owned as of;12.01.18
(form)

runner up
user; humerussin - (form)
RU: here

honorable mentions
x1 stubs: universal song
x2 stubs: mareep & xostef202

Hey guys, just got back home from a very long drive after attending my brother's wedding. I decided rather than delaying posting this babe until tomorrow [strike]even though I'm exhausted I'd go ahead and post it up now. <3 I really love how this one turned out. Based on a Monarch Butterfly, sunrise & sort of caterpillars? idk lol

[Form]
Code: Select all
user;
name;
gender;
prompt: what are they most proud of? (250 words minimum, 1000 words max)
extras; (x4 - optional)

rules
  • prompt is required. minimum of 250 words; max of 1000.
    • what are they most proud of can be anything. can be an accomplishment, a person, an event, etc.
  • extras are optional.
    • there are x4 extras in total
    • each are worth 300 words each or 1 piece of art.
    • comics less than 4 panels are okay, and animations that are small like bounce or blink are allowed.
  • remember that extras cannot be combined with the prompt; though they may continue the same story/plot.
  • prettying up is allowed <3
  • good luck!

End Date: May 17th, 2018 @ 8pm CST
[/strike]

mutations
(venus fly)traptail (event rare)
hooves (roaming event rare)

[img]-----[/img]

Code: Select all
[url=][img]-----[/img][/url]
Last edited by Mint Chip on Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:52 am, edited 4 times in total.
ImageImage | Image | ImageImage

ImageImage
You can call me, Mint or Minty.
I usually type in green.

╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝

Dark Cocoa is owned by my Husband & Mint Chip is owned by me
Art created by me

My PMs are disabled, if you have a Viscet related question,
please see this FAQ.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #2479 - The Monarch

Postby ~Trompy » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:11 pm

MARKING THE MONARCH
~Trompy
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Unleashed Squiid » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:03 pm

ImageImage
user; Unleashed Squid //names; Danaus and Cat // gender; Both females
Meanings: Danaus (duh-nay-us) plexippus is the scientific name for monarch butterflies. // Cat is short for caterpillar.

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

ʏᴇᴀʀ: 𝟸𝟶𝟺𝟿.
ᴀɢᴇ: 𝟷𝟷.
ᴛʜᴀᴛ’s ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʜᴏᴏʟ sʏsᴛᴇᴍ ᴅᴏᴇs ɴᴏᴡᴀᴅᴀʏs.
𝟹𝟶𝟶/𝟹𝟶𝟶 ᴡᴏʀᴅs.

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Danaus gazed across the room, her innocent eyes capturing the violent scene surrounding her. She observed every shove of large paws against smaller victims. Being a new student here, the youngest of the bunch, Danaus scanned the faces around her, spotting hunger in her peers’ eyes. Unfortunately, it appeared, she was the feast in their lustful expressions.

Danaus suddenly leapt from her desk in the nick of time. Two students bowled through, ripping at each others ears, and biting with trap-like jaws. She watched frozen until the two split, bloodied but overall fine. One of the viscets, a large male, eyed Danaus, and at once her chest sank like a stone. He possessed that same cruel predatory hunger.

Perhaps it was to prove himself, or perhaps it was a game, but the next thing she knew, Danaus was thrown across the classroom, held tightly in his grip. She would have screamed, but her voice caught in her throat, like she was choking on honey. The boy struck her, and though Danaus felt every rip of skin, she could not move.

Anger rose in her chest as the boy shoved her. She felt like a doll, so dehumanized. Danaus suddenly decided that she was no victim. With a large sweep of paw, she lashed out and ripped the boy off of her with a great strike to his snout.

He looked furious for a moment, and turned, observing the crowd which had paused to watch. Looking back at Danaus, he struck one final blow, kicking her with all of his strength, toppling her tiny body to the floor. Even though she had lost that fight, Danaus had made her mark to the rest of the corrupted viscetlings. She was willing to fight. A wolf in the world of beasts and sheep.

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

ʏᴇᴀʀ: 𝟸𝟶𝟻𝟻.
ᴀɢᴇ: 𝟷𝟽.
ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇᴍᴏᴠᴀʟ ᴏғ ᴛᴏxɪᴄ ᴄᴀᴛᴀʀᴀᴄᴛs.
𝟷𝟶𝟶𝟶/𝟷𝟶𝟶𝟶 ᴡᴏʀᴅs.

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

When the heavy gong-like bells began to echo in the center of her village, Danaus thought it to be no more than another meeting from the III Oligarchy, perhaps the declaration of a new law or a command for the village to complete more tedious working hours. Yet as she lazily slung her legs from the ragged couch beneath her, and snuffed the thin candle which lit her tiny home, other noises began to race through her ears which told her otherwise.

“Get off of me” screamed a women nearby. The smashing of glass broke the silence next, followed a frenzy of aggressive shouts, a rumble with the magnitude of a small earthquake, and a roar which chilled Danarus to the bone. It wasn’t the kind of loud and thunderous roar that a hungered lion or tigress gave off, but was instead a terrible low grumbling frequency that raced through the ground, and was felt in her feet. A child began to cry.

Now cautious, Danaus crept to her boarded window, peeking out for as long as she dared. A large crowd had formed on the streets, walking like skeletons to the center of town. To her amazement, they were all caged, forced to follow like herds of sheep through town; a hastily placed barbwire fence on either side of the road loomed threateningly. Strange symbols were painted on the doorways of homes, and men with loaded guns perched atop roofs like tiny gods. Danaus saw no humanity in their eyes. Worse, worse than it all were the beasts which circled in the sky; she had never seen anything of the sort and at the sight, her knees trembled.

After calming herself with careful breaths and gently stroking her tail, Cat, she decided to just stay put. Danaus was close enough from the center of town to hear what was going on in that dreadful place, and close enough now to the back entrance of her home to make an escape into the large and dense forest beyond. The people’s pleas slowly drifted away. Silence cut through the frenzy and her ears sharpened as a single voice rang out through the thin air.

“Ladies, gentleman, welcome! I am here to save you. From what, you may ask? And I would respond, from yourselves...”

There was a tapping at her door and Danaus shrank into the floor, heart pounding. In panic, she remembered the symbols placed on all of her neighbors homes, and now it struck her that they were markers for those attending the meeting. She cursed to herself; time was up. It was too late now to turn back from her choices.

“...called you here today to set in some new guidelines. Do not attempt to disobey or...”

The tapping grew louder. Danaus began to crawl across the ground to her back exit. She didn’t dare even to breath.

Gunshots suddenly pierced the air. The crowd all shrieked in unison, wailing and crying out in fear. The tapping paused briefly. Danaus’ heart felt like it was about to explode from fear, and the speech continued.

“...Unfortunately your old leader is dead. We are not like him. We believe in equality. And once we all reach equality, my soldiers and I will step down...”

Her hand reached up to grasp the doorknob, closer, closer.

“...Even if that takes us one hundred years...”

Her front door smashed open. Danaus lept to her feet, pulled the knob and sprinted.

Never before had she run with such speed or agility, leaping over logs and tearing through bushes like a great river over stones. The fear of being caught suddenly drained away all pain or exhaustion from her system, and all that mattered was evading her pursuer. Step after step she ran, until all traces of life had dissipated from the world. Only then did she see a tiny hut in the distance. It had old walls made of rotten wood and a chimney that looked as if it would have fallen apart last week. Danaus quietly entered the building, carrying a feeling that whatever it was, and whoever may stir inside of it, was not foe.

A voice shrieked out, “Who goes ‘ere?”

“D-Danaus,” she whispered.

“Danaus? You a civilian of at’ town across the forest?”

“Yeah, I just esc—” She realized that she would need to be careful with the phrasing of her words. “...left that town.”

A ragged elderly women appeared from the shadows. “Ah, is it still run by the II Oligarchy?”

“No it’s the third” said Danaus without thinking. “Oh wait...no. I don’t know, there was some sort of event today and there’s not even an Oligarchy anymore.”

The women nodded. Her expression was unreadable. “What do yah think about at’, then?”

