Time spent 2 hours, 42 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
18 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Viscet #2450 - Winner

Postby Mint Chip » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:31 am

winner

honorable mentions

So Magic is one of our themes and boy do I love magic designs and classes in games.
so here's a magical viscet and I'd like to know what their book contains, what's it about, what's inside it.

[Form]
Code: Select all
user;
name;
gender;
prompt: what is inside the book or what is the importance of the book? (minimum 100 words | max of 750 words)
extras (optional - x3)

[Rules]
  • the prompt is what I'm mostly judging this comp on. I want to know what their book is about or why it's important, and it can be anything magical or no!
  • extras are optional. x3 extras allowed; each extra is worth 300 words or 1 piece of art. and extras can be combined together.
  • extras cannot be added to the prompt though.
  • prettying up is allowed.

End Date: April 15th, 2018 @ 8pm CST.
there will be no extensions unless there's no qualifying forms. so get your forms done by the end dates c:

[img]---[/img]

Code: Select all
[url][img]---[/img][/url]
Last edited by Mint Chip on Fri May 18, 2018 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage | Image | ImageImage

ImageImage
You can call me, Mint or Minty.
I usually type in green.

╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝

Dark Cocoa is owned by my Husband & Mint Chip is owned by me
Art created by me

My PMs are disabled, if you have a Viscet related question,
please see this FAQ.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #2450

Postby SilverSamurai » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:26 am

YES YES YES

Yo, I'm Silver and like talking with people and making new friends.
I enjoy music, birds, anime/manga, video games, and art. Feel free to send over a message whenever if you'd like to chat!

A lot is happening right now, but I'm doing my best

"I fell apart, but got back up again,"
SilverSamurai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ ☪ // i am the necromancer, chisaki !! ]

Postby ✦ nemuri » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:34 am

────────────

[ user. .kaede] [ name. chihiro (千尋 - thousand searches), goes by chisaki (血咲 - blood blossom) ] [ gender. cisfemale ]

────────────

prompt ; importance of the book.
      indentchisaki's book is hardly worth anything; it's strange, tattered, and has strange script written in it that no one but chisaki can understand. as insignificant as the book may seem, it is absolutely priceless and irreplaceable to the purple runed viscet. you see, although chisaki is a mage and necromancer, she's terrible at the craft of magic and is only useful in raising the dead, which has horrible repercussions when used too often. as such, her master gave her a book, and ordered her to put an enchantment on it so that only chisaki could understand and read what was written in the book. it was one of the few spells that the purple runed viscet did manage to cast successfully, and her master instructed chisaki to write notes for casting spells and creating potion recipes in that book. chisaki and her master had several more lessons together, before her master had mysteriously disappeared, leaving nothing behind, except for a note which contained information on how to give magical properties to chisaki's book. due to the collection of notes on magic that chisaki had written beforehand, she was also able to successfully cast that spell on her book as well.

indentafter her master left, chisaki traveled around the five kingdoms as a wandering necromancer, disguised as a mage-in-training with no master. although the purple runed viscet was originally from the kingdom of kyoutora, she particularly enjoyed her visits to nakutsune, where her magically-bound book came in handy. when chisaki was called for her abilities with necromancy, her book contained tips and ways to lessen the impacts and repercussions that usually came hand-in-hand with casting necromancy magic. it had also gotten the purple-runed viscet out of many unfavourable situations, where chisaki had written helpful and important spells within her book, incantations that she definitely wouldn't have ever been able to memorize. although the book was bulky and rather inconvenient at times, chisaki never considered the book to be a bother, and thought of it as a friend instead.

indentabove all, it one was one of the last remnants that chisaki had of her master. although her master had been gruff and was capable of dishing out punishments, the days that chisaki had spent with her master were some of her happiest, and her master seldom handed out presents. even if the book didn't contain useful spells and handy tricks for chisaki to use and jot down, she would've still treasured it because it was from her master, who had suddenly disappeared. while the citizens of kyoutora believed that the purple-runed viscet's master had abandoned her, chisaki believes otherwise. how else would she be able to explain the note and the present? she believed that if her master really wanted to abandon her, then they wouldn't have poured so much time with her.

