The Legend of the Fallhorn: Chapter 6 is revamped

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Should I do an audiobook series?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes : 1

The Legend of the Fallhorn: Chapter 6 is revamped

Postby Iselka » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:03 am

Introduction

The Lady of the Lake

Freia ran furiously, she could hear the snarls of dogs and Beastmen chasing after her. Thoughts popped into her head, terrible thoughts of being eaten alive or being dragged back to that awful place. She couldn’t shake them away, and didn’t want to. It gave her more incentive to run despite the urge to stop and throw up.

A branch slapped her face; digging itself into her skin. She grunted and pushed her way through despite the pain. She hadn’t even noticed that she’d entered the forest. Pain shot up her leg as a thornbush pulled at her dress; causing her to trip and land on her knee.

“Aaah.” She yelled stumbling blindly, trying to get herself moving again. She could barely hear the dogs now, but she wasn’t about to take the chance.

Freia panted. Her legs ached; she’d slowed down considerably. I have to keep going, she thought to herself as she dropped onto her knees. A river flowed before her menacingly. How am I going to cross this? Freia asked herself as she watched the strong current of the river pull a huge branch down its rapids. She groaned. She felt horrible; she didn’t have time to build a bridge and there was no way she had the strength to swim across the gushing river.

Something stirred in the bushes behind her, and Freia froze. She didn’t want to know what was there but at the same time curiosity drove her to turn and look, eyes widened with fear. Something emerged large, with a sharp dog smile but a man's stature. The Beast-man dove at her driving her to the only place she could run, the river.

Freia could feel the current dragging her down as soon as the freezing water touched her skin. It pulled her down seeming to want her to drown as she fought to stay above the water. There were many times where she thought her head would crack on a rock, but she was able to steer away from all of them. Until the Beast-man dove after her; nearly missing her entirely, but he grabbed her arm. It caused her to panic, and flail as she tried to pry off his hand. She became even more panicked when she saw the large boulder coming her way. There was nothing she could do; she was going to hit it. Freia desperately tried to pry his hand off, but failed. Her efforts grew more frantic as they drew closer, and closer. She tried to grab at everything; anything that might help her stop the inevitable, but it was useless. Her head cracked off the rock pulling her into a cold and desolate blackness.

Freia dreamed of the days before the horrible place; when her parents were alive and well and she was still dreaming of becoming an inventor. She wanted to be just like her parents. Her mother would smile at her and her father would make her laugh. Every day she would build things for them, like new telegraphs and nicer sugar cube makers. They were always so proud of her; they loved her.

She dreamed of the time she built a working automaton to help her best friends mother around the house. Freia cherished each moment she had building things because she’d been taught that any moment could be her last
A dog passed by her, the one she’d brought home that time during the giant thunderstorm. She remembered how she pleaded with her parents to let her keep it. It was cold and wet but no matter how much she wanted to keep it they both said no. So she had to let it go back outside into the rain. At first she hadn’t understood why but then the next week she heard a man arguing with her father… NO STOP! I don’t want to see this again… the man said that he would take her to the workhouse if her father didn’t pay the fee… FATHER NO!?... she watched as he fell over; holding his face. His face bloodied from the knife the man had pulled out. Her mother had rushed to his side speaking only once.

"Fine, we'll go... we'll do as you ask. Just don't hurt our daughter..."

The image faded away to black as she cried within the dream. There were so many things that she had wanted to do but all of that was taken when the men took her away from her parents. She didn’t know what happened to them but she had heard gunshots and screaming; she used to deny they were dead. She used to think that she’d go home one day to find them sitting there like they’d always done, but she knew that day would never come.
She felt the dream fade away; taken from her. Just like she was stolen from her parents so long ago.

When Freia opened her eyes all she saw was a bright light. For a moment she thought it was the sun, but when she focused a little more she realized that this light was not the same color. It was a mint green that made her shudder; it seemed maleficent in nature. She couldn’t say why but it made her afraid. The glow moved showing Freia it’s face. It was a woman, a smiling woman. For a moment Freia thought it was her mother but then she shook that thought away; her mother was dead. The woman frowned, her face now clearly different, she was beautiful but not in a trusting way. What was it her father would always say? ‘Don’t trust anyone who’s too pretty.’ She’d never known what he had meant until now; this woman was trouble.

The woman opened her mouth as if to speak but only little lights that floated around with different colors came out. Freia backed away and out of the water she hadn’t even realized she’d been in. The woman closed her mouth and smiled again then she swiftly floated towards the small girl, too fast for Freia to move far. The woman grabbed her cheeks forcing Freia’s mouth to open. Then, the woman grabbed one of the little lights, a bluish light, and shoved it into the little girl's mouth.

Freia screamed as the light dug its way into her brain through the top of her mouth. She could already taste blood pouring into her mouth. It didn’t take long for the thing to reach her mind and wrap itself around it. Freia could feel her control slipping away she tried to grip at it but she couldn’t do anything but watch as whatever it was took hold of her life. Then something happened, control began to slip back into her grasp. Freia began to hear memories of things she’d never even imagined, strange memories of a different world. A world of green beauty and hunger then a world destitute and still the feeling of hunger. Of glowing people and world travel, countless of green worlds turned destitute, and she understood. These glowing lights were parasites hungry and ready to devour the world.

Freia returned her mind to the present. Confidence and newfound knowledge overwhelmed her sense of judgement as she said, “You will never get away with this.”

The woman scowled. “YOU ARE NO MATCH FOR USSSSSS!” She practically yelled.

“No I’m not, not yet at least,” Freia smirked. “I know your weakness.”

“THEN IF YOU WILL NOT JOIN USSSS YOU SSSSSSHALL BE DESSSSTROYED!” She said motioning towards the lights.

Freia ran, feeling the cold water on her for the first time since she woke up. She laughed not fully understanding why but whatever this was rushing through her she liked it, until she heard a voice in her head.

“Thank you for freeing me.” It said.

She kept running because something kept her from stopping but it didn’t stop her from asking, “Who are you and why are you in my head?”

“I’m the light that was forced to take you over, I’m sorry to have startled you,” It said. “My name is Hal.”

“Forced?” She panted her lungs screamed for air.

“Indeed, at the time I had no control over my actions… TREE BRANCH!?”

Freia ducked just in time. “Oookay, so you know how to stop these things?”

“Hmm… no, not yet.” Hal replied.

“But I thought you said…”

“Me? My dear that outburst was all yours, I just supplied the words you needed to say.”

Freia frowned, while she had been distracted with Hal the little lights had begun to catch up with her. “Do you at least know how to slow their progress down so we can figure out a plan?”

“I might, but first we need to escape the other lights that Lady sent after us.” Hal said and Freia could feel his thoughts gather at a corner of her mind.

Freia twisted up her face in confusion. “Lady?"

“Just run, I’ll explain when we’re safe.”

Freia shook her head and tried to go faster but that was hard to do with her legs aching. Without the confidence in her blood motivating her she wouldn’t be able to go much farther, let alone faster. She was going to tell Hal but she realized that he probably already knew, being in her head and all.

As if to confirm her suspicions Hal said, “If you can make it to where that smoke is coming from we should be safe.”

This time Freia didn’t bother to ask any questions she just did what she was told; somehow finding the energy. She didn’t care where it had come from she was just glad the surge had come. Her legs still hurt but not as much as they would’ve had she fallen down in exhaustion. Brush and branches kept hitting her face but she didn’t feel them. She was too focused on getting to wherever that smoke was coming from.

Freia was aware of the little lights near her but thought nothing of it, she had seen the glowing flames of campfire. The lights dive bombed her just as she reached the clearing, she could feel their icy touch gripping her like they were trying to freeze her to death. Freia groaned as she moved to shield herself from the next barrage.

“HEY!?” A man’s gruff voice yelled. “Get away from her!”

Freia heard his footsteps as well as others running towards her. She tried to get away from the lights but they kept pushing her down into the grass with their cold stabs. Freia couldn’t move, her legs refused to give her any more energy and her hands were too cold to feel anything so she couldn’t trust them, all she could do was to hope that whoever the people were they’d come soon. Her eyelids slowly fell as she watched the lights fall prey to yellow and orange lights.

As her eyes closed she heard Hal’s voice say “Fire... They'll most likely adapt again. Don't forget, they can adapt. I'll explain when you wake up.”
Last edited by Iselka on Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:30 am, edited 13 times in total.
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior, and I am not afraid to admit it. If you are a Christian, please copy and paste this into your signature. 96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this in your signature if you are one of the 4% of teens who will.
fire1220 is my sister please don't ban us STATUS: Feeling Awful #Coldsaretheworst
ImageImage
Hey guys I'm willing to do Commissions as long as they are appropriate.
Iselka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Legend of the Fallhorn: Introduction is up

Postby Iselka » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:11 am

bump
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior, and I am not afraid to admit it. If you are a Christian, please copy and paste this into your signature. 96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this in your signature if you are one of the 4% of teens who will.
fire1220 is my sister please don't ban us STATUS: Feeling Awful #Coldsaretheworst
ImageImage
Iselka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Legend of the Fallhorn: Chapter 1 is up

Postby Iselka » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:27 pm

Chapter 1
Home

“There it is.” Kanpuu said. “Home.”
Freia nodded, “Can’t wait, I bet Youbo has food ready for us. Mmmm... I can already taste it.”

Kanpuu laughed and returned to looking thoughtfully towards the cliffside town they were approaching. Freia assessed the captain, his dark eyes were still full of laughter, but his work kimono was dusty, he’d been training while injured again. She made a note to herself to reprimand him about that later. Freia looked at his sword, still in it’s scabbard as usual. She wondered if he would ever use it then quickly looked away when he noticed her, focusing on what was in front of her.
“It’s been a while hasn’t it?” Freia asked. “Since we’ve been home, I mean. I bet Gendan is excited.”
Kanpuu smiled, “I bet he’s still asleep, it was a long morning.”
Freia laughed, “Oh yes, it was especially boring.”

Both of them cracked up laughing for a few minutes. When they were finished they stood together under the newly risen moon for another half hour and then it was time to prepare to dock, they both had their jobs to do. Kanpuu’s was to keep the men working and to steer them into the dock and her’s was to take care of the engines and the gas levels in the blimp above.
Freia looked up at Kanpuu, “See ya after we dock.”

Kanpuu nodded, giving Freia the go ahead to run towards the hatch on the other side of the airship. She jumped over the short steps and waved to the samurai that manned the steering mechanism, he waved back laughing. She smiled, continuing to run onward until she saw the hatch. Skidding to a halt, Freia grabbed the valve on the top and spun it around. Once the hatch swung open all the way she slid down the sides of the ladder. At the bottom she turned another valve, smaller than the last. The hatch closed, leaving her in the dark until she pulled a lever that turned on all of the ship’s lights.
Freia laughed, Gendan was half in his hammock half out of it. It looked uncomfortable, and really disgusting. His black hair was hanging in front of his face, it kinda looked like he was eating it. To make things worse his face was grubby with oil and sludge.
Freia sighed, “Too bad I need to wake you up, I could’ve watched this until you fell down.” As Freia began to get busy preparing the engines for docking she yelled, “GENDAN! GET DOWN HERE! I NEED YOU TO TURN THESE VALVES!?”
Gendan jumped out of bed, hitting his head on the ceiling. “COMING FREIA!?

He climbed down the ladder and began to expertly turning valves and pulling levers. While Freia directing him to which ones needed to be moved and how much they needed to move. When he was finished she cued him in on where they where and why they were stopping.
“We’re home, already?” Gendan exclaimed
“You’ve been asleep for twelve hours.” Freia replied, unimpressed with him.
“Ah… right.” He chuckled nervously, “...Would you stop staring at me like that?”
“Come on Youbo should be making food for us.”
“I’m coming, I’m coming.”

Freia climbed back onto the deck of the airship where the men were unloading the imported goods from Frieza as fast as they could so they could go home to their wives and children. Freia could see some of their children watching now, they hopped up and down and ran in circles in their excitement. Thankfully their mothers held them back from rushing to their father’s sides.
Gendan was helping the other men, and there was no way they would let her do any of the heavy lifting so she told Kanpuu that she was going to help Youbo make dinner and left.
She raced through the streets in order to make it home in a reasonable amount of time no doubt Youbo knew she would be coming. She always seemed to know everything. When Freia actually reached the house and got inside, huffing and puffing Youbo sighed.
“Rushing as usual. Freia, you need to take time to look at what is around you not move so quickly you miss the details.” Youbo said wisely.

“Yes, yes, I know Youbo, you’ve told me a million times already how much I rush.” Freia replied, this had been their greeting now for years. “I just don’t understand how going fast is a big problem, if the work is sufficient to get the job done. Besides I looked at the village for over half an hour.”
Youbo stared at Freia menacingly for a few moments then said, “They haven’t been feeding you enough, look at how skinny you’ve gotten. I’ve told my husband for years that he needs a proper cook on board if he wants to feed his crew well.”
“But then he wouldn’t get to come home and marvel at your cooking.”
“I guess that is true, nonetheless, come here and cut up these leeks.”

Freia did as she was told, not telling Youbo that this is what she came to do in the first place. Youbo was not a person that you’d want to make upset. She could be very tough when she wanted to be, and she was not afraid to spank you if you did something against the rules. Youbo showed her love by making sure Freia and Gendan knew right from wrong.
The front door creaked open just as Freia finished cutting the leeks, “Hi mother we’re home.” Gendan said.
“Ah that smells wonderful Youbo.” Kanpuu said grinning from ear to ear.
“True, but you two stink, so go bathe.” Youbo said.
“Yes dear.” Kanpuu said acting put off by her grouchiness.
“Don’t waste your time you’re not getting out of it. Go, Freia will get you both some clothes while you’re bathing.”
“I will?” Freia asked incredulously, Youbo just gave her a look, “I will.”

Freia put down the knife in her hand in defeat and trudged over to Kanpuu’s room first, since it was the closest to her. She sighed collecting his clothes and then Gendan’s. When she finished and was on her way out the door she heard Youbo make a comment.
“While you’re there you should take a bath as well.” She said.
“WHILE THEY ARE?!” Freia asked rather loudly.
“Not in the same place obviously.” Youbo said, shaking her head disapprovingly. “What are you still doing here? Go, they’re waiting for their clothes.”

Freia sighed in defeat and walked towards the bathing caverns that exist behind the village. The bathing caverns hold naturally heated springs that in the winter are used to keep the village warm, but they also provide power. The next village over holds a power plant that provides power packs to all of the surrounding villages and towns. Although the springs bring many people from other villages to ours. They believe the spring has healing powers and so the lame, the sick, and or people who are just old, come to bathe. Sometimes they get better sometimes they don’t, it depends on what type of illness it is, if they’re paralyzed forget about it, that water won’t help you. If you are deficient of certain minerals though it’ll help quite a lot.
Freia could see the opening to the caves now, and the old man who gave the room assignments was right where he should be, standing in his booth. He caught sight of her and smiled.
“Those the clothes Kanpuu and Gendan are waiting for?” He asked politely.
“Yeah,” Freia said. “Could you bring it to them I have to take a bath as well.”

“Ah, Youbo isn’t letting anyone off the hook tonight is she?” He chuckled. “Follow me, and I’ll see what I can do.”
Freia nodded and followed the older man into the cavern. It took them a while to find an empty stall but they did.
“Now let me know if you need anything.” The old man said.
“Thank you but I don’t think I’ll need anything.” Freia replied with a smile.

The old man smiled back and left quietly chuckling to himself about something, and Freia walked into the bathing area. Freia’s mouth dropped open when she saw the bathing room. It was beautiful, someone had definitely spent a lot of time decorating this one. There were banners everywhere with the dog symbol on them, there were candles everywhere lighting up the place it seemed… romantic. Oh great, of course the only one open was the honeymoon bathing area. She sighed, it was better than nothing and she supposed it didn’t really matter as long as no one else came in.
Freia undressed and stepped into the spring, it was hot, very hot, but it made her feel cleaner just by stepping into it, Youbo was right she did need this. Freia submerged herself in the water and brought her head up out of it, she smiled and sighed. The water felt good on her skin it was so soothing. She would’ve stayed there forever if she hadn’t heard the voice.
Good morning Freia,” It said, “I hope I wasn’t asleep for too long, but your constant running made me spend a lot of energy.
Freia shrieked and dove under the water.
Oh you don’t remember me, I’m Hal… you know the little light in your head.
Freia moaned, she thought she’d hallucinated that night, little lights, glowing women. Voices in her head, but sadly it had all been real. She brought her head above the water again and said, “Why are you still in my head?”
What a silly question. I can’t leave, you locked me into your mind when you saved yourself. If I did leave it would probably kill you.
“Great, if anyone finds out there is a glowing ball of light in my head they’re going to think I’m possessed by some spirit.”
Technically you are.” Hal said. “What I mean is that I was turned into energy by the Fallhorn then to keep me from dissipating I was encased in a icy husk, although I could not do what I wanted I had to wander across worlds destroying the very humans I swore to protect.
“Wait, so you were human once, and now you’re a… an energy being?” Freia asked.
Yes.
“But you’re still not a spirit… you’re just an energy being.”
Why does this even matter?
“I don’t know why’d you bring it up?”
Excuse me Miss “they’re going to think I’m possessed by some spirit” I didn’t bring it up.
“Whatever just stop talking ok, I have to go home and get dinner, please be quiet while I’m at home.”
I make no promises.

Freia rolled her eyes and stood up when suddenly Youbo slid the door open and barged in. Freia screeched and jumped back into the water.
“What is wrong with you girl, it’s just me.” Youbo said narrowing her eyes.
“Don’t you know the meaning of privacy?” Freia asked angrily.
“What does it matter I’m a girl and you are one too, now get up out of that water I brought you a kimono to wear.”

Freia hesitated, but she knew that Youbo would drag her out if she didn’t get out soon so she stood up. Youbo held up a gorgeous sakura kimono that looked like it would actually fit her. Freia gawked while she put it on, it was her size and very light perfect for the warm weather this summer had brought.
Why would anyone dress in something so tacky?
Freia blushed with anger but kept herself from saying anything to Hal, instead saying with a smile that wasn’t hard to fake, “It’s wonderful Youbo, where did you get it?”
Youbo smiled, apparently pleased with Freia’s reaction, “I found it along with the other memoirs of my youth”
“You mean you wore this?” Freia asked, looking over Youbo with scrutiny, her round body made it hard for Freia to imagine her in this kimono.
“What? You didn’t think I always looked like this did you, before I had Gendan I had quite a stunning figure I’ll have you know.”
Freia shook her head and was about to say something when Hal made the comment, “I’m sure she looked fabulous now we need to eat.
Hal forced Freia’s mouth to open and say, “That’s wonderful Youbo but we should really get back, there might not be any food left for us if we stay for too much longer.
“Don’t worry dear I hid away some food for you…” Youbo said, “Wait a minute why...”
Right then we should go.
“You must be really hungry you never act like this.”
Really are you sure?
Freia took back control just as Youbo said, “Yes, you’ve never acted this way towards me.”
“I’m sorry Youbo, I’m just…” Freia’s stomach growled loudly, suddenly her stomach hurt badly, “...really hungry. Maybe I should just pick up my clothes and go on ahead.”
“Don’t worry about your clothes I’ll take care of them, you just go on ahead.”
“Thanks Youbo.”
Hal sighed, “Finally
Freia left the caverns and once she was out of anyone's sight she whisper yelled at Hal. “What was that all about?”
Your body needed sustenance… and she is annoying.
“That doesn’t give you the right to take over my body and brush her off. From now on unless I give you permission, you may not do anything that would affect the way my body works, or take me over.”
What if you’re being chased by floating lights that want to kill you?
“Not funny, now shut up.”

