{{THIS IS NOT A DIARY HQ}}

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Postby GizmoTheDragon » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:58 pm

D I A R Y _ P A R O D Y _ HQ

This is the headquarters for anyone who writes, reads, or wants to chat about pet diary parodies. You do not have to have read the CACTUS and VENUS FLYTRAP to post here. (Though it would certainly be appreciated ;).) And you do not have to actually be writing your own diary parody to post here. (You could just want to chat about other people's pet diaries, which is completely cool!)

. . . . .

Do you want your diary parody featured in the library below? Just fill out the form!

Code: Select all

[size=150]I WOULD LIKE MY WORK IN THE LIBRARY![/size]
Username:
Title:
Link:
Is it part of a series?
If yes, what are the sequels (and the links to those too, please)?
Short Pitch: (something to persuade people to read your story in 180 characters (CHARACTERS, not words, this includes letters, punctuation, and spaces) or less)
Illustration (optional.  Could be a banner, a picture of your main character, anything):

important wrote:IN REPLY TO ANYONE WHO WANTS THEIR WORK IN THE LIBRARY.

I've recently gotten back from a hiatus and I'm working on it :) It will all be in the library post soon, but please be aware that this probably won't happen over night. Thank you for your patience :)
Last edited by GizmoTheDragon on Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:02 am, edited 3 times in total.

Quote of the Week

Guys, what are you doing here? You're making it hard for me to wallow in self pity -Karma
Screw self pity! You're too good for that! -Layna
I am? -Karma

The Original Diary Parodies
Cactus - Venus Flytrap

GizmoTheDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GizmoTheDragon » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:00 pm

D I A R Y _ P A R O D Y _ L I B R A R Y

GizmoTheDragon wrote:
L E T ' S . L A U G H . U N T I L . W E . C R Y
Meet Karma: loser, hopeless romantic, and outcast. Follow her as she falls in love with homicidal strangers, makes friends, hates enemies, and (possibly) saves the world.

THIS IS NOT A DIARY, IT IS A CACTUS!
THIS IS NOT A DIARY, IT IS A VENUS FLYTRAP

Coolpaw5 wrote:
P O T A T O E S . A R E . A L L . T H E . R A G E
Here's Cassandra, a loveable teenager. A complete weirdo, but loveable nonetheless. Join her as she fights the Queen Bee, starts a rebellion, be a war-leader, and tries not to die doing it!

THIS IS NOT A DIARY, IT'S A POTATO!
THIS IS NOT A DIARY, IT'S A POTATO CHIP!

~crazy wrote:
M E E T . M A V I S
She's a writer at a new high school that just received a diary to write in from her biological dad, (she has a step-dad, though) Wow wow wow-- pause. This is NOT a Diary. Its a CATFISH.

It's NOT a diary. It's a CATFISH.

ILoveMuffins wrote:
M E E T . K Y L I E
a socially awkward teenage outcast as she battles the horrors of high school.Will she meet friends?Defeat the evil Queen Bee?Find love?Pass her maths test?Read to find out!*jazz hands*

This is not a diary, it's a peach!

bluestar <3 wrote:
H I G H . S C H O O L ? B O Y S ?
being a popular but turning out your not? well chloe hale isn't perfect. Read all about the drama in this NEW diary! Her best friend is crushing on the same guy? well take in all this new juicy gossip. But shhhhhhh, don't tell her i let you read it

Diary, Top Secret Do Not Peek

P A P Y R U S , F T W!
Astennu is a young magician who dreams of being the best. Follow him on his fat pegasus as they find new ways to escape the s.w.a.t guys and become the best wizard!

It's a papyrus scroll.

CookieLittleKitten wrote:
T R A V E L . I N T O . A . W O R L D
of randomness (im actually trying to make it funny but im failing), chocolate, and wired stuff with Silver's apple by stealing it from her locker and reading it ^_^

~Silver's Apple Diary~
THIS IS NOT A DIARY, IT IS AN APPLE.... PANCAKE?

Cheezy wrote:
T H E . C H E E S E . W E D G E
is the blog of a weird lioness named Rosette. It takes place before the Potato, & has a surprise with every new post! Lots of stuff awaits Rosette and her Cheese!

The Cheese Wedge

Sailor Vesta wrote:
M E E T . E N Y A
a teenage paranormal enthusiast on her way to high school! But this isn't a normal school--this school is haunted with ghosts, demons, and a secret from the past...

Diary? What Diary? This is a log--a Ghost Log!

~PomPom~ wrote:
J O I N . S Y L V I A
in her kinda normal teenage life! Snotty queen bee? Social problems? Backstabbers? Yeah. You've got normal teenagers. Join Sylvia in the drama! It's veeeery a-peeling.

Bananas o3o

damsel~in~distress wrote:
S U R P R I S I N G . T W I S T S . & . T U R N S
will await you in The Watermelon Chronicles as Katryn lives her strange life as an outcast at her new school, where anything can happen.

The Watermelon Chronicles

~SilkyMoth wrote:M E E T . W O L F
and her tarantula Fluffy. They've just arrived at a new school. They must live at and worst of all there's a secret in this school and she wants to know it, Poop

This Is Not A Diary, IT IS A HEDGEHOG!

Xura wrote:
T H I N G S . A R E N ' T
always what they seem. A regular girl stuck in a crazy world. I dare you to read it, are you ᔕTᖇᗩᑎGE enough?

ᔕTᖇᗩᑎGE ᗪIᗩᖇY

Gerard Way wrote:
Image E V E R . W O N D E R E D

what could happen after you die? Well... Val's going to write all he can about it!

This isn't a diary, it's the afterlife

|•Oath•| wrote:
M E E T . A N A S T A S I A
a gossip girl that's anything but one! Follow her as she explores Eastside Pawpretory School, battles mortal enemies, and quite possibly, save the world!

The 4 Leaf Clover

Pikachu <3 wrote:
D O T T Y . I S
a 15 Year-old who always writes in her diary. Her insane brother tries to get in the way of things. Read Lamp diary for more C:

It's not a diary, it's a LAMP

Sugar The Wolf wrote:
T H I S . I S . T H E
Diary of Winter, she is a kinda normal Teenage wolf. read it for yourself. do you dare to look into her Diary I MEAN UHH SNOWFLAKE NOT DIARY!!! and learn her secrets?

Winter's Dia- SNOWFLAKE

momo0 wrote:
F A L L A . I S
a tweenage dog with a tragic family history, struggling to fit in at a school that's vicious in it's hierarchy. This is her story, and the story of her friends.

THIS IS A DIARY, NOT A TYPE OF FOOD

Greenwolf wrote:
J O I N . B R I E
as she battles the bullies and tries to keep her family and friends out of her diary, while at the same time keeping her beloved pet, Pip, safe from the populars.

This is a log

Yes,I'mTheDisneyGirl wrote:
F O L L O W . R A V E N
as she deals with her crazy aunt, a snot named Kai, a possible witch, and life as a teenager itself.

This isn't a diary...it's a MARSHMALLOW!

Giratina Girl wrote:
A R E . Y O U . S I C K . A N D . T I R E D
of all those other diary's? Want something slightly more gooey? Well then Dear Cheesie is perfect for you! It has a slightly nerdy dog with a mean older sister, tons of crazy and quirky characters and most importantly cheese IT HAS SHIPPING ALARMS!

Dear Cheesie

Squid Lover wrote:
X A N D . I S
the daughter of a Mage queen and doesn't even know it! Join her on her quest to discover what all this stuff is about... And she must do it without dying.

This is gold. Not butter.

Deku Baba wrote:
J U S T . A . S I M P L E
life story about a school for monsters. Completely normal.

Moon's school for corrupted kids.

{ Sprite. wrote:
S O U L . T H O U G H T
her high school years were gonna best normal. She did not expect it to be a like bad chick flick. Nor did she expect for her to be a... reaper?! With a twin brother whose the best in the reaper world?!

This isn't a diary. This is a Soul Jar.

WaterWolf600 wrote:
R U B Y, . N A M E D . R U B Y
for no reason, finds herself straight in Outcasts at her new school. Could this get any worse for her? Maybe not...

Rattlesnake Safe-guard?

Piefan wrote: T H E . U N I N T E L L I G E N T . F A R M B O Y;
the uptight, rich girl; the fashionable popular; the soon-to-be scientist. These four are forced to work together or fail school. And, if they're lucky, learn something from each other...

This is not a Diary, It is a Lychee!
This is not a Diary, It is a Longan!

vibrant. wrote:
L O L A . I S
a normal girl that has a diary. She calls it her table. That's it, so enjoy a squirrel. p.s EmiLY WUZ HERe p.p.s It's mainly a weird diary about a weird girl.

THIS IS NOT A DIARY, IT'S A TABLE!

{ Sprite. wrote:Z E O N . I S
going through the high school dream- NOT. The most popular girl in school is pinning after him, while her jealous Ex- the JOCK of the school is telling him to stay away from her. Plus, with his own crush, whose telling him mixed signals, he might just crash and burn.

I-it's not a dairy! It's a guidebook!

SnowflakeStar wrote:
J U S T . G R E A T
Me, Leah, a new girl in a totally bizarre school. Maybe I can get good grades, be myself, and save the world. Not. Take the first bite into the Blueberry, if you dare.

This Is A BLUEBERRY, NOT A Diary!!!

Random Sketches wrote:
H E L L O . D I A R Y
No that doesn't sound right. I know, Hello Jesse! Great!” Meet Devon, an Awkward teenage girl going through middle school. Follow her through her life through Jesse.

This is NOT A DIARY, It's name is JESSE(A Diary Parody)

Nyancat583 wrote:
D E A R . D A I R Y -- O O P S! I . M E A N . D I A R Y!
"Maybe not diary. That sounds too weird and girly. How about waffles? That sounds better." Meet Coal Barkmore, her friends, and her family and read about the awkward life of a teenage dog.

Dear Dairy/Diary/Waffles...

TheFabulousHorse wrote: D O N' T . T O U C H . M Y . L U C K Y . H O R S E S H O E
It started with a simple dare, one friends make to humor each other. Then, there's what those dares turn into. Some don't turn into something you have to do for a long time, but this one does.

This is NOT a diary. It's a Lucky Horseshoe!

.Pinkie Pie. wrote:
C L O E . I S
a normal... um, scratch that. A non-normal sixth-grader with some odd friends, and weird adventures, with romance, fake romance, drama, weirdness, and babysitting. Babysitting is awful, but SOMEHOW, Cloe fights her way through it and gets to the good stuff. Gangsters and octopuses and shtuff.

This is not a diary. It's a glowstick

Comettail76 wrote:
S I B L I N G . R I V A L R Y
has become a problem between Faith and Petunia. Problems only get worse when Faith gets picked for the main group, and Petunia doesn't. How will Faith try to get back to being friends with sister, and handle being seen as a role model to the school?

This isn't a Diary, this is an Apricot!

winter wolf. wrote:
M E E T . Z O E Y . P A W L I N G T O N
a teenage outcast that has crazy friend. Battling the dangers of teenage life, Zoey has much fun doing it. Listen to her story in her one-of-a-kind lamp!

THIS ISN'T A DIARY, IT'S A LAMP!

.:Kookie Kitten:. wrote: T H E . S T O R Y . I S . A R O U N D
Yuki, AKA me, who goes to school each day. At that school, the students are sorted into different groups differing on their personality. The school "leader", Sara, conducts the sorting. What group will you be sorted in, and even then, what will happen?

This Is An Owl, Not A Diary

narwhalchan. wrote:
T H E . N A M E 'S . L I L A C
even if I don't look like one. I lived a life of working as a story writer for basically my entire CS life. This all changes when I have to go to this school. First I become a popular, then I get my first enemy, and now I found out more secerts about me?! Want to know more? Look at my Vanilla Coffee, don't read it! Just look at it!

This is not a diary... It's a Vanilla Coffee

Eons. wrote:
T H E . S T O R Y . I S
about four dogs who find out they have powers and they are the only dogs in the world with those powers. Then they start a rebellion against the Populars and they end up going into war with evil dudes. (PS I'm not that far yet, so don't get TOO excited.)

.:This Isn't a Diary, It's a Noodle:.

Pokii wrote:
M E E T . A R W I N
a weird teenage girl that writes in her dairy. With that, she has to deal with bratty popular girls, good grades, and a little sister. Can she handle it all?

.:This Is Not a Diary, It's a Sushi

Last edited by GizmoTheDragon on Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:38 pm, edited 20 times in total.

Quote of the Week

Guys, what are you doing here? You're making it hard for me to wallow in self pity -Karma
I am? -Karma

Cactus - Venus Flytrap

GizmoTheDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GizmoTheDragon » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:28 pm

D I A R Y . P A R O D Y . C O N T E S T

Greetings, fellow parodigies, (Ha, ha, see what I did there? Parody + Prodigy = parodigy?) do you want to put your humor writing skills to the test? Then this contest might be for you!

Each person who enters will randomly be assigned a scenario for which they have to compose a pet diary. There will be several rounds, and an entry must be written for every round. There will possibly a person eliminated every round (depending on how many you have). Every round will have a challenge for that round's entry, and every parody will be scored for how it uses that challenge. For those who get to the final round, they will have an entire diary written by the end of the contest. Those who won't can continue to write their diaries if they wish (even using the challenges for the following rounds.) The diaries of those already eliminated will not be scored (But I'll probably still read them! :D )

To enter, just post in a neon color, like this saying "I WOULD LIKE TO ENTER THE CONTEST!"
No more entries are being accepted. Sorry!

The finalists' diaries will be featured proudly on the first post, and will have bragging rights.

The winner's diary will be featured first on the first post, along with any other work on CS of their choosing, and will receive major bragging rights.

Epic Parodigies Who are Competing wrote:
  • Coolpaw5
  • ILoveMuffins
  • Sailor Vesta
  • watermelonyum
  • ~crazy
  • bluestar <3
  • Cheezy
  • Fortunea
  • ~PomPom~
  • damsel~in~distress
  • CookieLittleKitten
  • Xura

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!
r o u n d . o n e

The first entry of a pet diary is always sort of an introduction. Something along the lines of 'Hello, this is my name. I somehow ended up with a diary. This is my life.' Sometimes the family is introduced. Sometimes the friends are introduced. Sometimes the main character just says 'AWWWW MAAAAANNNN. You mean I have to WRITE in this thing?'

You parodigies are welcome to do any of the above and more with your introductions, but there's a catch. (Isn't there always a catch?) Your character can be male or female, dog or cat (or chicken, for all I care), of any age, height, or weight, but they need to start out in the scenario that you've been assigned. (All were given out randomly thanks to a handy little number generator.) The assignments are below. Good Luck!

Post your diary entry here to keep this thread form being cluttered. Thank you!

• Coolpaw5 - A Character who has a horrifying secret... and someone just found it out ;)
  • ILoveMuffins - A Character who lives in a huge family with many, many siblings who are much more awesome than him/her, so s/he is often overlooked.
  • Sailor Vesta - A Character who has been sent to summer camp... possibly against their will
  • watermelonyum - A Character who has just moved into a new town and has absolutely no friends
  • ~crazy - A Character who has a neighbor that they absolutely hate and constantly butts heads with
  • bluestar <3 -A Character who has washed up on an uninhabited island
  • Cheezy - A Character who fulfills an extremely cliché stereotype and is often judged because of it
  • Fortunea - A Character who becomes part of a gang/club/association that changes their lives forever
  • ~PomPom~ - A Character who has been abducted by someone (or something, if you so chose)
  • damsel~in~distress - A Character who has a near impossible dream they are constantly reaching for
  • CookieLittleKitten - A Character who is suffering from amnesia (Memory loss)
  • Xura - A Character who lives in a weird/magical/foreign land (you take your pick on that)
Last edited by GizmoTheDragon on Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:03 am, edited 13 times in total.

Quote of the Week

I am? -Karma

Cactus - Venus Flytrap

GizmoTheDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GizmoTheDragon » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:29 pm

reserved

Quote of the Week

I am? -Karma

Cactus - Venus Flytrap

GizmoTheDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GizmoTheDragon » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:31 pm

one last reserve!

Okay, you can post now! :D

Quote of the Week

I am? -Karma

Cactus - Venus Flytrap

GizmoTheDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: {{THIS IS NOT A DIARY HQ}}

Postby Coolpaw5 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:22 pm

I WOULD LIKE MY WORK IN THE LIBRARY!
Username: Coolpaw5 is the name!
Title: THIS IS NOT A DIARY, IT'S A POTATO!
Link: Clickkk
Is it part of a series? Yup! The first story!
If yes, what are the sequels (and the links to those too, please)? Wellllllll, there's one sequel Click here!
Short Pitch: (something to persuade people to read your story in 180 characters (CHARACTERS, not words, this includes letters, punctuation, and spaces) or less) Potatoes Are All The Rage Now
Here's Cassandra, a loveable teenager. A complete weirdo, but loveable nonetheless. Join her as she fights the Queen Bee, starts a rebellion, be a war-leader, and tries not to die doing it!
Illustration (optional. Could be a banner, a picture of your main character, anything):Image
ImageImage
ᑕᖇᗩᔓᎩ?xxxxxxxxⓃⓞⓡⓜⓐⓛ?

Eᴠᴇɴ ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʙᴏᴛʜ, I ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ sᴛɪʟʟ...
Wʀɪᴛᴇ ᴀ ᴅɪᴀʀʏ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɴᴅ ᴘᴏsᴛ ɪᴛ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɪɴᴛᴇʀɴᴇᴛ.

╔══════════════════════════╗
Xura's DiaryDiary HQ
╚══════════════════════════╝
Divider at Glitter Graphics
ImageImageImageImage
Coolpaw5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Coolpaw5 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:23 pm

I WOULD LIKE TO ENTER THE CONTEST!
ImageImage
ᑕᖇᗩᔓᎩ?xxxxxxxxⓃⓞⓡⓜⓐⓛ?

Xura's DiaryDiary HQ
ImageImageImageImage
Coolpaw5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GizmoTheDragon » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:28 pm

Awesommmmme. :) Adding your story to the list right away! :)

And hey, wassup? 8D

Quote of the Week

I am? -Karma

Cactus - Venus Flytrap

GizmoTheDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Coolpaw5 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:31 pm

The ceiling. Hue hue hue hue *chuckle chuckle*
*laughs even though this is way overused*
ImageImage
ᑕᖇᗩᔓᎩ?xxxxxxxxⓃⓞⓡⓜⓐⓛ?

Xura's DiaryDiary HQ
ImageImageImageImage
Coolpaw5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GizmoTheDragon » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:38 pm

That is totally overused *laughs as well* but 'the sky' is slightly more overused. I should totally be writing right now, but I'm procrastinating #writer's block. #pointless hashtag

Quote of the Week

I am? -Karma

Cactus - Venus Flytrap

GizmoTheDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me