“They fenced off the streets but I don’t think they can be that bad. The III Oligarchy was terrible and the new folks are different than them.”

The woman snorted. ‘Ey’ll be as different as my grey hairs. Damned school system.”

“But they promised to be different.”

To her surprise, the greasy viscet laughed at her. “Nothing will change, foolish girl. Tha’s what ey’ always say. Ey’ embed it into your brain so yer easily controlled, ey’ promise to be different but ey’ never, never will be.”

Danaus pondered this, her ears twitching as they did when she was lost in thought. Now, looking upon all of the government and its continuous cycle of dictators, each one claiming to be better but ending up the same, it seemed so silly now that she’d fallen for such obvious lies. The school system had corrupted her, cast her mind away into the flow of manipulation. However, a small feeling of pride began to peck her for breaking out of that ruthless cycle. Perhaps it was the only time in her entire life where she had grasped at such an emotion.

It occurred to Danaus that she had been a sheep all along, but the train of benighted compliance had ended.

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

ʏᴇᴀʀ: 𝟸𝟶𝟻𝟼.
ᴀɢᴇ: 𝟷𝟾.
sɪx.
𝟹𝟶𝟶/𝟹𝟶𝟶 ᴡᴏʀᴅs.

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

“Psst.” Danaus turned at the sound. Immediately a paw clasped over her mouth. She struggled, but the voice continued, “Shh. Follow silently.”

Danaus figured she had no choice, and obliged. In a secluded corner she finally saw her captor, a middle aged viscet who had the wrinkles of someone much older.

“Who are you?” She whispered.

“Six. You’re no soldier so let me ask you the same thing.”

“I’m—it’s none of your business. And why do you say that?”

“You don’t have they eyes of someone cruel,” he muttered... “Tell me, what do you think of the government?”

Danarus felt like she had been burned. All of the pent up anger boiled within her. “I’d like them dead.”

This seemed to suprise Six, but he continued. “I think you might like where I’m going then...if rebellion is in your nature.”

“Was that it? How..Why do you trust me?”

“I repeat. You don’t have the eyes of someone cruel...and you also remind me of my daughter.” Pain flickered in his icy gaze. “If you’re interested, follow me. If not, hurry off. The guards have gotten stricter with curfew violations recently.”

Danaus seemed to like the sound of a rebellion, and she quickly agreed to follow Six. Perhaps it was a little impulsive, maybe even crazy, but it felt right.

Her eyes grew large at the sight of the building; it was a church. “Why here?” She asked, scanning the dusty ruins.

“If they come in here and spot us, we’d be shot, no questions asked. Place’s been banned since day one.”

“And that’s good?”

“Kid, we’re trying to overthrow the government. Getting killed is far better than getting caught. So let me ask you one more time...are you in?”

Danaus’ eyes shone brightly. “Cross my heart and hope to die.”

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

ʏᴇᴀʀ: 𝟸𝟶𝟻𝟾.
ᴀɢᴇ: 𝟸𝟶.
ᴛʜᴇ ғɪɢʜᴛ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ sʜᴇᴇᴘ.
ᴀʀᴛ ᴘɪᴇᴄᴇ.

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

ʏᴇᴀʀ: 𝟸𝟶𝟼𝟼.
ᴀɢᴇ: 𝟸𝟾.
ᴘɪᴄᴋ ᴀ ᴘᴏɪsᴏɴ.
𝟹𝟶𝟶/𝟹𝟶𝟶 ᴡᴏʀᴅs.

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Her apple cider gaze burned into him, and the man who ruled the world stared back unfazed. Cruelty so eternally emulated from his iron fist was now quenched in this moment with the rioting and the threats from outside the windows. Now the world knew of his violence. Now the world would forever shout in bloodied enmity and speak of democracy, cursing his name.

“Not so strong now,” said Danaus in a frosty tone. “One step outside and you’ll be torn to shreds.” Her voice was that of melted copper, and she felt pride surging through her at this victory. She viewed the rebellion as a person would view their own child; she had molded it, kindled it, and in an odd way, she loved it. Never again would the country falter in the eyes of dictatorship; never again would children suffer like she had.

The man said nothing.

The ending, so grand it would be. The wooden frame of the house and the lush carpets which lined the floor. All would soon be destroyed with Danaus’ lit flame. The calls from those outdoors would ring throughout history.

This seemed to catch his attention. “You’re insane,” he stated as if it were clearer than the moon in the plum sky. “You’ll burn too.”

Danarus shook her head. “You’d know what that’s like, wouldn’t you.” Her fists boiled with pent up anger. Her mind drifted back to Six, and she wondered if the flower placed atop his soft mound of dirt was still perfect. “Maybe one day we’ll meet again,” she muttered. “You and I, the crazy ones I suppose. We’ll end up alike some day. But for now, this is over.”

And with a soft, feathery movement, the match was released from her hands.

And the world caught on fire.

ImageImage

credits to missbelgy, ladymidnightsolace on DA for ‘prettying up,’
Art + Writing by me.
Note: If you plug “six” into a word counter it will show as 301 words because of my dash divider in the center of the story. Since the divider is text ( ——) and not an image, it is counted as word when it is not.
Last edited by Unleashed Squiid on Mon May 21, 2018 7:38 am, edited 27 times in total.
Squid || She/Her || ENFP || Kals
Image hello I am tiny and you can’t read me! :) Imagehello I am font and you can’t read me! :) Image
Unleashed Squiid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiffell » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:37 pm

mark
- - - - - -
mangroveclan (stars) | cactusclan (stars)
- - - - - -
im no longer active on cs, if you want to talk/need to contact me please do so through discord or TH!
kiffell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fromage » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:03 pm

|| user; mareep | name; Danaus(Dana) and Dionaea(Dion) | gender; Both males ||

⋖ ❀ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ❀ ⋗

extras: The creation

Lenore sighed to herself in middle of the Freymoor Forest as she followed along the trail she created herself a little after she moved in this country. She have to do a.. some sort of ceremony to "advance" her magic, or whatever her mentor said. It's a something she had to think of herself to prove that she had been practicing and serious about it. The problem is that she couldn't think of anything!! She felt like she had done absolutely everything there is to do with flora magic. Which should be enough to prove her worth!! Then again, Harlow did sign; "you might think that, but there is always a lot more to do."

The hooved viscet jumped to side as she felt like she bumped into something, and that something looked like a.. venus fly trap! She crouched down to carefully extract it from the ground, ensuring that the roots is still attached. Her first thought is to keep it as a decoration plant in her bedroom, but looking at it more, she got a sprout of idea, and she had to water it for it to grow. She looked around, noticing a scattered pile of monarch butterfly wings around where the plant was. She picked up many as she could, stashing them in her satchel. Why bother thinking so hard about it when doing things on the fly is what got her this far with the practice?

She hurriedly left the forest, heading towards her home she shared with two other viscets. Once there, she left the venus flytrap, and bunch of monarch butterfly wings in her practice room. She left right after to her mentor's room, expecting to see her there. Which she is, but asleep. Her tailmouth, Wicker, is still awake, gazing out the window, which worked either way.

"Hey Wicker," she called out quietly, approaching the bed, smiling when the tailmouth turned to look at her. "Do you think I could, like, pluck some mane strands off you?"

When Wicker nodded before bowing his head, she reached out to pull few strands from his head. She then ruffled it as an apology for the pain even though it was nothing but a tickle for him. She went back to her practice room, tying the clump of mane together with a vine as a string. She stared at the pile of ingredients she had for this magic, and getting the temptation to add her own mane in the mix for fun. Lenore reached up and pulled out the same amount of mane off herself, tying it the same as she did to other clump.

The green viscet lined up the ingredients in an order and prepared the huge cauldron by pouring a clear base liquid inside, filling it up halfway. She stirred the liquid with an enchanted staff until it started to swirl and sparkle on it's own. She reached over to grab the plant, carefully easing it in middle of the cauldron root first. After it disappeared into the liquid completely, she collected the remains of monarch butterflies; scattering it around where the plant had been. Last, but not the least, she mixed her and Wicker's mane together before sprinkling it near the walls of the cauldron.

