{ INKLINGS v.4 } A Thread For Writers

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: { INKLINGS v.4 } A Thread For Writers

Postby The Worst Username » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:30 am

i just made myself write a ton of words without stopping help me

For no reason, I have questions about villains today:
Code: Select all
[b]Do you like to write stories with villains?[/b]

[b]Which do you think is the best villain you've written, and which do you think is the worst?[/b]

[b]How many characters of yours have been inspired by characters in TV shows, books, and movies?[/b]

[b]Which is the worst character you have ever created? ("Worst" not as in my name or your most villainous character, but as in your "why did I create this garbage" character.)[/b]
yeet
The Worst Username

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Megaguirus » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:43 am

Do you like to write stories with villains?

Like to? I LOVE to! All of my stories tend to fall into the conventional hole of needing a good villain for the hero to fight. But they're unique and not one sided in any way. I've always liked the "good vs. evil" concept, even though most of my evils have a reason.

Which do you think is the best villain you've written, and which do you think is the worst?

Ahh, the best would be Nightshade, one of my first true villains. She's gone through a lot of changes over the years, and I've perfected her to a T. There is nothing else I would change. except maybe for her sexual preference, but the jury is still out on that. The worst would have to be the original Blackbird. In the first version of The Story of Dante, Blackbird's wickedness kind of came out of nowhere, as did his death by the talons of Dante. But hey, I was twelve and hadn't yet learned that you kind of need to slowly introduce a villain, or at least give him a reason, a real reason.

How many characters of yours have been inspired by characters in TV shows, books, and movies?

Not that many, actually, at least, not intentionally. Nightshade slowly developed into a cross between Regina from Once Upon a Time and Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty, while still keeping her unique. But I didn't realize what I was doing until later on. So hey, now it's stuck. The rest have really only been subconscious, very subconscious.

Which is the worst character you have ever created? ("Worst" not as in my name or your most villainous character, but as in your "why did I create this garbage" character.)

Oh gosh, some of the first characters I created were complete trash. Mostly because they were Mary Sues with zero issues. I started writing as a way of escape, and in doing so I decided to make characters that were like me, but only in the good ways and better. Thankfully, after a year I got completely sick of them and finally created those who were actually real. I have the roleplays I was a part of to thank for that. But I can't single out a single one, especially since most are going to be or are in the process of changing/changed.
Megaguirus gets distracted by a butterfly. So pretty.

"Go ahead reveal yourself,
As you were born to do,
Their fathers killed the prophets,
Hallelujah! They're going to kill us too."
Children 18:3 - Final

Female/Christian/Homeschooled/INFP/FNaF/Godzilla/Writer/Bugs/Cockroaches/Markiplier
"I'm wearing no disguise, a Jesus Freak 'til the day that I die. And I will not compromise, throw every stone but you can't take my life." 7eventh Time Down - Alive in You
Megaguirus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyjaks » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:43 am

For the most part, yes!

Which do you think is the best villain you've written, and which do you think is the worst?
The best is a guy I'm just calling N (until I think of a name). He's the overarching villian in my sci fi story. He's a really old dude, biologically enhanced, and controls an AI that can take control of drones and other important technology in their universe. I don't wanna go too deep b/c he's still a work in progress but I'm proud :> The worst is probably Lupin, the very first villian I ever created. She's a female wolf from a story I wrote when I was 10/11. She was evil just for the sake of being evil XP

How many characters of yours have been inspired by characters in TV shows, books, and movies?
SO MANY, SO SO MANY. I take a ton of inspiration from different types of media. My main character Delia was inspired heavily by Rita from Edge of Tomorrow. Declan was inspired by Fenris from Dragon Age: Origins. Ras takes a bit of inspiration from Cass in Fallout: New Vegas.
I could go on.

Which is the worst character you have ever created? ("Worst" not as in my name or your most villainous character, but as in your "why did I create this garbage" character.)
Pretty much all of my first OCs and characters were awful, Mary Sue-y the works. Silver was one of the first characters I ever made. She was a beautiful but "troubled" wolf with a dark past, but she's actually really compassionate, but she'll bite your face off, but everyone loves her. That kinda thing. At the same time she had no personality looool
Honestly though I look back on my awful characters with fond memories. They were imperative to my growth as a writer and I'll always be thankful.
Pyjaks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Klain » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:57 am

I'm not writing about villains anymore, I did it once and it made a lots of fun to do it. It was the best part about the story to create one and to write about him. (yea all my villains were male )

I just can't remember the names anymore, it is more then 5 years ago and i have the storys on my old laptop. (wich is break)

Not many, actually none I guess. They are more inspired from people I know/used to know.

I didn't ever think so about a character, but I thought about some storys so. When I reread storys I didn't touch for 6 months I'm like "Why did I wrote that? Why haven't I delected it yet? WHY?"
Klain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Greenleaf » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:13 am

An old character of mine that I'd created for a roleplay was pretty ridiculous. I definitely cringe to think about her now, lol, but at least I had fun writing her at the time, so I don't regret it too much. She definitely taught me several lessons on how to create better characters, lol.

Interestingly, I can think of quite a few roleplay characters of mine inspired off various preexisting fandom characters, but characters I create for use in stories are more original. However, Williams and his as-of-yet unnamed partner are partially inspired off Holmes and Watson, and another character of mine named Laurence has some of his roots based in Bertie Wooster.

-------'-'------
Chinese ● queer
bi ace ● musician

------------''--
--------------------
#BlackLivesMatter
click here.

--------------------
-----'--'-------
Li 立 ● she/ze ●
student ● writer

-------'----'---
Greenleaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:38 am

Villains are almost more fun than good guys! I really like writing villains. But I often don't have them for some reason. I have no idea. XD

Best... hmmm. I actually quite like the villain from Reclaiming England, I can't actually remember his name rip. Also, I like the Omega and spoilers
Worst... umm Fang from Fate of Eamundia. Let's just forget that book ever happened, okay?

Not many that I can think of off the top of my head tbh. Lately, though I have been inspired a lot more, maybe because I've been getting into more fandoms. Anyway, after recently getting into Supernatural I have made side characters who are brothers, who are hugely inspired by Sam and Dean.

*Throws Fate of Eamundia into the trash*
Amy and Amalia. *shudders* They're such Mary sue's. They're so bad. That whole story was so bad. I can't believe I let mum and dad pay to print off a copy. *shudders again*
"An eye for an eye
Hello! I'm Wren! I'm in my mid-teens and live
in New Zealand. I enjoy writing, reading, watching videos,
cosplaying, and drawing occasionally! I'm a Christian,
and always up to meeting new friends!

~ P ~ M ~ A ~
| Stories| A03 | Wattpad |
| RWBY | Merlin | Doctor Who | HP |
| 🐦| 🐺 | 🔬 | 🦊 |
|

and the world goes blind."
Woogwoo Wren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:40 am

Oh you bet, those are so much fun and hey press me to be more complicated with my plot
I think... Gosh, prorbably Jen-suk is th best one... The worst? Maybe... Turvis?
Tbh quietly a few, Martin, Jade, and Jasmine quite specifically
Dunno. If I don't like them I don't use them and they get forgotten.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Worst Username » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:52 pm

No. I haven't a clue why, I just...eh? I only wrote villains once or twice, and I just don't like them for no reason.
    Well, I'm writing a collab at the moment, and our villains are a bunch of godlike beings who re-conquer a world they abandoned for thousands of years. Everyone denies their existence, because no one wants the gods to be back, but they exist nonetheless. They're my best villains.

My worst one was probably Carrie (anyone thinking of Stephen King? just me?), who was a blend of my cousin that bullied me in 2nd-5th grade and the two girls that bullied me in 5th grade. She was just a terrifying, skeletal woman who chased after people with armies of enslaved bloodhounds and pitbulls, for no reason other than that I needed a villain that my self-insert could kill (and save the dogs she forced to become soldiers; I love dogs).
    Stop trying to be clever, Worst. My worst character was probably Chair, the oddly named self-insert who brutally murdered the personifications of people who had bullied me in real life. Its weapons (I gave Chair it/its pronouns for some reason?) were dual broadswords, like the ones Zuko uses in Avatar: the Last Airbender; an army of friends, souls, and deities from now-dead religions; its oddly wolflike teeth; a bucket of acid; the entire Luftwaffe, a bunch of M4 Shermans, and Ethiopia's military.

I am not making this up. I wish I was making this up, but I was one strange kid.
yeet
The Worst Username

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:40 pm

Yup! I don't remember very many, though....

The Vordz are interesting :p
Um... worst villain... Probably Shaska's older brother because HAHAHA MARY-SUE ANYONE? *dies in a hole* wait, I've just had a revelation. SHASKA HAS FLAWS. I'M SO GLAD. MY BABY GIRL CAN'T BE ALL MARY-SUE <33
Now that I think more deeply on the subject, I think her brother's not so much a villain as an antagonist... OH MY GOODNESS I'VE BEEN FORGETTING THIS STORY. FROM MEMORY IT'S NOT AS BAD AS I IMAGINE. THaNK YOU FOR ASKING THIS I FEEL SO HAPPY RN

Hhhm. I don't think any one character in particular has been inspirationalised just pretend for two seconds that that's a word and let's all move on like that, but I take my story-idea-inspiration from all over the place; jam a bunch of things together and make 'em fit, ya know? :p

Crud. Don't look through my old writing-posts, please and thank you, and they'll be conveniently forgotten forever :.D
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lucas. » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:16 pm

who is your favorite character you've come up with? describe them to us and tell us why they're your favorite!
    honestly, i'm really starting to dig the ideas i'm getting for grayson in my camp nano story, but i'm also really liking rhys in that story too - so i'm not sure if i could even pick a favorite from those two. i mean, once i get more into the story, i'll actually be able to describe them better, but i'm already falling in love and i just wrote the first chapter. i'll probably talk more about my story when the time comes.

yes! for sure. it's so fun to write them and come up with stories for them.

i haven't written anything like this, that would include a "villain" in a while, so i'm not quite sure. however, there will probably be a few in the story i'm writing and boy am i excited.

uhm, a few? it doesn't happen very often, but sometimes i'll steal parts of their personalities and make a whole new character out of them, but it's rare i really do that. more than often, if there's a name i'll like, then you better bet i'll be stealing that from whatever to make a pretty cool new character.

literally any of the characters from any of my first stories, they were all absolute trash. i started writing when i was pretty young, so i don't quite remember them well enough, but i do know the first few stories i started writing were about animals and stuff. i can remember some of the characters and honestly it just makes me think back and wonder why in the world i would ever do such a thing.

------------------------------------------------

question of my own that has probably been asked a billion times but why not throw another question up in here?
    [b]What's your favorite story you've ever written? Feel free to go into detail and tell us all about it![/b]
lucas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me