❛ the lazy writers ❜

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜

Postby BucketORandomness » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:51 am

@Worst, thank you. I'm glad you liked them >^.^<

@Galaxy, do you know how you want the end of the story to happen? It might help you get there. Or you could try thinking of how your characters would react to whatever's gone on. What might a reader ask about what happened next?

𝕭𝖚𝖈𝖐𝖊𝖙

Not disclosing gender or age
Yes, I role play
Hey, I write! Coolio!
....Periodic Tales of an Elemental Nature
....More by Bucket
Open to making new friends!
It's my sig, but not my images
Mind. Blown. >^.^<

ImageImageImage
BucketORandomness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bilaz » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:59 am

Ranger of the North wrote:
Lunar Kitty wrote:In my story I honestly don't even know who the protagonist is and who the antagonist...
I've got one character who truly means well who is making all the wrong choices and the character who the other characters see as the heroine is motivated by revenge and self-pity.

She has a point though, oh what have I done to you, my poor little character. :lol: You used to be so sweet when I started writing you.

Ha, that actually sounds great XD teach me your ways

Why thank you so much! I could tell you a bit about the story if you are interested. :D
╔═════════{♥}═════════╗
And so all things, time will mend
So this song will end...

╚═════════{♥}═════════╝
x➤ My OC Erik, I love to write stories
x➤ Sasha - ISFJ - vegan - adult
x➤ Proud tea drinker and cat lover
x➤ Feel free to send me a message! ©

Image x Image x Image
Bilaz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DeMaizu » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:20 am

The Worst Username wrote:[list]How long is the story? If it's longer than ten pages, then the fact that you can write without planning is really impressive.

Uh . . . Well, I can't answer for her/him/them, but I actually have some stories of my own that didn't have any real set out planning and they're over ten pages. This one, that one, and dat one, although the last one is kind of on hold at the moment . . . .

In your opinion, what's the best thing you ever wrote?
UH. I'm not really sure - does "best" mean the work that I like the most, or the work that has the most effort put into it? If it's the one that I like best out of all my numerous worlds, then probably this one again. If we're talking about things that have the most effort put into them, then most likely Griffin.
DeMaizu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby galaxy, » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:15 am

BucketORandomness wrote:@Worst, thank you. I'm glad you liked them >^.^<

@Galaxy, do you know how you want the end of the story to happen? It might help you get there. Or you could try thinking of how your characters would react to whatever's gone on. What might a reader ask about what happened next?

i know loosely how i want it to end and some other strands of the story that i am 100% certain about, but from the position i left my characters in (it's the first part of the story, i'm missing the second one) i'm not sure how to proceed haha

or it might be better to say that i know how i want it to continue but i'm not sure how to get my characters there
galaxy,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winged-backpack » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:15 am

The Worst Username wrote:
-snip-

I've also been doing this thing that's apparently called "Draft Zero"--I write everything out with minimal planning, as quickly as possible, just to get a "feel" for the story. Then, I plan out my story meticulously for the next few drafts. Do any of you do this?

That sounds like a really interesting way of writing, I might have a go at that ^^

@Galaxy

Wherever your characters are atm, give them a problem to fix that will help them to get to the ending. Just think about your ending, then list all the possible ways that could end up with your characters reaching that ending. Literally write down every idea you have, then choose one or two and expand, expand, expand! In my opinion, having a very small idea, then expanding upon that idea is a really good way of making plot points.

For example a small idea might be they find a stray dog, then expanding on that you would ask yourself "where did they find it?", "how did they find it?", "will they keep it?". Who, what, where, when, why and how are your friends here ^^

Good luck with it :D
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
call me devon or dev (i'm a mess and so is my gender
they/them pronouns) I love Harry Potter, Star Wars,
and Tim Burton films. Birthday is 27th October ^^

Feel free to PM me about anything!

intj, chaotic neutral, ravenclaw, scorpio

my art shop//also I'm writing a book (16+)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Pandorica » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:05 pm

I updated "Caught In The Rain"! It's on my Wattpad account c:

winged-backpack wrote:
The Worst Username wrote:
-snip-

I've also been doing this thing that's apparently called "Draft Zero"--I write everything out with minimal planning, as quickly as possible, just to get a "feel" for the story. Then, I plan out my story meticulously for the next few drafts. Do any of you do this?

That sounds like a really interesting way of writing, I might have a go at that ^^

@Galaxy

Wherever your characters are atm, give them a problem to fix that will help them to get to the ending. Just think about your ending, then list all the possible ways that could end up with your characters reaching that ending. Literally write down every idea you have, then choose one or two and expand, expand, expand! In my opinion, having a very small idea, then expanding upon that idea is a really good way of making plot points.

For example a small idea might be they find a stray dog, then expanding on that you would ask yourself "where did they find it?", "how did they find it?", "will they keep it?". Who, what, where, when, why and how are your friends here ^^

Good luck with it :D

That sound really cool @Worst! I pretty much just jump in without much planning at all and then kinda get bored of writing the story. Might come back to it months later tho XD

Also, @Backpack, that's a good tip! It'll help me with my writing...

In your opinion, what's the best thing you ever wrote?

Uh...I can't decide that. Sometimes I think my stuff sucks, and sometimes I don't. Maybe Confound Nexus? Or New Blood? That one was doing pretty well, and I was especially happy with the first chapter or two. (Those are both on my Wattpad, for anyone who's interested. It's one of the links in my signature c;)
Hi, I'm Silver! Local socially
awkward English nerd, cat
lover, co-owner of floravits,
and Animal Crossing fan.
♡♡♡
art threadtrade thread
Silver Pandorica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AriDeZu » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:25 pm

So, um, I've been really inactive and I now have something to say.
I've started working on one of my stories again, (Yay!) and I've been watching at the same time. I've gotten a lot done so far while I've been doing this. Has anyone else done anything like this?
Hi there! I love anime and manga. Mainly Fairy Tail, Psycho Pass, From Far Away, SNK, Akagami no Shirayuki-Hime, and Akatsuki no Yona.
I really like talking to other people so feel free to pm me :)
I'm open to most trades, so again, feel free to send me one :)
Image Image

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:21 pm

Lunar Kitty wrote:
Lunar Kitty wrote:In my story I honestly don't even know who the protagonist is and who the antagonist...
I've got one character who truly means well who is making all the wrong choices and the character who the other characters see as the heroine is motivated by revenge and self-pity.

She has a point though, oh what have I done to you, my poor little character. :lol: You used to be so sweet when I started writing you.

Ha, that actually sounds great XD teach me your ways

Why thank you so much! I could tell you a bit about the story if you are interested. :D

Hey, sure! :D
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bilaz » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:22 am

Hey, sure! :D

Okay, bear with me as I'm lousy at naming characters/places so I usually just use placeholder names while writing so I can procrastinate naming things. :silent:
Also, the beginning of the story is rather dark so I'm afraid I can't go into details about that, so I just say that after this part:
- My 'heroine', Ida (pronounced 'ee'-da) (hey, I named this one! Go me :thumbup: :lol:) has a legit reason to be furious with the antagonist (I'm just going to call him that, cause Ida is the main character).
- The antagonist, who is the leader of a country (country 1 for now, sorry about this :roll:), has basically lost his mind and fallen back on the things he learned from his father. Only that was a complete different era.

Back in the day country 2 was an enemy of country 1, however there has been peace for years. So, the antagonist, who really just wants to protect his people, makes the mistake of heightening their defences and the border control between the two countries. Now Ida, who is from country 2, sees this as perfect opportunity to ruin his reputation. She starts spying on him and reporting her findings to her country's old allies, basically falling back into the 'old days' as well.

These allies don't take it the way she had anticipated though: they see her as a heroine who is risking her life to warn the world that a superpower (country 1) has a mentally unstable and potentially dangerous leader.
In response they send troops to protect some countries that used to belong to country 1: a fatal mistake. The antagonist wouldn't have invaded them, he thinks they are still his! There was no problem, but now there is. Obviously he sees this as an invasion and in response he sends troops as well to 'defend' these countries. Ida takes this opportunity to make things escalate even further and brings the old resistance group in these countries back together.

Basically in this story what happens is that one person starts basing his choices on an era that is no more. This leads to a series of events that end in the return of this era. The antagonist is truly trying his best to be a good leader while the protagonist who everyone sees as a brave heroine is really the one stirring things up. :)

So, in the beginning of the story I mainly focus on a few characters, their lives and relationships, and only later on do I get to the big picture. It was a story in which I mainly wanted to experiment with the psychology of my characters. I also wanted to show that a seemingly insignificant (to everyone outside my main characters I mean, on a personal level it was devastating) event can have a large impact on the world as one thing leads to another and creates a snowball effect.
Last edited by Bilaz on Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
╔═════════{♥}═════════╗
And so all things, time will mend
So this song will end...

╚═════════{♥}═════════╝
x➤ My OC Erik, I love to write stories
x➤ Sasha - ISFJ - vegan - adult
x➤ Proud tea drinker and cat lover
x➤ Feel free to send me a message! ©

Image x Image x Image
Bilaz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BucketORandomness » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:54 am

AriDeZu wrote:So, um, I've been really inactive and I now have something to say.
I've started working on one of my stories again, (Yay!) and I've been watching at the same time. I've gotten a lot done so far while I've been doing this. Has anyone else done anything like this?

Like, watching a television series? If I try to do that, I end up messing up whatever words I'm trying to write and writing the words they're saying instead >^.^<

𝕭𝖚𝖈𝖐𝖊𝖙

Not disclosing gender or age
Yes, I role play
Hey, I write! Coolio!
....Periodic Tales of an Elemental Nature
....More by Bucket
Open to making new friends!
It's my sig, but not my images
Mind. Blown. >^.^<

ImageImageImage
BucketORandomness

My pets