➳ Ethereal (a warrior cat CYO Adventure!)

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ➳ Ethereal (a warrior cat CYO Adventure!)

Postby ossa di cervo » Tue May 30, 2017 3:29 pm

Froststar definitely isn't about to lose his life I mean, what? Hopefully I'll get the next part up tonight!
THEXTHEXTHEXTHE
───────────────────────────────
Create A Clan - ➳ who are you again..? - Link Name Here - Link Name Here
─────────────────────────────
ossa di cervo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Tue May 30, 2017 3:56 pm

Zmija's Folly wrote:Froststar definitely isn't about to lose his life I mean, what? Hopefully I'll get the next part up tonight!
:shock: :o :? :( << my train of thought XD
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

part twenty-five

Postby ossa di cervo » Tue May 30, 2017 7:48 pm

Now that the commotion had settled Riverpaw fell onto her rear end with a heavy sigh. She didn't join those surrounding the body - she had no business there and she knew that. Her gaze flickered over toward Froststar and she watched as Emberstar looked up from cleaning his wounds as Owlsong neared. The she-cat leader turned toward the body, ready to speak for the lost and his or her family. Riverpaw instantly knew that wasn't going to happen.

"Nooo!" Emberstar screeched, fur on end. The she-cat sprinted across camp and pushed her way through the throng of cats around the body.

Riverpaw's body went numb at such a reaction of sorrow and shock. She found her eyes locked on Emberstar, her heart aching even though she had no idea who the body was or what made him so special. Riverpaw watched as RavenClan cats backed away, allowing Emberstar a chance to be alone with the body. Emberstar was distraught with sorrow - her body shook and she was wracked with sobs.

"That's Emberstar's brother..." the sorrow filled voice belong to Eaglepaw as he padded up to Riverpaw, tail drooping, "I can't imagine what she's going through," he hesitated, looking Riverpaw in the eye, "That apprentice you saved was my sister, Heatherpaw." Eaglepaw searched Riverpaw's gaze desperately as if seeking some kind of help, "I don't know how to thank you for saving me from the same suffering as Emberstar.."

Riverpaw had never experienced so much pain and sadness in her short life, "You don't have to thank me. Anyone would've done the same." she spoke softly, holding the quaver in her voice back.

The two apprentices turned back to Emberstar, torn with the urge to ease her suffering. They watched as Froststar limped toward the she-cat, cradled between Badgerclaw and and Gorsefoot. Emberstar didn't look away from the pitch black body of her brother, Darkclaw - merely flicked her tail in acknowledgment. Froststar and his two supports then staggered toward the exit of the camp.

"I guess that means I should go.." Riverpaw muttered, emotionless.

Eaglepaw locked gazes with Riverpaw before nodding, "Thank you.." he whispered, "I hope I can see you again.."

The two said their farewells and Riverpaw hurried to join the leaving WillowClan cats. The party moved in silence with Snowfoot and Fawnheart at the front, Froststar and his supports in the middle and Ivycloud, Bluestorm and Riverpaw bringing up the rear. No one said a word as they moved, helping their torn and battered leader over or under any obstacles.

When they arrived in camp the whole party stopped outside of Raintail and Pebblepaw's den. Froststar collapsed without a word and Bluestorm was quick to join him. The two toms laid side by side, panting and in obvious pain. Though the leader had many more wounds, Bluestorm still looked like he was in dangerous health. Everyone in the patrol had wounds and the scent of blood was thick.

Raintail burst from the den, "Pebblepaw! Handle Snowfoot, Fawnheart and Riverpaw!" the she-cat commanded as she rushed to Froststar's side, "Ivycloud! If you remember anything from when you were younger to grab me some cobwebs, comfrey roots, a few goldenrod, and a few marigold petals."

Ivycloud disappeared into the medicine cat den to do as told. Paleflower had hurried over and Raintail snapped at her to either get out of the way or get to cleaning some wounds - she chose the later and began to softly lick at Froststar's open lacerations. Ivycloud hurried forward, laying the herbs at Raintail's paws which elicited a quick nod from the medicine cat. Raintail set to work chewing and creating a pulp, spreading cobwebs and spreading pulps. Pebblepaw examined everyone, sniffing closely to wounds to determine how detrimental they truly were. Her blind eyes did nothing to hold the small apprentice back.

Everyone was so concerned with their own diagnoses that when Froststar began to violently jerk and spasm they all perked to attention. Paleflower was the most vocal, throwing a shriek into the air, "What's happening!? Is he okay!?"

A deep sigh fell from Raintail as she hung her head, "He's losing his first life..." she seemed to grow mournful but quickly snapped back to attention, "I have to tend to Bluestorm - we can't lose a leader's life and one of our warriors entirely. Paleflower, keep him still, continue to clean his wounds.. Do not leave his side."

