{ INKLINGS v.4 } A Thread For Writers

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: { INKLINGS v.4 } A Thread For Writers

Postby leiawolfe » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:28 pm

Lol

^ bump, haven't been in for a while lol
leah
australia
she/her
talk to me about anything and everything, my dms are always open !! sig is a wip ^^
leiawolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Captain Peregrin » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:58 am

middle earth. wrote:
    quick question:
    anyone here write articles? If you do, what are some of your tips?

The place you're publishing articles matters a LOT. Like, the main issue I have with publishing my blog is having to stick to a schedule. I did write an article for a school newspaper once, and my main impression was that you get a lot of feedback from the editor so LISTEN TO THEM.
Captain Peregrin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Springtalon » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:44 pm

Guys I am so hyped up, the book I'm writing just hit 10k!!
once we've
if we stand as
someday becomes
and a prayer becomes a
and the strike starts here
Springtalon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby myth; » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:18 am

*small wave* Hello new people! I've just filled and posted my join form on the other thread, though I've not started my book quite yet, I've nearly finished the world development and am trying to solidify the plot. :'3 My book is going to be a science/fantasy based about Gods, magic, and a never ending war of greed and vengeance...

What are you guys all writing and what are your most effective writing methods?

I find I can write the most after about 10-11pm when everyone else is asleep and the house is quiet, that and my mind seems to spawn all manner of interesting ideas during the latest hours.
I've quit chicken smoothie.

I might log in every now and then but don't expect me to.

Need me? Find me on Discord: myth--and--destiny#1901

sticks and stones may break our bones...
... But words can be fatal.
Be mindful of the feelings of others and treat them how you want to be treated.
myth;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:19 pm

Savannah-the-Caracal wrote:Guys I am so hyped up, the book I'm writing just hit 10k!!
Oh, wow! That's so cool!! :D

myth + destiny wrote:*small wave* Hello new people! I've just filled and posted my join form on the other thread, though I've not started my book quite yet, I've nearly finished the world development and am trying to solidify the plot. :'3 My book is going to be a science/fantasy based about Gods, magic, and a never ending war of greed and vengeance...

I find I can write the most after about 10-11pm when everyone else is asleep and the house is quiet, that and my mind seems to spawn all manner of interesting ideas during the latest hours.
Kia Ora! My current story is about rebels in the forest (of course), but also exploring tropes/cliches cx I have some twists and turns that I'm really excited to incorporate!!
I've found that neither planning nor winging actually works for me; instead, I've been planning small segments and writing it all before planning the next piece. And so far it's been going really well!!
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby legolas the elf » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:00 pm

Just a tip from me - kind of what Ranger said: plan some wing some. Also, write it fully one time through, the go back and edit it.then read that and finally mAke a final draft - I find that helpful.

@Ranger
Yes every book has rebels in the woods *applause*
legolas the elf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Springtalon » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:27 pm

myth + destiny wrote:*small wave* Hello new people! I've just filled and posted my join form on the other thread, though I've not started my book quite yet, I've nearly finished the world development and am trying to solidify the plot. :'3 My book is going to be a science/fantasy based about Gods, magic, and a never ending war of greed and vengeance...

I'm working on a fantasy novel about two types of dragons dealing with segregation, the crown prince is against basically all the rules against the lower class, and the dragon he chooses as his servant (to try and ally with him to change laws etc) is a suspicious gal who decides to agree only until such a point when she can betray him and go home as a reward.

I tend to write better when listening to music, or watching movies, and I've found that when I'm in a rough spot then to go back over my old drafts or through the current version, just cleaning stuff up until I get ideas.
once we've
if we stand as
someday becomes
and a prayer becomes a
and the strike starts here
Springtalon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:42 pm

Legolas The Elf wrote:@Ranger
Yes every book has rebels in the woods *applause*
Haha, yep, very original XD
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyjaks » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:45 am

O lawd hi guys!!! I haven't posted here in an eternity (again), hope you're all doing well <33

I come to ask a question~

Do any of you watch writing or writing related videos on youtube? If so, I'd love some recommendations! Recently a booktuber I watch named Kat started vlogging her writing process as she starts a new novel. I REALLY like the vlog style, it makes me feel super motivated to write. Here's the first video if anyone is interested :> (btw Kat also has some other really good writing videos about her outlining and drafting processes, stuff like that)

If you have any similar videos or just writing related videos in general you really like I'd love to check them out :0

Also- anyone planning on doing NaNoWriMo? I'm veeeeery tentatively thinking about participating. These past few months are easily the busiest I've been in a long, long time so I don't really know if I have the time or mental capacity to participate atm, but I do want to lmao
Pyjaks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:35 pm

Overly Sarcastic Productions, Terrible Writing Advice, and... someone else who I can't remember post writing videos on YouTube :p OH!! also Hello Future Me and TED c:

I'm not doing NaNoWriMo, but I have been working through Inktober!
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me