her fifth time trying--she tried tucking in her paws and everything, but it was too uncomfortable for her to be able to jump very far. After pressing on Sunpaw's flank, Pinetail padded around the apprentice to face her. "You'll be able to do it," he meowed. "Just try to find a way to crouch that's comfortable and that can take you far."

Sunpaw nodded, shifting her paws a little before she felt comfortable. She bunched her hind legs and leaped, landing a few tree-lengths away from where she started. She looked up at Pinetail, who was nodding. "Good job. That should do it, but make sure your tail is lifted off of the ground." He poked Sunpaw's flank with his own tail. "You don't want it to be dragging along the forest floor. And don't lift it too high, either. Prey will be able to see you before you're even able to pounce."

Pinetail led Sunpaw back to camp. It had been about a half moon since they were made apprentices, and that night was the Gathering. Sunpaw was so excited--all new apprentices and warriors always went to the Gathering after being made either one. She tried to imagine a number of cats so large that it almost tripled the size of her own Clan. Her thoughts were broken by Pinetail's meow. "Grab a piece of fresh-kill. We're going on a border patrol before we leave for the Gathering."

"Okay!" Sunpaw meowed, padding over to the fresh-kill pile and grabbing a mouse, still warm from the recent hunting patrol. It's musky scent was almost masked by another cat's--Sunpaw pinned it down to Buzztail, StoneClan deputy. She padded over to her usual spot beside the apprentice den underneath a high-rooted bush, sitting down and starting to eat her mouse.

---=={+}==---

Sunpaw stretched in the sun, rolling over in the grass before padding over to Redclaw, who had just come back from a hunting patrol. "Hey, Redclaw! Can you show me some fighting moves?"

Redclaw had a flat face. He looked at Sunpaw. "Sorry, I'm busy right now." Sunpaw watched him as he padded up to Ashstar's den. What's his problem...? she thought. Redclaw normally never talked so...bluntly to her. She shrugged it off, padding out of camp by herself. If she caught a lot of prey, Pinetail would be happy! They could possibly make her a warrior then and there!

Sunpaw shook her head. No, no. I have to learn how to fight before I become a warrior. She looked up, seeing a squirrel nibbling on an acorn above her. She bunched her legs, leaping up and swiping the squirrel off of the tree. She landed, snapping the squirrel's neck. I never knew I could jump that high! She picked up her squirrel and happily trotted back to camp.

Ashstar was standing on the Highledge. He had Redclaw next to him. "Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey join here beneath the Highledge for a Clan meeting!" he called. Sunpaw padded forward, not knowing what was happening. When she and Pinetail had went training earlier, they hadn't scented any other scents besides the border's. She almost jumped when she heard Russetpaw's voice behind her. "Hey, Sunpaw!" she meowed, sitting next to Sunpaw.

"Oh, hi." Sunpaw let out a purr, looking over at the highrock. "Do you know what this is about?"

"Sorry, I don't have the slightest clue." Russetpaw glanced over. "Why is Redclaw up there?"

As the Clan gathered, Ashstar began to speak. "Redclaw, Greystorm and Buzztail came across a few rogues near the ravine," he meowed. Sunpaw glanced around camp. She spotted Redclaw, but where was Buzztail and Greystorm? "Buzztail fell into the ravine. We doubt he is alive."

At Ashstar's words, wails were heard through the camp. Buzztail's mate, Firefoot's wail was the loudest. Sunpaw stared in horror. Buzztail's dead? Ashstar waited for the Clan to calm down before going on. "Redclaw and Greystorm were able to fight the rogues." He flicked his tail.

The Clan's attention was diverted towards the camp entrance. Greystorm was stalking behind two heavily injured toms, who looked scrawny compared to the rest of the Clan. "We have taken them in as prisoners."

"Why don't we just kill them now?" Sandtail's voice rang through the cave. "It'd be easier that way."

"No." Ashstar meowed strictly, nodding to Greystorm as he led the toms into a small, empty cave. "The cave you see them entering now will be the prisoners den. I will have two warriors positioned there every day, every night." He dipped his head, before leaping off of the highledge. "Clan dismissed."

CHAPTER 4
    Sunpaw silently crept through the forest, her eyes focused on her path. She bounded forward, bouncing on top of a large white-and-brown tom. She bit down on his scruff, holding on as he tried to shake her off. He eventually did, but she landed on all fours, with her spine arched. She then straightened and gave a little bounce. "How did I do, Pinefoot?"

"You did good," Pinefoot replied, shaking his pelt. "If your claws were unsheathed, you probably would've ripped my fur off," he complimented. "But try to be quieter about it. I could hear you coming from a mile away."

Sunpaw lapped at her chest in embarrassment, before looking back up at her mentor. Her stomach rumbled loudly. "Can we go get something to eat? Please?"

"Fine, but on the way back we should try to catch something as well." Pinefoot led the way through the bracken, his tail slightly brushing the forest floor. Sunpaw followed, watching her path as she avoided large tree roots and pinecones. She almost slipped as Pinefoot abruptly stopped, turning to his apprentice. "Do you scent anything?"

"No...only stale vole," Sunpaw meowed, remembering the smell of the prey. Her jaws watered at the thought of eating one. "And..and there's something else. Pinefoot, what is that?"

"That's the thunderpath. There's one at the corner of the territory not far from here, and it must be busy today." Pinefoot gestured to his right, where the breeze carried the stench.

"Dear StarClan, it stinks! Is the thunderpath where all of the monsters stay? I heard Bluetail say something about it." Sunpaw curled her tail around herself and back, waving her tail around to try to get rid of the foul odor.

"It is. Most of the time we don't worry about monsters unless we have to cross the thunderpath into RockClan territory." Pinefoot glanced over at the direction of the thunderpath, and Sunpaw could swear that she saw a flash of uncertainty in his eyes. Did..did something happen?

NOT FINISHED
Last edited by hummxs on Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:48 pm, edited 8 times in total.

█████████
░░░░░░░░░
to xbe
░░░░░░░░░
█████████

x
● ● ● ●
WITH YOU
█░█

█░█

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
█░█

█░█
┎━━━━┒
hey there! i'm
hummxs! i
don't actually
rly like darling
in the franxx

but the ani-
mation is rly
pretty so
yeah ♡
━━━━━━

carrd

┖━━━━┚

hummxs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Fallenmoon--A Warriors Story

Postby Ranger of the North » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:11 pm

Oooh, this is really well-written! Good job! :D
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hummxs » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:28 pm

Chapter 1 is complete! Hopefully I'll be able to post at least a chapter a week, so thank you for reading~!

█████████
░░░░░░░░░
to xbe
░░░░░░░░░
█████████

x
● ● ● ●
WITH YOU
█░█

█░█

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
█░█

█░█
┎━━━━┒
hey there! i'm
hummxs! i
don't actually
rly like darling
in the franxx

but the ani-
mation is rly
pretty so
yeah ♡
━━━━━━

carrd

┖━━━━┚

hummxs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:19 pm

Awesome! c: Poor lil kit...
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hummxs » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:41 am

Chapter 2 is up! This is when all of the action starts to happen, because kit life is a little boring to write, to be honest.

█████████
░░░░░░░░░
to xbe
░░░░░░░░░
█████████

x
● ● ● ●
WITH YOU
█░█

█░█

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
█░█