Viscet #2095 - One Last Time - Winner by Hail.

Based on Click to view
Artist Hail. [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 31 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
25 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Viscet #2095 - One Last Time - Winner

Postby Hail. » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:49 am

Owner: universal song
Name: Phia
View Form Here

x1 Stub to tinylittlebox
x2 Stub to surroundingcrystals

Phew. This one was really fun to make, and thank you James. for help with item ideas, haha! For this one, I started off not really knowing what I wanted to do. I mean, I wanted to go out with a bang, that's for sure, but it's always a question of how. When this started forming, I knew it was going to be perfect for this event. Thank you so much to Mint for allowing me to make it and for allowing me to use these mutations, and thank you so much to james., Milo, razors, cyber, betta, Alex, creative, and Humerussin for helping me decide and bring such great support as I made this decision.

On November 20th, I messaged Mint Chip with my resignation. This has been in my head for nearly four months now and I had been contemplating it with a close friend for a while until a few things pushed me over the edge. I would like to keep my reasons to myself and the staff, so please don't message me asking about them as I may only give vague answers. I have spent nearly two years as a staff member, and designing viscets was always a wonderful thing. As my time as a staff comes to an end today, I just wanted to thank those of you who put your all into my competitions and who really tried your best. To see your forms and the effort within them was inspirational and heartwarming. There were few things greater than to sit down and toggle between two or even three fantastic forms to determine a winner. Thank you all for being such good sports and for supporting me through it all. It meant a lot to me.
I suppose that for final advise, I'll say this. In competitions, put your all into it even if you're the only competitor. It's not just about the competition, but it's about the character your creating. Give it life before you win, and you will be that much more connected. Don't do snipe forms. Seriously, it's just rude. You may be afraid that people will steal your ideas, but the artists often look over their competitions as they are going on, so we see when people take your ideas and we make note of it. Have confidence in your own ability and make the competition fair. Try your best to be kind to staff and see why they do the things they do. Yes, they can be disagreeable and yes some decisions are questionable, but understand that these decisions are rarely made for themselves, and when they are it also bounces back to help you guys too. Understand the amount of time and effort that is put into this species and being a staff member and try not to be so rash and quick to judge. This actually goes for all community members. Be kind to one another and always remember the golden rule, because it seems that when we receive a mask which hides us from others we often throw kindness out the window.

Thank you all for this opportunity. I will still be here and there in the community and may go for an adopt or two, but I may be mostly inactive, we will just see how this goes. I hope you all have a wonderful time in the community, and for the chance to give you all an adopt one last time. Farewell <3

now for what some of you have been waiting for: the rules of the adopt! hahaha

This is going to be an unlimited impress me!!
Anything is allowed from 60,000 word stories to 2 minute long animations, go wild and have fun!

I'm going to be looking for a few things in this competition
- fluidity: how well does your form "flow"? Are there things that feel out of place/odd?
- Development: how developed is your character itself? Was too much time focused on the general story?
- Story Alignment: how well does your information match up? Note that I will be taking notes of your story as I read so try your best not to mix up dates/items/events/etc.
- Effort: how much time and care was put into the form? Can I tell that you want to win it for the character and not just to claim my final design?
- Grammar: are the stories well written? Are there any spelling or major grammar errors? Is it clear that they and/or other re-read the stories?

So, those are a few things I am looking for! Other than that, have at you! Have a blast! Most of all what I want to see is people trying their hardest one last time. Put your all into it and blow me away!

Rules
- No Limits!!!!
- No off-site forms! (Off-thread are okay)
- If needed, links to youtube and other common medias for videos/songs are okay. (for ones you need to have a membership for please message me for the okay first as I might not be able to access it)

I DO NOT WANT TO SEE ANY SNIPE/HIDDEN FORMS!!!!
If you are doing an off-thread form please have it linked by your main post up to four days after you post

FAQ
Just a section for any questions I get ^^

This competition will close on 12-21 12-27!
**extended by request on 12/19**

Extensions will be made available a week before the competition ends.

Items
Code: Select all
[img]http://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/image/image.php?id=2998427&size=large&format=png&rev=1512150642[/img]

Itemless
Code: Select all
[img]http://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/image/image.php?id=2998430&size=large&format=png&rev=1512150719[/img]

//Mutations//
Triple Ringed Eyes - Rare
Complex Horns (antlers) - Rare
Major Mane Mutation - Rare
Drapes (Tail and Ankle) - Uncommon
Ear Variation (Feline) - Uncommon
Dragon Nose - Uncommon

//Items//
Layered Purple Scarf
Christmas Lights (yes, they can glow. You may change their color as you please)
Last edited by Hail. on Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:51 pm, edited 5 times in total.
(formerly howlingtothestars)

ImagexImagexImage

┌─────────────┐
coding My Characters
DA Art Sales Amarogs
Cinderclan Avatar

└─────────────┘
● ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ● ●
┌─────────────┐
Back to college!
Heya! You can call me Howl, I'll
respond to both c:

└─────────────┘
Hail.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lunala. » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:52 am

wasnt able to get much done... dropping out.
      Will be using ideas for another viscet though.
Last edited by lunala. on Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
lunala.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #2095 - One Last Time

Postby _Alex_ » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:53 am

reserve c:

- mother of all
      - the most ancient of beings, older than old
      - gone by many names
      - has many powers
      - currently known as ixchel
      - god of jericho and joshua
      - former patron of curare
      - from another realm
Last edited by _Alex_ on Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

_Alex_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Razors » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:54 am

Boop. Maybe just to watch.
Razors

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiffell » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:55 am

entering! form is here

But im sad to see you go howling :C You were so nice to me and just an amazing person and artist as well <3
Last edited by kiffell on Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
- - - - - -
mangroveclan (stars) | cactusclan (stars)
- - - - - -
im no longer active on cs, if you want to talk/need to contact me please do so through discord or TH!
kiffell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Ash Wolf~ » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:56 am

sad to see you go, I wish you the best! All your designs have been great and I’ll be sad to see no more. But I understand and hope things are ok. I’ll be marking this and giving it my all

Last edited by ~Ash Wolf~ on Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image
~Ash Wolf~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby magpiemochi. » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:57 am

ilysm howling!!! You've become one of my closest friends. I'll miss you so much on staff, but I'm so glad we'll be keeping in touch otherwise! ♡

also throwin down a lil reserve

- basically the epitome of Christmas
- the "Santa Claus" of viscets
Last edited by magpiemochi. on Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:21 am, edited 3 times in total.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.
magpie / she/her / adult
ImageImage Image Image
pfp & sig art by me
magpiemochi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby grifforik » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:02 am

Welp, I'm down for this!

Username: Grifforik
Name: Raleigh
Personality: Decisive, bold, a bit cold at times, and very set on what she wants.
History: -How she came to Oak grove village to set up shop.
Story: -How she met Punkin, and became part of the town.
Friends: All the friends shes made along the way.

Art:
2 part panel showing her at work and searching for supplies.
1 piece to show her with Punkin standing outside the Hollyoak Inn (that Punkin owns)
1 piece to show her with her friends in winter.
1 headshot with scarves and lights blinking.
Last edited by grifforik on Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
grifforik

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cyberdragon725 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:03 am

HOWLING, I'M GONNA MISS YOU :cry:

It's been awesome to work with you. You were one of my earliest inspirations when I came into the species, from your design to your passion, and I wish you the absolute best as you go on! You just remember to keep in touch though!

Possible res. If I survive finals
xxxx my fren
xcreaterazoralexhowl
xbettajamesmiloyugi
xblutengu
xxx x COLLEGE‼‼‼
x blu helped coding siggg.
xxxxxx ^Precious Blu Bean
━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━
━ ⭐ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ 🌑 ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ⭐ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━
x To Do ::
✁ Full time job! Growin up
✃ plz send help
✁ Make adopts
✃ Update that toyhouse
✃ Do your gosh darn homework
✃ Stop failing college
✃ HMU if you need a toyhouse code
✃ Anxious as heck, but I'm still here so there's that
✃ Comissions are open, feel free to pm me

━ ⭐ ━ ━ ━ ━ 🌑 ━ ━ ━ ━ ⭐ ━x
My Website - TH - DA - The Tribe
cyberdragon725

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tiny little box » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:09 am

Name:Sydney

Who is she
Sydney is from a small town were nothing ever really happens.She had lived there most of her childhood and wants to live her dream of writing and performing music.
She is a dreamer to say the least and knows what she wants to do.If you even think about saying no to her she will persist you until she eventually gets what she wants
Sydney has the heart of a child and the creativity of a artist and this no more is proven when she meets up with Lyra.Lyra is her very quiet and very nervous girlfriend that helps out Sydney with the music portion of her songs.Sydney would say that Lyra is her muse when it comes to her song writing skills.

Reading
Scrapbooking
Jam sessions
Knitting (she is bad at it)
Riding the train at night
Cooking

Dislikes
Stubborn musicians
Burnt food
Being ignored
Realizing that her goals are really hard to do alone
Being alone

Sydney grabbed the sputtering ticket out of the ticket booth.She had ripped it out and shoved it into her jackets puffy pocket.Sydney just had to get the seven-thirty train in order to get to her new place before it got really dark.With a sigh of relief she gently set her herself on the old bench that was nestled in by the ticket booth.It felt so nice to actually make some progress in her life.Following her dreams and exploring other places.
The sun was dipping into the mountains as she waited for the train.The dark inky sky taking over the once beautiful hues of oranges and reds.She squeezed her suitcase against her chest as the twinkling stars lit up the sky like a million little street lamps.Which reminded her on just how cold it was outside.She had to pull the scarf over her muzzle.Could she just rest until the train comes..it should have been here a while ago.Sydney let out another heavy sigh as her gaze went on to the forest that was just across from the train station. She was getting enveloped in her own thoughts when the familiar grating noise of the ticket machine spitting out another ticket.

She peered over to the stranger.
The stranger was wearing a soft red sweater that looked fat overworn from over the years.But that’s not what stood out about her.From what Sydney could the womens hair was on..fire?The strangers mane flower with the wind,sparking and shooting little licks of flame that disappeared into thin air.On her back was a large instrument holder.What was it,she couldn’t recall.The stranger jolted and looked at Sydney,her brown eyes looking up and down at her with interest but quickly shifted to the floor.Sydney eyes darted to the ground as well.She stayed silent as the viscet dragged her large instrument on her back,the scraping of The obviously worn out wheels attacked her ears.
There she sat.The stranger and Sydney.Staying quiet for the train.The train that was late.The train that was leaving these two strangers in this pregnated silence.
The antlered viscet finally spoke up in the awkward silence.It was meek and quiet.

“A chilly night..isn’t it”
She waited for a response but didn’t get it.She studied the flame maned viscets facial expression.It did indeed change from that of boredom to one of nervousness.She was playing with her paws,looking at her lap.Sydney opened her mouth but didn’t push it.This stranger was obviously not much of a talker.She wouldn’t be in any other circumstance but waiting for the train was a bored.
“Kinda” the fire mane piped up eventually,holding onto her mystery instrument.She was still avoiding to look at her.Sydeny breathed a sigh of relief,smiling at the stranger.”oh,so you do talk” she said in a cheerful voice.She couldn’t help but let out a small giggle at the strange viscets reactions.”I’m Sydney..I’m moving into Waltervillas..where are you going Miss?” She purposely dragged out the sentence,hoping she would pipe in to no avail.She just hesitated again before quietly muttering something under her breath.Sydney strained her ears to listen.”say that again? Didn’t quite get that”
“I’m Lyra...I’m going there too...” she whispered out louder this time.

Well she finally knew the mystery woman’s name.That was a step up to the situation.But it still didn’t answer the big question that troubled her mind.And apparently the other noticed her puzzlement because Lyra had cleared her throat.”It’s not actual fire you know..well it is but it doesn’t burn things...if that was what you were wanting to know” her voice was timid and stiff.Uncomfortable.Sydney smiled and waved her paw at her.”I wasn’t worried so much as I was interested..I do hope I was staring.Unlike Lyra’s Sydney’s was playful and full of life.Words coming out naturally and happily.”it truly is a sight to behold,I just never seen anyone with a meme that moves like that” Sydney set her suitcase onto the floor,her paws relaxed on her lap.

As the train waited longer and longer to stall Sydney’s attitude started to shift.The ever aggravating annoyance of sitting out in the cold was miserable enough.Just as she was going to give up and go home for the night, she noticed that Lyra started to take out whatever instrument was inside.It was a harp.Its soft curves were a little dinged up but it shimmered like beautiful cold.She plucked each little string.Occasionally she would adjust and pluck again.”I hope you don’t mind if I play” she said under her breath.Sydney shook her head no and Lyra began to play something she didn’t recognize at first. But regardless the tiny plucks and strums of the beautiful instrument sent little beams of warmth to her face.She enjoyed it but Lyra seemed to be having a hard time.Her paws were shaking slightly with every strum.Her eye's clenched shut and ears drawn back in far.

Once she was done with her song Lyra let out a big sigh of relief and laid against the wooden bench tiredly. Sydney clapped her hands,standing up."it was beautiful" Sydney exclaimed to the fire mane girl,plopping down on the bench. Lyra opened her mouth but was silenced by the whistle of the train. The two scrambled to there feet,Lyra trying to shoved the golden instrument in the giant bag with troubles.Eventually the train stopped at a hiss.The steam enveloping the train tracks.Sydney sighed in relif.She was grateful she didn't just go home despite how late the train really was. She picked up her suitcase and pushed past some of the bustling viscets that were so eager to leave.

It had been rather busy for it being pretty well into the night.The two passengers were shoved into the same seat.Lyra had to have her harp across from them,making it quite awkward for the two being crammed in together.Frankly Sydney was getting more and annoyed by the whole train ordeal.The antler girl laid her cheek against the train car.Her tired eyes slowly closing.It was at least warm in the train car.Of course it was with the constant torch that Lyra possessed.

“What time do you’ll think we’ll make it to the city” a meek voice said quietly to the sleeping viscet.”not sure..why is it important” Sydney mumbled on sleepily.She was Trying her best to be patient with her but all she wanted to do was sleep.Lyra straightned up a little bit at the question.”I wanted to be able to preform music...but I’m not really sure if I am able to do it...”
Sydney sat up to look at sydney,rubbing her tired little eyes.”why not,you seem to really enjoy it.” And it was true.She loved the way Lyra played.From the way she seemed to always get lost in the music to the beautiful songs she didn’t regonize.Lyra flashed a small smile,actually getting comfortable in Sydney’s presence.Sydney couldn’t help but beam with pride at just the simple smile.”Well it’s true..you are one of the most amazing harp players I have ever heard...not that I have heard many”
“Yes I suppose so” she tapped her paws nervously.”and what is your dream..what are you moving to the city for” Lyra tilted her head,the flames flickering to the side as she did.Sydney smiled a little bit and touched her ear.”Why,I am on my way to become a big star..I can just feel it” her ears shot up when she heard the quiet little giggles.”my,that sounds like a..extravagant” Lyra admitted to Sydney.”That’s how most people explain me..but I Uh” Sydney laughed sheepishly.”I just don’t know how to do it”

Her relationship with Lyra
After meeting Lyra on the nightly train ride the two had ventured on into the city.The two strangers eventually became lovers after sending many letters to each other.Sydney had told the fire mane her dreams her goals.She had trusted her to the point of actually inviting Lyra to her first gig
Last edited by tiny little box on Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:23 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Can you 100% certainty prove that I actually exist?

Bi/dragon/pretty gay

Hmhmhmhmhmhm
hm
hm
hm
hm
tiny little box

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes