[✎] papers placed and pencils ready. writer's thread. open.

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: [✎] papers placed and pencils ready. writer's thread. op

Postby Ranger of the North » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:34 pm

Doodles, I have a new competition up! Click the picture below if you're interested :D
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby emoji movie » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:26 pm

oooh
gonna check that out!!

also, i have a question for all of you :>

Code: Select all
what's your opinion on pet diary books written on cs? do you enjoy them?
'EMOJI MOVIE JULY 28 TELL EVERYONE
ImageImageImage
emoji movie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:22 pm

Thanks, Inc! c:

What's your opinion on pet diary books written on cs? do you enjoy them?
They're okay, I guess, but they get rather annoying when I'm trying to look for ordinary stories? I'd prefer if they had their own forum tbh, so when I feel like reading the diaries I can find them, but when I want to read stories I can find 'em XP
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Captain Plucky » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:47 pm

Sorry for not being active on here, guys!! ^^;;;
what's your opinion on pet diary books written on cs? do you enjoy them?

To be honest, I don't really like them. I tried to get into them a few years ago, when I first was on cs, and...well....
They just all seem the same to me. The persons in highschool, there's a boy they like, there's a popular, bratty girl who has a crush/is the hot guys girlfriend...they just don't amuse me anymore.
Granted, I haven't looked into them recently, so maybe they're different now. However, somehow I doubt it. :/

Hello there everyone,
I'm Captain Plucky!

---------------------
🐉 🥇🔥🐺

I love to write,
goof off, stargaze, and
generally have a good
time. If you ever
need anything, feel
free to talk to me!

---------------------
🎨 Credit
ImageImage

Captain Plucky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:01 pm

I have a question for you guys, which I've been wondering about for a wee while now:
[b]How far do you think a writer should take their readers' advice?[/b]
I mean, everyone has their own opinion, and they often clash. A writer could get feedback on a passage they wrote saying: 'beautifully worded; it's sheer poetry and I pictured everything perfectly. I love it!' and, on the same piece, have someone saying: 'it's nice, but you used too much "fluff". Tone it down and include more prose.'
*is completely puzzled*
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Captain Plucky » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:17 pm

How far do you think a writer should take their readers' advice?

To be honest, if you have a lot of people who like your writing, they're all going to think of it differently. If you try to meet everyone's opinions and critique, I think that your writing gets updated to the point where it isn't really your style anymore. There is most certainly a limit of how seriously you should take someone's advice. I would say that a writer should mostly concentrate on advice that targets their problem area, or maybe a passage or chapter that they weren't sure about. That way, you can work on your biggest problems without getting overwhelmed.
So sorry for the late reply! I saw this question, and forgot to respond. ^^;;;

Hello there everyone,
I'm Captain Plucky!

---------------------
🐉 🥇🔥🐺

I love to write,
goof off, stargaze, and
generally have a good
time. If you ever
need anything, feel
free to talk to me!

---------------------
🎨 Credit
ImageImage

Captain Plucky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Wed May 03, 2017 8:04 pm

I've been exploring and yes, I mean me. it came outta nowhere XD a different race and their history in my story, and it's so cool! :.D I didn't mean to go this in-depth at first, and didn't think I'd be this interested, but my creation it is actually fascinating! :D
Gahg, typing this out has given me about a million questions, so here goes nothing XD
[b]Have you ever become more invested in a story or scene than you thought you would?[/b]

[b]What's the most interesting (to you) species (or character) you've ever created?[/b]

[b]Has anything in any of your works ever done a complete 360 from what you'd originally planned?[/b]

1) literally just happened to me XD
2) at this point in time, the Alcunati! They're like wandering nomad-y people who get up to all sorts of cool stuff :.D They've got these awesome face-markings around their eyes; swirls of colour that almost glow in the dark (kinda like cats' eyes, I guess). And 'cause they're wild people they're experts at navigating their home-terrain without (usually) being seen or heard. They're mainly nocturnal, too, I think. okay I'd better stop now XD spoilersssss
3) my main characters and her fam were supposed to be ambushed by bandits, but now the 'bandits' have turned into long-not-really-lost extended family and friends o.O
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby IHaveNoFandoms » Tue May 23, 2017 12:57 am

I know this thread hasn't been active in a week or two, but I'm getting sick of this one thing.
It's rant-depressed-my life sucks sort of writing, especially poetry. Normally, and thankfully I either post on my thread or this other thread, and the other doesn't attract the rant-depressed-my life sucks type.
I feel like nobody will ever be as awesome as Poe or something.
I know it's sort of a vent for some people, but does it have to be public?
Some people can't exactly afford computers to write rant-depressed-my life sucks stuff on...
Maybe watch the commercials with the sad, hungry children or the abused animals.
Sure, you have a bad day. Or maybe even a 'bad life.' Why not stop writing stuff that's only going to make you angrier, more depressed or something.
(Should I take this off it is sort of rant-ish... darn it now they've got me doing it.)

Does anybody feel the same? Does anybody think that it's not annoying at all? Does anybody do it themselves?
IHaveNoFandoms

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Tue May 23, 2017 4:17 pm

Interesting thought, that's for sure! :p For me, personally, I occasionally write kinda depressing stuff to work through the things that are bothering me at the moment? Just recently I was grieving over my grandma's death (even though she died a year or two ago) and wrote a short-story that... Yeah, that was basically just me explaining how it felt when she died. Trying to work through it and come to terms with reality, y'know? And I shared it with a few people because 'deep calls to deep', and all that.
So yeah, I feel like if people are genuinely distressed, and their writing is actually helping them process traumatic events, and articulating it is part of their healing-process it's okay. But when people say 'my life sucks it's so crappy poor me i'm not even allowed [insert something like technology here]' just to get attention, then that's not okay :p
So yeah, I guess it really depends on the writer's heart; where their rant/vent/writing is coming from ^.^

But no, interesting topic of discussion! c:
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby IHaveNoFandoms » Thu May 25, 2017 8:13 am

Ranger of the North wrote:
Interesting thought, that's for sure! :p For me, personally, I occasionally write kinda depressing stuff to work through the things that are bothering me at the moment? Just recently I was grieving over my grandma's death (even though she died a year or two ago) and wrote a short-story that... Yeah, that was basically just me explaining how it felt when she died. Trying to work through it and come to terms with reality, y'know? And I shared it with a few people because 'deep calls to deep', and all that.
So yeah, I feel like if people are genuinely distressed, and their writing is actually helping them process traumatic events, and articulating it is part of their healing-process it's okay. But when people say 'my life sucks it's so crappy poor me i'm not even allowed [insert something like technology here]' just to get attention, then that's not okay :p
So yeah, I guess it really depends on the writer's heart; where their rant/vent/writing is coming from ^.^

But no, interesting topic of discussion! c:

Depressing poetry is great when it's professional, in my opinion. I'm sorry about your grandmother's death.

Very commonly writers on CS and actual poets/songwriters would write about something about frustration/distress/anxiety/etc. And some of those times, it is a nice read. Others, not so much.

I myself can't write negative sounding stuff anymore, even when I'm depressed, and even when I'm writing ABOUT it. I can't make my poetry sound as professional when writing explicitly negative feelings. It sounds better if I use frequent metaphors and imagery hiding that. I think I partially think I don't like the annoying-rant types because I can't bring my thoughts to that distress level at certain times, if that makes sense.
IHaveNoFandoms

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me