Lenore let the ingredients sit for a minute before stirring it again as she chanted a spell to properly mix and active the contents. Soon enough the liquid became thicker the more she stirred, the clear color became muddy brown with orange tint. She pulled her staff out before the contents hardened into a pot of soil. She continued the chant confidently, so sure that this would work. She doesn't know what to expect, but she know this should work.

A small orange sprout emerged from the soil, she touched it with her hoof gently as if to comfort it, to let it know that it's doing a great job. It felt alive, not as in plant sense, but as in soul; life is actually inhabiting this plant. It rendered Lenore more excited about the outcome of this plant. Minutes passed, the plant sprouted more leaves into a bush-like formation that became more monarch-like in color. Then a round something emerged from the soil, soon as it opened it's spiky mouth; Lenore immediately knew this was a tail alike to Harlow's, just with leafy mane. She became more hyped, eager to see the viscet it would be attached to.

Finally after growing it's long length of a tail, pair of hooves started to poke out of the soil. The witch watched in amazement as it gripped into the edge of cauldron for support with it's legs to pull more of itself out. Lenore had to hold the huge pot so it don't tip over; continuing to watch until a head poked out. It looked around curiously before setting eyes on their creator. Bright red eyes looked back at pair of wide oranges. The green viscet helped the viscet out of the soil, taking notice of lack of hooves on the front arms. That doesn't make her love this viscet like her child any less, though. She brushed the dirt off, smiling widely.

"Congratulations, Lenore. As an ultimate witch; I officially announce that you are an advanced witch now." The familiar voice belonging to Wicker made the said viscet looked up to find Harlow in the doorway, apparently having been there the whole time. The purple viscet continued signing, "out of everything, I expected this the last thing you would do. Are you going to name them?"

"Yeah," Lenore started, already have the names in mind. "Danaus and Dionaea. Scientific names for monarch butterfly and venus fly trap." Her mentor let out a choked-like snicker, not forgetting that this kid used to be very into science in her former life, feeling a sense of fondness to see it coming into light here.

"You Dionaea!!" The viscet shouted at it's own tail whom squeaked out of surprise, then snapped its maw back out of frustration. Other two viscets just watched them bicker with amusement, they really did take after the source of their DNA a lot. Lenore couldn't wait to spend rest of her life with Dana and Dion like they were her own. This was an amazing discovery today, she don't think she would make more viscets this way, it would take forever to find first two ingredients needed, today was just a lucky day.
      (1058/1200)

⋖ ❀ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ❀ ⋗

prompt: What are they most proud of?

It had been several years since his birth, and Dana had loved living with his mother. She was very comforting and understanding. A wonderful mother overall. He was proud of everything, it was hard to narrow down to one. However Lenore is the one he's most proud of, aside from not being home much, she started her mentor rank soon after making sure he was settled in. Normally the mentor rank isn't given out so easily, but to consider his mother had quite literally grown a full viscet with a variation of tailmouth.. that said a lot for itself.

Other thing he was proud of is their work in Lenore's garden, being gone a lot; she had no time to maintain it. He and Dion agreed to look after it. It was an easy food source for his tail too, whenever there was pests nearby, they were gone in an instant. Dana also loved to water plants, research seeds, figure out what works and what does not. The garden became more like his own than his mother's, but it was shared. His mother had the herbs and other ingredients she needed here, and he had added his own section for simple produce. Fruit, vegetables, trees, nothing big.

He recalled his mother saying something about a kitchen witch, a witch that specialized in baking, brewing, and cooking. He had thought about taking up on that craft, he did really like to make food a lot, and Lenore always complimented his cooking. Dana decided to keep that on back burner since he was still young and he wanted to continue working on the garden and until Lenore had less to do. He doesn't know anyone to go to learn the practice other than Lenore and Harlow, but they're both always busy. That doesn't make him any less appreciative or proud of his mother.

Everyday Dana always tried to find ways to be appreciative of life. He got to see variations of pretty flowers. To hear birds chirp. The miracle of life that is to see newborn rabbits in a burrow. The feel of winter under his hooves and on his pelt. He was also proud of the life he had been given alongside his best friend; Dion. Dana couldn't bring himself to imagine the life without his mother and his tail. He probably wouldn't even exist first of all, and without Dion, life would be much more boring.

