Kalon #1334 -- Come On & Teach Us Everything You Know by ✧ airplane.

Based on Click to view
Artist ✧ airplane. [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 59 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
96 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Kalon #1334 -- Come On & Teach Us Everything You Know

Postby ✧ airplane. » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:31 am

Kalons-- a species with soft manes and even softer hearts.

Monitored in forests across the globe for years, these animals
have recently been declared naturally tame as well as sentient.
Scientists are asking the general population to consider adopting
Kalons for further study in their capabilities of intelligence.

"Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
If you've a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind."

Standard: shine, hair
Common: long fur, tail // Uncommon: ears

---

The founder of Ravenclaw house was Rowena Ravelnclaw, known for being one of greatest witches of her age, and the architectural mind behind the Hogwarts Castle!
To win this kalon, you must invent a new spell, and explain what it does, and how the kalon uses it! 1000 word limit!
You may have up to 2 art extras!

Code: Select all
[b]username:[/b]
[b]kalon name:[/b]
[b]spell:[/b]
[b]what the spell does/how the kalon uses it:[/b]

You’re encouraged to pretty up your form!

Ends January 27th, @11:59 PM, EST
There will be no extensions!

Transparent/No Scarf:
Last edited by ✧ airplane. on Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
[ Red he/they queer tired ]
artist + owner of kalons // firestarter#0687
too much coffee & not enough sleep ✦ an ding peak lord

"my king—!"

[ Kalons TH ] [ Adopts TH ]
x
x

✧ airplane.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #1334 -- Come On & Teach Us Everything You Know

Postby Placebo » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:32 am

possible mark?
Placebo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby witchcrafting » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:32 am

╭━━━━─────────────────━╮
username:
Vagabond
kalon name:
Thorin Rowena ;
"brave, daring one. a famous friend."

╰━━━━━━━─────────────━╯

"Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure."
—Rowena Ravenclaw

spell:

Diviius - To separate a soul and alter the good and bad.

what the spell does/how the kalon uses it:

Examination --

"good and evil" is a very common dichotomy. Evil, in a general context, is the absence or opposite of that which is described as being good. Separate; become detached or disconnected. To separate a soul, and it’s inner workings, we created new doors to open, to answer the questions of what is and is not evil or good. The philosophical question of whether morality is absolute, relative, or illusory leads to questions about the nature of evil.
Diviius was a cursed creation, however it could be a blessing, a danger to those who use it and to those affected by it. To separate one’s soul is to take their life into your own hands; to risk everything. It’s a curious little thing, really, to see what you could do with such abilities and power. Though, it it not advised that you use such a spell if you don’t possess a good mental state.

Creation --

The study of good and bad wasn’t a popular topic around Thorin’s home town, however he could sense it. The way people walked, talked, acted; there was always something more. But what? Thorin was curious.
Picking up what books he could find at the library during his trip, the young half-blood began his studies. He wasn’t quite sure what would happen, but with his knowledge in the dark arts, it came in handy.
“Thorin?” A young voice called from down the stairs of the Ravenclaw dorms. “You missed supper, the headmaster has concerns.”
Taking a glance up from his book, Thorin stared with a soft gaze to his friend who stood at the door. “I wasn’t hungry. I was.. Busy.”
“He asks you to meet him in his office.”
Sighing, Thorin rubbed his face, closing his book, standing straight and setting it under the pillow of his bed. “I’ll be there soon.”
Thorin almost took his time heading toward the headmaster’s office. He could sense so much walking past the groups of Kalons he saw.
“Is something concerning you, Mr. Rowena?” The headmaster asked, leaning forward, hands clasped together.
“No.” Thorin said abruptly. “Everything is fine.” His hand rested gently on his cedar wood wand, he staring directly at the kalon before him. He was work on a spell of his own between classes. With his studying of how Kalons worked from mental health to something deeper, he might have been ready to use such a dangerous creation. His curiosity almost seemed to radiate from him. He was daring, and at this point, he wanted answers.

“Mr. Rowena, what are you staring at? You recent actions in the week are concerning..” The headmaster faded off, his own eyes falling upon the wand that was pointed toward him. “Thorin Rowena, is this a threat..”
“Diviius!”
A glow erupted from the end of the wand, a glare washing over Thorin’s face. A black tentacle-like beam emerged from the wand, hitting the headmaster and spreading around his body. His eyes dulled, a beam slowly pulling something from the older Kalon’s chest.
“It… Worked?”
Thorin used his wand to pull the glowing capsule closer to him, examining it closely. It was a soul; separated from the Kalon, divided into good and bad, something no one has probably never seen before. He was able to manipulate the good and evil of something, and it was all created by his own hands.
It was the next day, Thorin not feeling bad that he tampered with the headmaster. The result was only defined by what other Kalons saw. He was all good. Positivity all around, it was almost like Thorin created a whole new person.
He didn’t have any clue to what he’d use the spell for, but he knew he was going to experiment with it more. Perhaps once out of school, or even on the students themselves. It was all up to him, and it was clear he had a new purpose.

A conclusion --

Thorin did use his spell after graduating from Hogwarts, and even used it on people he knew and did not know before he graduated. It was proven that the thought of how this would affect him never crossed his mind, even after using it in the future days coming. The spell wasn’t all that well known, and Thorin only taught those he trusted with this kind of ability. It is unbeknownst to everyone to what true affect the spell has on people and their mental states, whether it help or deteriorates. Those who knew wanted the spell to never be used, though Thorin swore to only use it for good, and if he ever became a professor; teach those who are in need of aid to use such a spell to their advantages. He doesn't think anyone is too young to learn such a spell.
People who know Thorin have mixed beliefs Some say Thorin should be forbidden to use such a curse, and some say the opposite, that people must know how to use this spell for the good. They say Thorin knows what's best if he did his research. It's almost believed that those who agree with Thorin have clouded thoughts. Is it safe to say that is true?
It’s a blessing or a curse. No one truly knows. It’s up to you to define such a spell and it’s uses. It's how you yourself it, whether it be for ruining someone's life, or making it better. But what is truly better for someone, and does altering who they are answer that? Is it really right to alter someone else if you do not agree with how they may be acting around other Kalons?

{ 1,000 words || 5,432 characters }
Last edited by witchcrafting on Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:43 pm, edited 8 times in total.
• George • He/They • Funnee Block Men Enjoyer
TH

witchcrafting

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kanadensis » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:33 am

username: kanadensis
kalon name: Evelyn Wyvernpaw
spell: Reparamora fracti, a spell to mend a broken heart (repar = repair, amora = love, fracti = broken)
what the spell does/how the kalon uses it: [853/1000 words]

A day like any other, Evelyn had descended deep into the maze that was Hogwarts’ library. The first-year had been there since after breakfast, spending most of her time studying while taking short breaks to browse the stacks. She loved books more than anything, especially those relating to her house. At the moment she sat perched upon an old armchair at the end of a stack, nose buried in the dusty pages of “House Ravenclaw: A Comprehensive History”. Evelyn idolized their founder - every since she was a kit she had listened to her parents (both Ravenclaws) tell stories of their house. Now that she was here, she thirsted for more knowledge - like a true Ravenclaw, her mother would undoubtedly say.

“Rowena Ravenclaw died of a broken heart…” She whispered to herself, a shiver running down her spine. She had always been told that the founder had fallen ill, but to learn that a broken heart lead to her untimely death? The kalon bristled at the thought and shut the book with a soft thump. How horrible could that be? Her emotions were quickly overshadowed by logic, as was often the case with Evelyn - was there not a spell that could have saved her? To her knowledge, witches and wizards had magical means to solve nearly every problem she could think of...but a broken heart? The wheels turned in her head as she made her way to the spellbook stacks. There must have been something, and if not, why hadn’t anyone thought of it before?

“A potion perhaps…” She mumbled to herself, flipping past a chapter in an old tome about Amortentia, the strongest love potion in existence. “But it has to be permanent.” Evelyn sighed, replacing the book and pondering the efficacy of charms over elixirs as she returned to her study table.

Of course developing a spell to mend a broken heart would take time, and for Evelyn it did - all of her 7 years at Hogwarts and the following years spent as a post-graduate in Charms, and finally as a Charms professor. She brainstormed and tested hundreds of spells, accumulating wardrobes-full of notes and sketches. She became obsessed with finding the perfect antidote and one day her hard work paid off.

Her model for studying the spells had been one of the many ghosts who haunted the halls of Hogwarts: Lonely Loras. Evelyn had sought him out as soon as she had seen his name in one of the ledgers under witches and wizards who had died of broken hearts. He’d been restricted to one of the towers as he had a propensity for becoming infatuated with passing staff and students (the poor soul), and although he was a ghost, she found that most of her previous attempts had had mild effects on him. That fateful day, Evelyn had uttered the spell with confidence and brimming with hope:

"Reparamora fracti!"

A precise swish of her wand in the shape of a heart, followed by a flick that sent a winding tendril of red floating lazily toward Loras’ chest. Upon contact it burst into a small pink cloud that dissipated slowly into the air. Evelyn watched nervously - although she was confident in her abilities, she always had the fear that a spell would go horribly wrong - and finally asked if the ghost felt any different. He blinked a few times, looking around the room before letting out a soft sigh.

“I’ll tell you my dear, it feels as if a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders!” A smile spread across his ghostly features. “I feel reborn, like a new man!”

Evelyn wasn’t sure how to take this, and she quickly pulled out the questionnaire she had prepared. “A-All right, so if you think back to your dearest love, what do you feel?” She began, scribbling fiercely.

"I barely remember the gal. What was her name?” He laughed joyously. “By god I think you’ve done it!”

The kalon slowly lowered her notepad, feeling the excitement come over her. She’d finally done it, she’d created a spell that could have saved her founder!

Evelyn Wyvernpaw became known worldwide for her creation of the spell. She allowed it to be used only by witches and wizards highly-skilled in Charms and Healing, as its improper casting could lead to worsening of the condition. Throughout the world, broken hearts were mended, changing the lives of those it was used on. She helped thousands of fellow witches and wizards, all due to her years of hard work and determination, though ultimately she regretted that she had been the first to discover it. Had the spell been around when Ravenclaw’s founder, her idol, had fallen ill, perhaps she could have been saved.

{Credits - x x}
Last edited by kanadensis on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:54 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Kana/KB | She/Her xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx THcommsmy kalons
( - - - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx avatarsig )
xxxna for kalons | open: questions | closed: growth approvals, myo approvalsxxxxx
kanadensis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sillies » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:34 am

dropping
Last edited by sillies on Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
sillies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby uηsρεcifiεd ¢ryҏtiɗ » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:35 am

ahh dropping out! Good luck everyone!
Last edited by uηsρεcifiεd ¢ryҏtiɗ on Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
she/they - infp - cryptid/fallow
toyhouse / FR /
uηsρεcifiεd ¢ryҏtiɗ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Madziu » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:35 am

(Absum = be away/absent ; somnum exterreri = nightmare)

Username:
poland0202

Kalon Name:
Alfie Dawkins

Alfie lowered his quill and looked up at the Kalon in front of him. With a raised eyebrow he asked, “How did you find me?”

The Kalon chuckled and just gave him a small smile before responding to his question, “You may have invented a new spell but you aren’t exactly the best at hiding. Now let me introduce myself.” She cleared her throat and took a seat across from him. “My name is Arunika, just call me Rika. And I’m here to interview you about that new spell. We want to find out more about it before it gets published in the new books. And of course we want to find out about you.”

Alfie groaned and sighed a bit. He knew that his work would bring the spotlight on him quite a bit, but he didn’t think it would be this fast. His eyes darted around, looking for a way out. His thoughts interrupted by the reporter.

“Oh please don’t try to run Alfie. Plus…you won’t get very far.” A amused smile found a place on her face as she watched him roll his eyes once more and groan.

“Fine.” Alfie slammed the book he was reading shut and looked over. “What do you want to know?”

Rika happy with how things were going, took out her enchanted quill and looked at him with a bit more of a serious expression. “Let’s start with what the spell is and what it does.”

“The spell is recited ‘absum somnum exterreri’ , and it is a spell that takes away…er protects you from your nightmares.” Alfie stated with very little emotion.

Rika hummed and nodded, “I see. Now how does one cast it? Is there a motion that needs to be done successfully?”

Alfie hesitated a moment but continued, “Well a nightmare can be countered by a daydream. So really all you need to do is think about something you’d like to dream about and in your mind you have to push the nightmare away and replace it with the daydream, or the happy dream. You cannot just take the nightmare away; it needs to be replaced with something else to fill the void. No motion is needed, just a strong mind.”

“So will you be fighting with the nightmare to try and dominate it?” Rika looked over.

“I guess in a sense it is like a fight.” Alfie shrugged.

Rika nodded and took a look at her notepad. “Now, can you cast this on yourself before going to bed? Or does it have to be cast during the nightmare?”

“If you have a strong mind…a strong will to win, to overcome the nightmare then yes you can cast it before bed. I have done it multiple times and had the same dream over and over. And you know I’ve checked.” He looked at her as Rika raised an eyebrow, not knowing whether to believe him or not. “And you can cast it during a nightmare…but that is also a fight on it’s own.”

“Yes, I see.” Rika muttered to herself, “Have you used it on anyone other then yourself?”

Alfie hesitated for a moment and then nodded, “Yes I have used it on a friend. He has a lot of anxiety and this helps him relax and get a good nights rest. Sometimes I had to try casting it a few times before actually succeeding. His nightmares are very strong. And they like to fight back.”

“Really?”

“Yes. This spell can be very draining on the body. Nightmares aren’t something you can just pull away and throw out. The mind is attached to them. You are fighting the nightmare for control of the mind. You are trying to alter that dream into becoming something better, or to protect your mind from the nightmare starting.” Alfie looked up at Rika. “Imagination is powerful.”

“So then do you find it harder to help a child with a nightmare versus an adult?” Rika asked.

“I can say the children I tried this on, the ones that had recurring nightmares…a few times I was unsuccessful. They are the fighters, the ones that will attack you through the entire process. Adults on the other hand are a little easier to deal with, but not always. Everyone is different in the end.”

Rika smiled, “Well Alfie. Thank you for taking the time to talk to us a bit about this spell. I know you were looking at modifying it, to see if you can make it even better. And we look forward to seeing your work.”

Alfie scoffed and looked over, “Taking the time? More like being forced into an interview.” He shook his head. “I will always try and better my spell. Anything that will help with chronic nightmares. They aren’t fun.”

“Did you have nightmares that kept returning?”

“Well, what do you think miss reporter? Why do you think I worked on a spell to try and get rid of them?” Alfie looked at her, wondering if she was dumb or just being sarcastic.

“Hmm, I think I know the answer to that.” Rika laughed before gathering her things.
Last edited by Madziu on Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.
────────────────────────────────

━━━━━( “ 𝑏𝑒 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝒆𝒏𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑎𝑙𝑜𝑛𝑒 )━━
I use she/her pronouns.
X-Ray Tech
Feel free to pm me. If I don't respond, good chance
I've forgotten so feel free to spam me. (:
I <3 Canines
Proud Polish-Canadian
Currently reading the Throne of Glass series.

━━━( 𝑏𝑒 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇 𝒆𝒏𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑎𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡 )━━━
My Kalons Bff Auction link ©
━━━( 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑏𝑒 𝒘𝒊𝒔𝒆 𝒆𝒏𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡𝑜𝑔𝑒𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟 xxxx
xxxxxxx𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑠. ” )━━━━━━━

Madziu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .paris. » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:36 am

.paris.

"a faint constellation in the southern sky, introduced in the 1750s by Nicolas Louis de Lacaille and counted among the 88 modern constellations. Its name means “chisel."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

tempi malum -- meaning time's apple in latin

how to stop time. erase it, even. since the fall of man people have longed for the ability to reset things, to fall back in time and change what happened so that they might get what they want. it is a bitter reality that when we finally learn from our mistakes the ability to fix them has already passed. we learn and we suffer, losing years to dreaming up futures that are millions of years behind us.

caelum, born full of fire and a drive unlike anyone else’s, refused to accept this reality. he worked against it, became the smartest wizard in his decade. he was doing nonverbal magic by 14. everyone was convinced he’d do something great—perhaps become the next minister, or solve world hunger, or maybe even bring about world peace.

but caelum, seeing how precariously settled our illusions were, seeing how much weight we put on repeating the past, strove to do the impossible. he wanted to wipe the slate.

there were lots of mishaps. often he’d end up battered, bruised, and utterly disenchanted with his spellwork after weeks of nothing working. but, like a true student of rowena ravenclaw, he toiled on, determined to find the answer.

and one day, all of a sudden, he found himself at the very beginning of his studies. he had left all the strife, all the work in the past. and he had found the spell.

he was renowned throughout the wizarding world for his endeavors, heralded as a genius. soon the world seemed to be a better place—car accident rates went down, less things were broken, more hearts were saved the grief and pain that time’s miseries inevitably brought about.

but it had its downsides. time was a fickle mistress, and didn’t like being messed with. occasionally freezes would occur, where two people’s wants and desires went at odds and they would keep resetting things. criminals started using it to get away with crimes, repeating a guard’s schedule until they had it memorized. to combat this, the ministry placed limits on how many of the spell could be used per day, tracked the wands that used it, eventually even banned it from students entirely. but it was getting out of control. everyone wanted to erase time and nobody could let her go. the world was at a standstill.

caelum became a fugitive, subject of a manhunt, a martyr for his creations. he went into hiding, fearing for his life. he knew it was only a matter of time before someone found him, before he was dead, and he couldn’t reverse time if he was dead.

after three days in the mountains, during the worst part of a nightly storm, he cried out to the heavens. “what have i done,” he cried. “i just wanted to fix things. i just wanted another chance.”

he watched as the strom ravaged the landscape, leaving no stone unturned. he watched helplessly as rocks collapsed around him, killing nearly everything in its wake. it seemed like nothing would survive.

he went to bed in anguish.

the next morning, after the storm had passed, he walked outside. the landscape was wet, grey, and nearly barren, save for a small blade of grass growing up in the rocks.

as quick as the bolts of lightning had been around him, he knew what he had to do.

even in the bleakest of times, there was a reason for the storm. there was a reason for the hard times. it was so that blade of grass could grow. time may batter us and flee like a thief in the night but there was a reason for everything. there was always a reason.

so, with a heavy heart, he reversed time, back to the day when he figured out the spell. he looked at his wand.

and he left the forbidden fruit alone.

[646/1000]

so we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past - f. scott fitzgerald, the great gatsby
Last edited by .paris. on Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:54 am, edited 8 times in total.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxsig art by bloodiath! <3

i'm not a person, i'm a chicken who escaped the slaughterhouse and stole a wig from party city and is just trying to get by

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
flameclan
my kals

.paris.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Discter » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:36 am

uhm yes
i sold the devil my soul but he didn't know i never had one to begin with
Discter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Takk » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:40 am

:username:
Takk
:kalon name:
Mog
:spell:
fortisio speculo
:what the spell does/how the kalon uses it:
It's a very simple spell but one Mog finds quite useful. The spell turns glass into wood, preventing it from breaking during transportation or around young ones. This spell was made because Mog found himself struggling to bring back beautiful trinkets from far away places without the glass fracturing or completely shattering between when he bought it and when it got home. While very intelligent, Mog is also very clumsy.
He's been known to spill over caldrons, trip over things that aren't there and unfortunately break fragile things that fall into his paws. Because of this, he wanted to make breaking things less of habit so he didn't disappoint friends and family alike. He's tired of hearing 'look but don't touch' or 'put that down before you break something!' whenever he finds a lovely object appealing. Rarely has Mog ever broken anything in the store, but that doesn't mean he won't trip on the door frame and smash it on the way out.
Slightly altering the basics of transfiguration, rather than turning an animal into a glass or pincushion, he'd need to alter an already existing, inanimate object. The spell itself wasn't hard, but rather choosing the right element to change the glass into. Lead? Too heavy... Stone? Still breakable if dropped... Turning it into an animal was out of the question, it might run away all the same and he'd never find it. Acio didn't work well with animals... Mog spent a few days picking up random object and throwing them against the stone floor, letting them tumble down stairs, testing durability before making up his mind.
Wood. Solid, flexible, only weak to water so he couldn't buy snow globes but the idea stuck pretty well. It didn't busy or chip falling down stairs, being thrown on stone or dropped from a tower seemed to hardly phase it. It was the perfect spell to perfect! Studying spells based around wood and glass, he formed his own spell. Trial and error were of course there, he had a hard time figuring out how to change it back but it only took him a week.
Currently, Mog is on the boat to Ireland with a bag full of wooden animals he hopes his little sister will love. His sister collects glass animals, a friend of his enjoys glass decor and for a lady who's caught his eye... A wooden hummingbird, soon to be the beautiful red and pink hand blown glass ornament for her garden.
Last edited by Takk on Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Takk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me