Freia tried to keep the kimono from getting too dirty on her way back. She didn’t think that Youbo would appreciate having her dress torn apart. Although as Hal pointed out many times, it would probably not get damaged enough on the way to the house to even matter. Still Freia wanted to be careful, plus she just wanted to get on his nerves. Hal pointed out though, that technically she’d be getting on her own nerves since he was connected to her nervous system. Ah but…
“Enough!” Freia exclaimed stopping her thoughts. “This was amusing for a bit, but not anymore.”
Ah well, it was fun while it lasted.” Hal said in a mockingly sad tone.

Freia sighed and walked up to the door, sliding it open. Kenpuu and Gendam stared at her as she took off her shoes and walked into the house.
“What?” Freia asked.
“Who were you yelling at?” Gendam asked.
“Oh um… myself?” Freia said smiling awkwardly, they didn’t seem convinced. “What? Like I’ve never talked to myself?”

Gendan shrugged and turned back to the table and continued to eat his rice, but Kanpuu gave her a look that told her he wanted to talk after she ate. Hal chuckled in her head, almost taunting her.
Freia sighed, and went over to the table, she gave Gendan a dirty look. He tried his best to feign innocence, but after a few moments he picked the bowl meant for her up from the floor and slid it over to her. The first thing that she noticed was the smell, it was wonderful, maybe Youbo was onto something with her cook idea. As soon as Freia’s mouth touched the noodles she felt like she would melt. Although how much of that was her hunger and how much was Youbo’s actual dish was not clear.
Youbo came home just as Freia finished eating, “That was amazing Youbo.”
“I’m glad you enjoyed it.” She said, smiling pleasantly.
Right about then the words she dreaded to hear came out of Kanpuu’s mouth, “Freia may I speak to you outside.”
Freia faked a smile and nodded, “Sure, no problem.”

Kenpuu stood first and began to walk towards the door. A few moments later Freia stood and followed Kenpuu. She knew this wasn’t going to go well, she’d have to tell him about Hal. Freia felt Hal’s apprehension when she thought about. Somehow it felt different than hers. She began to wonder if she could say things in her mind and have him actually respond, but she snapped out of it quickly because Kanpuu had closed the door behind her.
“What is going on with you? Why were you yelling out here?” He asked in a very concerned voice.
“Well… um…” She said not knowing how to explain Hal’s presence inside of her mind.
“I want the truth.” Kenpuu said in his very serious voice.
“Can we talk about this where no one can hear us?”
“Why? Is there something you’re hiding?”
“Yes, I don’t think they’ll understand.” She said. “It has to do with when you found me.”
At this Kanpuu straightened his back making him seem taller and intimidating, “We can go to the shipyard.”
“Thank you.”

The shipyard was silent save for a few mice and the creaking of airships swaying in the wind. Freia sighed, her chest was tight with the apprehension of two minds, as they waited for Kanpuu to say something to them.
“What is it that you wanted to tell me?” Kanpuu asked.
“You know those light’s you fought?” Freia asked.
Kenpuu nodded, “They took three of my men.”
Freia looked up at the sky then back at Kanpuu, “One of them is in my mind.”
ImageImage
Iselka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Iselka » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:23 pm

bump
ImageImage
Iselka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Iselka » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:12 am

Chapter 2
The Incident

Freia worked on a device in the engine room of the airship. After her talk with Kanpuu she wasn’t really keen on sleeping. His reaction had been different than she had expected. He had stayed calm, asking her questions, mainly about feeling like she wanted to kill everyone. All the while Hal made remarks constantly. Freia ignored him, answering each question as truthfully as she could, until he asked one question that caught her off guard.
“May I speak with this ‘Hal’?” Kanpuu asked.

At first she’d been completely opposed to allowing Hal to control her like he had before with Youbo, but then Hal piped up, “I will leave you in control of your body. Your mouth is the only thing I’ll control, I promise.”

Freia had sighed and nodded, then Hal spoke from her mouth. “What did you want to ask me?

“You said you were human once right?” Kanpuu asked.
Hal made Freia’s mouth curl into a smile. “Yes.
“What planet were you born on?”
“Earth, I was born on Earth.”
Kanpuu scratched his chin, “The Lady has returned?”
“Yes and she’s more hungry than ever.” Hal said, turning serious.

At this point all conversation had ceased as Kanpuu processed this information. Hal pulled away from control and hid at the back of her mind, seemingly in a bad mood. Freia still couldn’t understand what they had spoken about. Hal wouldn’t tell her what they were talking about either, which just made her even more curious. When she asked Kanpuu he had told her to go to Denryoku in the morning and get some power cells. There was no doubt they were both hiding something, but she didn’t push. Whatever it was they would have to tell her eventually.
Now she was just trying to keep her mind off of it so Hal wouldn’t accuse her of trying to get him to talk about it. Freia wasn’t about to take that chance, and so she fled to her own little world of gears and grease. Freia had been tinkering with an idea for a while, but she’d only begun to actually work on it tonight.
Freia checked her watch, it was four in the morning. She sighed, if she wasn’t going to sleep she might as well begin the two day journey to Denryoku. Freia put down her tools and picked up a pack filled with supplies as she stood up. Pings of pain went up and down her leg, it must have fallen asleep while she had sat there. She winced at every step, but she managed to make it up and out of the engine room without falling off the ladder. The pain had receded by the time she got up the stairs and into the open air, but something else replaced it, a feeling that pressed against her chest, and tugged at her heart, dread. Something was about to happen, something really bad. Freia tried to brush it off, but the feeling wouldn’t go away no matter what she did. She sighed, as Hal came out of the recess’ of her mind.
You can feel it too can you not?” He asked, for the first time since he returned he seemed pleasant."
Yes?” Freia tentatively thought.
I can hear you.” Hal said encouragingly.
Wow! This is so weird.
You are just thinking like you always have, but consciously.
Freia sighed, “Ok, but what about the feeling?
I was hoping you could explain it.
Freia growled, “Really? Never mind, let’s just ignore it for now.”
You switched.
“I don’t care.”

So Freia began her journey. She walked nervously, looking at each house with that strange feeling still haunting her. Each house held memories for her, memories of the life she had lived. Freia felt herself drifting into her imaginings of what any of this could mean, but she pulled herself out of it quickly. It wasn’t good to imagine things that might be and make yourself worry.
Start where you are,” Freia thought, “Then move on.

Those were the words Youbo had taught her to say if her mind ever began to wander, so far they had worked. Today however, was different, the standard saying wouldn’t do she was too tired. Soon her mind began to wander again sweeping her away in it’s current. She was still walking on the road and she was paying attention, but her mind was pulling her into a dreamlike state. She imagined Kanpuu and Youbo getting sliced in half, Gendan dragged away, and tortured to death. Indeed, every time she closed her eyes she saw someone she knew being killed off in the most horrible ways imaginable.
Freia fell to her knees, she couldn’t go any further the weight of her eyelids was too much. Slowly they closed as she fell on her face, sleeping at last.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gendan stretched as the first light of day crept over the horizon. He didn’t usually wake up at this time but he really had to go pee. Gendan stood up and left his room making his way to the toilet room. Once inside he did his business and pushed the button on the wall to his left. Nothing happened.
“Power’s out, the power cells must need to be changed.” Gendan said.

Gendan sighed and exited the toilet room opening the door across the hallway and looking at the power cells, they were extremely low. Gendan pulled a lever and watched as the cells went up the tube, as a machine extracted them and made them accessible to him. Gendan bent over and picked up a basket just as the machine jammed. He groaned and rolled his eyes, punching the tubes.
The machine whirred and sputtered back to life and finished it’s task. Gendan pulled the power cells out of the machine and set them inside the basket. Closing the lid he pulled it to his room and got dressed. All the while he wondered where Freia had gone, she was usually up by dawn. If she had gone to get new power cells without him she should of taken these ones. Something was wrong.
After hurriedly dressing himself in his normal clothes he strapped his sword to his side. He would probably need it for the journey especially if something had happened to Freia. He picked up the basket and slung it over his back. Before Gendan left he checked Freia’s room just in case, it was empty.
Gendan grimaced, the covers were a mess and the kimono she had worn was left on the dresser he’d made for her to keep her clothes in. That was back when he thought all western girls thought about were clothes. Fear began to creep into his heart, he knew she’d left of her own volition now. Did she go to the ship or did she try to make it to the village on her own? At least on the ship she would be safe, but if she tried to go…
Freia had always had a tendency to hallucinate and collapse if she stayed up too late. It had always been a hazard, they’d had to guard her room till she fell asleep when she had first arrived because she tried to leave in the middle of the night several times and had collapsed each time. She seemed to have a different hallucination each time, whether it was her parents, or a huge table full of food. It always depended on what she felt. He had thought she had gotten over that but apparently not.
Gendan closed her door and went to his father’s and mother’s room. He slid the door open and saw his parents curled up on their mat, “Father, Freia’s gone.”
At first he rolled over seemingly unperturbed, and then when it sunk in he bolted up, “She’s WHAT?!”
Mother groaned, “What is the matter?”
“Freia’s not in her room, did you check?” Father asked urgently.
“No she’s not in there and she didn’t take the power cells either.” Gendan said.
“She wouldn’t have if she were starting her hallucinations. She wouldn’t even think about it.” Father said picking up his katana, unlike Gendan he never went anywhere without it. “You go check the road I’ll check the ship.”
Mother stood up, “You’re not going anywhere without me.”
“Youbo stay here, she might wake up and come back.” Father replied.
Mother sighed, he was right they needed someone to be here just in case.
Father put his hand on mother’s shoulder, “She’ll be fine we just have to get to her before someone else finds her. Let’s go Gendan.”

