What this board is NOT for [Update 9/2018]

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: What this board is NOT for

Postby Snowflakette » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:21 am

Thanks for doing this!
One question though, in my story I am doing some fan art, is it okay to make them for my story and add it in there? Or should I post the drawings in a fan club for the story or something?
Snowflakette

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Metallic Dragon » Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:57 am

SnowflakeStar wrote:Thanks for doing this!
One question though, in my story I am doing some fan art, is it okay to make them for my story and add it in there? Or should I post the drawings in a fan club for the story or something?

As long as they are not spamming up your story thread, you can post your drawings in there. A fanclub might be better, but if they add to or are related to your story and they are your own work, then that shouldn't be a problem
Metallic Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bears » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:44 am

I noticed that all work on your post must be your own, but is it appropriate to quote a certain bit of writing that inspires you so long as it is short, and credit is given?
bears

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Metallic Dragon » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:18 pm

Mother Of Bears wrote:I noticed that all work on your post must be your own, but is it appropriate to quote a certain bit of writing that inspires you so long as it is short, and credit is given?

Yes, that would be fine as long as you only quote material that is family friendly
Metallic Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rising » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:23 pm

Is it ok to post stuff that hints at a murder being committed as long as you don't describe it in gory detail? Like short story or poem that strongly suggested someone was going to kill out of jealousy?
New username to remind me of the wind through the trees and the way I want to be.
Rising

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Metallic Dragon » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:36 pm

mental racat wrote:Is it ok to post stuff that hints at a murder being committed as long as you don't describe it in gory detail? Like short story or poem that strongly suggested someone was going to kill out of jealousy?

There should not be descriptions of excessive blood/gore or serious bodily injuries.
There should not be descriptions of sadistic violence where a character takes pleasure in the victim's suffering, whether described by the aggressor, victim or onlooker.
Sexual violence of any kind is never acceptable to imply, whether described by the aggressor or the victim

Ongoing and unprovoked abuse is not an appropriate topic for CS, and will not tolerated.

Characters MAY:
get into minor fights and scraps that do not end in very bloody/gory scenes, such as slapping/scratching/punching/kicking and then walking away with only minor bruises and scratches.
have implied (PG) violence in their character history, as long the mention and description of it is not overly detailed and inappropriate. Implying a history of sexual abuse is NEVER ALLOWED.
get into implied violence "off-screen" that is not described in an inappropriate or detailed manner.
suffer death or serious injury as a result of a fight/attack, as long as it is not described in gruesome detail during the fight or in recovery (e.g. a character may go to hospital to be treated for broken bones, or an animal may lick its wounds, but without gruesome descriptions of their injuries or how they happened.)

Characters MAY NOT:
Get into scenes which describe actions and details to a level that would be inappropriate for children and sensitive users to read. This includes overly descriptive or graphic scenes involving excessive blood, gore, serious injury, and death.

In this case, I would just refer to the roleplay rules.
Metallic Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby himeru » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:01 am

Are drama stories okay?
himeru

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Metallic Dragon » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:51 am

Random Letters :D wrote:Are drama stories okay?

Again, as long as all content is child friendly it is fine
Metallic Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby himeru » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:06 am

Metallic Dragon wrote:
Random Letters :D wrote:Are drama stories okay?

Again, as long as all content is child friendly it is fine

Okay, thanks :3
himeru

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vampiricdrow » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:43 am

Sorry to bother, but I was wondering if it was alright to make a pet diary using pets who are named/based off of characters from a show, comic, anime ect ect.
vampiricdrow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me