Doctor Who Dump.

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Wrongness

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:26 pm

The TARDIS
Based during the year that never happened
606 words

She felt wrong. This wasn’t right, she wasn’t supposed to feel the strain of making a paradox. She screamed in silence, wondering where he was – her Thief. Why hadn’t he stopped this from happening?

She felt wrong. Everything the Survivor was doing to her was wrong. This wasn’t supposed to happen! She was making a paradox, changing history. Why couldn’t she stop? What was happening?

She didn’t know how long she had been like this, the wrongness clinging to her. Then she felt his presence – her Thief was here. He could stop the pain, the wrongness, and then they could run away again. She could take him to see the stars. They could be together again.

But he didn’t save her, he didn’t stop the wrongness. He knew what she had become. She felt the anguish in his mind when he saw what the Survivor had done to her. But he had left again, left her alone.

He was still here – but the Survivor had him. He had tried to stop the Survivor and save her but he couldn’t. And then the wrongness doubled.

She was the cause of it. She caused the two timelines to collide. She caused the humans from their future to kill the humans from their past. She screamed in silence all through that year but no one could hear her. The wrongness made her want to destroy herself, but she couldn’t. She could only do what the Survivor told her to.

She could feel her Thief’s friends down below, the ones who had live in her and travelled with him to distant stars. She felt their presence every time she was on Earth but didn’t often meet them again.

She felt the Protector with her children – oh her children, far too young. She felt the Solider, loyal to the last. She felt the Warrior, who burned in a brilliant explosion – a fitting ending, really. She felt the Teachers, separated by her paradox. She felt them all, some living, some dying. And she mourned for her Thief’s friends.

She followed the Wanderer as she travelled the world – if she didn’t focus on something she would go mad because of the wrongness. It was easiest to follow her– the Wanderer carried a part of her, one of her keys.

And she screamed. She screamed for so long because it was so wrong. She wanted to run, but she couldn’t.

And then it changed. She felt the Wanderer return. She felt the world singing, singing of her Thief. She felt the world changing. And she felt him.

He was wrong as well. She didn’t want him to come inside, but she knew he was a friend of her Thief. He stopped the wrongness. He changed it, sent the humans from the future back into their own time. And the wrongness was gone. His wrongness was still there of course, but she could cope with that now. The wrongness was gone and she was free! She was free again! She was free to travel the stars! Free to dance with her Thief! She was free and the wrongness was gone!

Her Thief returned and she felt his grief. She tried to comfort him but he didn’t let her in. The Survivor was a survivor no more, and her Thief was The Last again. She felt his sadness and she shared it.

Then the Wanderer left, and it was just them again. Just her Thief and herself, dancing through the stars, putting things right, changing the wrong. And she was happy, oh so happy, because she wasn’t wrong anymore! She was free and so was he!
Woogwoo Wren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Mea Culpa

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:28 pm

Fifth Doctor, Nyssa
702 words

Nyssa found him in the cloister room. He was sitting on the stairs, staring at the eye of harmony in the centre of the room. He looked up as Nyssa entered the large room and seemed relieved to see it was her.

Nyssa could tell he needed some company at the moment. So, she crossed the room to join him.

“Hello Nyssa,” the Doctor said, smiling at her. He seemed happy enough, but Nyssa could tell there was something bothering him. After a second’s consideration, she decided that it would be best to be subtle.

“Hiding from Tegan?” she asked, smiling and sitting beside him.

“Thinking,” the Doctor replied, slightly indignantly. Then he smiled sheepishly and added, “And yes, perhaps I am hiding from Tegan.”

“It is good to have her back,” Nyssa said. “Even though she can be very difficult.”

They were silent for a long moment, enjoying each other company. Before Tegan had left, it would have been a slightly awkward silence, but after it was just the two of them, they had both become more comfortable in each other’s company, forming a strong friendship.

Eventually, Nyssa decided that subtlety wasn’t getting her anywhere, and asked, “Is something wrong, Doctor?”

He sighed, shifting his weight.

“I’ve been thinking. No one has ever come back before.” Nyssa nodded, sensing he had more to say.