indentwhile chisaki had no way to prove her theory, she also believed that her master had cast a spell on her book before their departure. during her travels, the book would glow with a purple aura every now and then, and chisaki believed that it was almost as if the book was leading her to her master. she didn't know if the glow was because of the spells that her master had told her to cast on the book, or if her master had cast a spell on the book themselves before they left chisaki. either way, there wasn't enough evidence to give chisaki a concrete answer of her master's whereabouts, but it provided her with enough information to connect the dots between her book and her master.

indent"i couldn't ever imagine being without my precious book... it doesn't matter what the other people say, but so long my book is important to me only, then that's all that really matters. i would be completely lost without my book, with no way to live live and no motivation to see the next day, because i truly believe that my book can lead me to my master. i don't know why they left, but it must have been for a good reason. in any case, if my hunch about my book is correct, then it can only be a matter of time.

indent"no matter what, i will always believe that my book is my most important belonging. when i get better at magic... i will bring it to life, and then i will be able to finally call the book a real friend."

indent[ 743 / 750 words ]

────────────

extra 1 ; personality.
      indentif nothing else, chisaki is considered to be a very quirky viscet. at first, her strangeness may not be so apparent, but when she isn't rambling on about her book, she is quite convinced that she will grow up to become a powerful mage and necromancer. while it's a good thing that the purple-runed viscet has such high ambitions, her future as a powerful mage is not bright, due to the fact that chisaki is actually very bad at magic. however, she deserves credit for trying hard; chisaki is a determined viscet, and even when the odds are bad, she will still try until she cannot try anymore.

indentoften times, chisaki's determination will pass off as stubbornness and persistence. for example, many viscets (including her own master) have told chisaki that her talents did not lie with becoming a mage, and she merely shrugged them off and continued to learn the ways of a mage to the best of her ability. she has a habit of not listening to viscets she doesn't like, and whenever she hears something that she deems as false or annoying, it simply goes in one ear and out of the other ear. chisaki is able to pass that habit off as being air-headed, but in actuality, she knows better.

indentchisaki can also come off as incredibly confident in her abilities, but on the inside, she's insecure and scared. she knows that she's bad at magic, and she can't help but quiver in fear whenever she's pitted against a stronger magic user. she's easily frightened, but due to her determined and supposedly confident nature, chisaki would brush all concern off and pretend that her tears were because dust got into her eyes. some viscets may be fooled, but her betters will always know the truth.

indent[ 299 / 300 ]

────────────

extra 2 ; being a necromancer, disguised as a mage.
      indentto be a necromancer, a viscet must have some sort of affinity with the dark magics, and have a natural ability in communicating with the dead. while chisaki technically doesn't meet any of these requirements, she was born into a long family of necromancers, and the talent for raising the dead was given to chisaki, even if chisaki's magic is... far than perfect. for whatever reason, necromancy is one of the few skills that chisaki is actually good at, but due to how dangerous it can be to its caster, chisaki avoids it as much as she can, and tries to pass off as a dark mage instead.

indentthere are more dangers than just reviving the dead. like all mages, the powers of a necromancer can be forcefully taken from them, but due to the difficulties in using necromancy, it is not uncommon for viscets to try and steal the magic of a necromancer. if chisaki is disguised as a dark mage, she would be able to avoid those power-thirsty viscets more successfully. besides, some dark mages can use some necromancy; chisaki is still technically a beginner necromancer, and when dark mages attempt necromancy, it will never be as powerful as the magic from actual necromancers.

indentthere is another prominent threat if word got out that chisaki is a necromancer. there are groups of viscets who believe in a higher being, and greatly dislike the idea of dead bodies coming back to life to serve under a master. even if the revival was merely temporary, these viscets believe that the flow of life and death should not be altered. as such, they track down necromancers and try to put an end to them. their strategies may vary from group to group, but they usually spell the end of a necromancer.

indent[ 300 / 300 ]

────────────

extra 3 ; why chisaki instead of chihiro.
      indentthe purple-runed viscet generally goes as chisaki instead of chihiro for two simple reasons: to conceal her identity, and because her master was the one who gave her the name in the first place. as mentioned previously, necromancers live in constant danger and fear for their lives if their true identities aren't hidden, and one of the easiest names to throw viscets off your tracks is to change your name. while the first character of chisaki's name sounds the same, it is written differently, and has a completely different meaning. besides, the name 'chisaki' sounds like a possible alias for a female dark mage, and when chisaki's master gave her that name, the purple-runed viscet accepted it eagerly.

indentfew viscets know chisaki as chihiro, and those who do are missing, dead, or far away from chisaki. chisaki's master knew her real name, and so did her parents. her master is missing, and while her mother is alive and in hiding, her father is dead. if possible, chisaki knows that it would be most ideal if the name that her master gave her could become her permanent one, because knowing a viscet's real birth name would grant one over that particular viscet. that was how her father was killed, and although she may not look the part, chisaki will do anything to survive, even if it means denying herself of her real name and real feelings.

indentthe change of name can also be interpreted as chisaki trying to protect the remnants of her family. if she goes by her alias, then all her mistakes and faults would be tracked to her alias, and as 'chisaki' has no family, 'chihiro's family would be unharmed. 'chihiro' yearns to be a mage; 'chisaki' is a necromancer who is simply trying to find her master.

indent[ 300 / 300 ]

────────────
Last edited by ✦ nemuri on Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
✦ nemuri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Virixin » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:36 am

mmm, mark <0<
Virixin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Unleashed Squiid » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:54 am

YES MARK
Squid || She/Her || ENFP || Kals
Image hello I am tiny and you can’t read me! :) Imagehello I am font and you can’t read me! :) Image
Unleashed Squiid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sullivan Maurus » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:55 am

user; Amxen no.XV
name; Tenebris
gender; male
prompt: what is inside the book or what is the importance of the book? (minimum 100 words | max of 750 words) The Book of Prophecies.
extras (optional - x3)
Gone.
Sullivan Maurus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cyberdragon725 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:58 am

OMYGAWSH RES

-Head librarian of celestial libraries
-The book itself is one of many and within this particular book is recorded the life of the viscet known as Asher
-Somethings wrong with Ashers book and has been trying to change the story which inadvertently changes the way the story ends
She has to figure out who's been in the library and how to fix it

100 word relationships for Riley, Aurora, And Alakai
xxxx my fren
xcreaterazoralexhowl
xbettajamesmiloyugi
xblutengu
xxx x COLLEGE‼‼‼
x blu helped coding siggg.
xxxxxx ^Precious Blu Bean
━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━
━ ⭐ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ 🌑 ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ⭐ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━
x To Do ::
✁ Full time job! Growin up
✃ plz send help
✁ Make adopts
✃ Update that toyhouse
✃ Do your gosh darn homework
✃ Stop failing college
✃ HMU if you need a toyhouse code
✃ Anxious as heck, but I'm still here so there's that
✃ Comissions are open, feel free to pm me

━ ⭐ ━ ━ ━ ━ 🌑 ━ ━ ━ ━ ⭐ ━x
My Website - TH - DA - The Tribe
cyberdragon725

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gadgetrocks » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:30 pm

user; Gadgetrocks
    name; Avalon, Irish for "From the Isle of Apples" I don't know why her parents named her that...
    gender; Female
    prompt: Avalon's book is her most prized possession, she rarely puts it down and will quickly slam the cover shut, when a guard or Queen's solider comes by, prompting some Viscets she knows to think she's writing magic, forbidden and dark. Her best friends know she's not writing dark magic, but the stuff she's writing is definitely magic.
    The pages in her book look like this, written in a odd runey scrawl and filled with rough sketches of interesting and non existent flora and fauna.

[/center]
Last edited by Gadgetrocks on Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐

Gadget/Tic Tac - he/they/she - adult

Just a little guy!! Very very into my OCs rn
Not super active

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐
coding art credit
link My Toyhouse
My DeviantArt

└────────────┘