Seconds later Froststar grew deathly still and Riverpaw about jumped out of her skin as Pebblepaw prodded her side, "Stay still." her smaller sister spoke.

"Do you think dad will be okay?" Riverpaw asked softly, hardly aware that she had even spoke the question.

"Of course he'll be okay - he's in Raintail's paws. She's a great medicine cat." Pebblepaw replied quickly, "You should be more concerned with where Stagstorm is."

Riverpaw's eyes shot wide, "What do you mean?"

Pebblepaw snickered lightly, "He hasn't been in camp for a while now - I heard him leaving and when I double checked the scent it was his."

Riverpaw's claws began to work furiously - where was Stagstorm at a time like this..?

Q What does Riverpaw do?
      A. Keep her mouth sealed - it's not like she can afford to leave camp.
      B. Tell Paleflower - she may not be able to leave camp but someone can.
      C. Call Nightleg over and ask him to follow his brother.
      D. Beg Pebblepaw to let her leave even though Riverpaw knows it won't happen.
ossa di cervo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fg05281 » Tue May 30, 2017 11:16 pm

A, Riverpaw's going to be smart about this. Whether she likes it or not.
fg05281

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

part twenty-six

Postby ossa di cervo » Wed May 31, 2017 9:34 am

Nightleg woke before most of the other warriors, suddenly aware of a presence. The black tom twitched his ears and took in a deep breath only to catch a scent of.. Stagstorm? Nightleg pulled his head up in confusion - he had to be sure it was Stagstorm entering the den just as everyone else was about to wake up. Sure enough when he looked up his eyes were greeted by his brother's dark brown pelt brushing past him.

"Stagstorm?" Nightleg whispered.

The tabby tom turned toward his brother, "What?"

Nightleg tilted his head, "What have you been doing?"

"I was out hunting - I couldn't focus all night." Stagstorm shook his head, dismissing his own brother and curling up in his nest nearby.

There was nothing else Nightleg could say as his brother drifted off to sleep. The black tom knew he wouldn't be falling asleep again any time soon so he stood and stretched his legs out before slinking out of the warriors den quietly. It was still dark outside but it wouldn't last much longer as the sun began to breech the trees. Glancing around camp Nightleg saw the wounded outside of Raintail's den and it made him momentarily hold his breath. The medicine cat's den was so crowded that only Bluestorm had room inside. The night before Froststar had come to from his life losing moment and said that he wouldn't be staying in the den - Ravenstar had told him he'd heal well and quickly.

Moments later, as Nightleg crouched over a mouse, the sun began to creep upward and the camp gained a new life. The party that had gone to fight the dogs the night before filed into the medicine cat den, ready for round two of check-ups and herb tasting.

Hawkpaw hurried toward Nightleg, "Hey! Are we gonna train today?"

A grin found Nightleg's face as his apprentice approached, "I'll see what we can do. Depending on how everyone from that patrol last night is feeling we may have to stick around and help with nest remaking and such."

The three legged apprentice sighed lightly but nodded, understanding what he was told. The depressed, unenthusiastic cat who had originally come to camp had evolved - a lot. Hawkpaw had gained a sense of pride within WillowClan, a love and devotion to the cats around him that swelled through his every movement. He'd grown eager to learn how to use his pawless leg to it's best and he'd been doing a wonderful job learning from Nightleg.

Torn from his thoughts Nightleg saw Paleflower near Froststar. The two spoke quietly as Paleflower cleaned his wounds and by the end of it Paleflower squealed happily only to lean in a clean her leader more vigorously. Nightleg's head tilted, intrigued by the occurrence that had just happened in front of him. The two exchanged a few more words before Paleflower left his side and entered the middle of camp.

The deputy approached the center of camp, "Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather beneath the old willow to hear my words!" her call resounded. Once the clan had gathered around her she began her speech, "I have called this meeting because Froststar is in no shape to hold this at the moment. A lot has happened in the last few sunrises and we need to hold each other strong."

A voice broke through her own, "Paleflower, Oakfang hasn't returned since last moonhigh."

Paleflower turned to regard the voice - Volepelt and she frowned, "We need a patrol to go look for him. Any volunteers?"

Q Who goes on the patrol to search for Oakfang?
      A. Nightleg, Volepelt, Leafpaw, Hawkpaw, and Stormfeather.
      B. Doestep, Riverpaw, and Ivycloud.
      C. Stormfeather, Badgerclaw, Nightleg and Hawkpaw.
      D. Snowfoot, Nightleg, Hawkpaw and Gorsefoot.
ossa di cervo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Wed May 31, 2017 1:50 pm

B c:
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fg05281 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:57 am

bump
fg05281

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby elliott. » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:10 pm

bump?
they/he/she.
leo sun, scorpio moon, sag rising.
discord: ihrtdcoms#4444
stars.
elliott.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes