Based on Click to view
Artist CertainNorth [gallery]
Time spent 56 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Rise | #0336

Postby CertainNorth » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:46 am

Welcome to Rise!
Rise is an adoptable based on Warrior Cats and focused around world building and character development.
Please make sure that you read the main thread so that you understand limits and levels!

This is a sibling competition and I encourage partnering with another member of the rise community to complete your forms together! I don't care who does what on the forms, but it should clearly be a team effort (i.e. one can do both art pieces and one can do both stories, or you can each do the story and art on your own forms) This is an open competition where I would just like you to tell me why they are in different clan from their sibling. There should be a story component (600wd max) and an art component(colored) per form. That's 1200ish words and 2 art pieces together. I'm looking for creativity/effort and interconnected-ness of both forms :) (Please no extras)

Username: Chimericect
Cat Name: Crowpaw
Clan: Tribe of Roaring Flames

Description: A black mackerel tabby with white and amber eyes.

Other Features:
Siblings: Petalpaw
------------------------------------------ SSS: Foundation
----------------- SS: Foundation
------------------------------------------ SSD: Foundation
Father: Foundation
------------------------------------------ SDS: Foundation
----------------- SD: Foundation
------------------------------------------ SDD: Foundation

------------------------------------------ DSS: Foundation
----------------- DS: Foundation
------------------------------------------ DSD: Foundation
Dam: Foundation
------------------------------------------ DDS: Foundation
----------------- DD: Foundation
------------------------------------------ DDD: Foundation
Last edited by CertainNorth on Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:43 am, edited 4 times in total.
CertainNorth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Soar beyond your nest, fly far like a crow || 0336 tryout

Postby Chimericect » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:24 am

Username|| Chimericect
    Name || Crowpaw
    Age || 6 moons
    Gender ||Male
    Rank || Apprentice
    Clan Thread ||Tribe of Roaring Flames
    Partner form || [ X ] - read first

Story ||
    The black tom lay curled up in a nest of moss, his tail tucked over his nose as he slept soundly. He could feel a smaller ball of warmth beside him, their breath falling and rising together as one. Petal..
    "Crowpaw, wake up. We have to go on the dawn patrol."
    The voice was gentle, yet it roused Crowpaw from his slumber and made him realize that the cat beside him was not Petal, but Tinykit, who had chosen to sleep in his nest ever since he found the Tribe of Rising Flames almost a moon ago. It had been shocking for the young tom to discover that he was right in his beliefs that there was more beyond the mountains, though he had never expected to find a small group of cats willing to let him in.
    "Crowpaw, did you hear me?"
    Thoughts vanishing, Crowpaw looked up to see the friendly face of his mentor, Adderbite. The tom was easygoing and patient with Crowpaw, who had many questions about the new territory he lived in. "Sorry Adderbite, I was just thinking. I'm ready to go on the patrol now."

The air was warm from Newleaf, and his paws made their way across the rocky mountain terrain as the two cats patrolled the border. "I still can't believe you made your way across the mountains by yourself. You are going to grow into a very strong cat." Adderbite observed thoughtfully, stopping to scent the air for any signs of prey.
    Crowpaw's ears flicked at his words, and he looked forward to see Adderbite staring directly at him, curiosity in his gaze. "It wasn't easy, but I knew I had to do it. When my mother passed away..I woke up one night to see her standing in front of me with tiny stars all in her fur. She told me that I needed to soar far like a crow, and I knew she meant beyond the mountains. Without her guidance I wouldn't be here, I would be back in the valley with my sis-..self." He explained carefully, paws prickling with embarrassment as he glanced at his paws. "It sounds mousebrained."
    He was vaguely aware that Adderbite had moved closer to him, his tail resting gently on the young apprentice's shoulder in understanding. "Our Tribe is watched over by a group of cats that once walked this very land. They call themselves StarClan, and live far, far above we do. Sometimes, cats from StarClan will appear to us in dreams or visions to guide us. When Thunderstar, you, or myself dies, StarClan is where we will go. I do not doubt your mother came from a similar place. StarClan is very sacred to us, never feel mousebrained for seeking their help."
    Gratitude flooded up inside Crowpaw as he listened to his mentors words, yet as he opened his mouth to speak, a familiar scent washed under his nose. "Oh, Adderbite, I'll be right back!"

"Petal! Petal, I'm here!" Crowpaw ran through the rocky woods, pushing through branches and brambles as he followed the familiar scent. His mind raced with questions as to why his sister was here, but right now answers didn't matter, he just needed to find her.
    Pushing through the undergrowth, Crowpaw came to the edge of a smooth cliff that looked over the Tribe territory. The sun had begun to rise beside him, and though he couldn't see her, Petal's scent was strong.
    Stepping forward, the black tom noticed something growing between the rocky cracks - a small flower, just like the ones from the valley. Kneeling down, he gave the plant a gentle sniff, heart swelling as Petal's faint scent drifted off of it.
    I understand.. you've found your home, too.

