Viscet #2246 - Ink of a Ghost by Strudel

Based on Click to view
Artist Strudel [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 28 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
10 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Viscet #2246 - Ink of a Ghost

Postby Strudel » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:29 pm

This is in part inspired by a dream I had.
Whoo boy was this a ton of fun to work on. Unfortunately, because of the layer effects I used, I couldn't change the colors of the viscet later, even though I was a little unhappy with the colors the way they were.
I didn't post it for a while because of that, but I think I'm satisfied enough to go ahead and post it now ^^;
Also, seeing as my other inspiration for it was a song I had on my computer, it's also great for the song theme.

Code: Select all
[b][u]Username[/u][/b]:
[b][u]Name[/u][/b]:
[b][u]Gender[/u][/b]:
[b][u]Tell me a dream this viscet had[/u][/b]: (200-1000 words)

• The dream can be about anything, as long as it stays CS appropriate.
  • Prettying up is allowed.
  • No extras

End Date; 1/22/18

Mutations;

None

Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=3707789][img]http://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/image/image.php?id=3040411&size=large&format=png&rev=1516246278[/img][/url]
Strudel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #2246 - Ink of a Ghost

Postby magpiemochi. » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:37 pm

o: res!!

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.
magpie / she/her / adult
ImageImage Image Image
pfp & sig art by me
magpiemochi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spirit23Wolf » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:58 pm

Username:
Spirit23wolf
Name:
Pasithea
Tell me a dream this viscet had:
My Dreams are unique to say the least I have what they call lucid dreams or out of body dreams they can be amazing and I would wake up with a big grin on my face and the feeling that I was still floating or they would be completely terrifying and I would wake up in a cold sweet my mind still dancing with all the horrors I had seen. Then other time I would see visions of what is to come they always come true no matter the good or the bad and I can do nothing no matter what I do to try and stop them. Now I have had many strange and recurring dreams I can not always remember them but I do know that I have seen it before. Ok let me tell you about one dream that I can remember easily because It comes to me almost every night. It starts out like any night I fall asleep only to once again "wake up" I float up out of my body but unlike most of my dreams this one I can not control I am completely at the mercy of what ever or who ever it is sending me this dream. Then suddenly I am running from a pack of wolves across a iced over lake on any other night this would be the perfect night the sky is clear and the moon full. And yet I am filled with terror it is a pack of 10 the alpha leading he is pitch black with bright green eyes then his luna a beautiful sliver wolf with blue eyes then the bata a black wolf with white markings and brown eyes Then the delta fourth in command a plain brown wolf with plain brown eyes. Then the rest of the pack to the omega are all veering shads of brown. Any other day I would have loved to watch this pack run and hunt but now I am the hunted. I can see there fangs glinting in the moon light the saliva falling from the edge of there mouth as there lips are pulled back to snarl at me hear every foot step as it hits the ground creating a hypotonic beat. They draw closer with every foot step there snarling getting louder with every beat it is a deadly music that fills me with dread. Then right as I feel like I can run no further and I am ready to give up and let the pack have me I hear a cawing above me I look up and there above me are three skeletal ravens but they do not seem to be fully dead they have a purple aura around them in the shape of there feathers making them look alive even thought you can clearly see the bones. They pick me up and I am riding on the back of the biggest but the wolves are still chasing then the alpha stopped and threw back his head and let out a howl from the depths of his stomach and howl that shakes me to the very core and sends shivers down my spine it lingers in the cold air for a long time. They start running again then there is an answering howl and to the right out of the mist comes another pack led by there alpha this pack is all white with all blue eyes. Then another howl and out of the mist to the left another alpha with another pack this one all black with green eyes and they too merge with the other two packs the alphas and luna's running at the front. And another howl comes out of the mist this one from behind and then I see one more pack running full speed to catch up with the other three these ones are all brown with brown green and blue eyes. The other three packs slow a little to let them catch up now there are 40 wolves running after me and my birds at full speed I wonder how much longer they can keep this up but they don't give in if any thing when you think they should be getting tired they seem to run faster never giving up they continue the chase snarling and snapping tails held up high with the thrill of the chase. My birds are getting tired I can feel it soon they will not be able to go on but the wolves are showing no signs of giving up if anything they seem to be able to tell that the birds are getting tired and are getting faster. Suddenly my birds start to lose height the wolves howl in joy then we are on the ground and the wolves are surrounding me I can no longer run the wolves are all around me snarling and snapping my birds are up and are around me trying to help but they are so tired that there is nothing they can do except act as a shield. Then the alphas and lunas start walking towards me and I know there is nothing that I can do except for await my fate. The white the black and the brown alphas and lunas suddenly spring at my birds two for each once they are down they step back and the original two step forward the other six stepping back with a bow of there heads. My alpha and luna keep walking hackles raised I just bow my head knowing that I can do nothing and excepting my fate. Then they spring at me but then I wake up Only to have the dream come back tomorrow. I have no idea why I keep having this dream but to stop my self from forgetting I got the three skeletal birds tattooed so that I never forget but I don't think I will forget about my dreams there is something that this dream wants me to know.
(1000/1000 Words)

Last edited by Spirit23Wolf on Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:43 pm, edited 20 times in total.
Pet's name: Everest (Thank You KIONO)
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
Spirit23Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby the folly of man » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:55 pm

🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴

【username】:
edgy cat of DOOM

【name】:
Lennon

【gender】:
Male

【dream】:
[759/1000]
He was only a small viscling when it happened, barely a year old. Curled up in his small den, separate from the rest of his family due to the lack of room, he closed his sleepy eyes. The wind was howling like a wolf, or maybe there were actually wolves; he couldn't tell. The young viscet never had trouble sleeping, and this night was no different. His mother had kissed him goodnight about 2 minutes ago. He felt content and cozy, despite the fact it was practically a tropical storm.

Until suddenly, everything around him was falling.

He screamed, but nobody seemed to care. He saw everyone falling, along with the island he called home. Everything was just being swallowed up by the sea. He began to hear some sort of distorted laughter. "This is not funny! Why on Earth are you laughing?" he screamed as loud as he possibly could, tears streaming down his face faster than the pouring rain. The laughter was becoming more and more distorted and horrible. He could feel himself shaking uncontrollably. Where could this laughter be coming from? He looked around, all the land that was once there was now just a black void. The only thing still holding him was a small, sandy floating piece of land. The laughter wouldn't stop. He screamed again, but nothing happened. His voice just echoed, no replies.
All silence, except for the terrible laughter. Skeletal birds with a purple outline began to circle around him. Were they the ones laughing? It sure looked like it. He was so scared and helpless. The laughter came to an ear-piercing volume. He tried to scream one more time, but nothing came out. He kept trying to yell at the birds who circled around him.
Nothing, not even a squeak.
He looked down, chains now clamped onto his paws. His breathing was so quick, yet so silent. All that he loved was gone, and he was stuck in a black void. He was gonna die here. The laughter turned into a loud screech, making him feel as if he was gonna go deaf.
He collapsed to the ground, and continued to shake. The birds flew down, beginning to peck him. He couldn't fight them off if he tried. This was the end of him, he was gonna be eaten alive by terrifying birds. He began to disintegrate. His tail was chipping away, and he didn't understand why. After about a minute, he knew he was gone.

He woke up in the small den, his mother staring at him. He leaped at her and hugged her, no hesitation. "I.. missed you so much." he said, and jumped at the sound of his voice. "I.. I can speak!" he exclaimed. His mother was extremely confused, but he didn't explain. He didn't want to relive it. He was so happy just to be alive. This happiness didn't last long, though. The laughter began to play through his head again. He froze up, and his mother continued to stare at him. "Is something wrong, honey?" she asked. He didn't reply, for he couldn't hear her. He could see the birds swarming around his mother. "Mother! Get out of the way!" he yelped. She didn't move, simply jumped a bit, and he saw the birds attack her til she was nothing. He began to cry again. He couldn't see his mother, despite the fact she was standing right in front of him. Someone was messing with his head. "What's wrong, darling?" she said. He still couldn't hear her over the sound of the laughter. He ran out of the den, feeling the soft, warm sand under his paws. His sister looked at him. "Finally you're up, sleepy head." she said. He still couldn't hear her, or anyone else. The terrible laughter went on and on in his mind, and the birds all swarmed around his family members. They vanished one by one. He ran as far as his legs would take him.

He is an adult now, yet he is still being toyed with. Every night he has a similar dream, different people he cares about die and then seem to vanish in real life. Because of this, he never befriends anyone. He believes he's bad luck, and that everyone will simply vanish if he simply talks to them. He never sleeps, either. He's gone insane because of a silly dream, yet it never seems that simple to him. Every day and night he hears the distorted laughter, nearly unable to hear anything else.

Last edited by the folly of man on Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:28 pm, edited 12 times in total.
★ the folly of man ★
folly/skelly/bazil ☻ any pronouns ☻ genderfluid

ImagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxM

➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤

hi i'm folly i like to draw and stuff. not super active here
outside of adopting pets, but i do use oekaki sometimes !
i'm kind of forgetful so please don't be scared to PM me
if you think i've forgotten anything i owe you! ^_^

ImageImage
ImageImage
pfp by my buddy jonah hi oomfie
the folly of man

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tea... » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:14 am

Username: sequoiatree
Name: mattrè
Tell me a dream this viscet had: (200-1000 words)
Wip
Last edited by Tea... on Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Imageart shop for C$ //art shop for pets I am doing commissions! Very slowly please be patient with me.
Please don't message me on cs unless you don't have a discord! Please message me on discord here at Tea.#1054
Teá. + 342434

Tea...

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby justamindset » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:15 am

Username: DragonOfEmber
Name: Theeña
Tell me a dream this viscet had: Thee wandered on cloud, watching the sun rise above them, happy.

WIP

HNNG
Res
Last edited by justamindset on Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

[♡] ember / / [♡] justamindset
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

[][][][][][][][][][]

information and links

kals // toyhouse // comms: open

𓆩*𓆪 and i know where to look 𓆩*𓆪

in permanent need of coffee

justamindset

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rescue2001 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:09 am

Username:
Name:
Tell me a dream this viscet had: (200-1000 words)

Mark
My Art Shop
I am a Breyer and Schleich collector along
with other brands of all sizes - mainly horses
looking for UR bengal (ultimate dreamie)
b-day is Jan 3rd, I'm a Capicorn♑

Rescue2001

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gp5 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:02 pm

congrats brro! gonna use this later ;;)
Last edited by gp5 on Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gp5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby magpiemochi. » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:43 pm

Due to personal reasons, strudel has asked me to judge this competition for her c:

I'm also mobile and currently unable to get to my laptop, so I apologise for how short my responses are.

I'd like to award Spirit23wolf with 2 stubs! I enjoyed what you had quite a bit, though I'll admit I found myself lost in a couple of parts. I was still able to see the dream you were describing, and what a terrifying nightmare indeed!

Congratulations, edgy cat of DOOM! I enjoyed your form a lot! In the limited amount of words offered to you, you were able to create a clear and easy to follow setting along with an absolutely terrifying story. I felt for the suffering viscet and the fact that he's still having to suffer in his adult life because of a dream is very interesting.

I hope to see more of Lennon around! c:

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.
magpie / she/her / adult
ImageImage Image Image
pfp & sig art by me
magpiemochi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SmileChild » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:04 pm

welp, lead it to me to forget about dates x'D
Last edited by SmileChild on Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
!!!MISSED THE HALLOWEEN TRADE IN!!!
Desperately looking for wishlist 23halloween pets, feel free to send a trade over if you have any spares!

╔══════════════════════╗
-----------------------
☽:Vis's | ☽:Kal's
-----------------------

╚══════════════════════╝

╔═════════════════════════╗
text
text
text
text

╚═════════════════════════╝

SmileChild