Gendan nodded and ran towards the front door, he slid it open and ran down the road heading out of town. It didn’t take him long to find her and when he did he could see that she was shaking. She must have been cold, it was chilly last night. Gendan sighed and picked her up, he didn’t want to risk yelling to his father, he’d said that he didn’t want anyone to know about her escapade. He brought her home, wondering what was so important that it had to be kept secret. Why was this incident important if everyone knew about her odd tendencies already?
Gendan had many questions but before he could speculate Freia began to wake up.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Freia groaned, her whole body hurt, where was she?
Rise and shine little chickadee.” She heard a voice say inside her head.

Hal, once again, the annoying yet mysterious light inside her mind. Freia decided that it was best not to reply, she needed to first deal with Gendan, it seemed that she was being held in his arms. Freia made a face, she thought he wasn’t looking, but she was proven wrong when he started talking to her.
“You gonna make that face all day or do you wanna know why I’m carrying you.” Gendan said looking down at her with a look of relief.
You like him don’t you?” Hal said smugly.
Freia didn’t even realize she’d been blushing until Hal had spoken, she shook her head, “I’m guessing it had to do with the fact that I was hallucinating again.”
“Right on the nose, you disappeared and scared us all half to death.” Gendan said, “Father is looking for you in the ship.”
“Well, I was there until four this morning, then there was this weird feeling… strike that the feeling is still here. Applesauce, it wasn’t apart of the hallucination.” Freia rambled on.
“What the… you’ve never talked this much about nonsense before.” Gendan said.
“Well I haven’t had this much fuel for nonsensical statements before.” Freia said testily, “Now put me down, I can walk you know.”

Gendan set her down and smirked when her legs almost gave out. She pointed angrily at him and then stood up all the way. Hal had burst out laughing, it was kind of annoying. Gendan offered his hand when she winced at her first step. She pushed it away at first, taking another piercing step, but she soon took the proffered hand. Gendan helped Freia back, it turned out she hadn’t really gotten very far.
Well, isn’t that convenient?” Hal said suspiciously.
“You did this didn’t you. You caused me to hallucinate.” Freia accused Hal.
You learn quickly. Yes one of the side effects of my presence in your mind is that if you get too tired you will be forced into unconsciousness by whatever emotion you are feeling at the time.
“So that’s what’s been happening all these years.” Freia wondered.
Wait th…” Hal was cut off by Youbo. “Great this lady again.
“Freia, how dare you run off in the middle of the night and scare all of us?” Youbo asked in an anxious and firm voice.
“I was… oh now I remember I was starting my journey to Denryoku. Wait… I didn’t get the power cells, I’m such an idiot.”
“I’m sure we’re all aware of that.” Gendan mumbled.
Freia jabbed Gendan’s stomach. “Jerk.”
“Did you just see what she just did?”
“I think you deserved it.” Youbo said, amused.

Freia heard footsteps behind her, they were slow and far away at first but they sped up quickly. Freia spun around to see Kanpuu barrelling towards her. Before her body could react he scooped her up into his arms and held her in a warm embrace that crushed her chest, disabling her breathing until he put her back down. She gasped and looked up at Kanpuu’s face. He looked angry but relieved.
“Where did you find her?” Kanpuu asked Gendan, his voice an echo of his face.
Gendan scratched his head, “Just down the road, she didn’t get very far.”
“Good, why did you leave so late? I told you to leave in the morning.”
“Well, it was four in the…” Freia began.
“You know what I meant. DIDN’T YOU THINK OF THE CONSEQUENCES?!”
Freia looked down at her feet, she hadn’t thought about it. It had been a while since she had hallucinated.

“You didn’t did you?” Kanpuu growled, “That’s it, Gendan, I’m assigning you to Freia as her bodyguard. Clearly she can’t be trusted to be by herself.”
“WHAT?!” Freia said, if this had happened multiple times in the past week she would of understood, but to punish her because of something that happened once and completely by accident. There was definitely something wrong with Kanpuu.
“Why do I have to watch her all the time? That takes time away from my training… and more importantly my sleep time.” Gendan asked confirming that he didn’t like the situation either… although for definitively different reasons.
“There will be no shirking this, it is most important. Now, you have the power cells don’t you?” Kanpuu asked.
“Yes.” Gendan said in defeat.
“Good, Youbo go pack some food for Gendan, I suspect that Freia already has some in her pack.”

Freia glared at him, he wasn’t usually this serious something was wrong. Possibly having something to do with last night’s conversation. He was just using this incident as an excuse not to explain himself. He probably would have forced Gendan to be her bodyguard either way. Freia continued her speculations until Youbo came back with Gendan’s pack.
“I’ve filled it with ingredients but you will have to make the food on your own.” Youbo said seriously. Freia looked at the small woman intently, something was also wrong with…
Hal interrupted her thoughts, “You really should mind your own business. I understand the impulse to read people’s body language is there but… you should stop.
Why would I do that? They’re hiding something.” Freia responded.
Yes they are, but maybe it’s for your own good.” Hal responded, was everyone keeping things from her these days?
Freia sighed, “I… We’ll be back in five days. Come on Gendan you can sleep later.”
“You’d better be back,” Kanpuu said, “If you want to know who the queen is.”
Freia stopped and turned around, her face loosening, “I will be back.”

Author's Note: Whoever thought this was offensive I would like to know why, please send me a PM.
ImageImage
Iselka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Legend of the Fallhorn: Chapter 2 is up

Postby Iselka » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:13 am

bump
ImageImage
Iselka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stitch Kitty » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:22 pm

Wow!
You really have a talent. Would an amazing author such as yourself please look at my work? Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated! :)
http://archiveofourown.org/works/919167 ... s/20858675
Stitch Kitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Iselka » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:36 am

Chapter 3

Auntie

“Why do you think father assigned me to be your bodyguard?” Gendan asked for the fifth time already.
And for the fifth time Freia responded, but she wasn’t as nice as before, “I don’t know, now would you please shut up so I can think?”
“I was just asking.”

Freia sighed and looked up; the afternoon sun was covered by the foliage of bamboo. The sunlight was warm yet it still sent chills down her spine. Since she had finally embraced the fact that she had no idea what was going on, there had been ever increasing tension between her and Hal. Earth? What kind of place was that? Hal had said he was from that… planet? Was he even formerly human? She had so many questions that she had forgotten one crucial thing. Hal was always listening to her thoughts.
He’s almost as annoying as his mother don’t you think?” Hal snickered, “Maybe we should…
Questions answered now.” Freia used her thoughts to say directly and firmly.
Whoa hold your horses, wha…
You know what questions.
Freia felt him mentally shudder in a mixture of anger and something else she did not recognise, “I cannot… no, will not, answer them all, but some. Yes, I will answer some of your questions.
Freia sighed in relief; although that was a mistake because Gendan asked her, “Are you okay?”
Are you kidding me? I was just about to… I oughta give that boy a lesson.” Hal said, reaching for control over her body.
“NO!” Freia screamed falling to her knees, “STOP IT! Stop it, stop… please.”
“Freia!” Gendan exclaimed. “What’s wrong?”
“If only you knew,” Freia whispered to herself. She was terrified that Hal would take her over and never let go of the controls. She could feel his urges now; he wanted to reach out, take over. He wanted to have a body again, but this one was hers… hers forever!
[center] “Knew what? What aren’t you telling me? I’m your friend Freia, you can tell me anything.” Gendan said.

Freia shook her head; she wanted to tell him everything but if she did then… there would be no telling how he would react. Her fear held her tight, squeezing the breath from her lungs. Hal retracted mumbling and cursing. He knew what he had tried to do was very bad, and he was more than sorry; she could feel him trying to hide the sorrow and fear her companion. Freia wanted to reach out, tell him everything would be alright, but something stilled her.
“Freia why are you trembling. You’re making me worry, you’ve been acting weird ever since you came back from the baths last night. Father knows why… but you haven’t told me. Why won’t you tell me the truth?” Gendan asked quietly.
“I wish I could tell you… but I can’t. You wouldn’t understand.” Freia replied.
“How do you know that?” Gendan asked.