- art by me, amazing writing by the ever so talented lady masquerade
Last edited by Chimericect on Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:17 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Chimericect

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rise | #0336

Postby Sunlitsecrets » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:25 am

≋≋≋
Q U A I L P A W - -
"i don't care what anyone says, owlpaw... you're my sister."
8 moons | male | apprentice | quailhop | sunlitsecrets | frontierclan | w/dimi.
≋≋≋

... the story begins
(go to Dimi's form first!)

The stars were awake, and, luckily for two certain apprentices, the rest of their Clans were not.
. Quailpaw watched as the night guard walked the other way, and he quietly slipped through the brambles at the edge of FrontierClan territory. Soon he was out of sight, running through the woods towards the meeting place.
. Ever since Otterstar had split them up, ever since he had threatened them with trouble if they ever stuck another paw out of line... well, Quail and his sister Owlpaw had been doing exactly that. Tonight, the tiny black apprentice thought as he sprinted through the woods, was one of those nights.
. He skidded to a halt at the edge of the clearing and clambered. It was a small place surrounded by thick bushes, with only a single tree in the very center. Basically, it was the perfect hiding spot.

Quailpaw emerged on the other side, looked up - and Owlpaw was already there, in the first branch of the tree, a confident grin on her face. "Hey, Quailpaw! Took you long enough to get here, eh? I've been here for ages!"
. Owlpaw scared him a bit... but he still loved her. She was the brave one, the daring one, and seeing her again made him feel a little bit braver, too. "Owlpaw!" he said quietly, a smile of his own forming. "Why are you up there?"
. "Wanted to check out this tree. It's perfect for climbing!" She had that mischievous glint in her eye, the one that meant a challenge. "Wanna race to the top?"
. Despite his fears, despite his hesitation, Quail only ever had one answer. "You bet I do!"
. "Then come on, brother!" she cried, and bounded up the tree. Quailpaw hurried to catch up. He clawed up to the first branch, and Owl was already at the third.
. 'Hey, no fair! That's a head start!" he called up to her, but he didn't really care. He just was glad that they could still be together sometimes, despite everything.
. Owlpaw stopped near the very top of the tree, and by the time Quail dragged himself up there, his paws were shaking in fright.

"We're... so high up..." he stammered, and Owlpaw nodded cheerfully.
. "Yeah. You can see for ages from here," she said, missing the point of the statement. Then she turned to look at him and realized how terrified he was. Her tail brushed up against him, cautiously so as to not startle him. "Hey. Quail. You trust me, right?"
. "Yeah?"
. "I promise I won't let you fall."
. "... okay," said Quail, hesitantly.

They looked out at the world beneath them in silence after that, simply appreciating what little time they had together.
. Owlpaw was the first to speak. "I'm glad we're still friends, brother."
. Quailpaw nodded enthusiastically. "I'm glad, too! Otterstar's scary but... you're still my sister. No one's going to separate us, not forever." Though Quail could be very non-commital most of the time, this was the one thing he was sure of. Nothing could stop him from being with his sister.
. Owl smiled, but then she had an idea. "Hey, just in case anything ever goes wrong... can we agree on something?"
. Quail nodded, a bit slower this time. "Of course! On what?"
. "If a day comes when we can't see each other anymore, secretly or not... let's look up at the stars every night, wherever we are, and say hello."
. "...I like that."
. "Then we're doing it?"
. "Mhm. I do that already anyway."
. Owlpaw sighed, staring up into the galaxy above. "Me too, little brother. Me too."

(597 words according to wordcounter.net)

[Credits]
Dimi did the coding of both forms and the written segment for Owlpaw's form.
Sunlitsecrets did the art pieces on both forms and the written segment for Quailpaw's form.
Last edited by Sunlitsecrets on Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:36 am, edited 24 times in total.
--------------
my characters!
-infj, hufflepuff
-traditional artist
ImageImage

Sunlitsecrets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiffell » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:29 am

username: kiffell
    name: Ravenpaw Ravenfeather
    clan thread: viewtopic.php?f=103&t=3717394
    story:
      Ravenpaw padded swiftly after the large she-cat. "Thank you so much for coming" the she-cat whispered to him. Ravenpaw nodded happily "I can't let any cats die while im around, even in another clan, everyone deserves life." he mewed softly back to her. "Anyway, my name is Sunpatch, and i heard you are Ravenpaw?" She asked. Ravenpaw nodded as they continued downstream. Sunpatch stopped at a two large bushes in the middle of the field and squeezed inside. Ravenpaw followed her inside, and to the cave wall den, which he assumed was the medicine cat den. "Where is your medicine cat?" He asked Sunpatch. Sunpatch shook her head, "We sadly don't have one, none of us ever learned." Ravenpaw walked over to the two cats laying on the grass beds. "Hello," He whispered to them softly, "I'm here now." The chocolate pointed tom looked up, dread and sickness in his eyes. "Thank you, young one," He choked out, "Thank you."

One Moon Later...

Ravenpaw bounded forward, dashing through the grass, and down the river bank. The bright sun was shining down on his darkened fur. Swiftstar, who was behind him, chuckled and followed the young apprentice. "You are really excited to see your brother again, eh?" He asked, as he caught up with the dark apprentice. "Yes! Oh yes!" He exclaimed, "I love him dearly, and i didn't want to leave, him, but Breezeclan was dying, and i couldn't let that happen." Swiftstar brushed his tail over the young apprentice, "Yes, you did me a great thing back then. By the way, how has your training been going?" Ravenpaw looked up at his leader, "Wonderful! You won't believe how many herbs I've memorized!" Ravenpaw and Swiftstar continued down the river bank, chatting away. As they reached the border between Breezeclan and Valleyclan, Ravenpaw grew more excited. When he could see his brother and Flintstar in the distance, he bounded right for them. He ran, faster than he ever could before, reaching his brother and coming to a halt. "Robinpaw!" He exclaimed. Robinpaw wrapped his paws around his brother and hugged him tightly. "I missed you, Ravenpaw." He whispered. Ravenpaw wrapped his paws around his brother and hugged back, "I've missed you too."

art:

partnering with TinyTabby!
Last edited by kiffell on Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- - - - - -
mangroveclan (stars) | cactusclan (stars)
- - - - - -
im no longer active on cs, if you want to talk/need to contact me please do so through discord or TH!
kiffell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kittykore » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:06 am

username: Jack name: Flintkit age: 5 moons gender: Male rank: Kit clan thread: Sootclan Partnered with TheSongOfTheStars
      story:
      "The kits should stay with their mother!"
      "No the father deserves them just as much!"
      There were an onslaught of cries from both clan's members. They had decided to settle it where the clans held all their gatherings, yet nothing had been accomplished but more fighting. The family in question were sitting inbetween the clans desperately trying to reason with both leaders,
      "Please Wildeyes, let us just share the kits!" Firedark begged looking distraught. Honeypetal was wailing loudly, "Sootstar! This shouldn't start a war, we can share them please!". The two kits were sitting between the two parents, crying
      "Dad!! Don't' let them take us" mewed Sunkit.
      Smokekit was sitting next to his mother, "Mom! I wanna go back to the den!"
      "The kits will be going to Sootclan." growled Sootstar a gleam in his eye, he looked like he was ready to attack.
      "No. They belong to Songclan!" Wildeyes shouted, arching her back. Just as they were about to pounce at each other a calm, clear voice rang out around fourtrees. Everyone stopped in their tracks, there on the great rock was Coalnose and Graystorm. The two medicine cats had been crouching on the rock for what seemed like moons, they had come to some sort of agreement.
      "Coalnose and I have been talking" began Graystorm,
      "We'll each take a kit." Coalnose finished eyes shining.
      The clans began whispering, the parents looked at each other. They knew it was a good option but both would rather have it secret like before.
      Wildeyes thought before nodding her head.
      "No! Don't take Sunkit away from me!" wailed Smokekit, grabbing hold of his brother. "Fine. I'll take Sunkit" sniffed Wildeyes, she grabbed hold of the kit's scruff as Smokekit tried to hold onto his brother.
      "No! Smokekit! Don't let them take me!" sobbed Sunkit, try as he might Smokekit was snatched up by Sootstar.
      He growled at the leader and tried swiping at Sootstar's nose, the smokey black leader laughed "Look at him he's a Sootclan warrior already."
      The warriors who had been about to attack glared at each other and followed their leaders. Firedark and Honeypetal lagged behind, the two looked distraught, they knew it would be bad but for the two to be separated? With a sigh Firedark touched his nose to her ear, his tail intertwined with hers. After a few moments like this he said a hushed goodbye and followed after Sunkit and his clan. Honeypetal watched him leave and after a bit she followed, she wished that things had been different.
      ----
      Smokekit was playing in the nursery when he heard a hushed whispers
      "He's halfclan, what was Honeypetal thinking?" He flattened his ears, he's heard the whispers but he wished he hadn't.
      Sunkit and Smokekit have been separated for about two moons now and every day was easier to move on, though neither wanted to it helped. The two had planned to meet tonight, in was nearing sundown and Smokekit could hardly wait. When the clan had settled down he snuck out the back heading near the river, he floundered towards the end of it meeting the charred ground. Luckily Songclan wasn't too far away, after scurrying his way through the burnt trees, he saw his brother waiting for him.
      "Sunkit!" he exclaimed running over and tackling him on the ground. His brother beamed at him "I knew you'd be here!" Smokekit laughed happily
      "Of course! I made a promise we'd be brothers forever didn't I?"
      art:
      Thesongofstars
Last edited by kittykore on Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:06 am, edited 6 times in total.
kittykore

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mythz » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:30 pm

Partnering with Arkin. <3
WIP
username: Mythz
name: Holly- Hollypaw - Hollywhisper
clan thread: Wishclan
story: (500 Words Exactly)

Holly sat next to her brother, Dingo, staring nervously into the forest.
“Is this the right decision?” She asked nervously, unsure if she was ready to take the first step.
Dingo nodded and padded forward. “I know it’s right! We’re meant to be wild cats.” His excited manor was enough for her mood to rise and she followed him out of the house she’d lived in for moons.
Holly followed behind her tabby brother, her nerves faded as she entered the forest. The sunlight dappled the forest floor and the scents were overwhelming.
However, no matter how far they walked, they couldn’t find the legendary clans the rogues walking past had told them about.
Scuffling in the undergrowth behind them made them both turn around, and to their horror, a large meaty head stuck its flat muzzle out from behind one of the bushes.
Holly froze, she’d only seen a dog once – when it had chased her and Dingo down the street.
It’s black-and-tan snout snarled, and its dark eyes glinted with anger and a hint of terror.
“H-Holly…” Her brother stammered as a golden dog appeared to their left and a white one appeared on their right. “Run!” He yowled and they both took off, the dogs’ savage barking echoed through the forest….

Bluestorm padded through the forest, Alfie and Gentlestar next to him. Loud barking and yowling echoed through the forest to their front, and glancing at each other, they all raced in the direction it came from. Running through the forest, he dodged undergrowth and trees and they came skidding to a halt as a grey tom and a tortoiseshell came into view in front of them.
“Morningstar!” Gentlestar called, quickening her pace and running alongside the cats from Creekclan.
The leader of Creekclan nodded to them and told the Wishclan cats that they too had heard the barking and yowling.
All five of them came to a halt as two young cats, one black the other a ginger tabby, came into view. Three large dogs were attacking them, however, they seemed to be good at dodging.

Holly looked up to find five cats watching them. “Help!” She yowled, hissing as one of the dogs snapped at her tail. The three grey cats came in first, followed quickly by the two tortoiseshells.

She yowled in pain as the black dog scratched her flank, another wound added to the several dappled along her flank. The grey and white tom – who seemed sort of familiar – came in and scratched at the dog’s face, giving her enough time to scramble back.
After several minutes of the war, the dogs receded and ran off back the way they’d came.
Happily, Holly flopped to the ground, exhausted. Dingo sat next to her, and soon the other cats had come over too.

“Hello, my name is Gentlestar – I am leader of Wishclan.”
Holly was on her feet in an instant, ignoring the pain of her scratches, and so was Dingo. “We found you!”

End of the story <3

art:
Last edited by Mythz on Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

x
      feel free to call me myt - australian - she/her
      dm me if you need anything! i'm super forgetful,
      so don't be afraid to dm me if you think i may
      have forgotten something <3
      toyhouse | da | Mythz#9104

Mythz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Neah » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:08 am

Mark

Username: Neah
Name: Thistlepaw
Clan Thread: SunClan
Story:
Art:

Partnered with: Placebo
ImageImage
Neah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby weegeestar5 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:46 pm

Marking oops, partnering with tynahi

ImageImageImageImage
art by me, avatar by scolipede. //
check out my comic!
-x-x-x-
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ sᴇᴇ ᴍᴇ

-x-x-x-

and i want a moment to be real
wanna touch things i don't feel
want to hold on and feel i belong
and how can the world want me to change?
they're the ones that stay the same
they don't know me
cause i'm not here

-x-x-x-

ʙᴜᴛ ɪ'ᴍ sᴛɪʟʟ ʜᴇʀᴇ
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
weegeestar5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CertainNorth » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:45 pm

This will close for judging tomorrow! (12 hours)
CertainNorth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CertainNorth » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:39 am

Congrats to both Lady Masquerade and Chimericect!

I loved how the art was styled to have each cat looking at something that reminds them of their sibling! And I really thought your story was cute, loved that it was like, mini personal prophecies. I can't wait to see what they get up to in the future!

I need to give an HM to both dimi. and sunlitsecrets for their awesome stories and lovely art and matching form coding as well!

Nice job all! Loved seeing your stories!
CertainNorth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me