➴[a dragon's curse] - comments welcome! ✒

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

How is my story so far?

GREAT
80%
Ok
20%
Meh
No votes
i'm
No votes

Total votes : 5

➴[a dragon's curse] - comments welcome! ✒

Postby taffy; » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:48 am

░✠░░░░░░░░
░░✠░░░░░░░
░░░░✠░░░░░
░░░░░░✠░░░
░░░░░░░░✠░
░░░░░░░░░✠
░░░░░░░░✠░
░░░░░░░✠░░
░░░░░░✠░░░
░░░░░✠░░░░
░░░✠░░░░░░
━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━CURSE━━━━━━
The Kingdom of Dryad. A small kingdom that is in a valley,
with many trees of many colors surrounding it. The kingdom
is pretty average, having the usual peasants, serfs, lords,
knights, and of course, the king. However, there was another,
more secret social class, the Mythical's. They are the unknown,
the ones who hide in the darkness of the trees. They only come
to villages owned by the Lords when they need to. They hide
for one reason. The fact that they hold the most exotic, the
most bizarre of creatures. Dragons, unicorns, pegasi, and
much more. The only person that will ever know of these
people are the king, who makes a profit from the creatures.
They may sell their fur, scales, horns, feathers, or even the
actual animals themselves. However, a certain prince wants
more then just resources from these creatures to sell....

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Last edited by taffy; on Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:48 am, edited 13 times in total.
taffy;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

['chapters]

Postby taffy; » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:49 am

░✠░░░░░░░░
░░✠░░░░░░░
░░░░✠░░░░░
░░░░░░✠░░░
░░░░░░░░✠░
░░░░░░░░░✠
░░░░░░░░✠░
░░░░░░░✠░░
░░░░░░✠░░░
░░░░░✠░░░░
░░░✠░░░░░░
━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━A DRAGON'S CURSE━━
chapter - 1 chapter - 2 chapter - 3 chapter - 4
chapter - 5

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Last edited by taffy; on Tue May 03, 2016 8:13 am, edited 9 times in total.
taffy;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

['chapters 1]; an egg

Postby taffy; » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:38 pm

Chapter 1

X"Sapphire, please stay calm! Just one more scale test for today, please!".

XThe dragon swung her tail at the girl, however not hitting her. She sighed to herself, sweat going down her forehead. She desperate said, "Come on Sapphire! Just one more! I need to check that you're healthy". Sapphire growled. "You're being more annoying then usual Flair. Just leave me alone. I'm perfectly healthy".

XFlair groaned, her tired eyes peering through the blue scales that were in front of her. "Just let me check! The prince wants you to be as healthy as possible, and I will not disappoint him". Sapphire moved herself away from Flair, growling once more. Her green eyes glowed with many emotions, but mostly annoyance.

X"I will not let you touch my scales again! I just want some sleep". She then plopped down to the floor, her wings almost covering up the entire room. Flair shrieked as she felt a heavy wing on her. Sapphire noticed, and quickly lifted her wing. Flair went out from the wing, and then stood up, her legs wobbling a little.

X"Fine, I'll stop for today. I just want your egg to be healthy, and so does Emerald". Sapphire's head shot up when she heard that name. Flair continued. "It's not just for the prince you know. It's for him". Sapphire made a small whine, and put her head down on the floor. "But this tests are awfully boring. All you do is make me say weird words, look at my wings and scales for hours, and flap my wings for even longer".

X"Sapphire, you and I both know it's for the best". She went close to the dragon, kneeling down on her knees, and put her hand on the dragon's belly. She felt a bump in there. The egg. It still hasn't come out from Sapphire. and it's already been six months. Flair knew that dragon's have a very specific birth cycle, including the egg staying in the dragon for many months.

XYet, she can't help but worry for her dragon. She cared about her a lot, and wanted her to be ok. She knew that Sapphire's mate, Emerald, was worried as well. He would always ask Flair how Sapphire was. She would reply by saying that she was ok, but sometimes she wasn't sure herself. She had been owning dragon's for years, and working with the prince for even longer. She has a whole generation of dragon tamers. It was in her blood.

XAnd yet, she still worried.

XSapphire moved her tail closer to Flair, making ragged breaths. Each time she made a breath, a small white smoke would come out of her nostrils. Flair suddenly stepped back, forgetting that Sapphire could breath fire. She knew that the dragon would never hurt her with the breath, but when a dragon is pregnant, they sneeze a lot.

XLet's just say that a dragon's sneeze isn't the most prettiest one.

X"Well, see you tomorrow Sapphire. Have a good night's sleep ok?".

XThe dragon grinned at her, which silently means that she will be ok. Smiling back, Flair stood up, her orange hair swinging. She opened the wooden door, and gave a glance to the dragon. Her eyes were already shut, and small snoring could be heard. She went out of the room, and a loud sneeze came right after that. She backed away as some of the flames went under the door, burning it. She was glad that the castle was made out of stone.
taffy;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

['chapters 2]; a prince

Postby taffy; » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:46 am

Chapter 2

XFlair heard a knock on her castle door. It was just two simple taps. She knew exactly who it was.

X"Oh, I wonder who it could be~", she said in a mock sing songy voice. Sapphire, who was also in the room, raised an eyebrow. Flair heard a loud reply coming from outside the castle. "Darling, you should know who it is~". Sapphire's eyes widened, also knowing who exactly who had come. Flair looked at Sapphire, and made a gesture for her to sit up.

XFlair rushed out of the room. She opened the large castle, revealing a man. He had a large crown on is head, and was smirking. His dark green orbs stared into Flair's own dark amber ones.

X"Prince Henry, a delight to see you", Flair said while bowing. She was also giggling, not taking it too seriously. Prince Henry rolled his eyes. "No need to be do formal. You're not a serf or anything".

X"Oh, but Prince", Flair replied with a grin. "All your citizens must respect you and greet you in the finest of ways". The prince laughed. It was a loud laugh, one that shook the entire castle.

X"Flair, you always humor me, just like you did when we were kids". He grabbed her hands, and looked right at her face, grinning. "You know, your father was right about you. You have become such a beautiful and mature woman". He rubbed his finger and her own, and then kissed her hand.

XFlair's cheeks were heating up. "Charmed, Prince Henry", she replied quietly. The prince let go of her hands, and started heading to the room where Sapphire was. Flair followed right after her.

X"I would have still preferred a man to run your father's business, but sadly, he had no sons. If I were him, I would have just divorced my wife then and there, and get a new one who would actually get me a son. But, I guess your father was very fond of your mother".

XFlair frowned at that, but didn't reply. She was used to men flirting with her, and trying to flatter her, but also saying that she wasn't fit to own the dragon taming business herself. Her mother told her not to reply, or else things would get worse.

XShe didn't like how the kingdom viewed women, especially herself, and how she owned a business. However, she was glad that she wouldn't get executed for owning a business . She still had to deal with the insults, but in her opinions was better than dying.

XWhen she got into the room, she saw Prince Henry looking at Sapphire.

X"Oh Sapphire, such a beautiful dragon. Such lovely blue scales, and deep black eyes". He gently petted the dragon, and in return the dragon sighed softly. "That feels amazing", the dragon said softly. Of course, the prince heard nothing. only dragon tamers can understand their own dragons.

X"I think the egg will be coming out soon. Maybe a week or two", Flair said to Henry. He looked at her, seeing her come right next to him. She guided Henry's hand to the lump in her stomach.

X"Both Sapphire and the egg are perfectly healthy", Flair said. Henry nodded, gently feeling the lump. "So, some weeks, huh? That's perfect, I can't wait to buy the egg from you".

X"Well, you still need to wait for the egg to hatch, and then I have to train the young dragon". Henry sighed. "Fine, but I need the dragon as quickly as possible".

XFlair nodded, and stood up from the dragon. "So, I guess that's all you came for". She was about to open the door to lead him out, but Prince Henry interrupted.

X"W-Wait!".

XShe looked back to him. He had also stood up, and suddenly bowed. "I am hosting a ball at my castle in a month. I would like you to come, and possibly dance with me".

XFlair blushed bright red, and looked away. "Fine, but don't expect me to wear something too fancy". She knew what the prince was up to. The prince knows that she isn't married, and he needs to get married in the next year or else the other kingdoms would mock him. He can't be king if he isn't married. But, why did she blush?

XThe prince looked at her and chuckled. "Well, I'll see you there. Have a lovely day Flair".

X"You too Henry".
taffy;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

['chapters 3]; a runner

Postby taffy; » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:47 pm

Chapter 3

XThe trees surrounding him were just a blur. Everything was a blur. His home. His family. His job. His status.

XHis life.

XHe continued to run, his legs starting to wobble, but he didn't care. He needed to run. He had to go away from his old life.

XWhen he knew he was far enough, he stopped. The tree's stopped being a blur, but his lie continued to be one. He collapsed to the ground, breathing heavily.

XHe closed his eyes, feeling the grass tickle his nose. He took a deep breath, relishing the scent of the outdoors. He was finally free. Free from the prison of his old lord, of being a mere serf in his land.

XHe heard something swoosh over him. He got confused, but he was not unfazed. More swooshes were heard, and then a loud roar. He felt the ground under him rumble.

XHis head shot up, with his eyes wide open. That sound...what was it? He had never heard anything like it. He heard it again, and then something fall. The trees around him shook violently, some of there leaves falling.

XHe sat up, his hands shaking. He picked up a leaf that had fallen. It was a bright green, and shone in the summer sun. He knew that leaves only fell when it was the season of color, so he knew something was up.

XHe heard more swooshes, and a lot more falls. A growl could be heard, and he dropped the leaf in his hand. His hands were shaking tremendously now. He didn't like it.

XThen, he saw it.

XRight above him, was a large green and yellow dragon. It's wings covered up his entire view of the sky. His eyes were a gleaming amber, and were staring directly into his soul.

XThe dragon growled, and then a female voice could be heard.

X"Emerald, heel. Right now".

XThe dragon stopped flapping his wings, which made a loud swoosh sound. He sat on the ground, his wings folding against his body. He stepped back, staring at the large beast.

X"Emerald, I told you to tell me when you have-".

XShe stopped her words when she went out from her hiding in the trees. She looked at Emerald, and then to him. Before he could respond, she had the top of her sword aimed right on his forehead, barely touching him with it.

X"My name is Flair. Explain why you are in my land, how you got there, and who you are. If you don't, there will be consequences".

Author's Note;
    sORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER + CLIFFHANGER
    I'm planning to update this story about once a day,
    so basically a chapter a day. I really need comments
    on this chapter, as I tried a new style today
taffy;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

['chapters 4]; a sword

Postby taffy; » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:22 am

Chapter 4

XHe stared at the girl in front of him. Her long red hair went down to her waist. It was messy, with some leafs bundled up in the scattered mess. She had dark amber orbs that bore directly into his own gray ones.

XShe was scary for a woman.

X"I-I..", he stuttered out. Flair scoffed at him. "Is that all you have to say?", she asked, her eyes glowing. They almost looked red. He looked at the sharp sword that was dangerously close to his forehead. He could tell it was made from some type of iron, with a leather handle. How did she get that, let alone hold it?

X"I have no idea how I got here, and-".

X"Liar! You know exactly why you're here. You want to take them from me, don't you?".

XHe raised an eyebrow. Take what... Flair moved the sword away from his forehead. "Whatever, it's to late now. You know everything, and I can't trust you to not tell anyone".