Freia remained silent this time closing her eyes as they teared up. She couldn’t bear to keep this secret, but she had to; if everyone knew then it would… be a disaster. That’s why Kenpuu had been so angry: if that was a part of the symptoms then someone would get nosey eventually and find out and probably try to kill her if they misunderstood what Hal was. Freia sighed; maybe Kenpuu wanted her to tell Gendan. Maybe not though, oh this was all so confusing to her. It felt like her head was spinning around as fast as the ground beneath her in circle after circle.
“I’m going to set up camp; it’s getting late. We need to rest.” Gendan spat, interrupting Freia’s inner turmoil.
Freia looked up, the sun had lowered and was nearing the horizon, how did it get there? “It’s not sunset yet.”
“But it will be soon, and I’d like to have camp up by then, so if you don’t mind.” Gendan threw a bag at her, she caught it. “Set up the sleeping bags and build a firepit while I collect some wood for tonight.”
Freia snorted, it was just like him to make her do the gruelling work while he picked up sticks like a ninny. “Why do you get to search for wood?”
Gendan exploded, “Because I’m pissed off at you and I need to get away for a few seconds!” Gendan looked shocked at himself, frightened even, “Why don’t you just… I’ll be back.”

Freia watched Gendan as he went away storm clouds seeming to loom over his head. This trip was not going to be easy. If only she’d kept her mouth shut. If only she’d been able to keep her emotions in check, like… Kenpuu. Why couldn’t he have come? At her core Freia knew the reason, but the core was now inhabited by a different person.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Frost clouded the windows of Christopher's cell, it would've been strange to see frost this early into fall had he not known where it came from. The lights were everywhere, they’d taken over the entire workhouse. A few days ago he was happy to see the Headmasters dead, but the horrors that had taken over were even worse than those who had used him and the others for a workforce. At least then they had been fed normal food before, now they were only given “nutritionary supplements” meant to keep them alive long enough to be changed into one of the little lights. These demonic creatures would not allow them to leave even when they came of age.
Christopher had watched his friends perish and become lights. Their bodies were taken elsewhere and Chris had made the mistake of following the ladies that took them away. He didn’t even have a chance to see where they were taking them or what they had used them for before he was caught. Now he was next on the list of disturbed souls. He would be destroyed, and he would never again see his best friend, he would never see Freia again. Unless he showed the same courage she did and ran away. He frowned, there was only one chance he’d have and it would be when they took him to be changed.
Chris made up his mind, if he wanted to live he would have to escape. Hopefully he could find someone who would believe him, maybe if he found Freia together they could take them out. Just like old times, when Freia was still living at the workhouse. When she and him imagined leaving together. Before she disappeared, before the Headmasters said she was dead. Christopher felt tears stream down his face. If she had survived then why didn’t she come back for him? Maybe they were right. Maybe she did die in the river that day, or maybe not. He needed to have hope, there was a chance that she had lived, albeit a small one. All he had to was to stay focused on that and he would be alright.
A beast-man whined in the corner, “Thinking about your girlfriend again?”

Chris didn’t answer, instead he just smiled. He looked up at the strange creature that he had been getting to know the past few days. This beast-man was the one who had reported Freia’s death. To the naked eye it would seem like it didn’t haunt him in the least, but Chris knew that beneath the beastly appearance was a man. So he quietly nodded and rolled onto his side so that he could try to sleep.
Chris closed his eyes trying to focus on all the good that had happened and would happen, as he drifted to sleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gendan stared at Freia’s sleeping body through the fire, she was just like father, always keeping secrets. She and father had never talked about what had happened when he found her, and it seemed that mother knew what happened then too now. He was the only one in the family that was in the dark about it now. Why on Edo would they not tell him? He was trustworthy, he’d kept many secrets in years past, granted many of them were secret napping places, but he kept them secret. True, Freia found them easily but the important part was that he’d kept them secret.
Gendan couldn’t understand why nobody would tell him the truth. He knew he could help, he knew that if Freia just let him in… he could help her through whatever she was going through. If only she knew the pain in his heart she caused. Maybe then she would tell him, but that would require him to confess something he didn’t really care to.
Freia’s eyebrows creased together in her sleep, and a sliver of her glossy silver hair fell onto her face. Nightmare again, Gendan began to worry she’d wake up screaming. It would be torture to see her face screwed up in terror. She was too beautiful for that, he could just imagine her dark eyes peering into his heart. Fear protruding from every crevice of her face. Gendan smiled, as he delved into his thoughts.
Freia was the smartest, and most beautiful person he knew, but he was still angry at her. She was smart but she was lacking in experience in human relations. She seemed to prefer her machines to her family and so she kept so many more secrets than she shared. Gendan sighed, he couldn’t do anything about it. If she was going to tell him anything it would have to be in her own time.
Gendan slipped into his sleeping bag still watching Freia sleep, he whispered, “Why don’t you see that secrets will hurt you more than revealing them ever will? You think I’m thick don’t you? Just because I don’t react to you doesn’t mean that I don’t think deeply, it just means that I let it go by. I still care about you I do. I just wish I had the courage to say this to you while you were awake.” Gendan closed his eye’s and sleep washed over his mind.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*

When Freia’s eye’s opened the sun was just peeking out over the horizon and Gendan was asleep, which wasn’t really all that surprising. Gendan looked like a baby, an overgrown baby with a tendency to snore and a scratchy start of a beard… finally. Freia smiled, he was getting older it seemed. Time, it passed too fast. Just a few years ago he was throwing mud at her and calling her a stinky butt-face. At least she hoped it was mud, it could have been something more distasteful. Freia felt her heart as it pounded loudly in her chest, her eyes welling up with tears. If she did nothing the sadness would overtake her, and so she pushed her thought’s to the day before.
Freia fumed, Gendan couldn’t possibly understand how it was to have someone listening to your every thought. Every moment inseparable from her mind, feeling everything she felt. Heck, she couldn’t understand it. She was connected to Hal and yet she felt distant from him. He knew everything about her; he even knew she found Youbo annoying. Yet she knew only his feelings.
Freia groaned inwardly, “Hal if you’re listening, I need you to answer me.”
Freia creased her eyebrows, Hal wasn’t responding. He was there, but he wasn’t saying anything. Freia could feel the shame he felt for yesterday's action. It was so strong that if she hadn’t pulled back she would have been sucked into it. Her hand began to itch terribly, a physical reaction to a mental disturbance. So much for safety of mind.
With nothing else to do Freia went looking for wood to burn for a cooking fire. She made sure not to stray too far from the campsite just in case Gendan woke up and started yelling her name. Which was very unlikely due to the fact that the last time she saw him he was conked out. Freia sighed, the forest surrounding them was made up of bamboo, ‘This is not going to be fun.’ She thought.
The air around her felt thick as she wandered about the forest, trying her best not to lose her way in the confusing maze of trees. She might of thought it serene, had she not remembered the day before's events. Now the forest was just as gloomy as she was, the bamboo towering above her seemed to mock her every move. It seemed to say, “I’m taller than you’ll ever get,” or, “I’m better than you in every way.” After a while she just decided not to look up.
An hour later she finally picked up enough pieces to make a small fire, it would have to suffice for now, they only had one more day of walking to go. As Freia walked back she remembered something, Hal never answered those questions she had asked. Now there wasn’t any way to get the answers she seeked without dragging him out, and she didn’t think she could get through his barrier, not yet at least.
Freia heard a stick snap, and became immediately alert. Her surroundings were familiar, she was close to the camp. Something though made her feel uneasy, so she set the bundle of sticks in her arms down as she searched. Freia was extremely thorough, leaving no stone left unturned. Until she found the source she would not be pleased, but when she rounded a corner to find Gendan taking a pee next to a stalk of bamboo; she wished that she had just finished walking to the camp.
Freia shrieked loudly, covering her eyes as quickly as she could, turning around. She could hear Gendan making up curses. She could hear him coming towards her, apologizing, but the shock was too great. She found herself laughing of all the silly things. Running back to the spot she had left the wood, she could feel the warmness of her face increasing.
Freia sat motionless, as Gendan came fumbling into camp. He apologized profusely, but Freia was still shocked, she could not even speak. It took a while after she made breakfast for her voice to come back to her. By then Gendan had already apologized too many times to count. Probably waiting to hear her forgive his actions.
“How many times do I have to apologize?” Gendan asked. “I’m sorry.”
“It’s not your fault, I should have minded my own business and come back to camp. I should be the one apologizing.” Freia replied.
Gendan tried to put a hand on Freia’s shoulder, but she moved out of the way. “It’s alright really. Please, I just need some time to get over the shock.”

For the rest of the morning Freia and Gendan picked up camp quietly. Freia was embarrassed and she knew that Gendan was as well. This morning had been quite an adventure, she wasn’t sure if she could ever recover from it fully. Of course she was over exaggerating the situation in her mind so it was most likely possible.

It was sunset by the time they had gotten to Denryoku. Gendan and Freia had still not said a single word to one another since that morning. The plant was closed when they arrived so they couldn’t refill the power cells until morning. Freia felt somewhat disappointed at the prospect of having to stay in town for a night. Even though Denryoku had a full history she wouldn’t want to stay in it. The place felt like a mini city dingy and grimy. It had it’s own criminal sector; where, with her luck, they would probably end up sleeping.
Freia sighed, exhaustingly, “Where should we stay?”
“It’s gotta be cheap wherever it is I only have 200 oeath. It should be enough for one room and some food maybe.” Gendan said skeptically
“One room?” Freia asked.
“It’s either that or sleeping in the streets with full bellies.” Gendan replied. “If it makes you feel any better I’ll make sure it’s not the honeymoon suite. Even though it might be cheaper if…”
“Gendan.”
“Alright, I won’t bring it up again. Mother and father would probably be shocked if we came back married anyway.”

Freia shook her head, as Gendan began to search for a place to stay, he was so ridiculous sometimes. The idea was terrible, why would anyone get married just to get a good deal on a place to stay? Now, if he actually asked her because he liked her then that would probably be a different story entirely.
Freia sighed, Hal still hadn’t reached out, and she was starting to get worried. If he fell asleep again she might not get the answers she sought, moreover the last time he slept it was for six years. Who knew what would happen if he slept again? It was a miracle there hadn’t been an attack from those… monsters. If he went to sleep there would be no help if and when they attacked.
“Are you coming?” Gendan asked, peeking around the corner.
“Oh right, sorry… I just… never mind. I’m coming.” Freia replied, she hadn’t even noticed when he left.

Freia jogged effortlessly to walk by his shoulder. He put his large hand on her shoulder and guided her through the mass of people that had suddenly appeared. The lanterns above and street lights lit up everyone’s faces brightly. Freia couldn’t believe how crowded it was. Men and women yelled as they tried to peddle their wares off to the masses of people. One man offered to tattoo Gendan’s arm for half price, while a woman offered Freia a beautiful copper necklace with gears that could actually move. Freia stared at it for a moment, trying to figure out how it worked and wondering if it could actually be worn as jewlery, but Gendan grabbed her arm and dragged her along before she could figure it out.
Hal aroused, laughing so loud Freia feared she would begin to laugh too, “I can’t believe you, it’s so simply made. How could you not figure it out in a glance? You’re more stupid than I thought.
And what Mr. High and Mighty? You come back mocking me? How about a little respect? I was worried you’d never snap out of that moping.
Heh, You WORRIED. Ha. The day you worry over me for reasons that are unselfish is the day I'll die.

Freia sighed and looked back up as Gendan stopped suddenly. A tiny old woman stood in front of them crossing her arms. She looked a lot like Youbo with her sparkly dark eyes and fierce demeanor. The only issue was that she was as scrawny as a Draasii- a deer like creature with luminescent fur as white as snow that live in the caves surrounding Búðir- and one of her legs was mechanical.
Freia’s mind drifted away for a moment as she wondered if the old lady would let her take it apart, and put it back together. As if in reply the old woman glared into Freia’s eyes intensly. That was enough to stop the fantasies.
“Your father sent a telegram that said that you’d be coming, and that you two would need a place to stay for a night or two.” The old woman said, her face lightening up a bit, “He was right, but your rooms aren’t ready yet, and neither is the food so we’ll have to explore for a bit.”
“Auntie? I didn’t know that you’d moved here.” Gendan said in a friendly but respectful manner. “I thought you had gone farther south to live on the border.”
“I was, until a couple of years ago of course.”
“I’m sorry who is this?” Freia asked as politely as possible.
“Oh right, this is Haru my mother's sister. She left town a few years before father found you.” Gendan explained.
Freia nodded, “It’s nice to meet you ma’am.”

“I wish we had more time to catch up auntie, but unfortunately we have to leave tomorrow.”
“I know, that’s why I’m going shopping with you two while my assistant, and my apprentice clean up the house.” Haru said with a small curt, polite smile.
Freia grinned, “Shopping?”
“You two stink like hogs, and knowing Kenpuu he sent you without a fresh pair of clothes so that is one thing we need to get before we sit down for supper.”
Freia’s excitement grew in her chest as the little woman walked away snickeri now I don’t have to wear this dirty shirt anymore.” Freia grinned wildly.

“Don’t get too excited, my aunt has always been a cheapskate. If she buys you anything it’ll probably be poorly made.”
“Excuse you! I’ll have you know that if anyone the cheapskate in the family it’s Saru, my twin.” Haru sighed, “But I guess then again your mother never tell us apart. Anyhow we’d better get going. All the shops will be closing in a few hours.”

Gendan smiled sheepishly at his aunt and Freia in apology. Freia could tell that he’d looked forward to a nice long rest after today’s trek, but he’d just have to wait a bit longer. Freia’s legs ached too, but she was willing to walk a little bit farther if it meant a soft mat to lay her head, and warm tea to welcome her back.
The old woman was faster than either of them had anticipated. She had started walking only a few moments before they did, but she had already almost lost them in the crowd. Thankfully she wasn’t trying to lose them, and so waited for them to find her before she entered a dark alley where a door waited to greet them. A sign that said, “Yjsolda’s Tailoring Services and Styles”, hung above the door in large friendly letters. Haru walked up to the door and opened it causing bells further in the shop to play a song that was familiar to Freia, but she couldn’t remember where she had heard it. Haru smiled fondly and beckoned Freia and Gendan to follow her as she went down the stairs. The two of them looked at each other, and Freia shrugged as she followed the woman.
I don’t like this. Dark alleyway, conveniently placed shop. It looks like an ambush.” Hal said in his most civil voice.
She’s Gendan’s aunt she wouldn’t bring us into a trap if she was already setting up beds for us to stay in. Wouldn’t it be easier to kill us in our sleep? Besides why? What reason would she have to kill us?” Freia replied.
True.

The shop was huge, bigger than either Freia or Gendan had imagined, and it was filled to the top with clothes. The source of the song came from an old music box that sat behind the counter. The song still played, and it filled the gigantic room with a wonderful melody. Haru was talking to a young lady at the desk whose hair was blonde and braided intricately to match the ancient Asperdènian style. The young lady nodded and went into the back room for a moment. When she returned she held a tape measure in one of her hands and some sort of machine in the other.
Haru beckoned them over and said, “Pick out anything you want, just make sure you can carry whatever you’re not going to be wearing back on your way home. Isa here will hem what you pick if the need arise.”
Freia smiled and immediately started looking.
~~~~~~~~

Gendan searched the men’s section for appropriate clothes for travelling, but it seemed that all the clothes were in the Asperdènian style. While this made him uncomfortable he knew that his aunt would not let him leave until he chose at least one outfit for himself, and so he continued to look through the assortment of shirts until two things caught his eye. A plain baggy long sleeve shirt sat next to a vest that looked about his size. It was a deep brown with blue undertones that made the bronze chain that went from one pocket to another pop out. Gendan grinned and picked both off of the rack; all he needed now was a pair of trousers to complete the outfit. He walked over to the trouser section and looked through the selections until a pair of black trousers with blue highlights caught his eye. He pulled it off the rack and brought his treasure down to the front so that his aunt could pay for it. When he got there he looked kindly at his aunt.
She sighed loudly, “I will pay for them just go put them on so Isa can make her adjustments.”

Gendan furrowed his eyebrows but did as his aunt asked. It took him a while to figure out how to put them on, but when he did he felt kind of stupid. He looked like some of the dignitaries his father dealt with, only much more handsome even with the top knot he always sported. The only problem was that the shirt was a bit too big, but he figured this Isa lady could fix it.
Gendan emerged from the dressing room to find Freia in a dress that suited her quite well. A long deep green dress with red and silver embroidery fashioned into Asperdènian dragonia that roared without ceasing at each other. Isa was hemming her dress so that it wouldn’t drag along the ground while his aunt braided a ribbon into Freia’s hair. The same one that Freia had said belonged to her mother. It was a vibrant red that popped out of her hair, and accented the features of her face. It made her eyes look like voids trying to suck anything she looked at in, including him. Gendan’s heart pounded, he tried to make it stop with a sheer force of will, but it did not. So he did what he could to keep himself in check and smiled warmly at Freia. An act that made her blush furiously, but it soon disappeared and she bounded over to him with big eyes once Isa let her go.
“Do you like it?” Freia asked, twirling it a bit.
Gendan smirks, “No, I think it makes you look fat.”
Freia smacked him, “You are awful! Now try again. Do you like it?”
“In all seriousness I think you look beautiful... but I think you might need a necklace to go with that fine dress.”
Gendan grinned widely as he watched her eyes grow wide, “You mean… You’ll buy me one?”
“He won’t have to. We are going on a shopping spree after all.” Auntie said to Freia with a smile.

~~~~~~~~~

Freia felt the excitement building up inside of her as she saw the looks on each of their faces. She searched for words to say, but she was speechless. Gendan looked like he was enjoying himself quite a bit as he watched the look on her face unfold. This moment was one of the best in her entire life, but of course someone had to ruin it.
Dear why don’t you get a move on AND GET ON WITH THE NIGHT. Remember, if you get too tired you will hallucinate, and pass out.” Hal said, pulling her down to the reality of the situation.
“Well then Gendan maybe we should get a move on.” Freia said, “I picked out another outfit to wear on our journey anyway. I’ll go get changed.”
“Ok?” Gendan said, confused.

Freia grabbed the clothes she had picked out and had gotten fitted while Gendan was getting changed, and quickly changed into them. Hal was right of course she was wasting time just standing there. If she wanted to get a lot of shopping done before she became exhausted. Freia left her hair the way it was, but she looked into the bag she had brought and took out a pair of copper welding goggles. The pair her father had given her as a birthday present. The same day the scary men took her away. The same day she lost her inspiration. Why act smart when the ones you try to be smart for aren’t even there. That was the day her inventing ended, and her creativity was lost.
Freia shook her head. She put the goggles on and then pushed them up into her hair to keep her bangs out of the way, and left the room with dress and bag in hand.
Last edited by Iselka on Sat May 27, 2017 11:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
Iselka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Legend of the Fallhorn: Chapter 3 is up

Postby Iselka » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:14 pm

bump
ImageImage
Iselka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Legend of the Fallhorn: Chapter 3 is up

Postby Iselka » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:16 pm

Chapter 4

Fire

Chris stared at the soulless eyes of the strange woman-monster in front of him, the beast-man stood by his side his luminous eyes staring with ferocity at the monster. It was finally time to make Chris’ escape, to get out of the cage that had held him for over ten years, and he was ready. The beast-man had already agreed to guide them through the forest, all he had to do was get them out of there. No plan B would be necessary for these monstrous things, they left everything unguarded. The only thing he would have to worry about would be the Ladies and the lights surrounding them.
Ssssooo, little boy it is time for you to join the ranks of our soldiers. How do you feel, or would you rather be a personal servant to the queen, hmm?” The frightening lady said. Her face narrow and sharp like a diamond. Her gaze was piercing and her expression mad.
“May I have a moment to say goodbye to my cellmate… alone?” Chris asked.

The fierce monster snorted but agreed allowing two minutes, just enough time to put his plan into motion. Chris smirked when they left, closing the door of course. The beast-man narrowed his eyes as Chris as he moved a chest out of the way showing a tunnel leading to the outside.
“Hurry let’s go through this tunnel and escape before they find us out.” Christopher announced a little too loudly, as he opened the chest.
“I guess that means get in the chest.” The beast-man whispered almost inaudibly as he adeptly climbed into the chest.

Chris went in after him and quietly closed the lid as the lady and her soldiers ran into the room. The chest was soundproof and so he couldn’t tell what was going on until he felt the chest being lifted and thrown for a few moments he felt weightless, but he soon felt gravity’s pull when the chest crashed to the ground and rolled over and over.
Chris fell into unconsciousness as soon as he hit his head on the wall of the chest.
~*~*~*~*~

Gendan, Freia, and auntie Haru spent two more hours shopping in the square before they finally decided it was time to go home and eat dinner. Freia was more than happy to go back, especially since she had Hal nagging her to get back before she got too tired. Although he continued to nag her to get back faster, and so she yelled out loud that they were going as fast as possible. This statement confused Gendan, but Haru seemed as if not to pay any mind. This put off Freia a bit. So much so that she didn’t even bother trying to explain why she yelled at no one in particular.
Freia carried the bag of trinkets Gendan had gotten her. A simple necklace with a criode- a small gem similar to rubies, but with higher amounts of chromium, and a luminescent appearance- inside a small cog. An energy regulator two firing mechanisms and and empty power cell. In all honesty she didn’t know what she’d do with them yet, but she thought she’d figure out that part once she got back. She was exhausted, yet despite that she still kept on going hoping to make it back before she collapsed. She still couldn’t believe that Haru had actually got all of this stuff for her. After all she’d barely just met Freia. Why would she do this?
Freia’s gut sank, what if the generosity she’d shown really was just an act? What if everything she’d been doing was just to lure them into a false sense of security so that she could kill them in their sleep. Although that didn’t make much sense, if she really wanted to do that why buy so much stuff for them. Freia stopped walking as her vision began to swirl in front of her eyes. Dizziness spread throughout her mind filling her with a sickening feeling that things were about to get really bad. She yelped as she fell to the ground, passed out.
~~~~~~~~~~

Gendan turned sharply. As he did he suddenly remembered why Freia had been so frantic to get everything over with. She was passed out face down on the ground. Her exhaustion must have been extreme to pass out so soon, it was only ten-o’-clock. Although they did have a long day of silence that would be enough to exhaust anybody. Gendan smiled sheepishly at his aunt who didn’t seem surprised at all. He’d have to make a note of that in order to question her later, but for now he put Freia on his shoulder and carried her bags up to his aunts house.
When they got back he set her bags as well as his own onto the ground and went to the room his aunt had prepared for Freia and set her on the mat. She looked peaceful in her sleep. Beautiful and quiet, yet sophisticated. Gendan kneeled down next to her, and brushed a piece of hair out of her face. He stared at her dirty face while he wondered why she passed out, despite exhaustion. Even he could walk through his own exhaustion, but Freia can’t even make it past ten. He brushed dirt off of Freia’s face as he stood up to leave. He could smell the food as auntie and her assistants set the table.
Gendan slid the room’s door closed quietly, and made his way to the dining hall. When he arrived it seemed like absolute chaos. There were two children each seeming to be about twelve to thirteen years of age. The two were arguing about who was going to clean the actuators on the drill. Gendan looked at both of them curiously as his aunt entered the room with some plates. One was a boy with blonde hair, and tired, blue almond shaped eyes. His hair was short and yet still managed to have two messy braids that framed his face, obviously he had both Asperdenian and Hachian heritage. The girl was dark of skin, possibly from the Outlands- the largest desert on Edo. It houses bandits and the like, but still manages to have a small population of honest people-. One of her eyes was covered by a piece of metal that looked as if it was bolted into her face, her other eye was bright blue. Her hair was black and frizzy and pulled back into cornrow braids that came together and became a poof-ball of hair held there by a thin strip of leather. Each of them wore engineers clothing similar to the one his aunt had gotten for Freia. Very similar.
“Auntie. Did you suggest any clothes to Freia?” Gendan asked.
“No dear, she picked them out on her own. I myself was shocked when she chose the outfits, as I’m sure you are now.” His aunt nodded, “I can’t believe she would pick out the very same style I use as uniforms for my apprentices.”
Gendan laughed in relief, he’d thought his aunt had been trying to convinvce Freia to stay with her, “Remind me again what you do?”
“I build prosthetic limbs and repair them.” Auntie said. “Oh, it occurs to me that you haven’t properly been introduced to my apprentices.” She moved over to the two who had stopped arguing and were now staring blankly at Gendan, “This boy is Liam Howler, and the girl is Gianni Thyme.”
“But my friends call me Anni.” The girl said fluttering her eyelashes.

Liam pushed her, almost knocking her off her chair and rolled his eyes. “What’s your name? Is it Starkiller? I bet it is.” He said excitedly.
“This is Gendan.” Auntie said in introduction. “His name is not Starkiller.”
“I don’t know auntie I kinda like the sound of that name, might change my name.” Gendan said with a smile and a wink at Liam. “Then again maybe Liam should keep the name, someday it might suit him to use it.”

“Oh, Gendan stop encouraging the boy. My goodness, is Freia joining us or should I set some of the Asperdènian desserts aside? I surmise it’s probably been a long time since she’d had any dessert, your mother never liked the thought of sweets. She always thought they rotted your brain out.”
“I think that’s a good idea, when she does this she usually sleeps through the entire night.” Gendan took a seat at the table and marvelled at all the wonderful foods adorning the table.

“I see. So this has happened before?” Auntie said as she poured the tea into everyone’s cups.
“Yes, but this is only the second time in a couple of days that this has happened.”
Gendan’s aunt frowned and furrowed her brow in concentration. She took a soup ladle and poured kainesa -a heavily modified form of ramen- into her bowl. Looking up at Gendan she nodded. “Well then I guess tomorrow before you go I’ll need to have a talk with her. But anyway let’s get down to eating.”

Gendan saw something in his aunt’s eyes that told him she was hiding something, but he left her alone.
~~~~~~~~~~

Dinner was a quiet affair. All that was heard were the sounds of slurping and giggling from the kids. Upstairs though Freia was tossing and turning in her sleep. Plagued by dreams of betrayal and sadness. Hal watched, helpless in the flood of emotions. He tried to get rid of the dreams, but the feelings of pain, regret, and hopelessness were too strong for him. For a time it seemed there was nothing he could do, until he came up with an idea.
Hal returned to his fortress and pulled out the intense feeling of happiness from one of his memories. He left his fortress and entered Freia’s memories adding his own happiness to her best memory, and then letting it loose in her mind to push away the horrible imaginings that plagued Freia’s mind. Hal watched the memory flow throughout her mind filling the dreamscape with new images. Freia’s parents were marvelling at something that Freia had built. Her mother smiling widely, caressed her cheek while her father turned the device on. A pulse of light shot out and became a dozen ballerina’s that danced to a tune. The very same tune that the shopkeeper had for a door bell.
Hal felt relieved as the dream faded away and darkness spread. Time to rest finally. Time to review the day’s events for himself, just to make sure he didn’t miss anything.
~*~*~*~*~

The smell of smoke burned Gendan’s lungs, causing him to wake abruptly. Flames licked his mat, spreading quickly. Gendan tried to move quickly but the tongues of flame tore into his arm just as he got out of the way. Pain seared into him as he spun around desperately looking for a way out. The fire had not yet reached the sliding door, so the fire must be just starting on his side of the house. To make sure he didn’t get burnt again Gendan kicked down the door. If people hadn’t been woken by the smoke then by golly the sound the door made on it’s way down into the room below over the bannister. Gendan coughed covering his mouth with his arm.
The hallway was untouched for the moment, but Gendan knew that it wouldn’t last for long. He’d have to act quickly if he was to save everyone. Freia’s door opened abruptly, and Freia poked her head out. Gendan rushed over to her.
“What’s going on? Why is there smoke? Where are the new clothes we just bought?” Freia asked many questions, too many to answer.
“No time to explain we need to get the kids and my aunt out of here.” Gendan said in a distressed voice.
Freia looked like she would ask more but thankfully she just nodded, “Where should I go?”
“Get outside the building and check out what’s going on.” Gendan directed, “I’m going to get the kids and my aunt out of their rooms. We’ll join you out front once we’ve gotten out.

Freia nodded and went back into her room opening the window, and climbed out of the house.
Once Gendan saw her begin to climb he thrust himself to action, he slid one of the doors open and leapt inside. Liam was staring out his window at another house that was burning across the alleyway! He turned around to stare at Gendan with wide eyes.
“Come.” Gendan said.
Liam swallowed staring at the spreading fire behind Gendan. His tongue tied for the first time since Gendan had met him.
“COME!” Gendan yelled.

As Liam followed Gendan’s directions a scream came from the next room. A second later a fiery maid crashed into the window Liam had just been at. Gendan grabbed Liam away and jumped back from the odd monster before them. He ran to the next room where another one of the monsters had Gianni pinned into a corner. Gendan set Liam down, and pulled out his sword cutting the monster in half. He grabbed Gianni after he put his sword away, and turned to Liam who was by the hole that was probably the fiery maids point of entry. Small flames sprouted from the debris.
The monster from the other room was at the doorway, and the one Gendan had cut down had reassembled itself and was standing up. With no way out Gendan was forced to grab Liam and jump out the window. When he hit the ground he let his legs collapse and landed on his back. It took him a moment to recooperate, and when he did he saw that part of Gianni’s face was badly burnt and that she was crying. Gendan wanted to comfort her, but there was no time. He had to get out front to make sure that Freia was alright. So he stood up and held both of the children close to him as he ran towards the front of the building.
~~~~~~~~

Freia looked up at the building burning before her, and frowned. There in one of the windows was a face all too familiar. The face of a lady, the too perfect smile now seemed unhinged in the flaming face. No lights seemed to be accompanying her but then again they could still be inside her. Freia felt Hal growl, not happy to be seeing the awful face again.
They adapted to the situation.” Hal said.
Do you think they’re here for us?” Asked Freia.
No, most likely they’re going to burn down the entire town. We being here was just a happy accident.

Freia heard hoofsteps coming down the hill accompanied by screams and crying. The fire alarm began blaring. Finally people were noticing. Freia imagined there were other buildings on fire elsewhere as well, but her main focus was on seeing if Gendan got out alive. She had wanted to stay with him, but the distress in his voice and the fact that his room was on fire was indication enough that she should probably listen to him this time without arguing.
“Freia!” Two voices yelled in unison from different directions.

When Freia looked in both directions she saw Gendan and his aunt both coming towards her at full speed. Haru was faster though, mostly because of the carriage she was directing. Gendan however because of his proximity wasn’t too far behind. Freia looked at the two children holding onto Gendan’s chest tightly. They looked terrified, the girl was crying and the boy just stared at her with wide eyes.
“Quickly get in, all of you!” Haru yelled over the mob of people panicking down and up the street.

Gendan let Freia get in first, and then passed up the young girl. Freia got her settled in and then helped the boy in and put him next to the girl, wrapping them both up in a blanket. Gendan climbed in just as Freia got the two settled. She’d have to take care of the burn on the side of the girls face, but for now she was just focused on getting out of dodge. Haru sent the horse on its way with a flick of the reins just after Gendan got in, and not a moment too soon for one Lady burst out of Haru’s house. It smiled evilly at Freia and jumped towards them. Gendan stood immediately and took out his sword, stabbing the monster and throwing her off of it in a few quick movements. Fire Ladies began to come out of every house running after them and the other refugees with gaining momentum.
They shouted, “Traitor!!!” As well as, “Foolish girl, you cannot run from us!
Freia crouched low as Hal said, “We’re doomed.

Gendan didn’t look at Freia as he sat back down, he was too focused on keeping the fiery abominations from getting to them. Good. Freia was not ready to argue with him at the moment.
Haru however looked over her shoulder and said, “You have quite a lot of fans I see.”

How on edo did she know? More importantly, why would she say such a thing in front of Gendan who didn’t even know? This definitely got Gendan’s attention. He stared at Freia for a moment before pointing at those things and opening his mouth to ask if she was one of those monsters.
Freia frowned at him and promptly said, “No.” Before he could utter a word.

Gendan nodded angrily and turned back around. Freia growled, she’d have to explain everything once they got out of the city. If only Kenpuu had come with them, maybe then he’d know how to explain it to Gendan.
“Hold on!” Haru said bracing herself as she loosed the horse and let them gain momentum down the hill as the guards closed the gate to the outside. Freia began to worry they wouldn’t make it, and they almost didn’t if Gendan hadn’t thrown his sword at the gears to make them stop for the moment.
“Gendan, your sword!” Freia exclaimed.
“No sword is worth our lives.” Gendan replied as they glided through the remaining space.
“Is everyone ok?” Haru asked as they slowed down.
“I think so.” Freia replied.
“Anni? Liam?” Haru asked.
“We’re fine.” Liam said, answering for the now blubbering Gianni.
“Get it out of my head!” Gianni pleaded quietly, and Freia realized something. The Ladies hadn’t been growling at her, they’d been reffering to the girl.

Hours passed in somber silence, the sun was just rising, as Freia tended to the fearful Gianni, and the new intruder inside her mind. Gendan kept watch while his aunt and Liam got some well deserved rest. Respect, and shame kept his tongue held for the entire time, but Freia knew he had questions. She could see it on his face even as Gianni, who was yet to introduce herself formally. Even with the two hours that passed before she finally drifted off to sleep. Understandably though, Freia knew what she felt when she met Hal for the first time. She’d been terrified, but unlike Gianni she hadn’t had the luxury of time to converse and think about what just happened. Freia could only hope that whoever was inside her mind was nicer than Hal.
“That’s a bit harsh, I saved you from nightmares last night.” Hal said.
“Watching my thought’s again are you? You know that’s really an unhealthy habit of yours.” Freia replied snarkily, “Look, Hal. Can we stop fighting? I’m really getting tired of it, besides it confuses everyone else when I get flushed or unceartain about something you said. It could work against us if we continued.”
Indeed, but let me ask you something. Why do you get so flustered when I tease you?” Hal asked.
Umm… I don’t know.

I’ll tell you why then. You are insulted when I call you dumb, because you know you are not. You hate it when I point out things about your family because you feel the same way, and so are ashamed because of it. The rest is because you feel like you are the lowest of the low, and that you cannot get any higher so you defend your position in hopes that you will not fall into the abyss of depression, the truest low there is.” Hal explained thoroughly, he spoke the truth throughout the entirity of his rant, “Freia, you are the most stubborn person I have ever met. Don’t let that get in the way of your intelligence. Every time I poked at you I was testing you. I wanted to see your flaws so that when the time came you wanted to end the bickering I could tell you why we were bickering in the first place. You have been put down for most of your life, I believe that all you need now is a confident boost.
“Whoa.” Freia said aloud, breaking the silence. Hal had seen all that in their short time together. He must have been going through her memories every time she passed out and every time she wasn’t much for conversation. Really though this was a lot to take in, had her self esteem really been all that held her back? Freia doubted it, there was more going on in her head than even she knew. Hal had only solved half the problem and Freia sensed that he knew he had done only that much. He must of been still testing her then.
Oh boy! Your face it’s just so confused.” Hal said laughing, despite what he had said earlier being true it seemed he was trying to get under her skin once again, “But yeah, you need a confidence boost if you’re going to invent something that can help us get away from the Fallhorn Ladies that are probably chasing us. They’ve begun to adapt to different situations, soon chaos will reign supreme. We’re going to have to warn the leaders of every country on this planet.
So what you said before…
All true, can you build a makeshift weapon with the items in this cart that will repel the fiery ones at least?
I don’t know I’ll check.

Freia searched the compartments in the cart. As she did so she began to understand why Haru was not sleeping upstairs. The compartments had food enough for two days in it, as well as the clothing she had bought for them. There was a roll of oeath for money, and a jar of oil for mechanical purposes. Freia’s mechanical pieces were there with interest. A soldering tool was among the many parts Haru had given Freia. Freia counted them all up and imagined what she could build with them. A freeze ray was definitely one of those possibilities.
I have enough.” Freia said
Good, when everyone wakes up we’ll get started.

~*~*~*~

Kagerou carried the boy, Chris on his shoulder. The boy had been kind in letting him escape with him, but Kagerou was sure there had been an ulterior motive; hadn’t there been. Up until now the boy had been so kind, but wouldn’t that change? Christopher was definitely a confusing character, perhaps he took pity on Kagerou, and was going to leave him behind once they escaped. In any case it wasn’t right to leave the boy face down in the dirt after he’d saved the old man’s life. So Kagerou had decided to take the boy to a neighboring town and then leave him there. He deserved his own life, besides if the boy ever knew who he really was it wouldn’t end well. So the monster would walk the face of edo in search for his long lost daughter, alone.
A moan escaped Chris’ mouth as Kagerou felt him move. He was waking up. So much for getting to the town before he woke up. Kagerou set Chris down to let him move around and get his bearings. Chris held his head, probably feeling the pain from the lost fight with the ground.
“W… Where are we?” The boy asked, squinting his eyes.
“Far away from those awful monsters.” Kagerou replied.
“Great, where were you taking me?”
“There’s a town not far from here I was going to leave you there so you could start your own life.”
“Wait a minute. You’re saying that you would've just left me there? But we can’t just let them fester there. The king, however incompetent, needs to know.”
Darn it, the boy was right. How could he have overlooked that, “I know, but how do you suppose we get an audience with him?”
“You’re a beast man right? So you were engineered by the RSO. That means you probably know some influential beast people on the inside. Can’t you just pull a few strings so we can sneak in?”
“It’s not that easy. I have to find a way to contact them first, and at the moment we are in the middle of nowhere. So unless you have a telegram under your shirt I don’t see how we could contact them.”
“Easy fix. How about we get to the capital and telegram them from there?”
“What if someone else gets the telegram?”
“Huh… Hadn’t thought about that.”
Kagerou sighs, “We’ll talk about this later, let’s just get to the town first. If there’s a telegram there we’ll just send the king a telegram about the danger. It’s easier and doesn’t involve risking our lives.”
“Right… Well, what are you doing after that?”
“None of your business.” Kagerou said as he began to walk away.
Last edited by Iselka on Sun May 28, 2017 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Iselka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me