The viscet had always heard that it was more normal for parents to express how proud they are of their child, but it was another way around for him. He always made sure to remind his mother how proud he was of her, and how much he loved her. Lenore always accepted it appreciatively, using it as motivation boost, sometimes even inspiration. He knew Dion felt the exact same despite not being able to talk in order to express it for himself.

It goes without saying, if he had to choose one; his mother would be something he's most proud of.
      (507/1000)

⋖ ❀ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ❀ ⋗

Last edited by fromage on Mon May 21, 2018 7:38 am, edited 9 times in total.
fromage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DragonCave » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:15 pm

user; DragonCave
name; Florin
gender; Male
prompt:
    Florin doesn't like to think of himself as a prideful viscet, but there's no doubt in his mind that he greatest pride his his mate, Aponi. Being a rather soft spoken and passive viscet, Florin can't help but to marvel at Aponi's fearless attitude and physical prowess. Ever since they were young he would find himself absentmindedly staring at her, captivated by the way she moved and talked. Somewhat urged by other's humorous remarks about their similar markings, the two became good friends early on in their childhood. As years went by, Florin slowly realized that he had completely fallen in love with her. He was devastated when Aponi left to travel as a loner. Her friendship was the only one he had ever known and he was completely lost without it. The only relief was the letters he occasionally received from her. She told him about her travels, fights, and eventually her new life in a pack. She was making a name for herself, a name that garnered respect from others. With each letter Florin received he felt a little swell in his chest, something he would later recognize to be pride. Florin was proud of Aponi's accomplishments and couldn't even express how proud of her he was for taking her life into her own hands and doing what she wanted when she wanted. He idolized her- to him she was just about perfect in every way.

Florin doesn't know what happened in his brain, but one day he had had enough. He wasn't about to spend the rest of his life wishing that he had confessed his love to Aponi. The letters had stopped and he was determined to find her before the clues he had to her location became too outdated.

(WIP)

• Proud of his mate, Aponi, beyond words
  • As vain as it sounds he's proud of the fact that they "look like a set" due to their butterfly markings
extras; (x4 - optional)
Last edited by DragonCave on Mon May 14, 2018 10:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
  • She/her
  • Cancer ♋
  • Band trash
  • Aquarist
  • More
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DragonCave

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lioashu » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:13 am

user; humerussin
name; canna
gender; female
what are they most proud of?
(910 w)

Ever since she was a young viscling, Canna has cared deeply for her family; especially her grandparents. Although her parents were too busy with working their jobs and tending to the cottage, her grandparents would spend most of their time with her. Whether it was making little paper crafts, or sitting on the back porch cloud watching, they were like her best friends. Not many other viscets chose to live in the area; it was a grassy, plain setting with wide stretches of tall grass, rolling hills, and the occasional lonely tree. It was a beautiful, lush but isolated location, and Canna wouldn’t have chosen any other place to grow up.

Canna was named after the orangey-red flowers that dot the stretch of land they own, despite being more tropically acclimated. With plenty of sunshine and warmth they thrive from late spring to summer; during that time they also receive quite a bit of rainfall, so the soil is perfect for farming and growing flowers. Sometimes, Canna’s grandparents would walk with her far out into the sea of grass, and admire all of the blooming Canna flowers.

More recently, though, her grandparents have moved out into their own little cottage several miles or so away. It was a little too far for Canna to walk to their house, so instead, they come visit every couple days to sit and talk over news and drink herbal tea in the living room of her parent’s chalet. It wasn’t a busy or risky life for any of the viscets, so often times the topic of conversation would be the weather or what their distant family was up to.

It was when Canna’s grandfather came to her house with a crudely painted canvas of a flower she’d never seen that the seeds of artisticism were planted in Canna’s heart. The brushstrokes were as careful as a paw could manage, and the colors seemed to almost pop off of the surface in shades of yellows, browns, and greens. It was a fascinating sight for her to behold, although her parents took more interest in “more important things,” so Canna and her grandparents sat in a room alone to chatter among themselves. She found out the painting wasn’t done by her grandfather, but instead, it was a piece bought for pocket change.

At that point in time, art didn’t seem to have much of an impact on the lives of creatures. Viscets especially were more concerned with taking care of themselves and making the most of their free time. It was turning into a more quickly paced time, and art was the last thing on some minds. Paints and paintbrushes were a little difficult to come across as well; due to the required resources and limited access to various colors. It was a creative activity that most viscets may have even looked down upon for “wasting time.”

Nonetheless, Canna was absolutely amazed to rest her eyes upon such a piece.
    She had never really looked into art at all before, but suddenly the painting became the focus of the entire room to her. She was a creative child when she was younger, but as she grew she began to lose her spark. There wasn't much for her to exercise it on after all, so it made sense. Her grandfather smiled warmly when Canna’s eyes sparked with such interest he hadn't seen before.

“If you like it, I've another surprise for you,” her grandfather commented. Canna nodded eagerly, still examining each brush stroke of the flower painting. He set the canvas aside, reaching behind a chair he was previously sitting in and pulling out a paint set. Only several colors were in the palette, but Canna didn’t mind at all. Along with the paints came a small brush set - there was only so much variety in them as well, but they meant the world to her.

Canna didn’t have too much to be proud of in her life. She wasn’t ashamed or anything of the like, though - she just sort of lived her life but was content. With the introduction of art and painting, she found something to spend her free time on besides just strolling through fields or cloud watching. Canna had found what she wanted her lifelong career to be - even if other viscets didn’t approve of it or find it a popular choice, she wanted to make art more accepted throughout the land.

From that fateful day on, she would try as often as she could to practice with her brushstrokes and even learning how to mix and create more colors with what she started with. Each time her grandparents would visit, she would show them what she made that week with pride. It made them especially happy on top of the time they would spend doing activities together, and that meant the world to her. Not having too many friends but instead being close with her family, her grandparents taught her how to keep enjoying life out in the country.

Nowadays, she spends most of her time traveling and exploring for new subjects to paint or, as of recently, draw with a crude pencil. Canna wants to spread the idea that art wasn’t just for cave paintings, but the expression of oneself. Along her way, she’s made several friends and even inspired other viscets to try art for themselves. That, in and of itself, is the one thing Canna is most proud of.

extras; (x4 - optional)

canna's quirks
(299 / 300 w)

One of Canna’s major traits is how her tail behaves as a sort of subconscious. It often times is a little more honest than she is about how she feels about something. Whenever she would be excited or enthusiastic, her tail may wave around; whether it’s a little bit, or hysterically flailing around. Sometimes her tail deviates from whatever mask expression she may put on to not be rude, instead revealing her real feelings.

During one of her painting sessions, she may also utilize her tail as a sort of third arm, occasionally to grab items she needs at the time or hold tools she will need eventually. Whether she’s working on a painting or planning a new piece, her tail will grab different shades of color she’s concocted in preparation. Other times it may scribble out ideas while she paints for future pieces, which she will examine later and determine what she will work on later. Even if it doesn’t seem like it, Canna has a habit of starting projects and then not finishing them later; thanks to her tail, she keeps focused and can manage her projects in a timely and efficient manner.

Another quirk of Canna’s is her fidgeting. In her later years, it’s become an issue for her to control, as it sometimes gets in the way of her daily life. She has problems holding objects or items steady due to it and occasionally will even drop something because of it. Though thanks to her grandparents, painting has become her coping mechanism for her quirk. It helps her calm down and hold her focus to what she’s doing, enabling her to remain steady and deliberate with what she does. Painting became more than just a hobby to her, and now is part of her life.
Last edited by Lioashu on Wed May 09, 2018 2:53 am, edited 4 times in total.
Don't check here often anymore. If you need me please contact me elsewhere.
Lioashu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yuroshi » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:34 am

user; yuroshi
name; Mari
gender; Male
extras; (x4 - optional)
Yuroshi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ultimate writer. » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:34 am

user;
name;
gender;
extras; (x4 - optional)
ultimate writer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me