“I made a promise once,” he said quietly. “And I still haven’t kept it. I promised someone close to me I would come back. But I haven’t returned. I keep putting it off – I have a time machine, I can see her anytime I want. I’m beginning to wonder if I’ll ever go back.”

He turned to look at Nyssa, his too old eyes staring out at her from a young face.

“Because when I leave someone behind, I never go back.”

“Even if you don’t mean to?” Nyssa asked. The Doctor nodded, turning to face the eye of harmony again.

“Even if I don’t want to.”

Again, they were quiet. This time it was the Doctor who broke the silence.

“I think she’s still angry at me,” he said softly.

“For leaving her?” Nyssa asked, already knowing that wasn’t what he meant. With a shake of his head, he confirmed her thoughts.

“She’s right to be angry though.”

“It wasn’t your fault, Doctor,” Nyssa said.

“I left him. I left him and he died. It was my fault.”

“No. You couldn’t do anything. It wasn’t anyone’s fault.” She lowered her head, staring at the steps below her. She really should listen to her own advice. But however hard she tried, she couldn’t shake the guilt clinging to her.

“I keep thinking of ways I could have saved him. I keep thinking of how I left him. And I understand why Tegan is angry.”

Nyssa sighed. “We can’t carry the blame for everyone we couldn't save.” Listen to what you’re saying Nyssa, she told herself angrily. But she still felt the guilt.

“But I do,” the Doctor said, so quietly Nyssa could barely hear him. “I see them all, the UNIT soldier, shot down beside me. The Thal warrior, killed by Daleks. The countless innocents I couldn’t save. Adric. It’s my fault they’re dead.”

“You can’t save everyone,” Nyssa said quietly. She carried her own guilt – her survivor’s guilt. She lived while her whole planet had been wiped out. And she hadn’t been able to do anything but watch.

“I think Tegan feels guilty as well,” she added. “That’s why she’s angry. She doesn’t want to feel the guilt so she takes it out on you.

“We all feel guilty Doctor, that doesn’t mean we’re to blame. Sometimes bad things happen.”

“I know. Everything has its time and everything dies.”

Nyssa nodded, falling silent. She still dreamt of Traken dying, of her father’s body – stolen. She still wept, silently, in the comfort of the darkness of her room for those she had lost. She would always feel guilty. And she knew the Doctor would as well. Only he would carry that guilt with him long after she was dead and her burden lifted from her shoulders.

“Sometimes we just have to learn to live with the guilt.”
Woogwoo Wren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The little things.

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:30 pm

Fifth Doctor, Nyssa, Tegan Jovanka
Based after Earthshock
301 words

I am not over Adric's death, in case you haven't noticed.

It was the little things that stood out the most.

It was the Doctor standing at the console, unsure of what he was doing because he had gone to set the co-ordinates prepared to fix any meddling done only to find everything in order.

It was Tegan making a huge mess in the kitchen because it hadn’t been messy in weeks and there should be grubby fingerprints on the cookie jar and crumbs covering the bench and a toppled over chair because someone tried to reach something on the top shelf.

It was Nyssa working on a delicate experiment, wishing a certain annoying, loud-mouthed boy would burst into the room unannounced and mess everything up because that always happened and she would give anything for it to happen again but everything was quiet and the experiment was finished for once.

It was the three of them looking to the missing member of their party for mathematical expertise only to find themselves staring at each other, Nyssa’s lips quivering, Tegan turning away so neither of them could see the tears in her eyes and the Doctor’s hearts breaking for both his friends and wishing he could turn back time.

Because he could do many things with time, jump forward, move back, even step outside time, in a way.

But he could never turn back time.

It was the little things that stood out the most.

It was the small, blue painted gold star that lay crushed on the console room floor, the small, blue painted gold star that none of them dared touch for a long time after, the small, blue painted gold star the Doctor finally gathered up and buried because what else did they have?

It was the silence, stretching through the TARDIS, louder than anything they had heard before.
Woogwoo Wren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Doctor Who Dump.

Postby Ranger of the North » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:35 pm

'Eyy, I understand half of these now! XD

These are really super good, dude. You need to write more!
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me