XHe felt something poke his behind, and then suddenly he was lifted up into the air. He could see the oak and birch trees from here. He felt something hot and sticky on his bottom. He looked down, and saw two green nostrils. He was on a dragon's snout.

XFlair put the sword away, and looked at Emerald. "Come on, let's go back to the castle". His eyes widened. A castle? Does this mean I have to be a serf for this woman? He groaned, which made the dragon growl softly.

X"Stop complaining Emerald", Flair snapped to the dragon. "I'm not in the mood for it". The dragon whimpered, and made a soft growl.

XFlair sighed. "Sorry, I'm just a little upset today". She quickly glanced to the dragon, who looked a little concerned. "I had to deal with a lot today".

X"Is it because of the man on my head right now?".

XThe man that was on Emerald was in shock. Did the dragon just...talk?

X"No, even though I am pretty mad about that". She gave a quick glare to the man. "It's just that, well, the prince came over today. You know, Prince Henry. He was OK today I guess, until he asked me out to some ball. I think he is using me, and not just for dragons".

XThis woman is scary and knows the prince! I am so done for!, the man thought to himself.

XEmerald was quiet for a moment, before saying, "I think he is. I never trusted that Prince Henry. Always saying mean things about you being a female, and then flirting with you. I can't believe he could-".

XA loud shriek could be heard. It was from a dragon. A female to be exact

X"Sapphire!".

Author's Note;
    another cliffhanger! I'm
    on a role here!
taffy;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ➴[a dragon's curse] - comments welcome! ✒

Postby Petlover552 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:53 am

Wow, this is great so far! I love dragon books c:
Petlover552

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby taffy; » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:35 am

ahhhh tysm <333
taffy;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yinsum » Tue May 03, 2016 1:49 am

you'd better update soon or i'll go absolutely crazy ...
yinsum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

['chapters 5]; a flight

Postby taffy; » Tue May 03, 2016 8:12 am

Chapter 5

XFlair quickly ran to Emerald, who had already spread out his wings. She went on his tail, that was on the forest floor for her convenience. Flair was like a feather to Emerald, as he picked her up with his tail, and put her on his back.

XShe held on tight, and said through gritted teeth, "Go! Now!".

XEmerald quickly responded by shooting up in the air, his wings glistening in the sunlight. The man on his snout almost screamed, as he dangled from it. Emerald saw this, and while he was flying, put the man on his back.

XFlair growled at Emerald, who looked at her sheepishly.

X"You know you could have just kept him on your snout, right? Instead of putting this idiot close to me".

XEmerald stopped looking at Flair, as he started to fly very fast. "Really Flair? Sapphire might be in trouble and you care about sitting next to him, of all things. And I'm usually the one that's immature". Flair scoffed at him. "Whatever".

XThe man, who was now behind Flair, wanted to scoff as well, but he quickly stopped himself when he saw small flames coming out from Emerald's nostrils. This woman's personality changes so quickly! She's happy and then she's angry! No wonder the dragon's obeying her every command, he's probably scared

XThe man's prediction, however, was not true.

XEmerald stopped flying, and that's when Flair knew they have arrived. As Emerald went down, more smaller screams could be heard. They weren't even on the floor yet when Flair jumped of Emerald, and quickly went in the castle. She was lucky that she jumped from only a few inches.

XEmerald followed after her, as the castle door's were awfully big. The man was still on the dragon, and now looked very confused. He saw Flair go into a large room, with a singed door. He heard another scream, this time it was much, much louder.

X"Emerald, stay outside, and watch that man. I'll be back soon".

XAs Flair closed the door, Emerald looked at the man. "What's your name human?".

XThe man, startled, stuttered out, "Micahel. Micahel Bullocks". He paused for a bit, before asking, "Wait..how do you...know...".

XThe dragon chuckled, before saying, "I know many things about you. For starters, your name isn't Micahel".

Author's Note;
    I apologize for the
    wait. I kind of got
    author's block for
    a while ^^;
taffy;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups